atb 2012
cjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 00:12   Link #3162
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
But does Suzaku have the depth of thought to "control" Schniezel effectively? Say he asks for his advice on something, he's still getting the calculating prince and how does he extract good strategy from him without suppressing his real abilities because of the geass? The point is Suzaku and Nunally are basically gonna control the world now with Schniezel as their puppy, just saying that's alot of conclusive-story faith on a character who has never shown any level of decisive thinking, but maybe that's too much to think about, so maybe we need to start clinging to the hope of a Lulu Rice-Farmer...Eh...
Kanon's words on geassed Schniezel (( who became quick-draw Schnizzy )) implies that Schniezel might've become even more effective. It's just a matter of asking advices or giving orders like 'lay out the best policy for the people while stabilizing the budget/etc with all your intellect and might.'

And we're thinking too far ahead. Lelouch doesn't have any plans like permanent eradication of war, eternal peace or something like that. He just wants a peace propelled by the people beyond tyranny and does the necessary steps to ensure it stays long enough with the right hearts and the right minds, and from then, it's all on their own.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 00:15   Link #3163
Aethos

Orange-kun the movie

that's totally what we should get.
Aethos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 00:18   Link #3164
Stream
Radical Dreamer

...and the ending made no sense, but then again, that goes for most of the series. You kinda just go with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
Orange ended up working on a orange plantage with Anya
That joke was taken way, way, WAYYY too far.
Stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 00:21   Link #3165
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
That joke was taken way, way, WAYYY too far.
And to think, the fruit's name was only uttered as a last-minute addition to the script, or perhaps even ad-libbed.

It's like how pizza become a prominent part of the show's mythos; Sunrise knew when to develop small things into opportunities.
Old 2008-09-30, 00:24   Link #3166
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
That's the PROBLEM...STOP making fans happy and just write and//or create a good story...Making fans happy starts this $hit over and over and over again...
I agree to an extent and I can see where you're coming from.

There's probably a lot of people who wanted to see Lelouch die, as well as a lot of people who wanted to see him live. Not to mention people that wanted to see him be paired up with X character. So, how do you keep everyone happy? Have him die and make it ambiguous enough so that everyone is satisfied because they can draw their own conclusions. Same goes with the pairings, by not having the character end up with a love interest everyone kinda feels let down but they accept it because "hey at least he didn't end up with the pairing I don't like."

Either way, the conclusion was very poorly executed. And I believe it's the ambiguity of it that eats at people. If I want to make up my own ending I'd write my own goddamn story. The reason for watching an anime series, movie, tv show, or reading a book is simply to be told a story. A story with no conclusion is terrible and IMO shows lack of creativity. If you insert certain elements into the story and don't resolve them you've just failed at writing.

The story of Code Geass is not over, it can't be when there's still a lot of questions left unanswered. If they had answered everything there was about the Geass, Immortality Codes and finished it all up by having the main character die, so be it. At least everything was tied up. Instead we have the Geass unresolved, and the shady images and camera angles suggesting the main character is in fact alive...That's unacceptable, the writers need to have the balls to either kill someone off, or leave them alive.
Old 2008-09-30, 00:27   Link #3167
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I agree to an extent and I can see where you're coming from.

There's probably a lot of people who wanted to see Lelouch die, as well as a lot of people who wanted to see him live. Not to mention people that wanted to see him be paired up with X character. So, how do you keep everyone happy? Have him die and make it ambiguous enough so that everyone is satisfied because they can draw their own conclusions. Same goes with the pairings, by not having the character end up with a love interest everyone kinda feels let down but they accept it because "hey at least he didn't end up with the pairing I don't like."

Either way, the conclusion was very poorly executed. And I believe it's the ambiguity of it that eats at people. If I want to make up my own ending I'd write my own goddamn story. The reason for watching an anime series, movie, tv show, or reading a book is simply to be told a story. A story with no conclusion is terrible and IMO shows lack of creativity. If you insert certain elements into the story and don't resolve them you've just failed at writing.

The story of Code Geass is not over, it can't be when there's still a lot of questions left unanswered. If they had answered everything there was about the Geass, Immortality Codes and finished it all up by having the main character die, so be it. At least everything was tied up. Instead we have the Geass unresolved, and the shady images and camera angles suggesting the main character is in fact alive...That's unacceptable, the writers need to have the balls to either kill someone off, or leave them alive.

Welcome to the terorrdome...

This is basically my gripe with every anime that does this...By caving in to ambiguity you chose nothing over something, but to Sunrise that "nothing" is everything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGale
It's just a matter of asking advices or giving orders like 'lay out the best policy for the people while stabilizing the budget/etc with all your intellect and might.'
That's so ghey, to use Schnizzle' Fabulous skills like a doll with a string who spits out the right answer, damn...I was never a fan of Schnizel being the endboss (which he failed at), but it's kinda wak to convey the message that he's actually good then use his perceived goodness as mental and psychological slavery...Something just not right about all the smiling and happy wedding pics when you still have to enslave someone just to keep stability when you've clearly won...Kinda goes against freeing the world of geass and pursuing free will when the world's best tactician is under the command of the least decisive character in the CG-Universe...Oh well...

Oh and I'm having a little fun with the whole Rice-farmer thing, but I actually reject the fact that Lulu is still alive, but with him seemingly dead I just don't think the Fake Zero thing will work either...Glad I mentally checked out after Charles bit the dust^^...
Old 2008-09-30, 00:36   Link #3168
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
That's so ghey, to use Schnizzle' Fabulous skills like a doll with a string who spits out the right answer, damn...I was never a fan of Schnizel being the endboss (which he failed at), but it's kinda wak to convey the message that he's actually good then use his perceived goodness as mental and psychological slavery...Something just not right about all the smiling and happy wedding pics when you still have to enslave someone just to keep stability when you've clearly won...Kinda goes against freeing the world of geass and pursuing free will when the world's best tactician is under the command of the least decisive character in the CG-Universe...Oh well...

Oh and I'm having a little fun with the whole Rice-farmer thing, but I actually reject the fact that Lulu is still alive, but with him seemingly dead I just don't think the Fake Zero thing will work either...Glad I mentally checked out after Charles bit the dust^^...
I dunno.

Cornelia, Bismarck, and even Lelouch have pointed out that in a perfect era, Schenziel would be the perfect king

How sad.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 00:40   Link #3169
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I dunno.

Cornelia, Bismarck, and even Lelouch have pointed out that in a perfect era, Schenziel would be the perfect king

How sad.
That's the point...Until he's released from geass he can't ever realize any of this...That's like having the perfect toddler created from the junk of Micheal Jordan, Tiger Woods, and Peyton Manning and having that kid grow up with Micheal Moore and his eating habits...Schnizel will never blossom under a geassed Zerozaku regime...His potential as a great King can never be realized...
Old 2008-09-30, 00:42   Link #3170
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
That's the point...Until he's released from geass he can't ever realize any of this...That's like having the perfect toddler created from the junk of Micheal Jordan, Tiger Woods, and Peyton Manning and having that kid grow up with Micheal Moore and his eating habits...Schnizel will never blossom under a geassed Zerozaku regime...His potential as a great King can never be realized...
Yes, a geassed Schneizel is not a leader but a follower which basically nullifies any leadership qualities he had prior to becoming Zero's slave.
Old 2008-09-30, 00:47   Link #3171
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
The problem is that now staff don't have the balls to make tough decisions, the two best examples I can think of is Kishimoto revealing that the vilest person in the entire series, Itachi is the purest member of the entire series, killing his entire clan for the good of the Leaf Village, and the ending to Mai Hime where everyone comes back to life, and everyone is forgiven.

In the 80's you could get the main character being offed in a complete downer ending (Gundam 0080, the Gundam novels), now the whole thing has become so merchandize that the fans basically run the story.

Occasionally this works, Sayoko, and Jeremiah where retooled to be more interesting. but most of the times it doesn't.
Gundam 0080's end was so good. It's sad that people don't make anime like that anymore =(.
Old 2008-09-30, 00:48   Link #3172
Aethos

if we're comparing Geass to Gundam. We all know the most compatable is with Gundam Wing. XD
Aethos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 00:54   Link #3173
Jestersage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethos View Post
if we're comparing Geass to Gundam. We all know the most compatable is with Gundam Wing. XD
Sidenote: taniguchi actually drew the storyboard for Gundam Wing.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 00:55   Link #3174
xcatangelx

well there going to be Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 2nd Season comin soon
xcatangelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 00:59   Link #3175
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Lelouch will return, Edward Elric Style in some movie of Code Geass, where Nunnally gets her own Geass....
Old 2008-09-30, 01:03   Link #3176
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

By defeating Kallen, Suzaku set his place as 1st place on the Knightmare battles.

YOU USED GEASS ON ME DIDN'T YOU?!

um, no shit.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 01:04   Link #3177
LIL_BUNNYFUFU

well theres been alot of arguing back in forth but will there be an ova movie or maybe an interview with the creator to put this for rest if so please list ur source
LIL_BUNNYFUFU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 01:14   Link #3178
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
By defeating Kallen, Suzaku set his place as 1st place on the Knightmare battles.
Last I checked he had to ditch his exploding Knightmare. It's only a victory in that he accomplished his strategic objective.
Old 2008-09-30, 01:17   Link #3179
Stream
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightlumina View Post
Lelouch will return, Edward Elric Style in some movie of Code Geass, where Nunnally gets her own Geass....
They could totally animate Nightmare of Nunally for another season and way different version of Code Geass.
Stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 01:18   Link #3180
Monkey D. Luffy

I thought the ending to this series was good/solid this way everybody gets to make their perfect conclusion and draw out the rest of the story as they see fit. Personally, I would of liked to see an ending where they tied things up as fit as they saw possible and with not too many lingering questions as to the resolution of the whole story. Guess it wasn't meant to be. Now you have all the Code Geass fans and fanatics dissecting every single frame and line as to prove their point as redundant or as fun as it can be made and conceived. Which is nice because it's the mark of a series that has touched many people to the point where they actually want to draw out as solid a canon as can be scraped from what was given in the finale.

I would of liked to known what happened at the end, what happened to the protagonist of the story, what was his fate? I've always liked tragic heroes in fiction, reality wherever they may be found, so I have to admit that I would of liked a definite resolve. I would of liked to known if he did fit the role of tragic hero or if he went on to play chess for the rest of his life. As solid as the ending was in my eyes, there is also however that void that remains.

With that said I have to say this was a very good series, some will say it lived up to the hype some will say the opposite. I won't say that I hope that there is more Code Geass or that there should be so that they can close the remaining questions, because if there was then the reasoning to which they concluded the series would of been a fault and a shortcoming. This is the end how as it was given to us so let it be, as happy and satisfied or as disappointed and frustrated as some fans may be. I'll have to say I stand in middle ground.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote