♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki_Nakatsukasa View Post
Very silly but please answer this

what is cookies and what is that for ?

how to give it for someone ?
Oh god, i was about to say. Almost though you meant a real cookie. Was gonna slap you ^^

Like Cats and riker said. Cookies are something I use as a synonymous as a rep or a good deed.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 23:06   Link #2422
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Hmmm, then you're looking at yes-asia or nippon-export..... ebay maybe....
I've bought some OSTs from CDJapan and found them a reasonably-priced and relaible seller. Didn't find anything when doing a search for "Ronin Warriors" though. I was more successful searching for "Yoroiden Samurai Troopers," but only found the DVDs.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 23:32   Link #2423
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉´)

Send a message via AIM to LiberLibri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Does someone perhaps know one or more tools, to create own music?

A friend of mine asked me that and since here were all my questions answered perfectly, i ask here.
There are many free MIDI sequencers already in the Internet. Take some and just try them. However, you should remind him/her of the fact that any software doesn't make him/her musically talented. What idea he/she has matters, not which software he/she uses.
LiberLibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 07:21   Link #2424
Shoko
Estelle x Yuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
You mean on this forum? They probably are refering to reputation.
Click this icon below the member's avatar to give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Following what Rike pointed out, the term comes from the fact reputation dots are round just as cookies are round; with the rest of the association being attributed to the deed itself (a thank you in a lot of cases). When someone sends out reputation the message contains them on the left, hence: "I'll send you a cookie"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Oh god, i was about to say. Almost though you meant a real cookie. Was gonna slap you ^^

Like Cats and riker said. Cookies are something I use as a synonymous as a rep or a good deed.

I see now, Then why some people usually tell that he/she can't give cookies ? or don't have cookies yet ?

and when I logged out it tell "cookies cleared" I don't understand
Shoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 07:42   Link #2425
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
You're thinking of browser cookies instead.

Quote:
A browser cookie is a small piece of information sent by a server to a web browser to be stored for future use. The data in the browser cookie will be sent back to the web server whenever the browser reconnects to the website.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 08:19   Link #2426
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
I see now, Then why some people usually tell that he/she can't give cookies ? or don't have cookies yet ?

You are putting two things with the same name together as one.

First, you can only give out reputation to a limited number of people. Of the top of my head I think it was something like 20 people difference before giving it back to the same person again. Hence, the "I cant give you any cookies yet" slang phrase.

The other thing, "cookies cleared" is a completely different type of cookie (a technical term to be precise). In this case we are talking about browser cookies which are small amount of information that a site is allowed to save on your computer so as to offer a more easy browser experience (in laymans terms). You can read the technical version on cookies at wikipedia.
Old 2009-01-18, 09:06   Link #2427
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Does someone perhaps know one or more tools, to create own music?

A friend of mine asked me that and since here were all my questions answered perfectly, i ask here.

I just need the name(s).

Thanks a lot ahead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberLibri View Post
There are many free MIDI sequencers already in the Internet. Take some and just try them. However, you should remind him/her of the fact that any software doesn't make him/her musically talented. What idea he/she has matters, not which software he/she uses.
And in case you want names of some professional programs (but not free of course), you can always take a look at Cakewalk or FL Studio (which I'm happily using).

But as LiberLibri said, talent is needed. A LOT of it. And in case of FL, you even need to know things not only about music, but about the sound itself as well (seriously, some setting tabs look like a Boeing cockpit ).

(In case you're interested, I can provide you with some FL outcome I composed)
Old 2009-01-18, 12:00   Link #2428
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
And in case you want names of some professional programs (but not free of course), you can always take a look at Cakewalk or FL Studio (which I'm happily using).

But as LiberLibri said, talent is needed. A LOT of it. And in case of FL, you even need to know things not only about music, but about the sound itself as well (seriously, some setting tabs look like a Boeing cockpit ).

(In case you're interested, I can provide you with some FL outcome I composed)
Yeah, some of them look really complicated. Are there any MIDI sequencers that are more for um... people that know music but don't have a lot of experience composing with software? I looked at quite a few of those (it's also something I've been interested in), but they all look awfully complicated. Any "dumbed-down" versions?
Old 2009-01-18, 12:04   Link #2429
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Yeah, some of them look really complicated. Are there any MIDI sequencers that are more for um... people that know music but don't have a lot of experience composing with software? I looked at quite a few of those (it's also something I've been interested in), but they all look awfully complicated. Any "dumbed-down" versions?
I dunno I used some freeware apps years back to change interments and timing as well as copied tracks to layer sounds and interments, mind you I suck at music can not read it or play it on a keybaord but I can toy with the midi file and make it sound better.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 13:09   Link #2430
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Sourceforge is always the best place to look first for free applications in any area. Here's some for music composition.

I vouch for none of them
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 14:25   Link #2431
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
You should read the FAQ Riker linked to in his post. Everything (That the mods want you to know) reputation related can be found there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
First, you can only give out reputation to a limited number of people. Of the top of my head I think it was something like 20 people difference before giving it back to the same person again. Hence, the "I cant give you any cookies yet" slang phrase.
It's actually ten people.

.......or so the FAQ says.
Old 2009-01-18, 14:55   Link #2432
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Hmmm, then you're looking at yes-asia or nippon-export..... ebay maybe....

I've almost never seen any "domestic" record store online or real that had a decent anime OST collection (or one that cost less than just ordering it from Japan).
Guess i'l just have to use amazon then
Thanks for all ur help
Old 2009-01-19, 09:09   Link #2433
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
silly question concerning a BPM rating
I was wondering if anyone knew what the BMP rating could be for this song from the part 2:04 and further

-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 23:33   Link #2434
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I have noticed that at certain time of the day certain section of the forum has increase in number of viewers to about two hundreds. Anyone know why does that happen?
Old 2009-01-19, 23:47   Link #2435
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I have noticed that at certain time of the day certain section of the forum has increase in number of viewers to about two hundreds. Anyone know why does that happen?
Well, if its a section of forum that focuses on, say, certain anime series popular with the K-12 students - that might be when they get home from school?

Each subforum may have its own cycle depending on the audience.
Old 2009-01-20, 12:23   Link #2436
darkoni foever

LOL,hi sorry to make an intrusion.

Honestly its the title thats attract me

It sound great and interesting
darkoni foever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 14:12   Link #2437
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Well, if its a section of forum that focuses on, say, certain anime series popular with the K-12 students - that might be when they get home from school?

Each subforum may have its own cycle depending on the audience.
Well, in Fan Creations we suddenly get a burst of visitors (all guests) that always go near the 200 mark. They stick around for less than 10 minutes aprox. and then left (all together)

Been hapenning for months now and we sometimes even joke about it.
Old 2009-01-20, 15:10   Link #2438
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Well, in Fan Creations we suddenly get a burst of visitors (all guests) that always go near the 200 mark. They stick around for less than 10 minutes aprox. and then left (all together)

.... okay that is a bit weird, hive-mind sort of thing.
Theory 1: someone found the site with all of its pics, and told their friends --- so everyone at lunch break swarms the site, grabs pics, and then break is over.
Theory 2: someone created a bot-net that has an interest in fan art.. .
Old 2009-01-20, 16:49   Link #2439
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Question: why do noises like scratching on a blackboard feel so unpleasant and send shivers down people's spines?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 19:17   Link #2440
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post

Quote:
.... okay that is a bit weird, hive-mind sort of thing.
Theory 1: someone found the site with all of its pics, and told their friends --- so everyone at lunch break swarms the site, grabs pics, and then break is over.
Theory 2: someone created a bot-net that has an interest in fan art.. .

The thing is that its more than fan creation section, yesterday I saw that general anime had over 300 viewers. I am wondering if the mod knows anything about it.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious