Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2005-12-24, 15:08   Link #1
orz

SUNRISE was announced "Seed 3rd season" on comic gum 2006/feb

hi everyone. This may be good news.

I don't know that this information is right. if this infomation is true,
I'm so glad. I'm hope that this infomation is true.

this blog reported that sunrise was announced about
"Gundam seed 3rd season" on comic gum 2006/feb (its sold yesterday. )

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20051223

サンライズ「ガンダムSEED」3作目にゴーサイン。
コミックガム2月号の『アニメ、ちょっちイイ話、イタイ話』より。
元々オリジナル物を売りにしていたのが、最近の原作モノばかりでは
本末転倒なので、やはりオリジナル物でという事になったらしい。 
追記. コラム筆者は響恭香氏です。

trancelation.
---------------------------------------------------
sunsise order [gundam seed] 3rd.
source by column "anime about litlle pain & fine "
GUNDAM SEED team took originality seriously . however Destiny staff
use too many idea from zeta and other gundam series.
Seed 3rd team took originality seriously again like as 1st SEED.

ps: Column editor is hibiki kyoka.
---------------------------------------------------
(hibiki kyoka is famous for being detailed to Gundam stuff team.)

I trust this blog's editor & hibiki.

anyways, Probably, subsequent report comes soon.
if this infomation is fake then I'm sorry !(iwi)/
orz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 15:11   Link #2
quattro ninja
Spacenoid

As long as Fukada doesn't touch it I'm happy.
quattro ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 15:11   Link #3
edkwon
Banned

I hope its just some fanboy generated rumor and not true. The CE universe storyline needs a rest, unless they're willing to do a completely different style story in the CE universe, or throw it well into the future timeline (something at least 10-20 years after the events of Seed/Destiny, enough to give it some detachment from the original series.

Ed
edkwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 15:27   Link #4
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkwon
I hope its just some fanboy generated rumor and not true. The CE universe storyline needs a rest, unless they're willing to do a completely different style story in the CE universe, or throw it well into the future timeline (something at least 10-20 years after the events of Seed/Destiny, enough to give it some detachment from the original series.

Ed
[FANBOY MODE ON]
As long there is Kira I'm happy! Kira is the best with the Strike Freedom! They kick evreyone's asses!!! Kira forever... he's the god of pilots, Shinn and Athrun sucks and yadda yadda...
[FANBOY MODE OFF]
(For retarded people the usual advice: I'm kidding!)
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 15:28   Link #5
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso
[FANBOY MODE ON]
As long there is Kira I'm happy! Kira is the best with the Strike Freedom! They kick evreyone's asses!!! Kira forever... he's the god of pilots, Shinn and Athrun sucks and yadda yadda...
[FANBOY MODE OFF]
(For retarded people the usual advice: I'm kidding!)
You fail so hard.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 15:36   Link #6
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
You fail so hard.
I couldn't care less about your opinion.
If you don't like just ignore it.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 15:40   Link #7
tetsuo69

well like ive said ... if theres a 3rd C.E series with out a doubt fukuda will have something to do with it
tetsuo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 15:45   Link #8
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
I hope he does. I still think he's the best director Gundam TV shows have had in terms of skill, he just needs to get rid of bad influences like Morosawa, whom I hope does NOT return for the third series.

And I know people have debated the prospects of it, but I really hope the next series has a female protagonist. It would be a great way to make the main character really distinct and break away from the "Amuro clones" we've gotten over the years. Shinn, unfortunately, proved that trying to make a male character "distinct" isn't going to be well-received.

That and it needs to be a good 8-10 years after Destiny and incorporate as few older characters as possible. Maybe have Luna and Shinn have a minor role at certain points of the series, or possibly give some attention to previously undeveloped characters like Arthur.
Pepperidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 15:52   Link #9
tetsuo69

i wouldnt like the main character to be a female..
to many female maincharacters now on days on Anime series
tetsuo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 15:59   Link #10
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

How about if Lunamaria was the next seasons main character? I think that could be interesting, I like her personality and I feel she has several aspects that could make her really interesting as a main character.

Personally for me it doesn´t matter too much. If it´s an interesting character then it´s an interesting character.
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 16:02   Link #11
IMSabbel

You know, the last time i looked, every 2nd person around was female...

But you are right, the typical gundam otaku is very likely to be seriously disturbed by a female main character, so it wont happen...
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 16:04   Link #12
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

They should do a full Astray and not let Fukuda or any of the original CE animators near it. Infact, they should get the artists and writers from the comics, and then get a good director. Most importantly, don't let Kira in at all(okay, so mabey the scene where Lowe rescues him, but that's it).
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 16:05   Link #13
Rever129

I really hope the 3rd season will put a focus on the Junk Techs and mercenaries, rather than the EA, ZAFT, or ORB. In other words, Seed 3 should fashion itself around the Astray series. Maybe have the main character--which I hope is a natural--be a Junk Tech or part of a mercenary group ( i.e. Serpent Tail). I think it would be very interest if, for instance, we see the main character and his/her cohorts doing various jobs for the EA and ZAFT throughout the series.
Rever129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 16:07   Link #14
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Yeah, that's what I forgot to mention - main character needs to be Natural.
Old 2005-12-24, 16:16   Link #15
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

LOWE! GEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAR!

He's a natural, he has no side(other then the Junk Techs), he has cohorts, and, most of all, he has the RED FLIPPIN' FRAME!

Realisticly, if any Junk Guild/Mercanary SEED were to be made, it would feature Lowe/Gai/Lowe and Gai, mainly because they are the only Junk Techs that would have Gundams(but you never know in the CE universe.... Every 16 year-old kid with brown hair and altered genes these days has a gundam), so that would make for good sales, not to mention that they wouldn't have to make new model kits, because not everyone knows too much about the Astrays. All they'd need to do to cash in on some model kits is make all those MSVs, and a Regenerate.
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 16:23   Link #16
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperidge
I hope he does. I still think he's the best director Gundam TV shows have had in terms of skill...
*shakes-head*
I have nothing against the statement, it just how can someone type this without explaning this...In terms of skill Fukuda is the best ever Gundam director?? What in Zeus' name does that mean?? That's a question I'm incapable of answering...

Furthermore don't anyone get there hopes up that SEED3 will be so far in the future it won't include any of the original characters...Your fooling yourselves...Fukuda and Bandai will never forsake their breadwinner "The light" Yamato...It will never happen, expect this next series to focus on all the same players...well ofcourse Shinn will most likley not be included, but no surprise there (Talia's son will probably take his place)...It's gonna take a Rhodes Scholar to make a 3rd installment believable after Destiny, but I'll be excited like I am for every G-series...It would be nice if they take there time and release this thing in 07 atleast, with the UC-ish series first, but who knows, maybe that was a smoke-screen the whole time...Sure seems that way now...
Old 2005-12-24, 16:27   Link #17
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
one reaction *drool*

i was hoping for this SO much, now with GSD ovr i am like.. I NED MORE ! GIVE ME MORE!

then come to the conclusion that ife only seen episode 1-10 of Gundam Seed... i might burn those first i still have them somewhere >.>;

ife nver read comics of any Gundam Serie, only several volumes of Astray are avaliable in this country and the volumes of Gundam Seed, does any1 know how many volums Gundam Seed has?

only then can i be sure of that they hav released everything of the series, so i can wait patiently for GSD to be comiced and releasd here in the small country of cheese and wooden shoes..
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 16:27   Link #18
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperidge
I hope he does. I still think he's the best director Gundam TV shows have had in terms of skill, he just needs to get rid of bad influences like Morosawa, whom I hope does NOT return for the third series.
Funny. Though I don't remember any other Gundam TV directors being the types to allow someone to work on something even though they are incompetent at fulfilling deadlines.
Quote:
And I know people have debated the prospects of it, but I really hope the next series has a female protagonist. It would be a great way to make the main character really distinct and break away from the "Amuro clones" we've gotten over the years. Shinn, unfortunately, proved that trying to make a male character "distinct" isn't going to be well-received.
Amuro clones? I couldn't exactly say that any of the past main characters really fits being like Amuro. Have you actually seen MSG? Anyway, I doubt there will be a female main character in the next gundam series.
Quote:
That and it needs to be a good 8-10 years after Destiny and incorporate as few older characters as possible. Maybe have Luna and Shinn have a minor role at certain points of the series, or possibly give some attention to previously undeveloped characters like Arthur.
Agreed. And no Fukuda. I'm sorry but it's clear that even he himself admits that what he did with Destiny wasn't exactly stellar, unless we are speaking of the character when it comes to her mindset.

It would be nice having characters that aren't apart of Orb, the EA, or ZAFT. Especially when it comes to Orb cause it is still basically a small island nation that shouldn't matter so much. And a stop to mech rehashes would be nice. And monoeye MS that actually kick ass rather than just being grunt suits that get pwned.

But it's only wishful thinking with Fukuda involved.

Last edited by neodrag38; 2005-12-25 at 22:28.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 16:29   Link #19
Headspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattro ninja
As long as Fukada doesn't touch it I'm happy.

Concidering this is true, as long as Fukada apoligizes and realizes his many mistakes I won't have a problem and something tells me he will otherwise he knows what will rain down on him
Headspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 16:30   Link #20
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Honestly, I can't think of any Gundam directors that offered bits as well timed and choreographed as Miriallia trying to kill Dearka, Athrun's encounter with Lacus in SEED episode 36, or the fall of Junius 7 in episode 7 of Destiny. Yes, Tomino is more ambitious, devoted to his work, and a far better visionary than Fukuda, and Fukuda clearly caves into pressure very easily (and is obviously less inspirational when this does happen), but in terms of pure directional ability, you can't possibly claim that he isn't damn good at what he does.

As long as he takes safety measures like distancing the third series from the first two and avoiding rehashed mobile suits, I'm sure he would try to avoid the mistakes that were made in Destiny.