Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-23, 21:03   Link #41
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Robin doesn't understand a man's romance, that's all.

Not to mention she might still hold the image of "docking" in her mind.

Which bring me to this, Franky should have a Robin docking and Nami docking in the the Shogun installed the next time he updates the mecha.
Old 2011-11-24, 01:16   Link #42
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

the chapter had me on the edge of my seat LOL. and, it kinda gave me goosebumps when all of them were cheering on luffy to stop the ark XD But my favorite part was when shirahoshi begged for luffy to stop going for Noah. i had a wide grin on my face seeing the Sea kings lift the ark. =)) weaky-hoshi saved the day!!banzai! lol

about Luffy collapsing though, i have this nagging feeling that it has something to do with Ivankov taking 10 years of his remaining life. O_o Perhaps it's starting to foreshadow that luffy might really die somewhere near the end?? Uggh. yeah, shoot me. But i want to believe i'm just talking bullcrap here..

LOL at robin's comment with the robot though. she's just too epic.XDD
Old 2011-11-24, 02:32   Link #43
gaurun

so at the end, Noah not destroyed, and Sea King help to lift up the Ark. no one saw that coming, huh?
I like the scene when strawhat group together after defeat Hody crew. no sweat, no blood even usopp doesn't feel preassure after defeat his enemy. its like they grow strong enough to side by side with whitebeard crew.

and I agree with brook. Nami should just wear miniskirt. ;D
Old 2011-11-24, 04:33   Link #44
raziel16

"what use did that robot even have?"

Good question, considering Franky is the one doing all the damages anyway
Old 2011-11-24, 06:30   Link #45
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
I'm going to say it once more, I said it 10chapters ago. I have a feeling that Noah has something to do with the ancient weapons. The other Plouton is the actual greek name for pluto the god of the underworld. Poseidon the Greek god of the sea. Neptune ( the roman god of the sea) is taking care of a boat named Noah (from Noah's arc). Neptune happens to think it was almost worth trading his country for this boat.

Seems to have a bit too much in common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel16 View Post

It raises Ussop, Chopper and Luffy's Morale and makes Franky feel cool.
Old 2011-11-24, 06:53   Link #46
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel16 View Post

Could be the situation is just not serious enough for him to use the robot's abilities. Though if you remember Franky's powers, a lot of them were pretty dumb and useless anyway; like the "auto-tracking bullets" which were actually him chasing after the enemy...

Maybe his main upgrade (apart from the lasers and stuff) was his stupidity tactics. But at the least, maybe the robot will provide protection?
Old 2011-11-24, 07:30   Link #47
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Hehe, maybe Franky's robot is great at close range - it has a sword on the back, I've noticed, and if it's made of the same metal as Pacifistas, it should be pretty good against... something . Then again, Franky's gadgets aren't always as cool as they seem to be from their name (except for the Radical beam - that was pretty rad ).
Old 2011-11-24, 09:41   Link #48
Homura7

Did you guys notice? Shirahoshi's power work on emotions.

She wished so strongly to help Luffy and the Sea Kings came to his aid. Back then 10 years ago her emotions most likely reflected a strong wish to save her mother, this is why one of the Sea Kings munched that Celestial Dragon guy's ship, and then they left after seeing the human lose consciousness.
Old 2011-11-24, 09:44   Link #49
yakumo-chan

Jinbei or Shirahoshi? who is the next crewmate?
Old 2011-11-24, 09:51   Link #50
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Or maybe there won't be anyone joining the SHs from this arc. I'm actually hoping they'll get a crewmate who's from the NW; they would be very useful for providing the SHs with insight.
Old 2011-11-24, 10:04   Link #51
Homura7

I don't think so. The 9th and 10th crewmates should be joining here. Having your crew completed with rookies that never once have been in the New World makes sense.

My money is on Shira for the 9th position and Megalo for the 10th.

Oh, and now we are here, I say Madam Shirley lied and the one who will destroy the island will be the princess actually. Unintentionally, of course.

It makes sense, her power is the only way an entire island can be destroyed in seconds.
Old 2011-11-24, 11:24   Link #52
gaurun

my opinion still the same, it will be jinbei, the one that will be next crew.
He can leave FI protection to Shirahoshi.
Old 2011-11-24, 13:51   Link #53
DeadBonesDooM

I really hope that 1 spot remains for Sabo (Once SH's meet Dragon in New World)
I think Sabo is alive
If you come saying that im dumb & shit
Let man dream ^^
Old 2011-11-24, 13:58   Link #54
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
LOL at robin's comment with the robot though. she's just too epic.XDD
I LOL'd more at Franky's complaint that Chopper was upstaging his robot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
It raises Ussop, Chopper and Luffy's Morale and makes Franky feel cool.
LOL, Franky is a stats booster...he's become the real bard of the group .
Old 2011-11-24, 14:00   Link #55
Homura7

^

Not rumor but misinterpretation. Oda said once that Luffy would ally himself with a former enemy of he. That former enemy turned out to be Crocodile in Impel Down.
Old 2011-11-24, 15:02   Link #56
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

great chapter. love how oda gives me goosbums as everyone chanting Luffys's name and makes me laugh as Robin commenting on Franky's robot, and how Franky's robot is lokked down on by Chopper.

i don't think Jinbei or Shirahoshi wil join luffy's crew. Jinbei wil most likely join Neptune's Army again. help rebuild and protect the island. as for Shirahoshi, she's a princess of Fishman Island. she'll take on her mothers cause along with her brothers.

though even if it's not Jinbei or Shirahoshi, it would be good for the Straw Hats to have a fishmen as a crewmate.
Old 2011-11-24, 15:42   Link #57
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm probably in the minority here, though personally i don't see why we need a new crewmate just yet, or at all for that matter.
Old 2011-11-24, 16:54   Link #58
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
Jinbei or Shirahoshi? who is the next crewmate?

Shirahoshi joining would be too ridiclous not gonnaaaaa happennn! Kind of doubting that Jinbei is going to end up joining either.. but that'd be pretty cool if he did though

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBonesDooM View Post
I really hope that 1 spot remains for Sabo (Once SH's meet Dragon in New World)
I think Sabo is alive
If you come saying that im dumb & shit
Let man dream ^^

Sabo IS still alive haha. There was that one scene in the anime where it showed Dragon saving him. You don't actually SEE Sabo cause Oda didn't want to make it that obvious, but Sabo is definitely still alive and he's probably working under Dragon. Sabo won't join them though hahah

Quote:
I'm probably in the minority here, though personally i don't see why we need a new crewmate just yet, or at all for that matter.

In reality.. they don't NEED a new crew mate haha. Their crew is basically complete with what they have, but it's just the fans that WANT a new crew mate . Personally I could care less if they got a new one or not because I don't think it would really change the whole outlook of the story and all.
Old 2011-11-24, 17:15   Link #59
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Shirahoshi or Jimbei would offer diversity to the crew (they're of a different species and could save DF users from sinking into the ocean), but I agree with you in that it's not necessary for either of them to join (at least not right now). Certain obligations may even prevent them from joining altogether. In any case, I don't see anyone joining in this arc. No need for Oda to rush the recruitment process seeing as how we're only a little past the halfway point in the story.
Old 2011-11-25, 03:21   Link #60
Undertaker

Seriously, just for the hell of it, I'm hoping Caribou would join, if for no other reason than just keeping an eye on him. Because otherwise, he is adding nothing to the story so far as has been completely waste of space.