AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-17, 17:24   Link #1181
Kazu-kun

I definitely don't like Aladdin interfering so much in human affairs. Mu's right calling him on this. Even if Aladdin doesn't kill anyone else, he's still forcing the humans to abide to his will. I don't like that.

On another note, is it me, or are they hinting that Scheherezade isn't an magi? I mean, she calls Aladdin a real magi. Why would she call him that way if she's a magi too? Unless she isn't a real magi, but a fake one.

Mu also was pretty cryptic when he said that someone showed him the power of a magi before. If it was Scheherezade he would have said so.
Old 2013-02-17, 17:32   Link #1182
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I definitely don't like Aladdin interfering so much in human affairs. Mu's right calling him on this.
Considering whose orders he's acting under? Glass houses.

Quote:
Even if Aladdin doesn't kill anyone else, he's still forcing the humans to abide to his will. I don't like that.
Yeah, and Mu totally didn't bring an army to force people to abide by his will.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 17:42   Link #1183
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
On another note, is it me, or are they hinting that Scheherezade isn't an magi? I mean, she calls Aladdin a real magi. Why would she call him that way if she's a magi too? Unless she isn't a real magi, but a fake one.
Just another thing to add, in that Sindbad story, when he was born, Scheherazade was shown with Mogamett and Gyokuren, who are both strong magicians, but only Yunan seemed to know more than 'someone with great power is born'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That's what humans do, but Aladdin is a magi, they are supposed to guide the world.
If he forced his way, people would just question why they should revere and follow his guidance, if he isn't any better than others.
They'd question if the way he and his king candidates chose will truly lead to a better future.
Old 2013-02-17, 17:55   Link #1184
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Considering whose orders he's acting under? Glass houses.
She isn't fighting.

Quote:
But he's human. Magi are supposed to guide humans (choose the kings, etc), not force their will on them.
Old 2013-02-17, 18:03   Link #1185
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
actually I think she just clearing the doubts of the others two generals that are with her.

I'm guessing Alibaba will appear when kou start attacking
ChampDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 18:27   Link #1186
marvelB

Quote:
But he's human. Magi are supposed to guide humans (choose the kings, etc), not force their will on them.

Yet despite the fact that she isn't directly participating the war, Lolimagi is still the one calling the shots for Reim's side and believes that using excessive violence to settle a conflict can be justified. Sorry, but I'm with Anh_Minh on this one. POT KETTLE BLACK, BITCH.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 18:41   Link #1187
shalala

Quote:

Mu also was pretty cryptic when he said that someone showed him the power of a magi before. If it was Scheherezade he would have said so.
Well so far every one seems to think that Scheherezade is a Magi. As I'm pretty sure that is not her real form but in fact would be around the same height as Yunan. Given the picture shadow we saw when Sinbad was talking about it. I also found that weird that Yunan showed him the magi power but not Scheherezade so I would guess Yunan could have something to do with it when he went to Laem and probably made her temporary magi untill Aladdin was readdy to go outside. Plus Mu didn't say anything to Rohouh when he mentioned her name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
So Mu knows that 3 magis exist, but doesn't know the name of the Kou magi? As the commander of an army he really should at least know the names of priority targets.
Surely Scheherezade would have told him about the other magi's names or at least Yunan could of.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 18:51   Link #1188
reccaryu

Why do you think lolimage said he's a "real magi" in the translation? Does that mean she is fake?
reccaryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 19:25   Link #1189
Xacual

Isn't it possible she's alluding to the fact that Aladdin is different from other Magi in some way. I mean Judal noticed it too but he focused on the fact that he shouldn't be around as he appears to be a 4th Magi, and it's possible that Schezerade knows a lot more but I bet Yunan knows the most. I really want him and Aladdin to meet.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 19:50   Link #1190
alluka

Well, Sinbad said in a previous chapter that there isn't a direct proof that Sherazade is a magi, but since she helped many dungeon capturers & built an empire over 200 years, people assumed she was one. So it's very probable that she might be a fake.

And I wonder how did she live all those years? Did she use some magic? or was there really a magi Sher 200 years ago and this one dying created clones of her (or just descendants?) to protect the image of her country? Wait, where's the king of Reim anyway?

Spoiler for creepy faces:
Old 2013-02-17, 20:04   Link #1191
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Aladdin = Middle Eastern's Kira Yamato.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 20:26   Link #1192
XFire
150% done

I'm sorry, but it's a little ridiculous to assume that Aladdin can't have any interests of his own because he's a Magi. Sher is leading an Empire on an invasion, Judal is an Ax-crazy murderer who loves war, and the other one just randomly opens dungeons where-ever he wants. I think Aladdin is pretty damn justified in what he's doing right now.
Old 2013-02-17, 20:51   Link #1193
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I'm sorry, but it's a little ridiculous to assume that Aladdin can't have any interests of his own because he's a Magi. Sher is leading an Empire on an invasion, Judal is an Ax-crazy murderer who loves war, and the other one just randomly opens dungeons where-ever he wants. I think Aladdin is pretty damn justified in what he's doing right now.
Judal is obviously betraying his call as a magi, and Scheherezade might not even be a magi for all we know. Aladdin is directly intervening with human affairs, and Mu, Scheherezade and even Mogamette himself knew it was improper of him as a magi.

The only other genuine magi we know about is Yunan, and we know he's not involving himself with humans aside for making dungeons appear from time to time, which is part of their role as magi.

Magi are supposed to guide the humans, choose kings etc. They aren't meant to go forcing the world to their liking.
Old 2013-02-17, 21:33   Link #1194
Raviel

^Assuming all the magi shown are indeed magi, I think all of them have betrayed their calling in some way or form.

1. Scher doesn't really need much explanation, just look at this war they're fighting, Titus was basically an excuse to for Reim/Laem to conquer Magnostadt so that they could have an advantage over Kou.

2. Judal, an active magi for Al Sarmen.

3. Yunan, I can't really say much yet since we don't know much about him but he doesn't really guide the world or choose king candidates from what little we know. I don't really consider randomly raising/lowering dungeons around the world "guiding".

That said, ultimately it's easy to forget that despite being magi they are still people and in Aladdin's case (being a good person by nature) he simply couldn't stand by anymore and let the war continue.

P.S.: Is it just me or did more "cracks" appear on Aladdin's face at the end of the chapter? I wonder if he's having a magoi overload or something.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 21:40   Link #1195
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Judal is obviously betraying his call as a magi, and Scheherezade might not even be a magi for all we know. Aladdin is directly intervening with human affairs, and Mu, Scheherezade and even Mogamette himself knew it was improper of him as a magi.

The only other genuine magi we know about is Yunan, and we know he's not involving himself with humans aside for making dungeons appear from time to time, which is part of their role as magi.

Magi are supposed to guide the humans, choose kings etc. They aren't meant to go forcing the world to their liking.
Name one Magi that's "guiding" humanity without direct interference. Sher made herself king/ruler, Judal is a sociopath, Yunan is responsible for most if not all of the dungeons, and therefore the dungeon conquerors. And I hardly call it "forcing himself on humanity" when he's protecting his friends from invaders.
Old 2013-02-17, 21:42   Link #1196
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Name one Magi that's "guiding" humanity without direct interference. Sher made herself king/ruler, Judal is a sociopath, Yunan is responsible for most if not all of the dungeons, and therefore the dungeon conquerors. And I hardly call it "forcing himself on humanity" when he's protecting his friends from invaders.
Actually Yunan is the only one doing things properly...kinda. He raises dungeons and sees conquerors come out, if he doesn't have a king yet, maybe it's because he hasn't found one yet. But he's basically doing what Magi are supposed to do, raise dungeons and find king candidates.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 21:44   Link #1197
Raviel

That's the problem here, I think, not one of magi we've been shown can truly be said to be "guiding" humanity.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 22:26   Link #1198
ellifeedn
Thinker

I guess guiding humanity is more of a... guideline than a rule.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 00:00   Link #1199
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by reccaryu View Post
Why do you think lolimage said he's a "real magi" in the translation? Does that mean she is fake?
Probably just her expressing surprise that Aladdin is indeed a magi. It's entirely possible she's never met one or both of Yunan and Judal. Either way there's never supposed to be three Magi, all of which are technically accounted for and so there shouldn't be a fourth popping up on the battlefield.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 00:08   Link #1200
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
I think, not one of magi we've been shown can truly be said to be "guiding" humanity.
Aladdin was doing a pretty good job until the Harry Potter arc. He had found his king candidate and was helping him become a good king. That's what guiding humanity means, since the ones who have to make the decisions in the human realm are the kings, not the magi. The magi are just meant to teach and guide the kings.

Certainly the magi shouldn't fight human wars, since it goes against the reason Solomon created them to begin with. Aladdin himself knows he's fucking up, and that's why he tries to amend himself by saying he won't kill anyone. Of course, whether he kills anyone or not won't matter if he ends up forcing the humans to comply with him anyway.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see what he's got up his sleeve.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen