AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-07, 10:46   Link #7821
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

I already realized it was another LN but I was wondering which one that is. So it's another LN the Author made, huh?

Say, I wonder what about local myths like, say, Oyashiro-sama of Hinamizawa and the likes? Not to mention Native Gods and such. Their myths are confined to a certain native area so I wonder if they can exist outside of that area. Probably could because otherwise how would the Gods in the past could exist.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 13:33   Link #7822
Chris38

Well, going on a different topic.

Recently I started thinking that ... we might see a youth moment pretty soon (probably during the events of volume 15 and it will probably have some different effects compared to the previous times, when it has been used.)

After all, in volume 14, Godou has experienced quite significant "growth" when it comes to controlling some parts of his authority, and it's quite natural that the other parts of his authority are going to undergo "similar" developments.

Since, in the afterword of volume 14 ,it has been implied that volume 15 is going to contain a quite big battle ... and since, I don't see, Erica or Ena, leaving Godou alone in a fight against another [Campione] or [Heretic God] ... it's quite natural ... to think that there is a possibility that they will need some [Protection].
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 17:56   Link #7823
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post

Recently I started thinking that ... we might see a youth moment pretty soon (probably during the events of volume 15 and it will probably have some different effects compared to the previous times, when it has been used.)

After all, in volume 14, Godou has experienced quite significant "growth" when it comes to controlling some parts of his authority, and it's quite natural that the other parts of his authority are going to undergo "similar" developments.

Since, in the afterword of volume 14 ,it has been implied that volume 15 is going to contain a quite big battle ... and since, I don't see, Erica or Ena, leaving Godou alone in a fight against another [Campione] or [Heretic God] ... it's quite natural ... to think that there is a possibility that they will need some [Protection].
one thing I kind of think would happen in the battle with King Arthur might be some kind of semisuicide overdrive mode. ex: Using the warrior authority to cut apart the restrictions pandora placed on him temporarily. Maybe he'll temporarily age and go to an age where could fully control the abilities or something of the sort. And everyone falls in love with him again XD
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 22:46   Link #7824
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobarta View Post
one thing I kind of think would happen in the battle with King Arthur might be some kind of semisuicide overdrive mode. ex: Using the warrior authority to cut apart the restrictions pandora placed on him temporarily. Maybe he'll temporarily age and go to an age where could fully control the abilities or something of the sort. And everyone falls in love with him again XD
Well, I don't know ... just how something like that would actually remove the restrictions placed on his authority.

After all, the restrictions placed on Godou's power have more to do with his personality, rather then his age ... and personally I don't see Godou's personality changing that much .... after he becomes older.

As Pandora put it, in volume 11:

Quote:
"Godoh's heart is only roused when threatened by true battle. This is probably what limits you from using your authority. Ultimately, a rampaging soul is necessary to hone a god-slayer's power."
... and, I don't see Godou permanently entering a state, similar to his behavior, when he was put under Lancelot's "curse", in volume 10.
Old 2013-07-08, 00:07   Link #7825
anonfr

So, the king of the end is Prometheus through his relation to Hercules right? like, is that obvious to anyone else?
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 00:34   Link #7826
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

^ Doubt it. Strictly speaking, Melqart is even more related to Hercules, being called the prototype of him and all. Not to mention, Prometheus aren't related to the Argonauts at all. And while I do realize he also has connection with Lucifer, I doubt the Author would actually use it (so the condition of present in the whole Eurasia aren't fulfilled).
Old 2013-07-08, 02:23   Link #7827
alviam099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post

It might be conflicts with other god-slayers on that time too, there's another one in Rome if I recall, and there's Doni doing as he pleases, there are too many factor to consider when they're still at the past.

Come to think of it, did the King of the End actually "hunted" the god-slayers?
In Lancelot's flashback, the King of the End was resting apparently after killing the god-slayer in Britain, and the other god-slayers heard the news and so on and so forth and decided to challenge the King of the End, I'd think that's what happened on that era rather than the King of the End actually "hunting".

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 03:04   Link #7828
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post

Come to think of it, did the King of the End actually "hunted" the god-slayers?
In Lancelot's flashback, the King of the End was resting apparently after killing the god-slayer in Britain, and the other god-slayers heard the news and so on and so forth and decided to challenge the King of the End, I'd think that's what happened on that era rather than the King of the End actually "hunting".
The King's of the End mission, judging from the information that we currently have, seems to be to "purge" all the god slayers that are present in the era, when the King of the End "awakens".

I don't think that the method, in which this task is done, matters that much, as long as the "desired" end is achieved.

So, it's certainly possible that the method you mentioned, might have been used, but if it fails ... I think that the King of the End has no choice but to use some other methods to achieve his mission, until 100% of the Campione from the era in which he has been summoned / reawakened are killed.

Taking this into consideration ... it's no wonder that he eventually gotten weary of battle, and "apparently" doesn't want to be reawakened anymore.
Old 2013-07-08, 04:32   Link #7829
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

I guess it's like it doesn't matter if the janitor used vacuum cleaner or broom, what matters is that all the dusts are gone.

Could the next Volume's big battle really be against Artus though? I can somewhat picture Artus awakening then going to kill all the Campiones so Godou tries to escape, with Uldin defending him in the end and giving him his white bow, fulfilling Circe's prophecy. But with the statement that Attila the Hun could possibly be him (well, not exactly), I somehow doubt that we would actually get to even see Artus because otherwise he would kill Uldin thus Attila the Hun wouldn't exist. Unless maybe Godou/Aisha/Doni accidentally woke him up early so the corrective force fixed the damages and ensured Attila's existence regardless?

On that note, among those in history, who do you think are "actually a Campione"? Alexander the Great, Ramesses the Great, and Augustus, the first Roman emperor. Actuly, maybe everyone with the title of "The Great" were Campione?
Old 2013-07-08, 04:59   Link #7830
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
I guess it's like it doesn't matter if the janitor used vacuum cleaner or broom, what matters is that all the dusts are gone.

Could the next Volume's big battle really be against Artus though? I can somewhat picture Artus awakening then going to kill all the Campiones so Godou tries to escape, with Uldin defending him in the end and giving him his white bow, fulfilling Circe's prophecy. But with the statement that Attila the Hun could possibly be him (well, not exactly), I somehow doubt that we would actually get to even see Artus because otherwise he would kill Uldin thus Attila the Hun wouldn't exist. Unless maybe Godou/Aisha/Doni accidentally woke him up early so the corrective force fixed the damages and ensured Attila's existence regardless?

On that note, among those in history, who do you think are "actually a Campione"? Alexander the Great, Ramesses the Great, and Augustus, the first Roman emperor. Actuly, maybe everyone with the title of "The Great" were Campione?
We will need to wait and see ... what kind of battle is going to take place in volume 15, since at the moment, anything is possible.

Personally I wouldn't mind, if The King of The End would make an appearance in volume 15, since it would finally provide us with some concrete information about the god that Godou is going to face in the future ... and maybe, make Godou a little more serious about his job, as a Campione.

As for you're other question, I think that, any person who has achieved quite speculator results in mankind's history, related to war or combat and hasn't died in a "natural way" (in other words, due to age) ... can be considered as a potential Campione.
Old 2013-07-08, 05:09   Link #7831
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

I kind of wish him to appear too and even thinks that there is a possible scenario he could appear. Problem is, the plot has been moving a little too slow. Making Artus appear would really proceed the plot.

And yes, I guess that is true. Someone who left their name in history but didn't die naturally, huh? So, that makes the Three Kingdom Period could possibly be a war between Campiones. Campione Cao Cao...
Old 2013-07-08, 05:24   Link #7832
Chris38

Quote:
I kind of wish him to appear too and even thinks that there is a possible scenario he could appear. Problem is, the plot has been moving a little too slow. Making Artus appear would really proceed the plot.
And why do you think this is a problem

Precisely because the plot has been recently moving slowly, I think that something important and meaningful should occur in the story soon. Otherwise, we would just end up, with some kind of repetition of the events, that occurred in the previous volumes, which would increase the chances of this novel being axed.

I don't want something like that to happen and I think that anyone who actually reads Campione!, would have similar feelings.

It might not be an actual apperance of the King of the End, but I think that something that will move the plot forward is definitely needed.
Old 2013-07-08, 06:13   Link #7833
Zurvan
Divine Monarch

Does anyone remember the epiloque of Volume 12, something about a 'Arrowhead' weapon, the death of Perseus(again?) and a impending battle?

Does anyone know what the Arrowhead is, who it is from and who the Princess of Glass is?
Zurvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 06:30   Link #7834
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post

Does anyone know what the Arrowhead is, who it is from and who the Princess of Glass is?
From what I remembered the Arrowhead is the combined essence of Sun Wukong, Perseus and Lancelot's "divinity".

At the current moment, there is nothing mentioned about what it can be used for, but since it's an object that comes from [Steel Gods], it can probably be used as a weapon or object that will grant it's user some of the divine powers / abilities that a Steel God has.

Or, it can be an object that will forcefully revive a Steel God as long as it's used in a place that is close to the Steel God's "slumber" place.

It's probably something that will be mentioned in the future volumes, after the "resurrected Athena" starts causing trouble...

As for,who the Princess of Glass is ... well, it has been implied in one of the volume's (I can't remember which one, though) that she was a Divine Ancestor, who at some point in time, started living in the Netherworld, most likely due to the King of The End.
Old 2013-07-08, 06:41   Link #7835
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

^ Wasn't she that Divine Ancestor Godou met in the Netherworld in... Volume 5, wasn't it? The one that was also said to be Yuri's ancestor.

By the way, in which volume was Athena mentioned to be resurrected?
Old 2013-07-08, 06:46   Link #7836
Chris38

Quote:
By the way, in which volume was Athena mentioned to be resurrected?
Epilogue of volume 10. The girl that was "created" from the Grail has some striking resemblance to Athena (even, if she has "lost" most of her memories) and in volume 13, there is a scene, where she "sensed" the fact that Godou, with the help of Yuri, created the Haven and Earth sword ... further confirming the fact that it's her...
Old 2013-07-08, 10:20   Link #7837
Algester

perhaps this time Godou will gain Athena's authority properly and not just some black hole sword... all in preparation for a bigger fight well of to this sailing ship, unless she becomes a harem member... unlikely but still her talent is needed by Godou just as she promised and hopefully she's rightfully Godou's
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 10:24   Link #7838
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

^ I'd rather have him and Athena join force again to battle against Artus, as low as the chances are.

Oh yeah, just read the V10 Epilogue but could Excalibur really be in the GEO point though? I really think it should be in either one of the Lagrangian Points or Earth's Trojan Asteroid.
Old 2013-07-08, 10:51   Link #7839
Chris38

Quote:
^ I'd rather have him and Athena join force again to battle against Artus, as low as the chances are.

Oh yeah, just read the V10 Epilogue but could Excalibur really be in the GEO point though? I really think it should be in either one of the Lagrangian Points or Earth's Trojan Asteroid.
I think that place was specifically chosen to lower the chances of the blade (and by extension, it's master), to be found.

After all, it's better to put it at a place, that no one would expect, right ?

Regarding Athena ... well, this matter could be resolved in many ways ... and pretty much all of it, depend on the details surrounding her "resurrection", which is not something that we know at the moment.

After all, remember that the "current Athena" has been "born" from the Holy Grail ... and, while I believe that her situation is a little different compared to the Fake Minos that Guinevere created earlier... we still, don't know any details surrounding her 'current condition".

Although if I have to point out my speculation ... the involvement of the Holy Grail in Athena's "rebirth". is definitely going to complicate the matter of Godou taking any authorities from her, after she is "defeated" ... or some other options regarding her eventful "fate".
Old 2013-07-08, 11:03   Link #7840
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
perhaps this time Godou will gain Athena's authority properly and not just some black hole sword... all in preparation for a bigger fight well of to this sailing ship, unless she becomes a harem member... unlikely but still her talent is needed by Godou just as she promised and hopefully she's rightfully Godou's
That's not possible. Athena was reborn as a Divine Ancestor to serve as Guinivere's replacement in awakening the king of the End. Authorities can only be gained from Heretic Gods.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem