AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 78 48.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 27.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 8.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.24%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.86%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.62%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.62%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.86%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-23, 12:55   Link #41
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

serious question

what happen to Taiga's ponytail
Old 2012-06-23, 13:04   Link #42
Nerroth
NePoi!

It was just a little touch, but I liked how the skies opened up just a fraction in Saber's Camlann-world just as Shirou and Kiritsugu had that last talk.
Old 2012-06-23, 13:05   Link #43
Broskander

I liked this ending. I think it delivered. I'm glad they didn't just write off Lancelot/Kariya in the previous episode.

Few things:

1 I liked the symbolism behind Saber watching the light as Kiritsugu does upon hearing Shirou's statement about becoming a hero.
2. Kirei is an evil mother ****** and I love him. The scene where he gives Rin the dagger is cruel, cold and calculating. Just like I'd expect from Fate Stay/Unlimited Blade Works Kirei.
3. Really sad about Aoi. Kariya was living a nightmare from the very beginning so it was expected, but watching Aoi's state caught me by surprise.
4. Speaking of surprises...I'm glad to learn I'm not the only one who was surprised by Gil's naked appearance. I liked how Gil explained Kirei's resurrection.
5. Poor Kiritsugu. Kind of sad how Saber and Kerry were broken in this episode. I guess that wss their similarity.
6. Loved the Taiga cameo and how it set things up for Fate Stay/HF/UBW
7. Sakura's look and delivery was really scary when she said the line about her grandfather. I really hope it is a sign of Ufotable going to make HF.

Its a shame this anime had to end, but all good things come to an end. Ufotable delivered.

Last edited by Broskander; 2012-06-23 at 13:33.
Broskander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 13:06   Link #44
Nayim

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-23, 13:16   Link #45
nfsac

what is uftable? did they annouce the new project?
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 13:27   Link #46
LunarMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
what is uftable? did they annouce the new project?
Ufotable is the company that animated Fate/Zero, and no, they didn't announce a new project, though there were rumors prior to the final episode's airing that they were going to announce a Heaven's Feel adaption. The announcement turned out to just be about the DVD release.
To await an anime for the VN Muv-Luv,
Lunar.Moon.
Downloading from Hulu at the speed of light,
To remain within the bounds of copyrights!
http://myanimelist.net/profile/LunarMoon
LunarMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 13:30   Link #47
Kouvley

Kotomine you sick sick man, he could barely contain his laughter as he gave the dagger to Rin......and it was awesome to watch.

Overall a pretty good episode to wrap things up, scenes jumped about a bit and like the previous ep some things were probably cut due to time constraints but I dont really mind, it gives me a good reason to marathon the whole show again when the blu rays come out.
Kouvley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 13:51   Link #48
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Madoka View Post
Basically, Alucard taking over Father Anderson's duties. That "AMEN" really got to me.
..not to mention all the throwing of the Black Keys.

In any case, I have a feeling they still cut a lot of things from the dialogue between and Lancelot and Arturia. Perhaps... you may never know? I mean, 4 animation directors for the previous episode... 0_0.

..but man, I was expecting some sort of message at the end... like "To be continued in... Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel." O_O!!!

Oh well, still, this show provided good entertainment, something that would be worthy of Gilgamesh. (Well, the BD release, that is...)

NOW UFOTABLE, ANNOUNCE A HEAVEN'S FEEL ANIME!!!
Animenewsnetwork says that there is still 1may mpre episode next week. Its still possible
Old 2012-06-23, 13:51   Link #49
Yuutsu

And, thus, the son inherits the father's dreams....
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 13:54   Link #50
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Wow. What an ending.

Sakura.......did she kill Kariya?! Please tell me he just dropped dead in front of her and she didn't actually kill him herself! But from her words, it sounded like she did.........and for that bastard Zouken, no less!

Okay, something's off here. Maybe my memory's off, but wasn't Gilgamesh still a servant in Fate/Stay Night and needed to eat people (thus devouring their mana) in order to maintain his form? Yet here, they say he was reincarnated and "regained his flesh."

*cough* So........Kariya didn't kill Aoi after all, eh? Clearly he wasn't as pycho-ed out as even I believe. If he'd really lost it, she really would be dead. Though also clearly, she's not very well off.....

Geez, Kirei's poker face is pretty impressive. Handed the Azoth dagger to Rin and talked about Tokiomi, holding back his grin just enough. That sadistic bastard.

I agree it was a good idea to bring over Lancelot's final words to this episode and use them in that scene with Saber.

All-in-all, a nice conclusion to this great series. I do wish they could have brought in Shiro's VA from FSN to do his voice in that last scene for nostalgia's sake, but meh.
Old 2012-06-23, 14:14   Link #51
Goddess Madoka
Goddess

Which reminds me, can anyone confirm the existence of an Episode 26?

Last edited by Goddess Madoka; 2012-06-24 at 01:52.
Goddess Madoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 14:17   Link #52
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Madoka View Post
Which reminds me, can anyone confirm the existence of an episode 26?
this is 26, ep 1 was 1 & 2.
Old 2012-06-23, 14:18   Link #53
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
this is 26, ep 1 was 1 & 2.
ANN says that there is an episode 26 airing next week.
Old 2012-06-23, 14:28   Link #54
Broskander

I have a question...what did Saber mean when she said "How could he have known me from three orders alone?" ? I suppose she is talking about Kiritsugu...but what exactly did he know about her and what do the orders have to do with it? I guess it is related to episode 16...should watch it again.
Old 2012-06-23, 14:30   Link #55
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
ANN says that there is an episode 26 airing next week.
they are wrong, the ending for 25 is the last scene in the novel.
Old 2012-06-23, 14:45   Link #56
whatbob1
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broskander View Post
I have a question...what did Saber mean when she said "How could he have known me from three orders alone?" ? I suppose she is talking about Kiritsugu...but what exactly did he know about her and what do the orders have to do with it? I guess it is related to episode 16...should watch it again.
Seems to be a translation error. In the novel, that sentence was:

"how was she to understand this man who had not crossed paths with her beyond having given her three orders? She had once been unable to understand even the hearts of those at her side."
whatbob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 14:47   Link #57
LunarMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broskander View Post
I'm pretty sure that was mistranslation on NicoNico's part. In the novel, Saber thought about how she couldn't have known Kiritsugu from speaking to him three times. She had assumed that he of all people would desire The Grail, but his destruction of it hit her with the supposed fact that she never understood him. I'd imagine that the correct line would read as more along the lines of:

"How could I have known him from three orders alone, when I didn't even understand my own knights?"
To await an anime for the VN Muv-Luv,
Lunar.Moon.
Downloading from Hulu at the speed of light,
To remain within the bounds of copyrights!
http://myanimelist.net/profile/LunarMoon
LunarMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 14:57   Link #58
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
It was just a little touch, but I liked how the skies opened up just a fraction in Saber's Camlann-world just as Shirou and Kiritsugu had that last talk.
I believe that was the cue that the next Holy Grail war is about to start. Saber is pretty much trapped in that last second of her demise upon the hill of corpses from the her last battle. Time pretty much stops there for her because thats when she pledged to the World to become a Heroic Spirit who would fight for the world if she is given the Grail as compensation. Hence when the light shines down and she looks up, its time for the next war
Old 2012-06-23, 14:57   Link #59
Broskander

Thanks for clearing that up. I assumed something was wrong with the translation, but I haven't read the VN so it was hard to tell. That makes much more sense.
Old 2012-06-23, 15:01   Link #60
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Wow. What an ending.

Sakura.......did she kill Kariya?! Please tell me he just dropped dead in front of her and she didn't actually kill him herself! But from her words, it sounded like she did.........and for that bastard Zouken, no less!

Okay, something's off here. Maybe my memory's off, but wasn't Gilgamesh still a servant in Fate/Stay Night and needed to eat people (thus devouring their mana) in order to maintain his form? Yet here, they say he was reincarnated and "regained his flesh."

*cough* So........Kariya didn't kill Aoi after all, eh? Clearly he wasn't as pycho-ed out as even I believe. If he'd really lost it, she really would be dead. Though also clearly, she's not very well off.....

Geez, Kirei's poker face is pretty impressive. Handed the Azoth dagger to Rin and talked about Tokiomi, holding back his grin just enough. That sadistic bastard.

I agree it was a good idea to bring over Lancelot's final words to this episode and use them in that scene with Saber.

All-in-all, a nice conclusion to this great series. I do wish they could have brought in Shiro's VA from FSN to do his voice in that last scene for nostalgia's sake, but meh.
Sakura didnt kill her, he pretty much finally died just as he made it to her. And she's so brainwashed to the point where she says, "see you died because you disobeyed grandfather, you fool"

Gil needed to consume prana in order to maintain his power

Aoi is suffering from being oxygen deprivation, shock, and getting throttled.