AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-11-18, 19:04   Link #1
KenshinHimura886

Another Question About TPMGenc

I want to convert my .avi files to mpeg-2 so that I can burn it to a DVD to watch on a standalone player. I've seen various guides out there that recommend using TPMGenc. However, when I try opening the file, it says that it's not supported. x__x I have ffdshow installed for the necessary codecs, so I can't figure out what's wrong.

Does anyone know what I can do?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out that the ffdshow pack won't work with it, and when I downloaded + installed the DivX codec, it's now recognizing the files.

I have a question though. I selected the .avi file as both the video and audio source, but when I previewed it, it had no sound. Is that normal? I'm not sure if it's supposed to have sound, or if the preview function is only for testing the aspect ratio.

Last edited by KenshinHimura886; 2004-11-18 at 23:09.
KenshinHimura886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 11:34   Link #2
jimmy_1

Yes it`s normal, and u should turn ofo prewiev for faster converting!
jimmy_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 04:19   Link #3
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to anime_layer
You can use ffdshow with TMPGEnc. Just higher the priority of the DirectShow VFAPI filter in your options, until it is at the top.
To check if you got sound you can open the encoding options and open the "Source Range" filter in the advanced tab (you don't have to select it, a double-click to open it is enough). At the bottom of the preview window that pops up you'll see the audio channel. Skip through the movie and if it stays a straight green line you have an audio problem.
Another way to avoid such troubles is to use AviSynth. You can create script files with it (a simple "AviSource (filename)" sould be enough) and AviSynth will open the avi and output an uncompressed YV12 to TMPGEnc.