Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-16, 13:10   Link #41
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
With regards to the in-bold, how do you know this?
I think I remember The Old Guy that helped Franky when he was deserted in Vegapunk's hometown said something like that

but I might be wrong
Old 2012-02-16, 13:36   Link #42
Slayerx

If anything, i highly doubt that Buggy would be behind all this. The idea that he is would imply that he has gotten stronger in the past 2 years which rather goes against Buggy's whole thing. He's a comic relief villain, and the whole idea now is that he's supposed to be commanding a crew of pirates who are stronger than him and using nothing more than bluffs and reputation to keep himself ahead of the game.

Quote:
With regards to the in-bold, how do you know this?
Its somewhere around the 590's before franky got the news from Luffy to wait 2 more years; the chapter where he accidently causes a massive explosion on the island. The Old man tells franky that Dr.Vegapunk was working on a ground heating system to help the freezing poeple but was never able to complete it.
Old 2012-02-16, 14:09   Link #43
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Its somewhere around the 590's before franky got the news from Luffy to wait 2 more years; the chapter where he accidently causes a massive explosion on the island. The Old man tells franky that Dr.Vegapunk was working on a ground heating system to help the freezing poeple but was never able to complete it.
I found it. Thanks for that. But even so, that island of Balgimoa isn't necessarily his homeland. All that was said was that he spent his youthful days there. He may have migrated there from somewhere else.
Old 2012-02-16, 15:15   Link #44
marvelB

Y'know, since Brooke's apparently going to have a solo adventure now, I'm kinda hoping that we'll see him make a path from the Sunny to Punk Hazard by freezing the ocean, Aokiji style (which would be really badass ). I mean, maybe his spirit powers will prevent the ice from melting so easily in that blazing-hot temperature.....
Old 2012-02-16, 20:32   Link #45
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I'm guessing the giant kids have been kidnapped from the giant village for some experiments.
Old 2012-02-17, 10:18   Link #46
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I dunno.... for some reason, I can't help but think that Usopp of all people would end up mothering that baby more than either Robin OR Nami.
I think the more likely candidate is Zoro. He was the one parenting chopper afterall. + it fits into his whole cold external persona, but being a push over in reality
Old 2012-02-17, 18:22   Link #47
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post

that's an interesting piece of information. bu is the sound of a fart, eh? lol
And to lesser extent, "puu" for higher pitched fart.
Likewise, the whooppie cushion you use for pranks to make fart sounds is called buu buu cushion in Japan.

Quote:
I found it. Thanks for that. But even so, that island of Balgimoa isn't necessarily his homeland. All that was said was that he spent his youthful days there. He may have migrated there from somewhere else.
I don't think that's what Kanon is alluding.
More like, Vegapunk continued the research to create warmer climate on PH for his homeland, but the experiment went out of control.
Old 2012-02-17, 18:32   Link #48
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Y'know, since Brooke's apparently going to have a solo adventure now, I'm kinda hoping that we'll see him make a path from the Sunny to Punk Hazard by freezing the ocean, Aokiji style (which would be really badass ). I mean, maybe his spirit powers will prevent the ice from melting so easily in that blazing-hot temperature.....
Can't he walk on water anyway? I think (and hope) that we'll get some Brook action in the next few chapters
Old 2012-02-17, 23:13   Link #49
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I don't think that's what Kanon is alluding.
More like, Vegapunk continued the research to create warmer climate on PH for his homeland, but the experiment went out of control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
We know one of his goal is to change the climate of his homeland
The thing is, we don't know that one of Vegapunk's goals was/is to change the climate of his homeland. That was never stated anywhere, and that's why I questioned Kanon's assertion of that. Seeing as how Vegapunk was trying to provide a heating system for the people of Balgimoa, I made the correlation between that and the "goal" in question, because I don't see how else Kanon could have come up with such a statement. In any case, this was presumptuous on Kanon's part (but understandably so).
Old 2012-02-18, 08:36   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
The thing is, we don't know that one of Vegapunk's goals was/is to change the climate of his homeland. That was never stated anywhere, and that's why I questioned Kanon's assertion of that. Seeing as how Vegapunk was trying to provide a heating system for the people of Balgimoa, I made the correlation between that and the "goal" in question, because I don't see how else Kanon could have come up with such a statement. In any case, this was presumptuous on Kanon's part (but understandably so).
You're right. The problem is actually that I misremembered what the old man told Franky, I could have sworn he had told him Vegapunk had tried to warm up the climate the island when in reality he specifically told him he was trying to make a heating system, which is indeed not the same thing.

Nevertheless, I still think this theory stands. He might have taken his work into another direction, or it could be that very heating system that went into serious overdrive
Old 2012-02-18, 11:35   Link #51
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouten View Post
Can't he walk on water anyway?

I figured somebody would bring that up, but frankly I figured that the waters near PH would be hot enough to melt bones, which was why I suggested the idea of him freezing the ocean. Well either that, or the harpy lady will discover him and fly him to her "nest" or something crazy like that.
Old 2012-02-19, 02:13   Link #52
Mateus

^
I'm still curious to see if she will turn out to be a Zoan or a lab-experiment
Old 2012-02-19, 07:07   Link #53
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think this island is more likely to be a former test site of Vegapunk. We know one of his goal is to change the climate of his homeland and that there used to be a World Government base on this island. Punk Hazard might have been a winter island that he turned into half a blazing hell after messing up big time.
i tend to agree with this. i'm curious to see what other "experiments" they conducted on that island.
Old 2012-02-19, 15:49   Link #54
Rainbowman

In reviewing the island so far, we know that it reminds us of Hailfire Peaks. Of course with a name like Punk Hazard you'd think we would be dealing with radioactive mutants or gamma radiation itself especially after seeing those grunts in hazmat suits. As for the giant children, the girls are as cute as kittens.

Now I hope I'm not being off topic here but in databook green there were sketches of what the whole Strawhat crew would look like including one additional character with a fishing net. Any idea wether we'd see him on Punk Hazard or any island yet to be explored?
Old 2012-02-19, 21:17   Link #55
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
In reviewing the island so far, we know that it reminds us of Hailfire Peaks. Of course with a name like Punk Hazard you'd think we would be dealing with radioactive mutants or gamma radiation itself especially after seeing those grunts in hazmat suits. As for the giant children, the girls are as cute as kittens.

Now I hope I'm not being off topic here but in databook green there were sketches of what the whole Strawhat crew would look like including one additional character with a fishing net. Any idea wether we'd see him on Punk Hazard or any island yet to be explored?
Just so you know, there is a difference between tabling interesting thoughts to stimulate discussion, and just throwing random bs out as it pops into your head. Most of your posts are somethign to do with Nami/Robin/other female character first, and then you switch to just talking random bs 80% of the time, with the exception being when you're replying to something somebody else already said that made sense, and even then your reply isn't particularly profound anyway.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2012-02-20, 14:01   Link #56
Rainbowman

^Thanks for the defense philip72. Prehaps you could at least answer the second part of my last post here about the Strawhat crew sketch in databook green including the mysterious 10th character.
Old 2012-02-20, 23:16   Link #57
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

snowy mountain near a burning island? so weird. there were funny parts though, especially when they were fixing the samurai's head. LOL those kids are huge. O_o scary..

and damn, no OP this week....AGAIN!! DX DX
Old 2012-02-21, 02:29   Link #58
Mateus

^
I forgot that there is no One Piece this week. Damn it's going to be a long week @_@
Old 2012-02-21, 11:11   Link #59
marvelB

Yep, no chapter this week, I'm afraid. But hey, at least that gives us more time to formulate the usual harebrained theories, yeah?

That being said, allow me to bring up one that isn't so harebrained (IMO): Personally, even if I don't think that the dismembered samurai or his son will become permanent additions to the Straw-Hats, I can at least see them accompanying the crew on a few adventures through a few more NW islands before they finally reach the Wano country, in a parallel to Vivi's temporary membership with the crew. In fact, for all we know, that samurai may have a high status in his country (like a feudal lord/daimyo or shogun or something like that).....
Old 2012-02-21, 11:56   Link #60
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

No Chapter, mo' Theories.
Closed Thread