AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-02, 15:37   Link #481
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

As bloody and OMG action packed as it was. The pruning of characters left and right seemed quite anticlimactic when weighed down by the time in character development that went into them. Madoka seemed the only one who got her decent share, but that's probably because she's been getting it for a while now.

One thing that bothered me a lot about the hole slaughter scene was how all of them were in the battle chamber. Did it not occur to anyone "gee, maybe Vera wants to kill us all?", or at least realize something particularly shitty was gonna happen. I mean, what "good" reason would anyone have to call you to a windowless room with one steel reinforced door as the only means of entrance and exit: "Hi, can you come to the electric chair cell with me. I just want to discuss hygiene, it won't take more then 5 minutes."

And while I don't want to agree with Vera, and Rud had a point, the hole "we are the traditionalists" thing did seem a little hypocritical since long before Vera called Rud on it and threw in the contrast with herself. Though I didn't expect Rud to just go all out and kill himself for f*ck sake. I thought his character was actually conscious of the nonsense that was coming out of his mouth. And, he was only using it as a facade for the hole Anechelis revenge. But guess not. And to think recent chapters even made him look a little more thoughtful then a martyr.

Speaking of weird logic. I'm not quite sure on the structure of the organization anymore. So as I understand it Firedragon is the director and sort of the (current) owner of Reunion and Vera was there because... Yuri wanted it? who is basically the president of Reunion. For a "one man inheritance" martial arts organization they sure are damn rich and consist a great numbers of people. People who supposedly supported it, even though they were gone? and disagreed with it. Uh..

BTW, what happened to the other friendly old geezers from a few chapters back? Chicken out on their friend did they...

Well anyway, Liquid Shark is awesome. Lets hope they don't kill her off.. *crosses-fingers*

@ Xion Valkyrie, I'm glad I wasn't alone on that
Old 2010-09-02, 16:38   Link #482
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I can understand how Vera's reputation must be crashing all the way to hell at the moment but I really hope there is a redeeming reason behind this sacrifice and one that is actually convincing. I still like her and hope she doesn't end up being a cannon fodder at being "evil" for a petty reason...
Vera has a perfectly good reason for what she's doing: she's protecting the traditional martial arts. Now, whether you consider that a good enough reason or not, that's another story...
Old 2010-09-02, 16:52   Link #483
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

THe whole thing with Vera killing everyone feels extremely left field IMO.
Old 2010-09-02, 17:12   Link #484
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
Vera has a perfectly good reason for what she's doing: she's protecting the traditional martial arts. Now, whether you consider that a good enough reason or not, that's another story...
I don't think she actually cares about traditional martial arts as much as going against Yuri and her father. Since Yuri and her father wanted to build Reunion and combine all martial arts, she has to go and resurrect the traditional martial arts scene and destroy Reunion.

Remember she said that she could have just continued to be president and eventually the student council would be strong enough to challenge everyone else, but that path was forced upon her by Yuri, and not something she wanted for herself.
Old 2010-09-02, 17:16   Link #485
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Thats actually quite true. But there are various and alot of methods to "protect the traditional martial arts". She just decided to do it the wrong way.
Old 2010-09-02, 17:45   Link #486
Johnny
Working the bags...

I wonder if Vera had some ulterior motive for Gang from the start. She's the one that refused him from getting any artificial ki when he first came to the school. I don't see her doing anything just to be nice, and I doubt it's some lingering LT thing as well...
Old 2010-09-02, 18:20   Link #487
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I don't think she actually cares about traditional martial arts as much as going against Yuri and her father. Since Yuri and her father wanted to build Reunion and combine all martial arts, she has to go and resurrect the traditional martial arts scene and destroy Reunion.
why she wants to protect traditional arts doesn't matter, what matters is that she wants to

Quote:
Thats actually quite true. But there are various and alot of methods to "protect the traditional martial arts". She just decided to do it the wrong way.
No, there weren't. That's why she agreed to that plan. And that's why all the other elders decided to sacrifice their own pupils. This was the only sure, safe way to regain traditional arts and protect them
Old 2010-09-20, 12:04   Link #488
hehey

and part 1 ends here: http://www.helz0ne-scans.com/reader/Veritas/81_End
lol at end (is fire Dragon dead?), hope for part 2.
Old 2010-09-20, 12:47   Link #489
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Oh man Gang is really just too much of a bad ass mofo.
I loved how he showed up like that, all sorts of epicness going on here.
Which makes this really kinda bittersweet, as it's the end of part 1 and we may not get a part 2

This series for me has been just awesome, Gang has gotta be one of my favorite leads I've seen in quite some time. He has a great entertainment factor which makes him great.
The twists in this series have been pretty good, espeically the last one, I mean don't think anyone would have guessed Vera killing everyone would have happenend.
Gotta love the action and art regardless, it's simply great.
This is probably my 2nd favorite manhwa after ID.

I'm still bummed that Madoka was killed but still we got Shinra and Vera. Yea sure Vera may be a bitch and a evil one at that, she still smoking hawt

Oh and we got a nice Vera panty flash!
Old 2010-09-20, 14:03   Link #490
Xion Valkyrie

Lightning Flash = Skill that makes panty flashes.
Old 2010-09-20, 15:26   Link #491
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Well, that's that. I LOVED the fact that Gang released Yuri's seal and went after Vera all at once(thank gosh). Somehow, that was just so f***ing epic and GAR, words can't describe how I was feeling. It's kinda ironic that in the end, the 'current' disciple of EoTL is once again going against the 'current' head of Heaven's Riches, almost as if they were repeating what their previous 'successors' did. I'm still kinda wondering what reason Gang left to fight Vera. Well, I guess by draining much(if not all) of the EoTL power from Yuri, the only suitable competition(that is an enemy) he would have is Vera (>.>).

One thing I also loved, and was kinda surprised about was Vera's expressions. They were just so vivid and full of... emotion, which is unusual for her, so it was enjoyable knowing that Gang was able to bring those out of her. Particularly when she was asking about the phone, and the last panel when their attacks collide. The last one looked as if they were going to love fighting each other to the death =03.

All and all, a wonderful series. It kinda sucks that everyone in the school was killed, including two awesome chars(Madoka/Hyumni) but it all came to an awesome, climatic end. I really hope there is a part 2 someday, I would LOVE to see the results of that last battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo-chin View Post
I'm still bummed that Madoka was killed but still we got Shinra and Vera. Yea sure Vera may be a bitch and a evil one at that, she still smoking hawt
And don't forget we have Yuri now . That little finger-to-lips thing at the end had a very Madoka-ish flair to it =03. Thinking about it now, it must be hard as hell drawing Vera's hair like that, looks pretty amazing.
Old 2010-09-20, 15:58   Link #492
Johnny
Working the bags...

The author's notes at the end isn't all that comforting that we'll be seeing the start of part two anytime soon. Or maybe it's just me and I'm looking at the wrong way...
Old 2010-09-20, 16:53   Link #493
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Its sad to see it go, or the first half at least. I'm a little down on the continuity potential. The ending was epic yes, but when you think what would happen after I get this image of boring chapter upon chapter of dialog and moving around. Inevitable new characters at this stage in development would likely be questionable or cliche or simply powerless.

Oh well, I have faith the author can pull something off, given the chance. There's always the retcon button.
Old 2010-09-20, 18:52   Link #494
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Great series and a good end to part 1. Hope there is news regarding part 2 in the future since I really like the series. I wonder will Gang go against Yuri or not. Since Yuri will try to gather Gang's friends later. Lighting Tiger went against Yuri so maybe Gang will.
Old 2010-09-21, 02:05   Link #495
janipani

Makes me wonder.. who are the bad guys?

Veritas II ASAP, please.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2010-09-21, 05:46   Link #496
giorno

there are no "bad guys"....pick a side, and the others will be the "bad guys" i guess

also, there probably won't be a part 2....
Old 2010-09-21, 09:01   Link #497
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Quote:
there are no "bad guys"....pick a side, and the others will be the "bad guys" i guess

also, there probably won't be a part 2....
THERE WILL BE AND YOU KNOW IT!!!

Then again, I am still waiting on Ubel Blatt and new Berserk chapters...
Old 2010-09-22, 14:30   Link #498
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Part 1 is over. I can't wait for the 2nd part. This manhwa is one of my favorites.
Old 2011-04-18, 13:27   Link #499
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Any word on PT 2?
Old 2011-04-18, 21:03   Link #500
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Any word on PT 2?
I'm guessing the series wasn't very popular and it's discontinued. By now everyone has forgotten it for The Breaker.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, martial arts, shounen, supernatural