AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 34 40.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 33.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 7.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-12-20, 00:23   Link #41
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
hum...this episode made think that if Railgun had aired before Index i think the later would be more enjoyable...i mean i probably would have thought something like " hey! if that Touma guy fought with the fetus, he would probably win by just touching it?I would like to see a series with him using his ability"
The fetus is the same as Hyouka. It has the same core thingy inside her. And yes if she touches Touma's right hand she would disappear. They are artificial versions of angels.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 00:43   Link #42
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I wouldn't enjoy Railgun if Biribiri would go Touma and punch that fetus, so it's two thumbs up for this episode. :3

10/10
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 00:53   Link #43
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
This episode pretty much killed the entire universe for me. With all this power in the hands of little kids, whats to stop them from going rampant and killing people? Whats to stop a group of murderes with high powers simply terrorising people? AntiSkill is useless and Judgement seems to be run by little kids. Had the level upper woman simply broadcast the sound over the broadcast system she could've taken out 99% of the entire city in 5 mins. Thats nuclear level capabilities and she somehow managed to create this this all by herself! Wonder what damage could come if a team of scientistts came together!
Before that, ask why the world allows Japan to create a city that creates weapons of mass destruction and toys with the human body...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 01:30   Link #44
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
This episode pretty much killed the entire universe for me. With all this power in the hands of little kids, whats to stop them from going rampant and killing people? Whats to stop a group of murderes with high powers simply terrorising people? AntiSkill is useless and Judgement seems to be run by little kids. Had the level upper woman simply broadcast the sound over the broadcast system she could've taken out 99% of the entire city in 5 mins. Thats nuclear level capabilities and she somehow managed to create this this all by herself! Wonder what damage could come if a team of scientistts came together!

This episode really did it because it showed just how powerful Railgun and how devoid from any source of reealism the universe truly is.
Read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_of_disbelief and enjoy the series again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And Saten's rehabilitation at the end was just full of win. :3
Yep! I'm so glad Saten came out of coma totally unharmed, both physically and psychologically!
Also, Mikoto came to understand Saten's reasons for using Level Upper (and Kuroko will side with Mikoto), and Uiharu forgave Saten too - so all is back to normal! Woohoo!

Pity she didn't retain any of the esper powers she got...
Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
- We'd be happy to take a piece.
Natsuru:
- Can you even digest it with your guts hanging out like that?

Last edited by Cyrus17; 2009-12-20 at 01:35. Reason: woohoo
Cyrus17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 01:54   Link #45
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

This episode is so.....yurilicious.

And why do they always have to include a swimsuit episode?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 01:59   Link #46
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
And why do they always have to include a swimsuit episode?
fanservice. always brings in the moolah. and they sure are servicing. Not that we don't like - look at all the various fanboys cheering. Even us closet Mitsuko fans get beach episode!Mitsuko as well.
Old 2009-12-20, 02:03   Link #47
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I just loved this episode from start to finish. The rhythm and pace the episode showed was just superb, even if the art and animation showed some flaws like some people mentioned this is just overshadows by how immersive this whole climax was, even for a manga reader like me the episode had me on my toes. 10/10 on my enjoyment scale.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 04:28   Link #48
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Nice bit of an action and climax episode. A good chunk of action, with more nice Mikoto fighting finally. Although just as I thought int he manga, this is the kind of fight where Kuroko could have been let in to show more of how she's more than just lesbian-fanservice-sidebait.

Anti-Skill, useless?................not surprising. Since when are the non-superpower support groups ever useful in these shows?

There was quite a bit of corniness in the Kiyama/Uiharu part though, but that much I can forgive. Getting on the city-wide loudspeaker was a bit hard on the eyes and ears too, though.

Kinda half-and-half on the OP being used for insert song in this particular instance. Dunno why; it just didn't feel as in-place as other OP-insert-songs.

9/10 for a good eaction episode with some minor minuses.

Looks like next episode is Skimpy Swimsuit Kuroko after all.
Old 2009-12-20, 04:39   Link #49
tsunade666

Is their a flaw in the animation? I just can't notice it while watching specially when I see the ITEM!!! I know that I love this episode but I know also that I will be loving more the next episode stupid holidays.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 04:45   Link #50
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus17 View Post
Yep! I'm so glad Saten came out of coma totally unharmed, both physically and psychologically!
Also, Mikoto came to understand Saten's reasons for using Level Upper (and Kuroko will side with Mikoto), and Uiharu forgave Saten too - so all is back to normal! Woohoo!

Pity she didn't retain any of the esper powers she got...
It is good she recovered nicely. Obviously some tough feelings about what happened and guilt for not telling her friends what she was considering doing. But should be fine in the long run. Not retaining that ability is too bad. But maybe having had an ability even for a short time it will encourage her to keep working and not quit.

Solid fight though. Mikoto really took that thing down when she cut loose. That thing got a taste of what it feels like to be Touma. Isn't that easy .
Old 2009-12-20, 04:56   Link #51
tsunade666

Well I prefer the tentacle attack and the item more to the point I like the battle but also its a so so.... but as for saten. I think it's bad that it disappear but its just to show how hard is to become an esper. Maybe you need talent to and gift PLUS luck to even attain it. And a simple air current or telekinesis. In the eye of others it might be significant but to a level 0 like her its meaningful but like I said before I can't wait for the swimsuit episode
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 08:38   Link #52
SnowSong

Antiskill's shield... is it made of plot-holelim? It seems it can stop any thing from projectiles, explosions, to energy beams.
SnowSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 09:06   Link #53
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

To be fair, Anti-skill would be able to deal with most instances rather cleanly with how well equipped they are but level 5's and (in Index) Mages are a bit much for what they supposed to be dealing with.

If you think about it, most Espers in Index/Railgun really aren't that difficult to deal with if you use modern firearms, even most of the level 5's could be sniped pretty easily (with one obvious exception).
Old 2009-12-20, 09:48   Link #54
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
Could you elaborate on the last portion of the spoiler tab? I'm curious about possible connections will the novel.
Spoiler for Reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrigs View Post
did anyone notice the use of a certain sound from the game "starcraft" in this episode ? i'm curious if that's completely legal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Perhaps she's warping in Templar Archives to research Psionic Storm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
Yes! I can't believe I forgot about that! I replayed that second to make sure I heard it right... well, maybe Mikoto realized she needed to construct additional pylons during the fight :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inconvenient View Post
Lol, what was the timestamp for that? I want to hear it.
Quote:
Really? Cool, what sound is that?
I think the sound matrigs was referring to was after 18:16 the sound those Mechsuits were making.
Old 2009-12-20, 10:10   Link #55
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Anti-Skill, useless?................not surprising. Since when are the non-superpower support groups ever useful in these shows?
Well, credit were credit is due, they did show some use in this episode.

As human shields.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowSong View Post
Antiskill's shield... is it made of plot-holelim? It seems it can stop any thing from projectiles, explosions, to energy beams.
If I recall, those shields were specifically designed to deflect psychic powers. Which makes sense for a unit called the anti-skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I think the sound matrigs was referring to was after 18:16 the sound those Mechsuits were making.
Really? But those are pretty standard mecha sounds...
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 11:16   Link #56
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Listen to 12:33. It's the sound (or identical to that) of a probe warping in a building.
Old 2009-12-20, 11:18   Link #57
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Ayako or Mazui subs? Mazui simply has electric crackling.
Old 2009-12-20, 11:27   Link #58
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Ayako or Mazui subs? Mazui simply has electric crackling.
Ayako. It's the first electric sound after Misaka jumps back to avoid crystal shards. If you haven't played SC it would just sound like electricity noise.
Old 2009-12-20, 11:49   Link #59
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

... Because it is. I've lost count how often I've heard that electrical noise, it's pretty much a standard sound file for electricity.
Old 2009-12-20, 12:04   Link #60
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
... Because it is. I've lost count how often I've heard that electrical noise, it's pretty much a standard sound file for electricity.
It's sounds distinct enough for several people to mention it. I'm sure there are only so many possibilities for electrical noise and that similar sounds have been used in many things. I doubt it's the same exact sound even, but after you've warped in thousands of Protoss structures, it's hard not to associate it with that.