AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-20, 12:47   Link #221
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Well in most openings i've seen there just fights made for a cool looking opening not always cut outs of the actual show
Well, in some OPs, like Naruto lately and Sekirei, (most of) the fights are spoilers of what will happen (and known to those who read the manga).

While they may not go EXACTLY as the OP shows them going, the fight in general is a spoiler. Like Season 1's OP showed Musubi fighting Benitsubasa, which then happened during the Capital Escape on the bridge.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 10:37   Link #222
Manic
real men love pink

i am a huge fan of both manga/anime, but i wasnt too impressed with the 1st ep. It was like 90% filler. Also found it weird that they had yume appear with minato in the bath scene, but never refered to her as such (if you remember she only has the #8 on her stomach when yume comes to the surface). I hope they dont add too much filler and ruin it. Some filler OK, too much is bad

here's the pic if you missed it
Spoiler for Bath scene:
Old 2010-06-23, 07:56   Link #223
attobyte

Is Yume's "tatoo" really like that ? IIRC (probably not) the birds and the Yin Yang symbol were bellow the 08 number.
I really don't remember they being so high (close to her breasts) on her tummy.
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 09:26   Link #224
Manic
real men love pink

yeah i looked back on ep 12 of the 1st season and its the same, i havent compared it to the manga yet but id assume its the same.
Old 2010-06-23, 10:20   Link #225
eiyuu99

From Chapter 48
Spoiler:

It's the same.

Last edited by eiyuu99; 2010-06-23 at 10:31.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 10:26   Link #226
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
i am a huge fan of both manga/anime, but i wasnt too impressed with the 1st ep. It was like 90% filler. Also found it weird that they had yume appear with minato in the bath scene, but never refered to her as such (if you remember she only has the #8 on her stomach when yume comes to the surface). I hope they dont add too much filler and ruin it. Some filler OK, too much is bad

here's the pic if you missed it
Spoiler for Bath scene:
I think that was meant to be more Minato seeing it than Musubi becoming Yume.
Old 2010-06-23, 11:07   Link #227
kujoe
from head to heel

If I remember correctly, Musubi lost her sekirei mark when she momentarily died at the end of the first season. She gets revived only when Yume finally awakened within her body. Yume's number 8 sekirei mark has been on her navel ever since.

So yes, it is supposed to be there. In other words, that's still Musubi. She simply has lost her original sekirei mark some time ago.

The one thing I wonder about, is how come it's so big? Most sekirei possess a small one—even Akitsu's unique mark on her forehead isn't as large.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 11:10   Link #228
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
I think that was meant to be more Minato seeing it than Musubi becoming Yume.
nah, you can even tell musubi was acting differently in that scene. Plus its too coincidental that he has a dream about a doomsday and then wakes up to find yume in the tub with him.

Spoiler for Manga spoiler for yume:
Old 2010-06-23, 11:14   Link #229
Manic
real men love pink

If I remember correctly, Musubi lost her sekirei sign when she momentarily died at the end of the first season. She gets revived only when Yume finally awakened within her body. Yume's
Quote:
number 8 sekirei sign has been on her navel ever since.

So yes, it is supposed to be there. In other words, that's still Musubi. She simply has lost her original sekirei sign some time ago.

The one thing I wonder about, is how come it's so big? Most sekirei possess a small one—even Akitsu's unique sign on her forehead isn't as large.
completely wrong but nice try. In the bridge arc she lost her crest, but was reactivated by yume. The 08 goes away when musubi is back in control. So go rewatched ep 12 or go read manga
Old 2010-06-23, 11:43   Link #230
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
completely wrong but nice try. In the bridge arc she lost her crest, but was reactivated by yume. The 08 goes away when musubi is back in control. So go rewatched ep 12 or go read manga
Oh, I see.

It's pretty strange that Musubi has a split personality of sorts now. I wonder if this makes Yume somewhat part of Minato's sekirei. At the very least, she's part of the team.
Old 2010-06-23, 13:18   Link #231
attobyte

I don't think this is really a split personality issue.
From Season 1 we know that there were originally 108 Sekireis. Since Yume intentionally merged with Musubi (reducing the number to 107), there is little doubt she had a reason to do that.
Among the possible motives I can imagine are:
1) When she was rescued Musubi's life was in danger and Yume merged to save her;
2) Older Sekirei eventually merge with younger ones as a self preservetion mechanism (how this works is beyond me though);
3) Yume, by seen all the killing Karasuba did, decided to hand over the task of opening her heart to Musubi (this one is so off);
4) Yume tried to break free from her Sekirei project position in order to feel the love she asked Minato to teach the Sekireis or
5) Something completely different which renders all my guesses absolute nonsense. In this case I apologize.

Note that all I know about Sekirei is in the first season. I don't know the manga much less have watched ep1 of season 2.

Last edited by attobyte; 2010-06-23 at 13:41.
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 13:43   Link #232
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
It's pretty strange that Musubi has a split personality of sorts now. I wonder if this makes Yume somewhat part of Minato's sekirei. At the very least, she's part of the team.
well if ya remember musubi was killed before this and yume sacrificed her sekirei soul or something (i forget what they call it) to save her. So musubi lived and yume died and sorta merged a dual existance with her. Minatos love was able to bring yume to the surface, so now at times yume can pop up and speak to him at certain times when need be.
Old 2010-06-23, 15:15   Link #233
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Careful with the manga spoilers guys i can see how this could get out of hand and quickly.
Old 2010-06-23, 16:50   Link #234
kujoe
from head to heel

It's just an observation on my part.

'Split personality' as in two entities, one body. Minato seems to have two sekirei for the price of one with Musubi. After all, from what we've been shown in season 1 Musubi and Yume are completely two different people.

I wonder if Yume will be a recurring character from here on, or if she's really just a one-time thing.

Last edited by kujoe; 2010-06-23 at 17:13.
Old 2010-06-23, 17:00   Link #235
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

From what the very beginning showed us, they are as Yume is holding Musubi while she's still a young child. Though there has to be some more to the relation than just coincidental looks, numbers (08 and 88), and fighting style. Maybe Karasuba could reveal more later. (And she even said in episode 1 already that Yume "doesn't exist anymore". At least in a physical way.)
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 07:23   Link #236
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
well if ya remember musubi was killed before this and yume sacrificed her sekirei soul or something (i forget what they call it) to save her. So musubi lived and yume died and sorta merged a dual existance with her. Minatos love was able to bring yume to the surface, so now at times yume can pop up and speak to him at certain times when need be.
Question is.......can Yume control dreams of the future to a certain extent?
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 08:37   Link #237
Manic
real men love pink

never said she could, i just said its too coincidental that he has this dream and then wakes up to find yume in the tub with him. Gotta remember just like with ku and tsu he can have dreams when linked with certain sekirei. That part was filler anyway so i dont put much stock into it
Old 2010-06-24, 10:10   Link #238
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
never said she could, i just said its too coincidental that he has this dream and then wakes up to find yume in the tub with him. Gotta remember just like with ku and tsu he can have dreams when linked with certain sekirei. That part was filler anyway so i dont put much stock into it
Or could it be the fact that Minato was just having a nightmare (which is actually interesting because the black feathers have a double meaning.
1. Karasuba, whose name means "Raven Feather" and we know Ravens are black. It could mean that she killed Minato's sekirei
2. Crows or was it Ravens? feed off meat (indicated by the dead Sekirei)

When Minato was grieving for his Sekirei, he was expressing love again which caused Yume to come up again momentarily (since Love seems to be the trigger to cause her to manifest again)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 05:43   Link #239
eiyuu99

Isn't raven part of the crow family?

The dream may be an indication that they may fight eventually,
considering Karasuba's interest to fight Yume since a long time ago.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 07:01   Link #240
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Question is.......can Yume control dreams of the future to a certain extent?
Yume was known as the Sekirei of fate which probably means she was/is fated to do something or knows what her fate was going to be IE sacrificing herself and giving her Tama to Musubi.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, seinen