AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-22, 09:43   Link #41
ZODDGUTS

Though Brazilian woman aren't really consider Latinas since they aren't really of Spanish decent so they don't count.

The main tall character looks to be descended of one of the of Caribbean Islands Puerto Rico, Cuba, Dominican etc.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 10:05   Link #42
Siegel Clyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Though Brazilian woman aren't really consider Latinas since they aren't really of Spanish decent so they don't count.

The main tall character looks to be descended of one of the of Caribbean Islands Puerto Rico, Cuba, Dominican etc.
I once heard Brazilian-born jazz pianist Tania Maria refer to "Latin and Brazilian music."

Still, Brazil is considered part of Latin America.

"Hispanic" and "Hispanic America" might be more appropriate terms to exclude things Portuguese and Brazilian.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 10:16   Link #43
ZODDGUTS

Okay I think you may be right, just remembered one TV latin program I think it was called "Latin Nation" anyways they did a report on Brazilian people eventhough they don't consider themselves to be hispanic they are latin as someone said in a interview.
Old 2008-08-27, 04:39   Link #44
mako1138
tsun tsun dere dere

Well, the usage is rather complicated.
mako1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 17:08   Link #45
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Dammit, I saw Sayo Yamamoto as the director and immediately hoped for either Shinji Obara or better yet, Dai Sato as the scriptwriter but no? I don't know who "Takashi Ujita" is either... (perhaps he's a screenwriter for live-action films?)....
He turns out to be a film director and screenwriter. I know none of his films, however. Here's the ja.wikipedia entry for him (宇治田隆史), listing them.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 13:09   Link #46
kyouray
2D > 3D

Video on Famitsu showing the seiyuu.
Old 2008-09-19, 23:33   Link #47
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Seriously, what do you see in here? If you could explain in detail, then perhaps my opinion might change. 8)
so much style, its hard to put my finger on it, or rather too tedious, but this trailer just blew me away. anime tends to get so silly and over the top easily, its rare to see work like this. also i like the premise, of course style isnt enough, but wether an anime has substance or not i dont judge from a trailer.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 23:43   Link #48
Westlo
Lets be reality

Late to the party but I watched the trailer and I'm really looking forward to this.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 02:51   Link #49
solomon

Always count on manglobe for something different. It'll be fun to hear actresses in the roles, that doesn't happen often enough (last one I remember was having those kids in FLCL who were originally on the theatre circuit).
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 09:36   Link #50
kyouray
2D > 3D

Third trailer ! (from Otaku News Notes)

That'll be great
Old 2008-09-27, 19:40   Link #51
solomon

Seiyuu sound great, but hatchin sounds too old
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:25   Link #52
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

Ooh, seiyuu sound super cool!
They were older sounding than I expected but that's much better than a high-pitched moe voice for the little girl. It's best how they are.
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 16:23   Link #53
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Seiyuu sound great, but hatchin sounds too old

I thought the same thing but hey I really want to watch it so I'll get over it.I do hope that the voice actresses can protray them well since I read somewhere that they are live action/drama actresses.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 14:06   Link #54
CodySilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Okay I think you may be right, just remembered one TV latin program I think it was called "Latin Nation" anyways they did a report on Brazilian people eventhough they don't consider themselves to be hispanic they are latin as someone said in a interview.
Just to finish this discussion, as a Brazilian guy, we are part of the latin america because our language, Portuguese, is originated from latin (we were colonized by the portuguese ppl, mainly). We have nothing to do with hispanic america, which speaks spanish. So we are latin, not hispanic.

The thing is that most of the people outside latin america dont know about latin america colonization, so, they just repeat what they see on tv.

Looking forward to Michiko to Hatchin, watanabe by himself makes the production a must see (or should it be must listen?).
CodySilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 23:49   Link #55
Kusaja

This seems fairly action-packed and with an interesting visual style, not to mention an uncommon setting, so it might just be the thing to add some variety to the season whenever it airs.

I hope there's more substance to it than just style, but it's probably too soon to worry about it.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 01:56   Link #56
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Seems to be far too much worrying about "what kind is she?" rather than just appreciating her looks.

Looks like a very odd couple and the series is worth at least a couple of probationary episodes.
Old 2008-10-08, 02:58   Link #57
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Seems to be far too much worrying about "what kind is she?" rather than just appreciating her looks.

Don't worry we've already moved on from that.
Old 2008-10-12, 09:02   Link #58
manuloz

i'm a bit surprise duckroll or 7th did not already report these bit of info/rumors on MtH

I suppose it will be more relevant to sakuga fans.

First the facts, Toshihiro Kawamoto (Cowboy Bebop) will be animation director on episode 3 of the show. Rumor has it, bones will produce the animation for this one episode. (thx to duckroll for this bit of info)..

Then as a Gainax fan, i'm eagerly expeceting episode 8 which has Hitomi Hasegawa as animation director. This one his supposed to be Gainax episode since Shin Itagaki (Gurren Lagann #6/7, DMC, Black Cat) said so on his column on Anime Style, he is of course directing this one.

On a final note, Masaaki Yuasa (Mind Game) is working on the ED solo (apparently), that's what came from the press conference :
http://playlog.jp/sendenman/blog/2008-10-11-2

7th > If you happen to pass by where did you see tadashi Hiramatsu was involved. I thought he was tied up by the next Eva movie.
manuloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 12:30   Link #59
cry
Berry Bunny

sounds really interesting
Old 2008-10-13, 14:17   Link #60
DangerMouse

Wow, that's a lot of great collaboration going on for this! Looks like we're going to see a lot of talented people pitching in for this romp.

It sounds like this is going to be whole lot of fun, can't wait for this show to get started.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2008-10-13 at 15:42.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote