AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-17, 19:59   Link #1401
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrelol View Post
Generic Internet user: "scond saason plzzzz!!11"

Someone could translate de novels... Or I could learn Japanese.
the novels are being translated. You can read it at baka tsuki.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 21:09   Link #1402
Dralha

Spoiler for Final thoughts:
Old 2010-12-18, 02:21   Link #1403
hilly
hilly

The legend in the world of the legend ofthe legendary hero

A long,long time ago,there was a ‘thing’ that create the world.
The goddesses have duty to guard the ‘thing’.
A powerful hero was born in this world
He is blesses by all living things.
But the hero couldn’t stand the great power lies within him and gone mad.
He slaughter the goddesses in order to get the ‘thing’.
At last,the goddesses successfully use a powerful seal called ‘human’ to seal the hero in the most southern part of the world.
Unaware of the goddesses,there were a ‘lonely demon’ always there,crying because of loneliness.
The demon always cried out for friends but no one had heard him.
When the hero appear in front of the demon,demon was very happy.Although hero just shout in madness,the demon still happy…
The hero seek revenge against the goddesses and want break the seal but he lack the power to do so.
So,he asked the lonely demon:’I want to get out of here,can you let me eat half of your body?’
The lonely demon a.k.a ‘ALL EQUATION’ split his body into ‘The solver of all Equation’ and ‘The maker of all Equation’ and the Hero eat the ‘maker’ part.
The lonely demon thinks that Hero is his first friend and this much sacrifice are just a little compare of the longest time he had to be alone,
By using the Demon ’s power,Hero had make part of the human called human Alpha.
Human Alpha killed the human Goddesses made and make a road to the ‘thing’.
Along the road,Hero had slaughter all the goddesses and eat them in order to obtain their power.
At last,Hero also got a hold of the ‘thing’ and eat the ‘thing’.
But the ‘thing’’s power is far too great for the Hero to bear,making the Hero dying.
He cried for help again.Seeing this,the demon give the other part of his body to the hero.
The hero eat the other part of the body and pushed all the darkness of the ‘thing’ and pain onto the demon.
The demon shouted in pain,but even the shout was engulfed but the DARKNESS OF THE THING.
The Darkness still eat away even all of his body was lost.
This is the end of the lonely demon,and he shall bear the pain and loneliness for eternity.
But the Demon never regret,because,even just for a little while,the Demon had friend and live for friend.
Demon is happy for that.
Lonely Demon is stupid.
Even at the world’s end,Demon still act stupid.
The Mad Hero laughing insanely,make the world end…Then,the world reborn again…except for the stupid,lonely Demon does not reborn,still shouting in pain for eternity..The End(ep24 beginning)
hilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 02:35   Link #1404
Ryokun00

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
the novels are being translated. You can read it at baka tsuki.
May i have a link to this please ... i mean i PRAY they will have a season 2 ... this is a really good series and theres no way id accept it ending here but ... reality sucks and theres that high possibly it wont be animated .... so ill have to read
Ryokun00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 02:51   Link #1405
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Need Second Season. That. Is. All.
Old 2010-12-18, 04:08   Link #1406
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Today is a sad day one of my favorite series has come to an end. I have really enjoyed this series, I really liked the fantasy setting, the characters especially Ryner and Ferris.

The last episode was sad it showed how Ryner and Sion are both taking their own paths and Ferris crying really showed how far she has come.

I really really hope they make a second season, I need to see how all of this gets resolved and I need to know how it ends for Ryner and Ferris.

As for now, I will go and read the novels. All thanks to Larethian and Defade.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 04:17   Link #1407
hilly
hilly

Spoiler for Spoiler+Speculation:
hilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 10:08   Link #1408
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryokun00 View Post
May i have a link to this please ... i mean i PRAY they will have a season 2 ... this is a really good series and theres no way id accept it ending here but ... reality sucks and theres that high possibly it wont be animated .... so ill have to read
the links have already been posted so many times, especially in the light novel thread, but here's it again:

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in..._Kagami_Takaya
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 11:38   Link #1409
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Wait that was the end? I do hope there would be another season because they left the story open. Besides, this last episode was a bit confusing.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 13:12   Link #1410
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Wait that was the end? I do hope there would be another season because they left the story open. Besides, this last episode was a bit confusing.
to be more precise, that was actually the start.
Old 2010-12-18, 15:34   Link #1411
Johnny
Working the bags...

And here I thought Naruto was somewhat overly obsessed on a borderline creepy level with Sasuke, but they don't have jack on Sion and Ryner's level of creepiness...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 15:57   Link #1412
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

great series. 9/10 in my books.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 19:34   Link #1413
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
And here I thought Naruto was somewhat overly obsessed on a borderline creepy level with Sasuke, but they don't have jack on Sion and Ryner's level of creepiness...

That's just it. I understand Naruto's obsession towards Sasuke. He was his way of life and the first person that ever taught him teamwork and friendship (I.E Haku's Mirror/Forest of Death). Then they move on and become rivals. Then witness each other's struggles. (Naruto was there when Itachi puts Sasuke into a coma.) Then they fight each other and slowly separate.

But as for Ryner... I really do not see any tragedy with him. No one is shunning him for being Alpha. Hell look at him in the Academy. He made many MANY friends yet he doesn't want to put out. He always sits and sleeps. Kiefer even fell in love with that teabag. WTF.. Then he goes all sad and feeling sorry for himself while others seems fine interacting with him. He sees himself as a monster while others don't even give a crap. I mean look at Ryner using the Alpha Stigma so freely... He is not risking being out of control. The only times that happen was where he was forced to by a Ruin Fragment.

This series sucks. Too much talking, bad voice acting - mainly on Ryner. Such a "Suck" person. He loves that word he mind as well bash his head on the wall and die.

2/10

P.S: Who else out there raised an eyebrow when you first hear Sion's and that Purple guy's voice and find out that they are guys??

I was screaming. I was traumatized. I was.... It was wrong! They are sooooo hot - yet they are guys?! *Vomits
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 21:23   Link #1414
Boduar

It always seemed pretty obvious to me Sion was not female ... Overall I liked the series but somewhat hate how open the "ending" is. Probably wont even be a second season so going to have to read if I want to find out what happens next.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 23:27   Link #1415
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
That's just it. I understand Naruto's obsession towards Sasuke. He was his way of life and the first person that ever taught him teamwork and friendship (I.E Haku's Mirror/Forest of Death). Then they move on and become rivals. Then witness each other's struggles. (Naruto was there when Itachi puts Sasuke into a coma.) Then they fight each other and slowly separate.

But as for Ryner... I really do not see any tragedy with him. No one is shunning him for being Alpha. Hell look at him in the Academy. He made many MANY friends yet he doesn't want to put out. He always sits and sleeps. Kiefer even fell in love with that teabag. WTF.. Then he goes all sad and feeling sorry for himself while others seems fine interacting with him. He sees himself as a monster while others don't even give a crap. I mean look at Ryner using the Alpha Stigma so freely... He is not risking being out of control. The only times that happen was where he was forced to by a Ruin Fragment.

This series sucks. Too much talking, bad voice acting - mainly on Ryner. Such a "Suck" person. He loves that word he mind as well bash his head on the wall and die.

2/10

P.S: Who else out there raised an eyebrow when you first hear Sion's and that Purple guy's voice and find out that they are guys??

I was screaming. I was traumatized. I was.... It was wrong! They are sooooo hot - yet they are guys?! *Vomits
If it was so bad then why do you end up watching all 24 episodes?
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 23:40   Link #1416
ZeroForever

Guess you don't watch enough anime, it was obvious they were guys. Either way opinion is opinion, if you don't like it that much as noted it's surprising you still watched it.

I'll give the series a 7/10 I enjoy the concept, Ryners emo is overbearing but if you read up on it, it's there for a reason. Honestly just to much was left open by limited run time of the anime, as such the crowning moments of awesome scenes and most of the explaination scenes never made it.
Old 2010-12-18, 23:55   Link #1417
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The weakness of the anime was that there were too much of 'tell, not show' as far as the characters go.

I think it's pretty darn obvious Ryner's life was much more fucked up than Naruto's by far.

A child soldier since small, used by Roland as a human weapon, discriminated and an outcast of society by large as an Alpha Stigma user who can anytime go berserk and destroy everything, and before Sion's appearance, probably had multiple times where any semblance of a 'normal life' were taken away from him by him simply revealing he had Alpha Stigma. And based on the reports read by Claugh where he was involved in multiple operations and multiple counts of disregard for the mission, he had obviously been in a lot of darkness, death and murder in his childhood life growing up.

Ryner had some people he could had considered friends, even before Sion/Ferris. But that was far more painful to Ryner than actually having no friends, because he was always afraid that his friends would betray him or shun him off for being a monster. People definitely did in the past, and society by far still does.

Of course, since the anime doesn't really do the 'tragic-ness of the character's past' much justice, most people don't actually feel for themselves that the characters had a really crapsack past.

Just like how Ryner's status as the 'Roland's Greatest Magician' barely seems to hold any ground, considering how he keeps getting his arse backed to a corner every time by Rule Fragment Users or people more monstrous than him.

The only times he seemed to really seem semi-deserving of his title was when Ferris was somewhat impressed that Ryner could afford to hold back against her.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 00:27   Link #1418
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
At least Sion still thinks of Ryner as his friend unlike Saucegay.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 04:05   Link #1419
larethian

adding to the posts above, it was obvious that Sion & Froaude were guys...
Old 2010-12-19, 04:31   Link #1420
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

I haven't been able to find any DVD sales information on LotLH, anyone have numbers? Or a link perhaps?
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen