5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.47%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-14, 13:04   Link #61
vharxin

Am I the only one who actually like the new OP? The animation and scenes is much cooler than the 1st opening, and for the song, as much as it's inferior to the 1st (which is fully acceptable as it's probably one of the greatest OP music in anime ever), I didn't find it bad at all. It got the victorious feels in it (which fits as the humans has just took their first victory from titans) and the lyrics are quite powerful. The full song is even cooler compared to Guren no Yumiya's full.

The episode was very well done. There had been a few times I just want to punch Eren in the face throughout the anime, and finally Levi is the one who delivers the job Mikasa's face is just priceless
vharxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 13:10   Link #62
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salva View Post
On the other hand I wanted to murder Levi. I'm pretty much sharing Mikasa's thoughts and "warm" feelings for him. I hate the guy, I don't know how much of their previous encounter in prison was act (for me, actually nothing of it but I'm terrible judge of character so I may be mistaken) but all he did (yes, I know, he did it to save his butt) angered me a lot... No. I hate him.
With the pacing, there is probably zero chance we're going to see romantic relationships develop by the end of this anime, but in my mind, I totally see Mikasa and Levi getting it on. He's the first person she's shown any strong emotion towards beyond Erin, and I think that type of passion would make a Levi x Mikasa pairing very exciting.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 13:20   Link #63
Salva
Princess since baptism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
With the pacing, there is probably zero chance we're going to see romantic relationships develop by the end of this anime, but in my mind, I totally see Mikasa and Levi getting it on. He's the first person she's shown any strong emotion towards beyond Erin, and I think that type of passion would make a Levi x Mikasa pairing very exciting.
Damn, but you're right... That would be amazing couple. She could throw Levi off his tracks, she's also badass enough not to let him threaten her. Hyhy, I wanna see it...
Old 2013-07-14, 14:33   Link #64
darklegends8

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Yeah, I jumped a bit when Hanji did that. lol.

As for the OP, people need to give it a chance. Though I think the full version of the song is much better. But they can only put so much of it in the OP.

The full version, for those who haven't heard it:
http://youtu.be/LsSnswKoRPA
I think the second one is better overall, but only marginally, and only because the second one's visuals are much better to me while the music in the first one is better than the second one.

Quote:
If anything other than Mikasa x Eren happens for those two this series just goes out the window for me. Well I guess I'm okay with Eren x Annie, but I don't see that happening.
Old 2013-07-14, 15:22   Link #65
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
I doubt anyone would fall for the person who puts a foot into his/her brother's face.
Old 2013-07-14, 15:48   Link #66
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!

Send a message via AIM to JShaggy Send a message via Yahoo to JShaggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I doubt anyone would fall for the person who puts a foot into his/her brother's face.
Especially not Mikasa, who has a brother complex (even though they aren't related by blood).

Is it just me, or does anyone find Hanji Zoe to be scary sometimes (after watching the second OP)?

JShaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 15:51   Link #67
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Hanji can be scarier than the titans when she's having her nerdgasms over...titans...
The scene where she first met Eren is proof enough.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 17:12   Link #68
Flolan

That was better episode than i expected. Seeing the new opening and ending makes me very happy too. Personally i liked both of them, especially the ending. Seeing titan eren and mikasa fighting together was so cool. I also liked the new opening song, it grows on ya if you see it several times, i swear!

About the episode... so it seems like Eren has finally joined the survey corps and gets to leave the city gates! Isnt that exciting?! We will also meet all these new people from the survey corps, we have already met few of them. Like Levi... he is a bit of an ass isnt he? I seriously cringed when he was beating Eren... it just seemed so painful. And he was going all out too wasnt he. I wonder if he will regret doing that, by the look on Mikasa's face she will get her revenge sooner or later... lol.

The court scene was intense.. though i was surprised by the lack of order. People were just shouting on top of each other. The judge should keep it more civilicized.

What else... Hanji is awesome as always. She kinda looks like Sasha doesnt she. And the sniffing guy, Mike... lol! They really are a bunch of weirdoes.
Flolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 17:26   Link #69
darklegends8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flolan View Post
That was better episode than i expected. Seeing the new opening and ending makes me very happy too. Personally i liked both of them, especially the ending. Seeing titan eren and mikasa fighting together was so cool. I also liked the new opening song, it grows on ya if you see it several times, i swear!

About the episode... so it seems like Eren has finally joined the survey corps and gets to leave the city gates! Isnt that exciting?! We will also meet all these new people from the survey corps, we have already met few of them. Like Levi... he is a bit of an ass isnt he? I seriously cringed when he was beating Eren... it just seemed so painful. And he was going all out too wasnt he. I wonder if he will regret doing that, by the look on Mikasa's face she will get her revenge sooner or later... lol.

The court scene was intense.. though i was surprised by the lack of order. People were just shouting on top of each other. The judge should keep it more civilicized.

What else... Hanji is awesome as always. She kinda looks like Sasha doesnt she. And the sniffing guy, Mike... lol! They really are a bunch of weirdoes.
The judge doesn't have a gavel, of course there's no order
Old 2013-07-14, 17:28   Link #70
shalala

I very much like the ep 14. The politics side of the 3 walls where very interesting. I can understand where MP/traders/church people where coming from. Seeing how there lives are all pieceful so to them having Eren died would mean one less titan. Still how would killing him be of any use seeing how I don't think opening him up would be of any use as nothing in his body could have changed and the effects of it could only be shown when he is in titan form. Sooo surely having him alive would be of far more use and also surely the fact that he closed one of the gates would give him more support. Even if he did go out of control. That beating that Lavi gave him was quite over the top and weirdly it didn't break his nose or face etc I guess that could be explain the regen he has. Soo would this mean his regen only works when he is human and not in titan form? Hanji Zoe is just jokkkes. I thought she would have kissed Eren.

Why didn't the RC stop the trader from nearly firing that Eren or the Judge him self? I gut Levi came to the resuce but if Eren was shot and died then it would not have ended soo well.

Mikasa face shots where funnnny. Still why wasn't the other people from squad 104 present at the count? As they also witness Eren fight in his titan form as well as in the titan it self.

As for the new OP I didn't really like it. I found it too spoilery even if I have not read the manga. Sadly I did peek in the wikia and saw one big spoiler T__T a few weeks ago. Sooo I see the oping as spoilery.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 19:08   Link #71
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salva View Post
I liked this episode SO MUCH. It was really intense, and after it I found myself unable to watch anything else. I love the tension. It strongly reminds me why i loved Code Geass (first season at least). I also liked the trial. It was GOOD. I am a little bit put off by peoples stupidity but since all of them are actually on the verge of panic it doesn't seem that strange.

I LOVED Pixis again in this ep. Oh boy, I really wish we could see him more. The guy's amazing. The blonde commander got to me as well. As Pixis said, there's more to him than meets the eye. His voice is also very nice. I'd trust him in an instant.

On the other hand I wanted to murder Levi. I'm pretty much sharing Mikasa's thoughts and "warm" feelings for him. I hate the guy, I don't know how much of their previous encounter in prison was act (for me, actually nothing of it but I'm terrible judge of character so I may be mistaken) but all he did (yes, I know, he did it to save his butt) angered me a lot... No. I hate him. Although I laughed a little at Eren's reaction when Levi sat beside him. Usually Eren seems so defiant when it comes to authority (at least that's what I unconsciously felt all this time), it was a nice change to see him genuinely scared of someone (not titans).
Mikasa aggravates me mostly but her glares were hilarious in this episode. I was also shocked Armin actually managed to stop her. It is a pity he did... I'd like to see Levi and Mikasa fight. Which reminds me of one thought that struck me again in this episode which I usually forget about. They're still kids. Quite powerless when it comes to power struggles.
he was not scared
Levi (corporal in the Scouting Legion)= most person he respect and it his dream to become like him
so talking to him in person = auto respect mode
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 19:13   Link #72
Harangue
The Little Monster

I like this Smith guy. No BS, gets straight to the point of the matter and sees what their priorities should be.

Of course religious leaders are holding back human progress, what a shocker there.

Quote:
What strong feelings? Strong feelings of hatred and loathing? I have no clue whatsoever of what you're referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Levi had a fairly practical, if very violent, plan.
It was Smith's plan, actually. At the end, he thanks Eren for the pain he endured but told him that it was the push he needed to convince the court. Levi was just the one to execute it, after all, can't have the main leader taking the bad rap for being a violent sociopath.
Harangue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 20:23   Link #73
chikkychappy

Quote:
He's the first person she's shown any strong emotion towards beyond Erin, and I think that type of passion would make a Levi x Mikasa pairing very exciting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
If anything other than Mikasa x Eren happens for those two this series just goes out the window for me. Well I guess I'm okay with Eren x Annie, but I don't see that happening.

What about JeanxMikasa? I ship those two so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harangue View Post
I like this Smith guy. No BS, gets straight to the point of the matter and sees what their priorities should be.
Yep yep, fav char =D
chikkychappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 02:43   Link #74
darklegends8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkychappy View Post
What about JeanxMikasa? I ship those two so hard.

Yep yep, fav char =D
GOD no. I like Jean as a character, and I think he's interesting in terms of some character development, but I want him to stay the hell away from Mikasa. No, I don't ship anyone for Mikasa besides Eren.
Old 2013-07-15, 06:36   Link #75
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Hanji can be scarier than the titans when she's having her nerdgasms over...titans...
The scene where she first met Eren is proof enough.
Hanji is pretty much in the madness place when it comes to Titans.

Eren is OHH SHINY! to her.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 07:39   Link #76
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharxin View Post
Am I the only one who actually like the new OP? The animation and scenes is much cooler than the 1st opening, and for the song, as much as it's inferior to the 1st (which is fully acceptable as it's probably one of the greatest OP music in anime ever), I didn't find it bad at all. It got the victorious feels in it (which fits as the humans has just took their first victory from titans) and the lyrics are quite powerful. The full song is even cooler compared to Guren no Yumiya's full.

The episode was very well done. There had been a few times I just want to punch Eren in the face throughout the anime, and finally Levi is the one who delivers the job Mikasa's face is just priceless
I like the OP a lot more than the first one. Dat female titan
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 08:59   Link #77
mixordia

Quote:
You're not alone... ship couples isn't prohibited, even if it is impossible

I ship these two since I saw that scene in manga, by the way this scene in manga is much better... Levi stop what he as saying to look at her

Spoiler for Levi x Mikasa:
mixordia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 11:54   Link #78
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Eren is one lead character that certainly has to go through a lot of hellish situations.

Nonetheless, that court scene was dramatic and intense, and a highly engaging watch for that reason.

I can't help but wonder, though, if this makes any sort of happy (or even bittersweet) ending even possible for Eren. Suppose the Titan menace is one day thwarted once and for all. Even so, the desire to have Eren tested and dissected may well still be there.

I like the new OP... in a vacuum. But I see where Anh_Minh is coming from. It feels awfully triumphant given what Eren is currently going through. But oh well, maybe future episodes will leave the OP feeling fitting.
Old 2013-07-15, 14:57   Link #79
takai
Easy Muffin

A decent way to start the second half of the season. I still found this episode boring and bland.

Opening theme seemed very lackluster compared to the first. The ending however, was much better than the boring first one.

Hopefully Eren benefits from joining the Recon Corps. 6.5/10
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 14:58   Link #80
Sasukeuzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixordia View Post
You're not alone... ship couples isn't prohibited, even if it is impossible

I ship these two since I saw that scene in manga, by the way this scene in manga is much better... Levi stop what he as saying to look at her

Spoiler for Levi x Mikasa:
LOOOOL that makes me laugh so much. Not that I think it's stupid, it's just really interesting.
But I'm glad the pace is starting to get faster. I actually thought that the court scene would go to the next episode before I started episode 14.
Sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote