AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-01, 21:46   Link #41
gaurun

its really sad, to see hody become so called punching bag in this chapter. Hopefully Decken can turn back the situation.

'if Shirahoshi touch the arc, wouldn't it counted as hit?' Well, maybe its work, but again, Decken can repeatly 'throw' noah arc again as long as he's in that arc.

I see the possibility Hody vs Decken in the next chapter. Hody want fishman island as a whole, but now Decken simply doesn't care about it.
Old 2011-09-01, 23:41   Link #42
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingai-san View Post
Also about Shanks. How is he a Yonkou? I've always wondered that. Sure he is hellapowerful, but it appears he is a swordsman. Mihawk is the greatest swordsman in the world. Which means he isn't as strong as Mihawk, he would have the title if he were. There has been said to be a balance between the Shichibukai, Marines, and Yonkou. 7 Shichi, 3 Admirals, and 4 Yonkou. I'll type more later. Busy.
Shanks and Mihawk were rivals until Shanks lost his arm and Mihawk refused to fight him with 1 arm.

I assume Mihawk got the title of the Best Swordsman in the world by challenging the best swordsmen all over the world,while Shanks had no interest in doing so,he's a warrior who chose a sword as his weapon.
Old 2011-09-02, 00:52   Link #43
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Sometimes I get the Impression the author really has problems with sizes. Wasn't this Wadatsumi guy supposed to be much larger?
And Surume also looks rather small in some panels…
i agree with you. I have a problem with doflamingo's height as well. sometimes he appears to be in human-size but another moment he's huge. DXthis happens to others as well. DX

anyway, noah's presence is giving me the chills. DX Robin has the most epic lines ever. XDD

Luffy's CoA was awesome btw. LOL. eat that Hodi. but it looks like Hodi's really not that bad.
Old 2011-09-02, 01:04   Link #44
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
A Yonkou's power is not only based upon himself, but also his crew.

Mihawk has no crew.

And a shichibukai is not necessarily less powerful than a Yonkou anyway. Isn't the YOnkou described as 'the four greatest pirates who rule the New World like Emperors'? There is nothing in the description that states that they are the four most powerful pirates in the world at all. And a shichibukai is arguably not even a pirate.. just a privateer.
Exactly, Shichibukai are Privateers in that they received pardon from WG in exchange for a portion or their loot. the three power seems to be Marine (HQ) v.s Youkou, who are not necessarily friendly with one another despise their influence in NW, while Shikibukai assists Marine Branches in keeping everyone else under control, but they themselves are not necessarily loyal to WG and in most cases don't even care. I mean, Sengoku was shocked when three of six showed up in the meeting after Croc was defeated and arrested.
Old 2011-09-02, 02:23   Link #45
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

sigh, swordsman argument again. Just because some one has a sword or uses a sword to some extent does not make him a swordsman. It would be like some one punching being called a boxer.

Apart from that, strongest swordsman could be referring to the person with the best swordsmanship and not the strongest if they use everything.

That said, I believe Mihawk is as strong as Shanks and could even be stronger. The strength of the emperors refer to both their personal strength and the strength of their personnel/underling/alliances. Shanks could realistically be as "weak" as a random admiral, but still be an emperor if his subordinates are powerful enough or they have powerful enough weapons.
Old 2011-09-02, 05:41   Link #46
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Story flow is exactly what I'm talking about here. Akainu is more of an endgame-type of opponent than anything, so it makes sense that he would be encountered at a later point in the New World. And even if Luffy were to meet him earlier than that, there's no guarantee that they'd have more than a brief scuffle that would act as more of a "preview" of sorts to their final encounter (you'll recall me saying that I still don't believe the current Luffy is strong enough to beat an admiral or Yonkou, despite how much stronger he became during the skip).

And furthermore, remember that Oda originally intended for the series to end in five years' time. The reason it ended up becoming so much longer than he anticipated was because he kept building up lots of major plot points as he went along (the void century, the truth about how the WG was established, the history of discrimination against merpeople, Vegapunk, will of "D", etc.). Even the current storyline revealed new mysteries that will need further elaboration eventually (Joy Boy, Noah, the Van der Decken legacy). And who knows how many more loose ends will be revealed to us once Luffy and co. reach the NW? That's why I wouldn't be surprised at all if it'll take another ten years before Luffy avenges his fallen brother.....
Just the Beginning
How do you know Black Beard won’t be the end game-type opponent? Akainu may be related in the sense that he killed Ace. But you have Black Beard who is the one who brought Ace to the execution Platform. Then you have Kid, Drake, and Law who are Luffy’s competition for the Once Piece. What about the Yonkous? The list goes on. Second you have a lot of powerful players in this game besides Akainu. Oda may have a lot of explaining to do in the story but that as very little to do with whether Akainu will face Luffy tomorrow or ten years from now. To call Akainu the endgame-type of opponent does to me seem too early, especially after Luffy and his crew went against all the admirals already. Granted they lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Now, I could see the Straw-Hats traveling to Mariejoa if that were Hody's initial plan. True, he did reveal that he wanted to invade the Reverie and slay the kings there, but the problem is that he planned to do that after he was successful in his coup and killed the king. As we know, he wasn't, so there's really no reason for Luffy and co. to journey to the holy land at this point. And similar to my earlier reasoning with Akainu, it just plain wouldn't make sense to have the Straw-Hats go to the heart of the WG now when they haven't even reached the NW yet. If anything, Mariejoa is very likely to be the final stage for the series where that last climactic war from Whitebeard's prophecy will take place.......
Everything is game
Mariejois is not off limits. Look at Water 7 example. The Straw Hats went straight from Water 7 to Enies Lobby. Do you think they planned that? You point to Hodi’s plan but he is a fraction of the story. If the Fisherman Island is truly prophesied to be destroyed then King Neptune and the Fisherman may have no choice but to continue on with the Revierie and the great migration plan. Second you have two entrances into New World. Mariejois then you have Fisherman Island. If the Fisherman Island does get destroyed then there leaves only one entrance left. The fact that the Straw Hat are on there way to New World means there could be a possibility Mariejois could be on there destination whether they want to or not. I personally think that Oda will treat the New World little different then the Grand Line story. The Grand Line Story was to build characters up and the One Piece Universe. The New World has to many big players and competitors to be treating it like a stepping stone for the Star hats.

Luffy
Luffy is a pretty strong after his two years time skip. His usesage of Haki has been seen only buy six other people in the One Piece Universe. Shanks, Raylieghs, White Beard and the Admirals. The haki he has is one of the greatest equalizers in the One Piece Universe. I think most people underestimate Luffy's power boost. Lets not forget Drake X and Kid have made names for them selves in the New World. They were both supernovas like Luffy and Zoro two years ago. I think the next time they come up to a powerful player there may be different results and not the ones people are expecting. Finally I have yet to see the Straw Hats to be challenged in the present chapters so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingai-san View Post
I don't think that the Straw Hats would go as far as interrupting the Reverie, because that would damage Fishman interests as well. During the Reverie it can be assumed that some type of agreement will be reached which will allow the FM to live in peace with humans( and on the actual surface.) I doubt Jinbei would like it very much if they were to ruin that. But who knows. They might.
Intention
They may not have the intention but that does not mean it won’t happen. Look at Shirley’s Prophet, who would have thought that Strawhats would destroy the Island. Yet there is possibility for that future.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2011-09-02 at 06:04.
Old 2011-09-02, 11:40   Link #47
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
i agree with you. I have a problem with doflamingo's height as well. sometimes he appears to be in human-size but another moment he's huge. DXthis happens to others as well. DX

Actually, if you've visited the SBS thread, you'd know that ALL of the pre-skip Shichibukai are quite tall. In fact, Dofla in particular is 10 freaking feet tall (he's actually taller than Jinbei, even)! And that's still nothing compared to Kuma and Moria's heights.....

And now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Just the Beginning
How do you know Black Beard won’t be the end game-type opponent? Akainu may be related in the sense that he killed Ace. But you have Black Beard who is the one who brought Ace to the execution Platform. Then you have Kid, Drake, and Law who are Luffy’s competition for the Once Piece. What about the Yonkous? The list goes on. Second you have a lot of powerful players in this game besides Akainu. Oda may have a lot of explaining to do in the story but that as very little to do with whether Akainu will face Luffy tomorrow or ten years from now. To call Akainu the endgame-type of opponent does to me seem too early, especially after Luffy and his crew went against all the admirals already. Granted they lost.

Yes, I also see Blackbeard as an endgame opponent. Just because I said I see Akainu being one as well doesn't mean I see him as being the only one.

And second, for Luffy to have a climactic battle against Akainu so soon after the skip would disrupt the careful sense of progression Oda's been building up for the series. The whole point of the training was so that the crew would be strong enough to tackle the New World, not immediately jump to the level of the big leagues. For Oda to do such a thing would be him making the same mistake that Kishi made by having Naruto suddenly be powerful enough to take on Akatsuki after that series' skip instead of introducing some new, less powerful villains beforehand (y'know, to ease the flow a bit?).

That's why I find it very smart of Oda to introduce the new merman pirates for this storyline instead of having Luffy and co. take on a Buster Call straight away or something nonsensical like that. Give them time to ease into their new abilities against some new, not-too-strong opponents, gain some experience, and in due time, they'll be prepared to take on the bigger fish. Remember, slow and steady wins the race.....

Quote:
Everything is game
Mariejois is not off limits. Look at Water 7 example. The Straw Hats went straight from Water 7 to Enies Lobby. Do you think they planned that? You point to Hodi’s plan but he is a fraction of the story. If the Fisherman Island is truly prophesied to be destroyed then King Neptune and the Fisherman may have no choice but to continue on with the Revierie and the great migration plan. Second you have two entrances into New World. Mariejois then you have Fisherman Island. If the Fisherman Island does get destroyed then there leaves only one entrance left. The fact that the Straw Hat are on there way to New World means there could be a possibility Mariejois could be on there destination whether they want to or not. I personally think that Oda will treat the New World little different then the Grand Line story. The Grand Line Story was to build characters up and the One Piece Universe. The New World has to many big players and competitors to be treating it like a stepping stone for the Star hats.

Enies Lobby was a completely different situation, though. The Straw-Hats journeyed there in order to rescue their companion. The place also wasn't as heavily guarded as Marineford or Impel Down when Ace was captured. Also, don't forget that it wasn't Luffy and co. who ended up destroying the island, but the Buster Call (which was a result of Spandam's incompetence). In fact, the Buster Call would have wiped out the crew and their allies if the dying Merry hadn't arrived in time to rescue them.....

And before you DO bring up Impel Down or Marineford, note that Luffy wasn't exactly successful during those raids. He nearly died after his first encounter against Magellan, and still couldn't beat him during their rematch (it's even doubtful if the current Luffy can beat him now. He may be a lot more resistant to deadly poisons, but we still don't know how well he'd handle Magellan's ultimate move, Hell's Judgement). And Marineford..... I don't think I really need to remind you of how well that went, do I?

Basically, my point is that Luffy invading Mariejoa at this stage would pretty much result in another ID/Marineford. There's zero doubt that the place will be very well-guarded, seeing as it's the homeland of the world nobles and 5 elders. And don't forget that there's also a high risk of Luffy encountering freaking Kong there. Would you really expect him to be able to take on the WG's commander-in-chief, as well (one who was a former FA at that)? C'mon now, let's be realistic here......

In other words, it's directly related to what I said above about the series having a careful sense of progression. Imagine if LOTR had Frodo reach Mordor from the Shire in like 5 chapters. Wouldn't that be anticlimactic? It would basically kill all of the suspense, and..... well, would just be plain bad storytelling, to be honest. There is zero reason to have the Straw-Hats invade the WG's final stronghold now.

Also, don't act like merman island's potential destruction would prevent pirates from taking the underwater route to the NW. We already know that a well-coated ship will make the trip possible. It's also possible to take control of sea monsters to make the journey to the other side faster, as we saw with Caribou's crew and that cow. So even if the island actually does get destroyed, that doesn't exactly limit a pirate crew's options (ESPECIALLY the Straw-Hats, who have Surume and a princess who can summon sea kings on their side). And if the merfolk do lose their homes, why can't they go to an island like Water 7, where they're more likely to be accepted by humans (especially seeing as the island's greatest shipwright was a fish-person himself). I'd bet Iceburg would be more than glad to let Tom's brother live there. In fact, also recall that the city is constantly being rebuilt as a result of the Aqua Laguna, so the merfolk can live in the submerged part of the city. And how do you know that other places the Straw-Hats visited like Alabasta and (the former) Drum kingdom wouldn't accept fish-people, as well? I can see plenty of other options that don't involve the invasion of Mariejoa.

So again, just be patient, and let the story flow at its own pace. There's absolutely no need for Oda to rush straight to the climax so soon after the skip, when there's (literally and figuratively) a whole new world to explore.
Old 2011-09-02, 15:33   Link #48
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^

Progression
Oda and Kishi’s stories to me are different. Kishi when the DBZ route, so pretty much you know how it will go down from here to the end. Opinion wise Kishi failed to tell a good story after the timeskip. But if we were to go with your logic of progression then Kuma should have never appeared in Thriller Bark, Akoiji should have never fought with Straw Hats before Water 7, Mihawk should have never fought with Zoro at Baratie, Luffy should have never gone to Impel Down or Marineford, and the Straw hats should have never met with Kizaru and Sentomaru in Sabaody. Why is it so hard to see Luffy and his crew to run into or face a powerful player in the Fisherman Arch or the next Arch when he has already done it? The question is is how will Luffy and the crew fair or handle the big players now? I don’t see Oda giving Luffy any time to settle with his new power. Because he sure didn’t give time when Luffy was still trying to assemble his crew.

Location Location
Regardless of how Enies Lobby went it was a defeat for the Marines. Akoiji even acknowledged that and Impel Down was still an escape. Marine Ford was Luffy’s biggest failure. It won’t matter where the Fisherman park their new home. Because the Strawhat’s objective is the New World.

I don't think the rematch between Magellen and Luffy will be the same as last time. Luffy has haki now and he can just use haki armor to block it. Shank used it on Akainu so the same should work for Luffy.

Great example
Water 7 is a great example. Straw Hats objective was to save Robbin. Then there was the connection between Water 7 and Enies Lobby and that was the Sea Train. Same with Fisherman Arch, the objective is to get to the New World. There is two entrances to the new World, then you have the great migration and the Reverie. Those are two possible chances to go Mariejoa. It won’t matter who is at Marijoa. At Marine Ford there were the Admirals, Kuma bots, Elite Marines, and the Shichibukai that did not stop luffy from going. With the information so far i personally think it is way to early to call certain places final battle ground.
Old 2011-09-02, 15:54   Link #49
marvelB

^Actually, the DB comparison wouldn't work as well as you'd think. Mainly because Goku and co. also at least trained several years or more between their next big conflicts. Furthermore, Goku never dominated most of his major battles, either. He couldn't beat Raditz, so he sacrificed himself by letting Piccolo kill him. He couldn't beat Vegeta when they first fought, either (it took the combined forces of Gohan, Krillin, and Yajirobe of all people to take that guy down). He couldn't beat Cell, either (and again, was forced to sacrifice himself during that fight). Heck, even beating Majin Buu required gathering the energy of all the people on Earth (and it took Mr. Satan to convince them to lend their strength). It's nothing at all like Naruto or Bleach where it takes a short training session in order to compete with the strongest S-class villains (even the RoSaT in DB didn't guarantee victory against the strongest foes). So my point still stands: Oda's sense of progression is much better handled than Kishi's (and Kubo's, but that's not really a difficult task, either ).
Old 2011-09-02, 18:17   Link #50
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^ Details
Ya but if you look at the overall story it is a rinse and repeat deal. What is suppose to be 5 min worth of fighting turns into about 6 episodes of talking. Eventually you see couple of fist punching, then when they get tired they talk about there plans to get stronger. Once that guy is done then you do it all over with the next guy. I personally never got into dragon ball z. They took forever. I personally think the anime would have been good if they just skip the talking and just fought the whole time. The flashing lights, blood, huge explosions, gory fights, and the annihilation of the earth a 1000 times over would have been good enough for me. I will say this DBZ is one of the most influential anime out there regardless if you hate it or like it. Naruto(after the time skip) and Bleach are like that to. Not the influential part but the rinse and repeat part. I think they may be a little shorter then DBZ when it comes to the fighting and talking.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2011-09-02 at 18:28.
Old 2011-09-02, 20:35   Link #51
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
^ Why do you do this

Ye, why?
Old 2011-09-02, 21:52   Link #52
Undertaker

Quote:
^ Details
Ya but if you look at the overall story it is a rinse and repeat deal. What is suppose to be 5 min worth of fighting turns into about 6 episodes of talking. Eventually you see couple of fist punching, then when they get tired they talk about there plans to get stronger. Once that guy is done then you do it all over with the next guy. I personally never got into dragon ball z. They took forever. I personally think the anime would have been good if they just skip the talking and just fought the whole time. The flashing lights, blood, huge explosions, gory fights, and the annihilation of the earth a 1000 times over would have been good enough for me. I will say this DBZ is one of the most influential anime out there regardless if you hate it or like it. Naruto(after the time skip) and Bleach are like that to. Not the influential part but the rinse and repeat part. I think they may be a little shorter then DBZ when it comes to the fighting and talking.
I'm a huge OP fan but to using DB as comparison isn't very convincing here when Oda himself stated that DB is his favorite manga and he drew inspiration from it and there are more similarities that not.

Really, what you describe is JUMP Shonen Action in a nut shell and OP fit in that mold just as the other two.

Other than the Summit War, the progression is always, get to island => conflict => beat bosses => party than move on, and use your word, rinse-'n-repeat. As for battles conversations, I would dare say that OP has decidedly more in-battle conversation as any manga out there including the flashbacks.

The real deciding point here is that Oda don't draw out the training sessions and let it happen behind the scene and has much better control on the story progression, background setting, and character dialogues that makes each repeating cycle interesting.

I nean, even Kishi wasn't stupid enough have Naruto go after Madara the minute Naruto learned he was behind everything.

Akainu's situation is that OP is sort in a Three Kingdom situation in that SH needs to deal with both evil pirates and Marine. Unless something drastically changed in these past 2 years, right now BB is poised as the top of evil pirates as is Akainu to the Marine. Having Akainu lost to Luffy right now means that Marine is toppled and becomes a non-factor for the rest of story. I just don't think that's gonna happen at this point when the main plot seems to pointing toward a final showdown with Marine/WG over what happened in void century.

It actually seem to me that SH will meet BB first before Akainu event happens since it looks like that you got to go through BB first to get to Raftal and learn of Void Century than you have full scale battle against Marine/WG. And you can have a losing BB siding with Marines again but not vice versa.

While I not ruling out SH meeting Akainu right after this arc (in fact I'm expecting some sort of Marine blockade in NW), but that confrontation will be short ands ends up in SH retreating if not for ability differences it's at least be becuase numerical differences. It'll be something like all Akainu + the other two Admirals + whoever took over Akainu's Admiral position that is just too strong for SH to take full-on. (assuming Akainu is the current Fleet Admiral, or which of the other two that get to be FA)

The only way I can see of Akainu meeting Luffy right away and lost will be that a fourth person over-leaping the three Admirals right now to become Fleet Admiral which makes Akainu dispensable to the plot. But that would be totally wasting Akainu's potential as character and Oda will need to rebuild a character to be as despicable and hated as Akainu again. As much as BB has done, he's not quite at that level of hate and awesome-ness yet. He still has that image of cowardness from his confrontation with WB and Magellen that he need to get rid off (or at least over-shadow to).

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-09-02 at 22:22.
Old 2011-09-02, 23:12   Link #53
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
The only way I can see of Akainu meeting Luffy right away and lost will be that a fourth person over-leaping the three Admirals right now to become Fleet Admiral which makes Akainu dispensable to the plot. But that would be totally wasting Akainu's potential as character and Oda will need to rebuild a character to be as despicable and hated as Akainu again. As much as BB has done, he's not quite at that level of hate and awesome-ness yet. He still has that image of cowardness from his confrontation with WB and Magellen that he need to get rid off (or at least over-shadow to).
i agree. for me akainu is one of the end game opponents so to speak simply because the main antagonist in this story is the world government. oda went out of his way to portray the government as evil, corrupt and unjust. blackbeard is a worthy enough opponent for the straw hats but right now, he's just one of the hurdles that luffy has to overcome to achieve his goal. while the marines, especially akainu, holds an emotional importance to luffy's progression as a character. this is the guy who killed his beloved brother right in front of him. granted that blackbeard was the one who started the whole marineford affair, but it was akainu who took ace's life. he is not just some guy luffy has to overcome, he is the guy that drove luffy at the point of madness that he almost gave up. he's one of the major reasons why luffy trained his ass off because he made him realize how weak he truly was compared to the likes of akainu. so i'm expecting a really emotional fight between the two of them and i expect luffy to go all out. unless oda changes his mind and kills off akainu early to make way for a bigger opponent. but like you said, oda would have to build up this character and make him as hated as akainu, which is unlikely since oda doesn't waste characters. i believe that the last war that the straw hats will have to fight is the one that would destroy the world government.
Old 2011-09-03, 01:55   Link #54
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
^ Details
Why are you comparing the DB anime when every one is obviously talking about the manga and this is a manga thread?
I assure you the DB manga was much better than the anime. The anime was an abomination as you rightly pointed out with all the repeats and over dramatic chats while charging up. I remember the scene of Gohan vs Cell charging up their kamehameha taking like 6 episodes and the ki attack still hadn't come out.
Old 2011-09-03, 03:54   Link #55
DeadBonesDooM

@ Undertaker
I can't see Akainu as fleet admiral. Hes sense of justice is to agressive. I see Aokiji more as a Fleet Admiral, cause he is more like Sengoku & Garp, more laid back and strategic.
Old 2011-09-03, 12:20   Link #56
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
I can't see Akainu as fleet admiral. Hes sense of justice is to agressive. I see Aokiji more as a Fleet Admiral, cause he is more like Sengoku & Garp, more laid back and strategic.
Akainu being appointed as fleet admiral would signal a change in intent/attitude/strategy with the World Government.
Old 2011-09-03, 12:57   Link #57
gaurun

Black beard as End-Game opponent

well I'm half agree with it. I think the Final story will be about void century and the will of D, which hidden by World Goverment. this story will include Luffy, the will of D, Gol D Roger, Marine, WG and Dragon(Revolutionary). the thing about why final part must include Blackbeard is the fact that Blackbeard have D in it. and not because he kill Ace.
Old 2011-09-03, 21:03   Link #58
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBonesDooM View Post
@ Undertaker
Quote:
Akainu being appointed as fleet admiral would signal a change in intent/attitude/strategy with the World Government.

Let's face it, Garp was never Fleet Admiral material, too free spirited and was not a following order type. Of the two from the Roger Era, Sengoku was easily the obvious choice. (though I am curious who were the other two Admirals at time, even though we can assume both to be weaker than Sengoku&Garp as those two was consider to be the strongest for in Marine at time, there have to be at least one other Admiral even if we take Garp's continuous refusal for promotion into account. )

While Aoikiji was recommended by Sengoku, and is the best choice in logically, he is too similar to his mentor Garp that I don't think the Gorosei would promote him. Also as after death of WB and his One Piece remark, the world is now facing the second coming of Pirate Age, not to mention the LV 6 escapees that WG covered up. All this could lead WG taking a much more aggressive stance of zero tolerance and decides to do away to cover ups.

Not only that, in Battle of Summit, Akainu is obviously the most active of three Admirals and vastly overshadows the other two. Even in the end we see him pretty much became the spokesperson of Marine and actual field leader directing the Marine assault despite Sengoku's presence. So it's save to say that after the battle Akainu's stock is much higher than the other two Admirals and might even overtaken Sengoku and Garp as the new symbol of Marine.

Last but not least, if Aoikiji ends up as Fleet Admiral than it's going to be hard for Oda to set up another huge conflict with Marine because like you said, Aoikiji and have a soft spot toward non-criminals even if they are pirates.

Edit: Just checked GREEN Data Book to confirm a few thing. As I thought, while Aoikiji was noted as Fleet Admiral candidate due to Sengoku's recommendation, Akainu was noted to have the most support within the Marines.
Old 2011-09-03, 21:53   Link #59
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
Akainu was noted to have the most support within the Marines.
Does it say that?
Old 2011-09-03, 21:57   Link #60
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Does it say that?
Don't think so...he does however, put the fear of god into the other marines.
Guess fear could be used to gain support......
Closed Thread