Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-05-25, 05:44   Link #281
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
please do tell that i'm not alone
I hope so, because it's totally out of character for the both of them.
Old 2008-05-25, 07:49   Link #282
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Talking

Shiki is so hot. The blood is so red. The sounds is so scary... The animations is so amazing.

I am very impressed.
Old 2008-05-25, 08:56   Link #283
raidragon

i wonder if Shiki is actually interested in sex though....as i remember Mikiya and Shiki never even kissing or holding hands during the novel....
raidragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 13:14   Link #284
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Koichan found something that I didn't think of, but I find really funny.

Spoiler for Space:

I understand what Shiki's actually saying, but it's funny anyways.

Edit: Does Azaka play a larger role in any of the other novels? I'm interested as to what type of characters she and Touko are.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 13:51   Link #285
superzombie23

Wow! This movie had amazing animation; it was definitely worth watching.
superzombie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 14:16   Link #286
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Koichan found something that I didn't think of, but I find really funny.

Spoiler for Space:

I understand what Shiki's actually saying, but it's funny anyways.

Edit: Does Azaka play a larger role in any of the other novels? I'm interested as to what type of characters she and Touko are.
Azaka does play more of a role in the third chapter. Therefore she will have some nice moments in the third movie. I've only read up to chapter 4 (and the inter-chapter). I imagine ufotable may give her more of a role than she has.

Also. They chose a great seiyu for her. She's just I like imagined.

But I do know

Spoiler for things about Azaka....not story elements but just things:

Without spoilers. I'll just say that she cares about her brother.....and yeah she's jealous of Shiki.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 15:57   Link #287
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidragon View Post
i wonder if Shiki is actually interested in sex though....as i remember Mikiya and Shiki never even kissing or holding hands during the novel....
Spoiler for novel:

If you're curious, you can check out the summaries of Kara no Kyokai in Moonlit World.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 20:11   Link #288
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
please do tell that i'm not alone
It's sad being alone.

Spoiler for novel:
Old 2008-05-25, 20:27   Link #289
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It's sad being alone.

Spoiler for novel:

All type-moon Shiki are messup
Old 2008-05-25, 20:47   Link #290
Yaggie

Watching this movie actually made me watch Tsukihime. Animation was great, music is suitable. I think I've played the scene where Shiki jumps and do a slide on the puddle over 20 times now. Looking forward to coming episodes! I'm gonna get my hands on the game now.
Yaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 20:49   Link #291
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

no game, it is a novel
Old 2008-05-26, 06:33   Link #292
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Film 1.

That was interesting. This had its flaws, and again they were the typical ones which relate to Type Moon anime adaptations (I've never played any of the games). The plot was disjointed, and we know basically nothing about the characters. My normal predictions for this type of mystery series is that this will change with future outings... but that hasn't exactly been the case for previous Type Moon adaptations (particularly the infuriatingly frustrating Fate/Stay Night.) I've always previous thought Type Moon adaptations have started strongly, but not had the capacity to follow through, but somehow I get the feeling that it could be different in this case. Maybe I'm foolishly optimistic.

But I thoroughly enjoyed this. The art is incredible, the cinematography likewise, the directing seems to be very polished at this stage and the music... well, how many more superlatives does Kajiura need thrown at her? She's amazing, nuff said. I disagree with Mentar... I was thoroughly enthralled by the philosophical ponderings. I was worried this was going to devolve into case-of-the-month, but the questions and discussions raised by this gave it a bit more substance, and it was commendably insightful with how it approached the suicide question, and the way it tied it into its flight/falling metaphor. And I loved the ice cream scene. That's about the most absorbed I've ever been watching someone watch ice cream. There are very few scenes like that in anime which say so much about a character without actually requiring active dialogue. Scenes like that are very interesting and very poignant.

A movie series... that's interesting in itself. My verdict is that this has potential. Could be interesting, but I'd hope that the latter chapters start dealing with an ongoing storyline or developing the characters, since it could endanger itself of becoming formulaic if it sticks to the episodic case-of-the-month pattern.

Edit: Someone mentioned earlier that each film will have a different director. I'm a little apprehensive about this, since the director of the first film impressed me quite a bit. I could be proven wrong, but this approach lends itself to the "too many cooks" problem, especially if each director has a different vision for this series. I've long been of the opinion that the director is the most important staff member to a project failing or succeeding, since it's the director that gives a project leadership and (duh) direction. Why chop and change every film when a single person would have a better chance of making the whole thing cohesive and seamless?

Last edited by Sorrow-K; 2008-05-26 at 07:17.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 09:04   Link #293
Yaggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
no game, it is a novel
Tsukihime
Old 2008-05-26, 12:19   Link #294
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaggie View Post
Tsukihime
good luck trying to fine that for sale at a REASONABLE price. i think on avg they go for $500usd on yahoo auction japan.
Old 2008-05-26, 12:48   Link #295
Alaya
Counter Force

For anyone who are not familiar with pre-Fate/Stay Night work of Type-Moon, it would be quite difficult to follow the anime.

Quote:
The plot was disjointed, and we know basically nothing about the characters.
Kara no Kyoukai is like a jigsaw puzzle. We have to put it piece by piece to see the whole picture. I think the novel would be even harder to understand, while the scene is not chronological ordered (the scene where Mikiya awakes is written before the scene Shiki kills Kirie, for example). Shiki and Mikiya relationship and character will be explained more clearly in chapter 2, while Shiki's power will be explained in Chapter 4.

But this is a still very good adaptation compare to other Type-Moon's adaptation. The character and plot line still remain intact. The philosophy is delivered quite on the good timing and in the proper place. Most importantly, this anime is very subtle. If you rewatch you can find many thing that you might easily overlook it (for example, there are 8 victims yet 9 people flying because.....).

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 15:45   Link #296
Yaggie

Quote:
good luck trying to fine that for sale at a REASONABLE price. i think on avg they go for $500usd on yahoo auction japan.
Are you serious?!
Old 2008-05-26, 17:24   Link #297
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaggie View Post
Are you serious?!
unfortunately yes, as Tsukhime game is out of print and i believe there is no release. The game with the original box and accessory is now quite a collector item.
Old 2008-05-26, 20:11   Link #298
Yaggie

Quote:
unfortunately yes, as Tsukhime game is out of print and i believe there is no release. The game with the original box and accessory is now quite a collector item.
Well I kinda got the game on my PC now, lol.
Old 2008-05-26, 20:40   Link #299
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

That was high quality anime. I liked the look, the plot moved well, the characters were engaging, the music was great, and the voice-acting was outstanding. So that's how good Sakamoto Maaya is. She and Honda Takako both sounded great and acted well. And Suzumura Kenichi's voice was pleasant and interesting.

No apparent overall director worries me, too. The only name that seems to go through all the episodes is the lead writer.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 22:26   Link #300
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Fortunately, Type-Moon is currently plan to remake Tsukihime. It should come out in next year with new CG, revised and a new route (It isn't sad anymore, Sacchin).

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, type moon