AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-09-18, 07:10   Link #221
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Man, in times like this you wish you had a sibling or a friend to play with you.
Old 2008-09-18, 07:32   Link #222
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
The non-elemental attacks might not be as powerful, though, which would be the major drawback to using that strategy.
Meteor Swam.

My team was of Yuri, Estelle, Rita, and someone else for the first playthrough. On the second one, it became Yuri, Raven, Karol, and usually Repede for all boss fights. (Which is majority of the fights, since that's a speedrun.)

Raven and Karol's instant cast healing artes with no cast delay > Estelle, sadly.
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 09:42   Link #223
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
What's been everybody's favorite group setup so far? I'm about half-way through the game and I rather like the Yuri, Rita, Estelle, Judith combo. Judith is substituted sometimes, but I usually keep a Yuri, Rita, Estelle core. Gotta have that melee dps, nukes, and healing.
First time I played I went for Yuri, Estelle, Rita and Judith. Second time I went for Yuri, Estelle, Rita and Raven for a change, and I enjoyed both of them. The latter time I was playing on hard mode where the enemies only really targetted Yuri anyway, so I was controlling him in the centre of battle while the other 3 ended on standing the other side of the map spamming Holy Rain, Tempest and Meteor Swarm. It's quite a sight to behold when all 3 get activated all at once.

I never had any problems with Estelle's AI either, because to be honest I just set her and Rita to '[Spell] Artes only'. Had to disable automatic item usage after a while though, the amount of orange gumis Rita was going through near the beginning of the game was ridiculous
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 14:13   Link #224
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Rita's Meteor Swarm + Estelle's Holy Rain = Everything dies unless it resists Light

Holy Rain spam made the Arena laughably easy for Estelle as well.
Old 2008-09-18, 15:47   Link #225
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
I used the girls a lot because I liked the end skits they had. But there was some good ones with Raven and Judith, too. In my next playthrough I'm going to mix it up a lot more often.
Captain Yoruichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 16:18   Link #226
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
I'm thinking of using Judith the next go around with Raven, Estelle, and Rita. I wonder how much Raven's stats get boosted with Chivalry when you have 3 females haha.
Old 2008-09-18, 19:00   Link #227
problemedchild
ô_ô

Meteor Storm spam makes this laughably easy. Nothing like beating the final boss with full HP and MP on three other characters.

Anyone here bother to grade farm with Rita? Going into a new game + with over 17k grade :>
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 19:18   Link #228
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

I only grade farmed with enough grades to get what I wanted (which only required about 6k grades) before I start bonus dungeon.

...Ended up with an extra 3k by now, and I'm only about half way done with it. (B> 7 Imitation Galds.)
Old 2008-09-18, 19:27   Link #229
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
I only grade farmed with enough grades to get what I wanted (which only required about 6k grades) before I start bonus dungeon.

...Ended up with an extra 3k by now, and I'm only about half way done with it. (B> 7 Imitation Galds.)
Hehe, there's a really nice guide on the EX dungeon floating about, maps out all the boss fights and how to get it.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/...394&pid=945075
Old 2008-09-18, 19:32   Link #230
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

I use this for it, which is pretty good too. All they lacked was the amount of chests in each field. (I need another lucky round of getting 4 Galds in one run. ;_; )
Old 2008-09-18, 22:57   Link #231
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
Meteor Storm spam makes this laughably easy. Nothing like beating the final boss with full HP and MP on three other characters.

Anyone here bother to grade farm with Rita? Going into a new game + with over 17k grade :>
I got up to around 5k. I stop then because it gets so tedious and boring But it's enough for me to get 10x EXP and all the other things I need.

Starting my New Game+ for the THIRD time now... I went back to my old file, got a bit more GRADE and got to net all the Skits. Then I went to play it again (After playing my New Game+ up to getting Rita) and got her Seeker title so... Now I want to start over again. /sigh

Think I'll Grade farm up 1,000 more so I can just carry over all my skills though so I can just use weapons I like... Like Yuri's Second Star.
Old 2008-09-19, 03:26   Link #232
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Is anyone going to try and get 1000/1000 achievement points for this game?

I think there's a few I probably won't get right away, but eventually. The one I think will give me the most trouble is the "speed run" (15 hours) one.
Captain Yoruichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 03:39   Link #233
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:

I think there's a few I probably won't get right away, but eventually. The one I think will give me the most trouble is the "speed run" (15 hours) one.
It wouldn't be too hard considering you can Tidal Wave farm up 10x exp, all items, 1 sp skills and some other stuff. Another one would be the level 15 @ first chapter finish, but you can do it by just going 1/2 exp and spamming Holy bottles like mad.
Old 2008-09-19, 06:00   Link #234
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:

Not hard. Even without Exp modifier or putting the game in Easy.

I actually did it like that, along with doing all Secret Missions, the side-quests for Clay, and opening up the bonus dungeon. It took around 14:47 to finish. Oh, no 99 items so I have to constantly restock Holy Bottles.

But yea, just Holy Bottle your whole way through and only fight things the story make you fight while skipping all dialogs with X+A. Should have an hour or two left if you don't bother with any SMs or sub-events. May want 2x Exp though, I was 21 levels below final boss's second form when I reach him.
Old 2008-09-19, 10:01   Link #235
krisslanza

Speedrun and the Underleveled achievements aren't really that bad.

The hardest ones might be 'Getting all Titles' due to Yuri's "True Knight" title. Unless you just buy the recent Marketplace package that gets you Yuri's "True Knight", "Certified Soldier", "Tank Top Lover", and "Improvistionist" (or whatever it was called >.>).

Speedrun could easily be done with 10x EXP and on Easy if you really wanted no challenge at all Just make sure you carry your items over and get 99 of everything so you have 99 Holy Bottles to avoid random encounters. And to Synth up Wing Boots right away (Another package can be bought with that in it, but come on... It's not hard to get on a New Game+).

Undereleved just means take 1/2 EXP and again 99 Holy Bottles to avoid every single fight. You should be able to finish, after that fight, at around level 13 or something. If you do the fight at 14, you might level up to 15 as a result of the battle and NOT GET THE ACHIEVEMENT. Since you must be UNDER level 15; not level 15 or lower. Lower then 15.
Old 2008-09-19, 20:09   Link #236
problemedchild
ô_ô

True Knight isn't too bad, the human secret missions were the worst, but there are tricks to doing them all.

The Japanese guide just came out AFAIK, so I'm just waiting for Kouli to complete his guide before I undertake my next 2 or 3 play throughs for a 1000/1000 game.
Old 2008-09-19, 20:54   Link #237
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
The Japanese guide just came out AFAIK, so I'm just waiting for Kouli to complete his guide before I undertake my next 2 or 3 play throughs for a 1000/1000 game.
I have the guide, it's got its share of problems. Namely no picture for the item lists and sub-events grouped under the town they happen, not when they happens. (Unless you go through the story flow-chart and then do som... I mean, a lot of page flipping.)

Kouli did mention something about may be able to finish his guide on Saturday a few days back on GFAQs though. Not sure what he's progress is right now.
Old 2008-09-19, 21:48   Link #238
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Anybody tried the restaurant game? I swear they're bias against certain characters... But I guess it's sort of worth it in the end

Rita's my favorite... Both outfit and the following skit for it
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 21:57   Link #239
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
I have the guide, it's got its share of problems. Namely no picture for the item lists and sub-events grouped under the town they happen, not when they happens. (Unless you go through the story flow-chart and then do som... I mean, a lot of page flipping.)

Kouli did mention something about may be able to finish his guide on Saturday a few days back on GFAQs though. Not sure what he's progress is right now.
Eh, so as long as Kouli finishes his guide. The BradyGames guide sucked majorly. Although since people have already gotten 1000/1000, it should mean that pretty much everything that's to be discovered already has been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Anybody tried the restaurant game? I swear they're bias against certain characters... But I guess it's sort of worth it in the end

Rita's my favorite... Both outfit and the following skit for it
From hardest to easiest if I remember correctly.
Raven, Rita, Judith(?), Karol(?), Estelle. I think it's been said you only need to have 50% of the costumers satisfied in order to pass. Wish I'd known that before I wore out the pause button on my controller.
Old 2008-09-19, 22:41   Link #240
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

1000/1000 doesn't really mean much when some sub-events doesn't give you titles or whatnot that counts toward achievemnt, but are just there. (Like Rita naming the blastias and that one sub-event about the girls breaking into the castle(?) and steal blastias from there.)

Kouli's current estimated date: either tomorrow or the day after.

Tags
rpg