AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-09, 01:52   Link #1321
Random Wanderer

I have had treasured characters and universes destroyed by well-written, yet disturbingly dark fanfics in the past. Seeing characters that I loved twisted into someone else entirely, yet written well enough that it was believable, shook me badly. I no longer read or write fanfiction, nor do I ever wish to read it. It is not the true story, however interesting it may be, and I do not ever wish to have my appreciation for the true story be ruined by someone else's unofficial imaginings ever again.

In short, I no likes teh fanfiction any more. That's a personal issue of mine, I realize, but that doesn't make it any less important to me. If you wish to discuss it, I would greatly appreciate it if you would keep such discussion under clearly-labled spoiler tags, so that it cannot be confused with theories about the actual series (which are also often posted under spoiler tags). Thank you kindly.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 02:08   Link #1322
Raiga
tl;dr

I think he's actually theorizing. The official site glossary updated today with an entry on the WOTA. Who were previously theoretical physicists. Yeah, I don't know how that relates to AKB either, but let's just go with that.

Glossary translations updated.
Old 2012-06-09, 02:43   Link #1323
sa547
*Author

BTW, OverTechnology was a term originally used in the Macross saga (thus another shoutout):
Quote:
Advanced technology which was discovered and analyzed by Humankind in the investigation aboard the fallen ASS-1 spaceship (later renamed SDF-1 Macross). Overtechnology from the Protoculture civilization transcended the technology Humankind had developed to date.
http://macross.anime.net/story/encyc...ogy/index.html

Also, in real life, Kumi "Kuumin" Yagami can do a facial impression of a rabbit, which may partly explain why her Sonata loves wearing outfits with animal motifs (i.e. rabbit ears, oversized cat paws).
Old 2012-06-09, 10:40   Link #1324
EroBotan
Nasty Pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I have had treasured characters and universes destroyed by well-written, yet disturbingly dark fanfics in the past.
are you talking about "that" K-On fanfic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
IMG]http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/4498/tumblrlv1i963xbq1qfzno0.jpg[/IMG]Also, in real life, Kumi "Kuumin" Yagami can do a facial impression of a rabbit, which may partly explain why her Sonata loves wearing outfits with animal motifs (i.e. rabbit ears, oversized cat paws).
she's still cute even with rabbit face o.o .. I tried to imitate her expression, it fail horribly though ... orz

and yeah, I love Sonata's choice of cloth in the mall's dressing room prior to handshake event XD
Old 2012-06-09, 10:53   Link #1325
Kitsu Breaker

So, we all agree with need to defeat the crepy otaku fans for the health of our Idol?

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 12:42   Link #1326
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I think he's actually theorizing. The official site glossary updated today with an entry on the WOTA. Who were previously theoretical physicists. Yeah, I don't know how that relates to AKB either, but let's just go with that.

Glossary translations updated.
So they developed the Kirara Drive so to speak? I guess that is why DGTO fought a war, they believed Profit is more important than Happiness and Freedom

Also, /a/ returns the favor by bringing more art from the manga prequels.

So Acchan disappeared about 1-2 years ago given how Kanata is 75th.

Spoiler for Heart Type Ops:
Old 2012-06-09, 13:41   Link #1327
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroBotan View Post
are you talking about "that" K-On fanfic?

she's still cute even with rabbit face o.o .. I tried to imitate her expression, it fail horribly though ... orz

and yeah, I love Sonata's choice of cloth in the mall's dressing room prior to handshake event XD
Kuumin is fab <3...even with her slight crossed eyes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu Breaker View Post
So, we all agree with need to defeat the crepy otaku fans for the health of our Idol?
Of course there's the bad fans but those are few among the thousands that support the group. And obviously AKB0048/AKB girls can defend themselves and had done so so

Spoiler for acchan..:
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 21:03   Link #1328
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

super pictures Kuumin
Old 2012-06-09, 21:16   Link #1329
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Spoiler for Heart Type Ops:
Mmm, Acchan in Heart Type Ops seems a bit different than the anime version. With those eyes she seems a bit... distant, cold even.

Frankly speaking, those eyes remind me of Chieri...
Old 2012-06-09, 22:37   Link #1330
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Mmm, Acchan in Heart Type Ops seems a bit different than the anime version. With those eyes she seems a bit... distant, cold even.

Frankly speaking, those eyes remind me of Chieri...
It could just be a different artist. All 4 of the AKB0048 other manga all have different artstyle.

Spoiler for the blond.:
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 22:44   Link #1331
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
It could just be a different artist. All 4 of the AKB0048 other manga all have different artstyle.
I don't think so. Kanata looks fairly normal in those pictures. Only Acchan is looking somewhat cold....

I'm entertaining the idea that she might have known at that point that something was going to happen to her, hence why she looks like that.

I hope someone will translate this manga soon. Episode 0 sucks (both the artwork and the story) but this one seems to be pretty cool.
Old 2012-06-09, 22:57   Link #1332
Random Wanderer

Quote:
I don't think so. Kanata looks fairly normal in those pictures. Only Acchan is looking somewhat cold....

I'm entertaining the idea that she might have known at that point that something was going to happen to her, hence why she looks like that.
I think you're overthinking it. Don't jump to conclusions from a single picture.
Old 2012-06-09, 23:01   Link #1333
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I think you're overthinking it. Don't jump to conclusions from a single picture.
Hey, it's just my impression. You don't have to agree with it, but don't tell me what to do.
Old 2012-06-09, 23:14   Link #1334
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Hey, it's just my impression. You don't have to agree with it, but don't tell me what to do.
Would you have liked it better if I said "you shouldn't jump to conclusions from a single picture?" It means the same thing, in my eyes. My point is that images like that one rarely have any of the deep meaning you seem to be ascribing to it, so looking into it for clues is probably a waste of time. It's your time to waste, if you wish, but you will need more evidence, I believe, before you're likely to convince many people.
Old 2012-06-09, 23:40   Link #1335
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

tl;dr, don't get obsessed like haters.

Also, I'm rather amused that the WOTA used to be scientists before becoming mecha pilots and line combatants. Then again, Doc Taylor's a fairly badass fellow, so clearly the WOTA are in his mould.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 23:43   Link #1336
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Would you have liked it better if I said "you shouldn't jump to conclusions from a single picture?"
Yeah, that little change in wording makes quite the difference I think.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to convince anyone. I'm just throwing ideas. Food for thought, if you will.

Also, if you look around for pictures from Heart Type you'll see that Acchan looks somewhat cold in all of them. I don't know the reason, but it's pretty obvious it's not just the art style since the other characters are not drawn like that.
Old 2012-06-10, 00:46   Link #1337
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

13th Acchan's possible personality flaw. She can put on an inspiring show but off the stage she can come off as cold and unsociable.
Old 2012-06-10, 00:49   Link #1338
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
13th Acchan's possible personality flaw. She can put on an inspiring show but off the stage she can come off as cold and unsociable.
Oh, I like this idea. It sort of fits with Yuuko's description of her.

The more I think about it, the more I want to read this manga!
Old 2012-06-10, 00:52   Link #1339
mechdra

Yuuko said that Acchan the 13th is shy and reserved. MI think she is a tsundere.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 06:14   Link #1340
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Acchan the 13th is probably like the late Merle Travis: a gifted and charismatic entertainer and performer onstage, but not really that sociable off it, and suffers terribly from stage fright prior to each performance, until the curtain rises and then she lets herself go, and a transformation occurs.

Or it's just a milder version of Chieri - she's not quite so good dealing with other people, and is a bit distant, but she means well and her heart's more or less in the right place.

But I do wonder what's happened to all the girls who've been graduated. Fed to the electronic computer braincase cthulthoid thimajig that is Aki-P? because that thing in the temple with the holy lyric is totally some manifestation of Akimoto.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime