AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-15, 10:18   Link #441
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Are there a lot of Singaporeans playing it online ? >.> I can't seem to see the connection type. Its always blue for me.

edit: Oh yeah I traced that avatar of mine

here's a bigger version

Though I think her smile is a bit messed >.<
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 12:38   Link #442
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I expected this game to be a little more balanced, given the fairly small size of its character roster. It's still a really solid 2D fighting game, though. I'm currently working on Tager and Jin. Concerning Tager, I really think that the developers should have given him a forward dash. He needs more tools to facilitate getting in on his opponent. He's already slow enough as it is, his moves are fairly easy to interrupt, and they don't have the greatest priority either. It's no wonder he's bottom tier. Still though, I enjoy picking characters that have to work hard for their victories, and Tager certainly fits that bill .
Old 2009-07-15, 12:43   Link #443
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Tager is really zoned out by the 3 S tier zoners.

The tier list is almost becoming like Guilty Gear, where characters are tiered according to how they deal with the S rank characters.

At least Potemkin has his super armour dash, Tager's projectile still doesn't save him.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 13:10   Link #444
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Tager is really zoned out by the 3 S tier zoners.

The tier list is almost becoming like Guilty Gear, where characters are tiered according to how they deal with the S rank characters.

At least Potemkin has his super armour dash, Tager's projectile still doesn't save him.
I know. A lot of match-ups are quite the struggle for him. Arakune is especially a nightmare for him. He can use his poison cloud and then sit back and play keep away for the rest of the match while there is nearly nothing Tager can do about it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Arakune's win ratio against Tager is 8/2. That is really bad.
Old 2009-07-15, 13:37   Link #445
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
I really hate how that cloud curses even on block. Looking at the latest tier list I'm not surprised to see that Jin has no bad match ups. Jin and Arakune just happen to be the two characters I have a tough time dealing with.
Old 2009-07-15, 15:05   Link #446
ZeroForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I know. A lot of match-ups are quite the struggle for him. Arakune is especially a nightmare for him. He can use his poison cloud and then sit back and play keep away for the rest of the match while there is nearly nothing Tager can do about it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Arakune's win ratio against Tager is 8/2. That is really bad.
the ratio is more along the lines of arakune's doesn't need to be in the corner to do his corner trap on tager due to his huge hit box. so once arakune tags tager with the curse you get infinitied to death anywhere in the screen.
Old 2009-07-16, 14:54   Link #447
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Does anyone know the timeline & events of BlazBlue?
Old 2009-07-17, 16:36   Link #448
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I just set up my connection today and played a few games online. But because its 5:30 am now in Singapore, I was playing with people overseas and it was crazy lag lol

My Rachel was winning all the way until I met a spamming Arakune and the lag didn't help.

My username is CA-0001, looking forward to playing with Singaporean players.

I'll be sleeping now so I can go watch a Blazblue tournament later in the afternoon. Iluma at 3pm, for Singaporeans interested.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 18:14   Link #449
Raze
The psychotic one...

Send a message via MSN to Raze Send a message via Yahoo to Raze
Arrrgh! Only EB Games has it so I had to pre-order it over there... I tried Best Buy and they had no clue what I was even talking about :/
Raze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 21:01   Link #450
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raze View Post
Arrrgh! Only EB Games has it so I had to pre-order it over there... I tried Best Buy and they had no clue what I was even talking about :/
hey I got mine from best buy
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 22:57   Link #451
Raze
The psychotic one...

Send a message via MSN to Raze Send a message via Yahoo to Raze
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
hey I got mine from best buy
You probably live in the US that's why :/
Raze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 23:35   Link #452
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yeah. I dunno about Raze, but us Canadians have our Best Buys (and their sister store, Futureshop, and their rival, Walmart) only stock up the REALLY popular games. Anything beyond that, you either go to EBgames, or to an independent gaming store like Microplay or Videogamesplus.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 23:41   Link #453
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

You know, with the advent of the Internet, one can always turn to trustworthy online retailers if Brick 'N Mortar fail.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 00:06   Link #454
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I've actually had VERY bad experiences with brick-and-mortar EBgames. The last straw was when they didn't call me for a game (Operation Darkness) I fully paid up front pre-ordered, and so got it 2 weeks after when I called WTF is going on.

As such, I actually do almost all my game shopping on Amazon.ca nowadays (if its really niche, I have to resort to videogamesplus). Free shipping + lower prices + don't have to waste time/gas = win. Granted, they usually take longer, but considering I have a CONSIDERABLE backlog of games, this is only an issue if it's something I want ASAP (take any SMT game for example).

Exceptions of course being if only Gamestop/Rosen Queen offers a unique pre-order bonus (big sucker for that), but between videogamesplus and amazon, I usually have all pre-order bonuses covered.

Blazblue for example, I got online from videogamesplus (reason why I didn't get it as fast as some people here). Sure they didn't have the artbook exclusive from Gamestop, but I don't want it bad enough to pay ~20 bucks extra for shipping + custom charges + currency exchange rate loss.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 15:41   Link #455
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

correct me if I'm dead wrong but is bang shishigami a counterpart of chipp zanuff (from GG series) in this game? i intend on getting game so i'm just checking...
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 17:29   Link #456
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Taokaka has the closest style to Chipp, if you ask me. Bang's actually way slower, unless you Bang Install.

Anyway, finally cleared Score Attack... man, I don't want to deal with Boss Ragna again.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 00:58   Link #457
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Does anyone know the timeline & events of BlazBlue?
It is hard to explain everything as the entire world is in a loop

Spoiler:
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 00:59   Link #458
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornix View Post
I really hate how that cloud curses even on block. Looking at the latest tier list I'm not surprised to see that Jin has no bad match ups. Jin and Arakune just happen to be the two characters I have a tough time dealing with.
Still haven't fought a good Arakune(the only ones i've saw only spam the bugs and try to run...), but with Jin... Well, i have to say i already hate him. When i play with Arakune or Rachel, he's not that bad, but with Tager... I always have to cheer that the player will going to dash against me(thank god, after a while of defending, they usually do. The smart ones keep running from me, hehe).

I only started to play online yesterday, so i'm still in the level 9. Got a couple of good fights though. I fought with Son of heaven, and he kicked my ass... But i wasn't ready yet! I want a rematch!

And i want to see someone using Carl. Already fought against every possible character in the game besides him. I think i'll fight someone using Kokonoe before getting to fight against someone using Carl.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 09:31   Link #459
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I started playing online yesterday myself, though only did a couple matches. The matching system decided to put me at lv 1 against someone at lv 18, I won and jumped all the way to lv 6. The guy was one of the few non-button-mashing Noel players I have seen so far, bet he was pretty surprised to lose to a lv 1 playing as Rachel.

I also watched a bunch of matches for the Voyeur trophy and it seems like everyone plays as Jin or Noel. Didn't see one person playing as Carl or Rachel. Was awesome seeing a really good Tager player come into the room and toss the horrible Jin around like a ragdoll though. Also saw a match between 2 really bad Bang players where they both activated his theme-song mode (don't remember the name) and kept dashing across the screen missing each other, was laughing pretty hard.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 09:40   Link #460
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Also saw a match between 2 really bad Bang players where they both activated his theme-song mode (don't remember the name) and kept dashing across the screen missing each other, was laughing pretty hard.
Sounds awesome, though .

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360