AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

View Poll Results: Horizon S2 - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 34 73.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 19.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 6.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-05, 06:22   Link #41
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
So let me get this straight...Musashi plans on fighting not only Tres Espana but also England at the same time?

And Tres Espana knows they may not win but they'll go down in a blaze of glory?
More like they know the historical re-enactment won't let them win, but Fellipe and co. at least want to make sure that Tres Espana's main naval forces don't suffer any losses.
Old 2012-09-05, 07:54   Link #42
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

BADASS episode!!!!

it's totally cool....
How Kimi calmed Gacchan....
How Tenzou be determined with his goal...
and how Philip-Juana interaction is very touching

now, Philip can show his braveness at his last battle...
I bet Juana and Tachibana Gin will head back to fight Musashi soon

Tenzou's confession declaration make us remember last season scene when Toori want to confess as well...
never expect Neito, Honda, Neshinbara, Gacchan, and Ulqui to join Tenzou's team...
that final showdown at the end of episode is beautifully done

Elizabeth's pissed off scene is also hilarious...
thanks god, Malga won't fight that Wolfie guy anymore...
but it seems like Tenzou will face Elizabeth

I almost forget about Futayo (wait! where's she?)
and Adele is a good commander... ^^ (although Neshinbara is still better in my opinion)
c'mon! dispatch your squad already Musashi!!! kick that old ships

I still got lots of questions about this episode but I think I'll just save it for next episode
Old 2012-09-05, 09:13   Link #43
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Speechless...
So many emotions in this episode, and Sunrise did so great in conveying them to the viewer...

Perfect 10/10 !!!

Kimi-neesama...
Tenzou...
Felipe Ojisan...
Neshinbara...

You guys rocks !!!
Old 2012-09-05, 13:12   Link #44
Ray
Garnet

Wow. That.. was awesome. But.. but.. Futayo didn't make a single appearance.

Hm, was the tornado part of Kimi's slap done for comical purposes, or is that a skill of hers?
Old 2012-09-05, 16:19   Link #45
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I just realized that not even once was tori talking to elizabeth yet. They were in the same political discussion, but Tori was only talking to Horizion, while the one talking to Elizabeth was always Masazumi.

Then in this episode, while they said that Musashi and England should not have too friendly relations, a small animation was shown where tori and elizabeth shake hands. I just cannot imagine how that would play out.
Old 2012-09-05, 17:43   Link #46
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Ah so Juana had help from Velasquez to reach that position of hers. Man...every single character in Horizon truly has their own moment(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Wow. That.. was awesome. But.. but.. Futayo didn't make a single appearance.
It was only a second or so, but she was there. It was when Horizon asked if anyone would have been saddened by her death, then everyone replied with judge to it.
Not that it mattered what screen time she had here, since she's going to fight Gin.

You know who does need a little screen time in this S2 though? Nenji!!! I miss that slime, even if he has only about 3HP

On another note, I'm sort of interested in...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruze Malga
Then what? Is it because I'm weak?! I'm useless if I don't have Weiss Frauen?! Or is it because of my father?
Definitely not going to be in this season, but damn it now I want to see the situation surrounding that bit.
Old 2012-09-05, 18:31   Link #47
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
BADASSnever expect Neito, Honda, Neshinbara, Gacchan, and Ulqui to join Tenzou's team...
that final showdown at the end of episode is beautifully done

Elizabeth's pissed off scene is also hilarious...
thanks god, Malga won't fight that Wolfie guy anymore...
but it seems like Tenzou will face Elizabeth
Tenzou needs to fight the swordsman(Walter). Payback's a b**ch.
Old 2012-09-05, 20:26   Link #48
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Tenzou needs to fight the swordsman(Walter). Payback's a b**ch.
Well, Sunrise's OPs tend to be spoilerific in nature.
Old 2012-09-06, 22:33   Link #49
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

BTW....

About Toori adding those 3 kana to the Norn Quest book...

Is the intent behind it what the same as I'm thinking?

Lolz I wonder how the subs are going to translate that let alone as something SFW....
Old 2012-09-07, 11:05   Link #50
Kakkou
Tch.

^I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. That has to be intentional, the conveniently coloured kana are too odd to be a coincidence.
Old 2012-09-07, 14:56   Link #51
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Even for such a awesome show as this, I can still problems with it but they tend to be the same things just like any other great show, like not enough screen time for favorite characters or I want to know what happens next!!!

Oh the woes of great anime!XD

Only had a few scenes with Musashi but again show she's totally on top of the situation but I still want more.

Kimi-onee-sama yet again showing why she's just the best, I loved how she had a big grin on her face when she slaps Gacchan

Wonder if Toori is trying to set a new fashion trend, one I have to admit I wouldn't mind seeing it catch on even if it applies to everybody
Old 2012-10-08, 13:19   Link #52
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
It took a while (like 20 episodes) but Horizon is really starting to develop into the kind of show I thought it was going to be more like during the first season. We've got what looks to be a three way battle between England, Musashi and Tres Espana now and the key to it looks to be how Musashi intends to act as the wild card in what would otherwise be a total re-enactment of the 30 years war and I guess the Anglo-Spanish war which seems to be happening at the same time in this universe.

The circumstances of the war continue to feel more like a farce as time goes along though. The thing obviously is that these aren't the same people that fought in that war, they seem like otherwise good decent people (Felipe, Mary, Elizabeth etc.) who were drafted to play the parts and re-enact the war, essentially tossing lives and resources aside that might be better served in roles more suited to who they actually are. The show has a lot of silly comedic moments and doesn't take itself too seriously, but this aspect of it comes across as rather grim and fatalistic. Though that's why we have the Musashi crew here to mix things up. It looks like we're going to have an epic fleet battle and some epic individual duels to close the show out and probably a lot more debating on the nature of the conflict and how it doesn't really seem like it's going to contribute in any way to staving off the apocalypse so much as rid the world of people that might actually be able to make a difference. Should be a great ride to the finish line.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-10-08 at 14:01.
Closed Thread