AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-08, 09:40   Link #41
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, that's kind of what I was thinking of as well. And indeed, the big difference is that in Goblin Slayer, the actual main character showed up and started solving real observable problems.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-08, 10:29   Link #42
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
If they lean on the whole "I've nearly died so much I've got a great ability to read attacks" then that could at least be something interesting to do with the guy.

On the other hand...yeah it really is crazy for him to be adventuring. Admittedly I'm not sure on logistics. I guess if you technically qualify as E-rank then you can be sent out on jobs so long as you want to be there. I'm guessing they just are short on bodies. Otherwise any sensible organization would cut off the level to participate at least at D rank if not C. Of course a competent organization should be equipping these people at least to a certain degree. Let the really talented use their money to get themselves the best possible gear. But at least send the lower ranked people in with good equipment so they have a chance to accomplish something.

I'm less sure on why he's actually doing it. He can't be making much if any money doing this considering he can barely survive much less kill anything!
I can only assume that being a Hunter is on paper supposed to pay better than anything, high-risk high-reward type of job, and he needs quick and good money for his family and savings for his little sister...even if it hasn't been paying of yet .
Old 2024-01-09, 18:13   Link #43
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I can only assume that being a Hunter is on paper supposed to pay better than anything, high-risk high-reward type of job, and he needs quick and good money for his family and savings for his little sister...even if it hasn't been paying of yet .
IIRC, it kinda has been paying (sort of). It's just that where a normal hunter would invest in better gear, he buys less than the bare minimum and lives like a pauper so he can use the money for his family.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-12, 23:17   Link #44
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
This kinda felt like the premiere of Goblin Slayer but without any Goblin Slayer to save them.
Well he was scheduled to, but when he learned there wouldn't actually be Goblins there, he lost interest and canceled.
Old 2024-01-13, 14:06   Link #45
Greenish Growth

Ep 2:

I liked how the second episode episode was adapted a lot more than the first.

The smile could have been featured a little more prominently though.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-13, 14:21   Link #46
grecefar

indeed, this chapter was better and faithful, it ended in a good spot too.

looking foward to the next chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-13, 19:10   Link #47
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Was that this heralded "Smile"?

I've seen smiles like that before. It's just anime slasher smile.

I think the show is inoffensive enough that I can just keep watching it with a critical eye, which is fun in its own way.

Every single person in that raid except for Main Character with the Main Character power of not being an idiot, is an idiot.

The leader guy does have the power of being "not a bad dude", but he was mostly useless aside from that.

Love interest is just entirely useless despite the fact that she's allegedly a powerful healer and therefore should actually be very useful. Her one saving grace is not being stupid.

The violence and gore did not make me feel tension at all. I don't think it achieved its intended effect at all. But I guess gore for the sake of gore just doesn't work as well when there isn't a real story to tell with it.

The imouto scenes feel entirely useless. I don't know, maybe it will go somewhere but I don't feel it is, so it just feels like a waste of screen time. Might be redeemed later, might not.

Main Character earned his reward of Main Character powers by.... Already having Main Character powers to begin with.

Like I said, I get enough amusement out of watching this with a critical eye, but all that means is it could do better. It just feels like a basic isekai despite not being an isekai.

Oh, and exploiting the "I have a family trope" not once, but twice. Shame on you, show.
Old 2024-01-13, 19:20   Link #48
Alchemist007
*Author

The advancing titans were attacking.

Now he's mince meat...at least until the video game prompt.

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2024-01-13 at 22:26.
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-14, 00:32   Link #49
Frontier

They definitely doubled down on how screwed they were with the "God" of the room smiling at them so sinister-like, mocking their very presence and efforts .

The OP! A very action-heavy and rocking theme featuring Jinwoo's further adventures and efforts as a Hunter, complete with a glow-up, along with Joohee and all the other people he'll encounter in his quest! Also, his sister's got quite the chest .

Well, so much for that dudes' running speed. I guess it doesn't pay to be an ethology major either. Or a nervous wreck of a girl .

I know this probably isn't the norm for this kind of mission, but jeez, losing an arm and a leg like that .

Joohee is a sweet girl...but she's a nervous wreck when things get really hairy. She's willing to sacrifice her own health to try and help Jinwoo, but she falters at the most important moment, despite her willingness otherwise .

Song was the leader so he does bear some responsibility, yet the group still went along with it and Jinwoo was the tie-breaker. Everyone holds some degree of responsibility for getting them into this mess, not that pointing fingers will really help them here. They're just luckily Song can read the ancient script and Jinwoo can interpret it properly .

Well, to the surprise of probably no one, the father with another kid on the way ends up biting it. He really couldn't have hung his death flags any higher if he tried .

Jinwoo's sister is quite cute and she's there for her mom, and it helps put into perspective WHY Jinwoo is so focused on providing for his family. Though wasn't that classmate of Jinha's at the Hunter Association last episode? Is she trying to be a Hunter too to help Jinha in place of Jinwoo ?

I knew Kim would abandon Jinwoo the way he was talking and how desperate he was...I guess it's no surprise everyone else ended up bailing and leaving poor Jinwoo with his missing leg behind. But even to the bitter end, Jinwoo wanted to save Joohee .

I can't fault Jinwoo's frustration. Even as desperate as he was he still tried to help everyone else, and look where it got him. Alone and holding out against stone statues tearing him apart. Taito Ban poured his heart out into that performance (and apparently it actually lead to him coughing up blood in recording) .

So hypothetically if they'd all stayed in the circle and waited out the flames, would they all have gotten the prompt? But I guess it's just as well that humanity's weakest Tamer gets a second chance of a lifetime .

The ED is very fitting with a moody, ambient, beat featuring Jinwoo trying to break out...whether of his own predicaments, peoples' expectations of him, or his own limits .
Old 2024-01-14, 04:30   Link #50
larethian

Massive improvement in "interestingness". The healer girl might have died with the rest of runaways. I frankly hope she survived. It would be quite baffling if the others got rewarded for running away.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-14, 13:46   Link #51
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Massive improvement in "interestingness". The healer girl might have died with the rest of runaways. I frankly hope she survived. It would be quite baffling if the others got rewarded for running away.
Well, she is in the OP though that could mean different things...
Old 2024-01-15, 06:46   Link #52
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Well... that was a lot of blood. The kid got quite a big torture scene reminiscent of Subaru from Re:zero. Still, putting high school students in the first minutes of the second episodes felt so weird especially since the MC's sister is quite positive (though that could easily be a mask)
Old 2024-01-15, 12:54   Link #53
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Man, good thing that these statues suck at killing when it comes to dealing with the main character . If they were as effective as they were when cutting that one guy in half or blowing away that whole guy's...body then this would have been a very different ending.

Also kind of fitting that it seems like everyone there would have gained a huge power boost if not for some people stupidly running away. I mean yeah, no one actually knew that. But is pretty amusing on some level that these people were safe and had a chance to gain something out of this trauma but selfishness took that away. Ironically the party leader would have been the one to gain (presuming they didn't get more capable at killing when dealing with him) if not for the main girl utterly falling apart in a crisis . Wow. If not for the way this story was going to go she'd be in therapy for the rest of her life. Guy she liked died because she came apart. Yeah she pushed herself really hard from healing...but I'm not sure how much that had to do with it.

Probably for the best things went this way. While the party leader and main girl aren't bad people...I'd have a bad taste in my mouth seeing the others get a power boost from all this. First chance he gets the MC should totally rub it in the other guy's face. Not only did his selfishness get his friend killed, but he lost out on a huge power up by leaving other people to die.
Old 2024-01-15, 13:22   Link #54
Tenzen12

Quote:
Man, good thing that these statues suck at killing when it comes to dealing with the main character . If they were as effective as they were when cutting that one guy in half or blowing away that whole guy's...body then this would have been a very different ending.
Do they though? It was different phase and dead people cannot prove their faith. It make sense for take it easy on remaining trial takers.
Old 2024-01-15, 14:12   Link #55
grecefar

Maybe a reference of Jesus. He needed to suffer, kept alive and spill that much blood to be the choosen one.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-15, 18:20   Link #56
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Subaru died for our sins?
Old 2024-01-15, 23:33   Link #57
Decel

Second ep was definitely a lot better built than the first, hope it stays this way. Pacing felt a tad fast at times.
Old 2024-01-16, 06:51   Link #58
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
I kept thinking of that Black Knight parody from Camelot where the dude kept yelling "This is nothing but a scratch" when losing every limb and still had the guts to challenge the enemy XD
Old 2024-01-16, 17:02   Link #59
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

He was fine, he still had his teeth.
Old 2024-01-18, 07:42   Link #60
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote