000 - 010: You never even finished the episode... 1 1.28%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-08, 22:27   Link #41
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajin View Post

also opening shows screen shots looks like fillers will be on screen soon
Fillers? Where?!
The whole opening has Jiraya VS Pein and Sasuke VS Itachi, how does it imply fillers?
Now that we have new opening, there definetly won't be fillers for next 24 episodes or so...Unless they will launch with new Ending what means 13 episodes before that, although opening definetly doesn't suggest it.
Old 2009-10-08, 23:15   Link #42
silverwolf0

These two episodes didn't even feel like Naruto at all. Almost a whole other series. That's a good thing. Naruto is the least interesting character by far. And the most annoyingly stupid.

Liked the opening sequences. HATED the song. Throwing that song with the growing pile of terrible engrish plus broken teeth/chopped off tongue singing. Actually the song is decent, just not the lyrics or whatever nutjob is singing to it.

From the opening and the preview, I am not too optimistic about the fight animation. I don't know what studio does it nor bother following the different animation houses, but I particulary despise this one whenever it shows up. The Sarutobi vs. Orochimaru, the Naruto vs. Sasuke, and now the Jiraiya vs. Pain. It's like why bother even drawing anything as long as it moves fluidly. You can just make each character an amorphous blob with a few red ink marks here and there for Jiraiya's face and voila!. Instant fight scene.
silverwolf0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 00:06   Link #43
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolf0 View Post
These two episodes didn't even feel like Naruto at all. Almost a whole other series. That's a good thing. Naruto is the least interesting character by far. And the most annoyingly stupid.
Well... this is naruto 2.0... this is the start of a whole new show, totally diferent to what you watched before.
Old 2009-10-09, 00:46   Link #44
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Well... this is naruto 2.0... this is the start of a whole new show, totally diferent to what you watched before.
Absolutely! I checked out episode 93 as suggested by Neshru. The pacing disparity between the episode 93 and these episode is so glaring that it's not even funny. I intend to enjoy Naruto 2.0 to the fullest as long as this stretch last.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 01:37   Link #45
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Absolutely! I checked out episode 93 as suggested by Neshru. The pacing disparity between the episode 93 and these episode is so glaring that it's not even funny. I intend to enjoy Naruto 2.0 to the fullest as long as this stretch last.
Things are only getting better, there is almost a hundred of chapters to be animated and there is only epicness after epicness...
Old 2009-10-09, 02:29   Link #46
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Well just watched the 2 episodes. I don't really see how the new OP is so good. I prefer the last one really. The pacing of the show is so much better now though. No fillers at all too.
Old 2009-10-09, 02:37   Link #47
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Well just watched the 2 episodes. I don't really see how the new OP is so good. I prefer the last one really. The pacing of the show is so much better now though. No fillers at all too.
Lol thats gonna turn into a 1 full year worth of filler seasons to let the manga pull away again.

For me the best part of the episode was when Jiraiya told his frog summon that he suspects Madara, and the frog burst out laughing
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 03:14   Link #48
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I loved these.
Brilliant episodes, weren't they? I just had to laugh that Pain freed himself from Jiraiya's crazy hair jutsu with a kawarimi-no-jutsu. It's the most simple jutsu and it even works on Jiraiya.
The fighting scenes were just as epic as the atmosphere. Have you noticed? It's just like back in the days, when Zabusa was there. It's a thrilling feeling, an atmosphere of chaos and violence, but only tension that's in the air. You can feel the heat, but it doesn't burn your skin. This is good stuff.
Old 2009-10-09, 03:15   Link #49
Kavaron

I do not read the manga but it is very obvious that Jiraya will die. (I hope he escapes somehow by the way).

The tip was given when he said goodbye to Tsunade and also when he was talking with the frogscroll and told him if I get hurt go to Naruto.

Damn.. first time I am with the good guys in a Naruto battle.
Kavaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 04:00   Link #50
Siddyus
The Insidious

I must say it was indeed a brilliant episode. I guess the 2 weeks wait was certainly worth it. Now I am even more thrilled to see the upcoming episode. Its about time to witness one of the best fights in Shippuden.

And the OP was great. Though I think it revealed a lot of the good scenes. But I guess that makes you wanna watch Shippudden even more. Well, at least for me.

Siddyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 05:08   Link #51
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
I don't really see how the new OP is so good.
it has sick animation sequences done by some of the best animators around?

Quote:
I checked out episode 93 as suggested by Neshru. The pacing disparity between the episode 93 and these episode is so glaring that it's not even funny. I intend to enjoy Naruto 2.0 to the fullest as long as this stretch last.
Well, that filler arc was the most stretched out thing ever, the previous canon arc was better than that
But it's true that since Kakashi Gaiden the pace has pretty much doubled. Up to that point most episodes covered between 1 and 1.5 manga chapters, now every episode covers at least 2 chapters. Going by the episode titles, the entire Jiraiya vs Pain battle will be done with an average of 2.8 chapters per episode.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 05:15   Link #52
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
I loved these.
Brilliant episodes, weren't they? I just had to laugh that Pain freed himself from Jiraiya's crazy hair jutsu with a kawarimi-no-jutsu. It's the most simple jutsu and it even works on Jiraiya.
The fighting scenes were just as epic as the atmosphere. Have you noticed? It's just like back in the days, when Zabusa was there. It's a thrilling feeling, an atmosphere of chaos and violence, but only tension that's in the air. You can feel the heat, but it doesn't burn your skin. This is good stuff.
Yup.

As far as the anime goes, there are 3 distinct types of "fight" atmospheres I've noticed in Naruto.

The atmosphere is largely due to the pacing and the quality of the animation. That is the atmosphere that was there in the Zabuza fight. I saw/felt it again when Sasuke was fighting Orochimaru in the forest of death during the Chuunin exams. The Lee vs Gaara exam fight was great but it didn't quite have the animation quality. The fight between Kakashi and Kakuzu (before Naruto ruined it) had some of that same feeling. Kakashi vs Itachi the first fight early on in the anime was awesome too.

The second atmosphere category i'd put fights like the Gaara vs Deidara, Rescue Sasuke mission fights, Sasuke vs Deidara etc. Fights where the animation was good but it didn't have that same feeling as the ones I mentioned above.

The last category I'd put fights which should have been good but were ultimately cheezy because the animation sucked and it felt weird. In that category i'd put fights like Naruto vs Neji. Sarutobi vs Orochimaru. Jiraiya/Tsuande vs Orochimaru. Sasuke vs Naruto at the Valley (hated that animation style) Something about those fights was just .... off
Old 2009-10-09, 13:02   Link #53
Uzumaki626
-=GIF Sennin=-

Send a message via MSN to Uzumaki626
Cool Monir!

Quote:
Episode 130 was mostly action. But now we have a massive answer to why the bijuus are being gathered. Create an ultimate forbidden jutsu, give a copy of that prototype to each warring nation, let them detonate, and have them realize for themselves nations are formed by people. If there are no people to begin with, what is the point of nation. Like Pain says, let them learn through the pain and in turn, have mature outlook at things.

Hey, are they talking about nuclear weaponry?

Liked this episode very very much. It had everything. Lot's of information. Lot's of new revelation. And reaffirmation to the speculation that Pain is Yahiko. The opening theme helped it.

And the biggest mystery of all why Itachi wiped out the Uchiha clan... well, looks like he might not have done it at all. Uchiha Madara anyone? He was so powerful that he could summon the 9-tail. And the opening theme, once again, also helped. So, once again the real reason behind why the bijuus are being gathered still may be shrouded in mystery. We all know Tobi is the true leader.

I haven't been this excited about Naruto in years. Oh, how I wish the other old sinners were here too. We could have had a reunion of some sort for the old time sakes.. *giggles*

Finally, love this image:

P.S. Oh james, you forgot to tick mark on the "Public" option for the poll. That way we would know who was bitter enough to vote a 1 to this episode, and my vote for that matter. Now I don't know which one I voted. Let's see if we can remedy this..
Monir, I have come out of the shadows after several years of only reading posts to write a response about your reunion idea! Do you remember me?

I too am thrilled about the direction Naruto is going and I am more engaged in the story than ever! It has been a while since I got this excited watching Naruto.
Uzumaki626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 13:53   Link #54
Scorpian
Banned

The only thing I can complain about is the very long dialog between Jiraiya and the frog. Otherwise, it was great: art-wise, dialog, and especially pacing. These last few episodes have been some of the best paced ever, and the art is done very well. I like how Pein is drawn, and his voice fits him pretty well. One of my favorite voices I can say, but imo, Orochimaru's voice is the best matched ever... The music and suspense building is excellent as well, I haven't felt this way watching an anime episode since Gaara's fight.
Scorpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 14:49   Link #55
naruske

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0z3nShade View Post
So where is the the other half of the biju?
minato sealed it within the death god
naruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 19:18   Link #56
foreverdissevered
Endless Entity

What Chapter would this Episode be in the Manga?

+ Is the manga close to finishing? ( in your opinion)

Thank you
foreverdissevered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 20:03   Link #57
Bombo
TSF Fans

C'mon no one notic hinata how she cute with Face serious with new OP ?
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 20:23   Link #58
Scorpian
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdissevered View Post
What Chapter would this Episode be in the Manga?

Thank you
this episode would correspond to chapter 374 I believe... I'd guess the manga has somewhere around 100 chapters left, with the current state of things. But thats just my guess.
Scorpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 22:55   Link #59
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdissevered View Post
No... the manga is right now in the middle of a lot of conflicts, it's impossible to say that is close to the end.
Old 2009-10-09, 23:00   Link #60
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

People who don't read the manga are impressive.

I don't have the will power to stick to the anime alone. Especially when those year long filler seasons hit.

Tags
weekly episode discussion