AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-12, 20:44   Link #3901
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
But the thing is that if the Master dies, he will lose the seals. Refer to Ryuunosuke.
His seals disappearing wasn't mentioned in the Light Novel. So basically erroneous filler.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 21:04   Link #3902
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
His seals disappearing wasn't mentioned in the Light Novel. So basically erroneous filler.
or a plot hole. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 02:02   Link #3903
Vicious108

Where is the plot hole? Caster's Master dies, the seals remain, his body is picked up by the Church. Makes sense and fits in with F/SN's canonic rules.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 02:08   Link #3904
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

The anime is an adaptation, so it is bound to have some mistakes.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 02:51   Link #3905
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
he was a switch hitter like most greeks
Spoiler for History tibid:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2012-08-13 at 03:01.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 00:31   Link #3906
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

What this person name, right next to gil?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-08-15, 00:41   Link #3907
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Enkidu. His best friend.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 23:59   Link #3908
Touko

Quote:
Not sure if anybody asked, but how many command seals did Kirei have in his possession ? Anime wise F/Z, it said 9 against Kiritsugu. He gave 2 away to Kariya earlier. But, in FSN, I think he burned at least 10 seals.
Nasu had no solid ideas, because he never needed to pin down the number in Fate/Stay Night.
He pegged the number at "about 10".

So whatever the specific tally Zero had is the canon number now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
He didn't need Lancer's seals, he just had to KO the Master to get a chance to contract with Lancer.
He took Bazett's Command Spells canonically, which was probably why Urobuchi made Kotomine have 8 Command Spells left at the end of Zero (to make it "around 10" in Stay Night).

Spoiler:

Last edited by Touko; 2012-08-16 at 00:10.
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 07:35   Link #3909
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
Avalon was also what kept him alive long enough in the beginning after getting Gae Bolg'd for Rin to save him.
Erm, what?

What evidence do you have for that?

Quote:
Which brings back to another question: HOW does the administator even get extra command seals. I can't imagine the church going to the survivors of the wars and say, "Oh, the grail is over. Therefore, please transfer your seals to this man. Or you will die."
When a master surrenders or loses their servant, their command spells return to the supervisor, to be distributed as he sees fit.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 18:07   Link #3910
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Erm, what?

What evidence do you have for that?
You really don't have to say it like that...

Avalon is inactive without Saber. If Rin had taken a wrong turn then Shirou could have very well died. It was the amount of mana that Rin saved up in that crystal that saved him.
Old 2012-08-23, 21:02   Link #3911
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Refresh my memory for this.

Why Fate Zero Excalibur destroying the Grail cause a lava spill or widespread fire while Fate Route Excalibur didn't seem to hold this effect.
- unless I am missing something with Illya being a central piece or something.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 13:07   Link #3912
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think it's because Saber only destroyed the lesser grail in Fate Zero whilst at the end of FSN she destroys the actual hole in the sky.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 16:25   Link #3913
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Refresh my memory for this.

Why Fate Zero Excalibur destroying the Grail cause a lava spill or widespread fire while Fate Route Excalibur didn't seem to hold this effect.
- unless I am missing something with Illya being a central piece or something.
From what I read somewhere. In Fate/Stay Night they removed the key(Ilya), closing the door to the Great Grail before destroying it.

I Fate/Zero the door to the Great Grail was open when it was destroyed which is why is so much mud spilled out of it.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2012-08-25 at 00:19.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 19:08   Link #3914
Archer

It's because the Holy Grail is really only there to open the gate to the Greater Holy Grail. What Saber destroyed in Fate/Zero was the Holy Grail, but the gate remained open. What Saber destroyed in Fate/stay night was the gate, and the Holy Grail (Ilya) was unharmed.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 20:52   Link #3915
Touko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think it's because Saber only destroyed the lesser grail in Fate Zero whilst at the end of FSN she destroys the actual hole in the sky.
This.
The "real Grail" is the hole in the sky. You need to blow that up to "shut down the Grail".
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 13:09   Link #3916
theforgot3n1

Two things:

In HF.
Spoiler for :

In HF.
Spoiler for :

In HF.
Spoiler for :

This will give ya samting tu chuw!
theforgot3n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 14:43   Link #3917
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theforgot3n1 View Post
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for Answer:

Quote:
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for Answer:

Quote:
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for :

Question about Magic Crests:

I know that to inherit a Magic Crest you need to be blood related to the owner of the crest (Parent or Grandparents can pass it own to their offspring) but does that mean it can be given to anyone else in the family? e.g. siblings or nephews/nieces? Say that someone who has a Magic Crest can not pass it on since all his successors are unavailable (dead, have no talent, chose to not be magus, disowned) can he pass it on to any siblings he might have? or maybe to one of their children?
Old 2012-08-30, 14:59   Link #3918
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post

I know that to inherit a Magic Crest you need to be blood related to the owner of the crest (Parent or Grandparents can pass it own to their offspring) but does that mean it can be given to anyone else in the family? e.g. siblings or nephews/nieces? Say that someone who has a Magic Crest can not pass it on since all his successors are unavailable (dead, have no talent, chose to not be magus, disowned) can he pass it on to any siblings he might have? or maybe to one of their children?
There's a high rate of rejection, even among close blood relatives. If it's transplanted en masse or too quickly, the body completely rejects and usually will die. As a result, the crest must be transferred bit by bit over years, and even then there is still a high rate of rejection if they are not direct offspring. Going outside of the immediate family is possible, just not very smart. As a result, their are main family branches, as they are the ones who end up with the crest. As a family knows more magic, the crest obviously gets bigger. Tohsaka, being only 4 or 5 generations, covers most of one forearm. Emiya was about 5, and covered the upper back. Einzbern is only 8 generations on technicality, as they live ridiculously long (Acht most likely participated in the second war, as he was a head of the family and didn't die in the third war as the Einzbern master did in that war), so relatively they'd be around 30 or so generations, and their crest covers the entire body.
Old 2012-08-30, 14:59   Link #3919
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post

Should be able to transfer it to anyone. Kiritsugu didn't transfer it to Shirou because he didn't want to, not because he couldn't.

And if I'm not mistaken, Waver obtains Kayneth's magic crest in the future at some point.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 15:10   Link #3920
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Should be able to transfer it to anyone. Kiritsugu didn't transfer it to Shirou because he didn't want to, not because he couldn't.
Flinch cover most of it.

Quote:
And if I'm not mistaken, Waver obtains Kayneth's magic crest in the future at some point.
i don't think he did. He got Kayneth's title but not the crest.

looking at the wiki, Waver inherited Kayneth's Mystic Code (the mercury thing).