AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-04, 07:38   Link #781
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

FFFFFF---
The netplay is still not stable @_@ can't play much with my friend without many dc.

Old 2011-01-04, 07:54   Link #782
Pikumin

Just to make sure, the DirectX that is needed to play this game is version 9, right(I still have the black screen problem)? Because any later version won't work on my Windows XP laptop.
Old 2011-01-04, 07:57   Link #783
Vylen
Apprentice Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikumin View Post
Just to make sure, the DirectX that is needed to play this game is version 9, right(I still have the black screen problem)? Because any later version won't work on my Windows XP laptop.
Yes, 9.

Reinstalled both DirectX and your graphics drivers? What is your graphics card anyway?
Old 2011-01-04, 08:17   Link #784
m0h

If someone still has some old ps2 controllers, here is a tip.

In ps3 pads, it seems that the analog sticks are the primary direction input , and the "digital directions cross" is secondary.

In ps2 pads, it's the opposite.

Using a Ps2->Ps3 converter, i managed to connect the ps2 pad to Pc, where it gets recognized as "Generic USB gamepad".

In Ougon, i can play using the Cross Directions.. where, for instance, Assassin's Creed 2 still gets its fully functional analog sticks.

As would Beato say: IT'S PARUFEKUTO!!!!
Old 2011-01-04, 08:46   Link #785
Byakurenai

I want to play this game with my friend but it seems there are no controls for player 2
Could somebody tell how can i set controls for 2 players?
Old 2011-01-04, 08:56   Link #786
Pikumin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vylen View Post
Yes, 9.

Reinstalled both DirectX and your graphics drivers? What is your graphics card anyway?
Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller
Memory: 64MB
32 Bit

Is this good enough to run the game?
Old 2011-01-04, 09:01   Link #787
Vylen
Apprentice Sorcerer

No, unfortunately. You're running an integrated graphics chip with shared video memory. The readme file says that such a setup isn't supported.

[EDIT] I think you just don't have enough video memory. And Intel IGC's have never been the best...

Last edited by Vylen; 2011-01-04 at 09:21.
Old 2011-01-04, 09:09   Link #788
Sir Andy Richter
Wuh?

Actually...I take it back.

My Laptop has integrated graphics (Radeon HD 3200) and I'm running Ougon.....flawlessly. I'm shocked. Stunned. It's a pretty good "graphics chipset"...for being integrated that is, but it's nowhere's NEAR the minimum of a 4650.

I'm gonna guess the sys reqs are way over generous, because I first thought any fighting game requiring a i5 and a 4750 minimum was eyebrow raising, anyway
Old 2011-01-04, 09:25   Link #789
Vylen
Apprentice Sorcerer

The minimum in the readme is a actually a 3650... not like it matters too much, a Radeon Mobility 3200 is still less than capable compared to a 3650, heh.

And the CPU reqs aren't extravagant..
intel Core2Duo / Core2Quad
intel Core i3 / i5 / i7

Well, pretty much any CPU made in the past 4 years Much better than "requiring" a graphics card from within the past 2 years.
Old 2011-01-04, 10:27   Link #790
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0h View Post

In ps3 pads, it seems that the analog sticks are the primary direction input , and the "digital directions cross" is secondary.

Using a Ps2->Ps3 converter, i managed to connect the ps2 pad to Pc, where it gets recognized as "Generic USB gamepad".

In Ougon, i can play using the Cross Directions.. where, for instance, Assassin's Creed 2 still gets its fully functional analog sticks.

has any info surfaced on playing witha ps1 pad ? the directional controls are not detected by umineko and allthe keyboard emulators I have tried faila s well, I guess it's time to seel them and upgrade to a pc gamepad or something.
Old 2011-01-04, 11:52   Link #791
Rena Ryuuguu
Hinamizawas Cleaver Girl

Send a message via MSN to Rena Ryuuguu
i so love that fighting game, but i have no idea how to get along with the controls i never can use any combo skill like meta or something like that cause no matter what I type nothing does it , any suggestions how i can use the controlS?
Old 2011-01-04, 12:28   Link #792
CrimsonMoonMist

The game will show the name of your gamepad on the bootup menu, click on it to configure the controls. http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1070/47275147.png
While you can play the game on a keyboard, it is not recommended and you can't change the keyboard controls unless you get a keyboard fix from somewhere in this thread. For more indebth information visit the mizuumi wiki http://umineko.mizuumi.net/wiki/Main_Page and use this numpad pic to help yourself understand what's written http://images.brighthub.com/B9/9/B99...422C_large.jpg
Old 2011-01-04, 12:37   Link #793
Worldend Dominator
Territory Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi_1337 View Post
Does this work for you?

Oh, wow! That's pretty cool. It makes me wonder if there are attack files in there aswell. Although, if there were, then someone would've made a patch to put her in the game by now. I wonder if I can mod the music files for different levels. I'd love to have liberatedliberater and the executioner in game. *goes to try*

Edit: It does work. All you have to do is replace the .wma file of the music file of the level you want to replace and voila, it'll work. I've got Liberatedliberater playing in the Witches Tea Party room :3

Last edited by Worldend Dominator; 2011-01-04 at 12:49.
Old 2011-01-04, 12:41   Link #794
CrimsonMoonMist

I think there'll be at the very least two weeks until we get more characters patched in
and, let's say... three months at most.
I'm personally hoping for more modes in the future.
Old 2011-01-04, 12:43   Link #795
Kairi_Jenn
Female Plot Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0h View Post

So, if you have a PS2 controller and you buy something like this, then you can play Ougon with the PS2 controller?
Old 2011-01-04, 12:54   Link #796
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi_Jenn View Post
So, if you have a PS2 controller and you buy something like this, then you can play Ougon with the PS2 controller?
Yes, and it works pretty well. All the buttons are recognized, unlike the SF4 gamepad I tried.

Oh, but you do need to have the "analog" button on for the D-pad to register input, for some reason.
Old 2011-01-04, 12:58   Link #797
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi_1337 View Post
Does this work for you?

So she was cut from the final game and there's no hope of her being in it as it currently stands?

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2011-01-04, 13:10   Link #798
CrimsonMoonMist

Sorta, she was found by forcing the game to highlight the upper row middle coffin,
hence, if there was no plans to put her back in, wouldn't they remove her slot instead of just leaving it empty?
Old 2011-01-04, 13:17   Link #799
Sir Andy Richter
Wuh?

They'll obviously add her in.

I mean.

It's Bern.
Old 2011-01-04, 13:44   Link #800
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
>Vylen
>Yopee

I did update DirectX to the most recent version and that's before I posted. Took a look at the readme and while it does say it supports ATI Radeon, it doesn't seem to support 2400 PRO. I'm going to try the drivers and if those don't work, looks like I got some shopping to do.
Closed Thread