AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-13, 21:51   Link #1541
Kirarakim

The episode looked awful, well at least Morgiana was cute.

Does anyone know who is voicing the Kou Prince? His voice sounds familiar but I can't place it.

edit: never mind found it

http://myanimelist.net/people/819/Kensho_Ono
Old 2013-02-13, 21:57   Link #1542
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Yeah I think it's obvious at this point that there is almost nothing to get from the anime anymore as a manga reader now. This adaption is an incredible disservice to what really is a great shonen manga. The visual work is atrocious, and the pacing is awful. I can't even pin this on my usual favorite punching bag Yoshino, this is an overall production disaster.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 22:12   Link #1543
Jetzero Infinity

Honestly as a manga reader myself I generally don't have that much a problem with the adaption. The pacing issues are pretty ridiculous, but not to the point where the show's an unwatchable trainwreck. I think Aniplex made a huge mistake in that area but other than that I don't see it as doing anything that would make it a gigantic offense to the manga, even if it is superior.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 00:23   Link #1544
EroKing

Old 2013-02-14, 00:43   Link #1545
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Wow that dance looked like a slow and fast motion version of a stroke/aneurism-v-;;
Old 2013-02-14, 03:29   Link #1546
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Yeah I think it's obvious at this point that there is almost nothing to get from the anime anymore as a manga reader now. This adaption is an incredible disservice to what really is a great shonen manga. The visual work is atrocious, and the pacing is awful. I can't even pin this on my usual favorite punching bag Yoshino, this is an overall production disaster.
Yeah, I think A-1 topped their efforts in half assing shit in SAO with Magi, also the sound production side of Magi is a pretty poor as well, Shiro Sagisu phoned in his work just as bad as Kajiura did in SAO.

Hopefully a lot of key staff changes will be made if they ever do a second season, though thanks to burning though so much of the manga that could be a long time off.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 03:51   Link #1547
Pacify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for snip:
Nahaha, totally didn't notice that. Hilarious lol

I didn't like this arc much in the manga, wonder if i shall bother to keep watching it
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 05:47   Link #1548
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacify View Post
Nahaha, totally didn't notice that. Hilarious lol

I didn't like this arc much in the manga, wonder if i shall bother to keep watching it
LOL. That was a great example. They are certainly doing lots of cost cutting this particular episode. Sometimes it's barely animation.

Ah well. Hopefully it picks up.

The sushi slicing was decent though.

It's surprising they didn't use the same animation from the opening to fill out the dance. They used the Aladdin boob plant from the opening but changed the background.

Last edited by Kenu; 2013-02-14 at 05:59.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 06:19   Link #1549
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenu View Post
LOL. That was a great example. They are certainly doing lots of cost cutting this particular episode. Sometimes it's barely animation.

Ah well. Hopefully it picks up.

The sushi slicing was decent though.

It's surprising they didn't use the same animation from the opening to fill out the dance. They used the Aladdin boob plant from the opening but changed the background.
What are you talking about man! Check out the sakuga!

Old 2013-02-14, 06:24   Link #1550
Kakkou
Tch.

^That's Inferno Cop quality right there. I'm so considering doing a side-by-side comparison when the BD with this ep is released. There better be fixes left and right. >=[
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 07:19   Link #1551
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That reminds me I need to watch more Inferno Cop.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 14:45   Link #1552
Ashlotte
Clockwork

I honest to god thought the episode hadn't finished downloading because of all the bizarre things that were going on with the animation and the voice not syncing up or really odd cutaways...But nope I see it was just terribly made.

Oh well like others said bring on BD Morg dance for the love of all that's holy!

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 07:08   Link #1553
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

You present some compelling evidence.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 07:13   Link #1554
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlotte View Post
I honest to god thought the episode hadn't finished downloading because of all the bizarre things that were going on with the animation and the voice not syncing up or really odd cutaways...But nope I see it was just terribly made.

Oh well like others said bring on BD Morg dance for the love of all that's holy!
Uhhh, while so far I saw what other people saw, I haven't seen anything "not sync up" or "really odd cutaways". Perhaps your file really IS corrupted on top of the lack of animation.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 10:06   Link #1555
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-12-03 at 03:25.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 21:40   Link #1556
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I see it's not allowed to like this episode, but I will anyway. I thought it was hilariously cheesy yet serious as well. Sinbad and company were great, and I don't care how many still frames A-1 devoted to Morgiana's dance, she was beautiful in the ones they drew.

I'm with Dop on this. One reason why I don't post in this thread is that it seems to be de rigeur for manga readers to come here and dump all over this show. I had no expectations for Magi when I began watching it and have found it unexpectedly enjoyable over its run. It's probably my biggest surprise since Chihayafuru, though we'll see if Kotoura-san picks up its pace. I don't watch many shounen adventures, but this one is pretty damn good. Probably most of the credit goes to the manga-ka for writing it, but I'm nevertheless enjoying the anime and am happy I get to watch it.

I thought this was one of the better episodes because it's so over-the-top that you know the staff's tongues were planted firmly in their cheeks while they were making it. I liked that about it; a lot of other people apparently don't.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 22:24   Link #1557
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I see it's not allowed to like this episode, but I will anyway. I thought it was hilariously cheesy yet serious as well. Sinbad and company were great, and I don't care how many still frames A-1 devoted to Morgiana's dance, she was beautiful in the ones they drew.

I'm with Dop on this. One reason why I don't post in this thread is that it seems to be de rigeur for manga readers to come here and dump all over this show. I had no expectations for Magi when I began watching it and have found it unexpectedly enjoyable over its run. It's probably my biggest surprise since Chihayafuru, though we'll see if Kotoura-san picks up its pace. I don't watch many shounen adventures, but this one is pretty damn good. Probably most of the credit goes to the manga-ka for writing it, but I'm nevertheless enjoying the anime and am happy I get to watch it.

I thought this was one of the better episodes because it's so over-the-top that you know the staff's tongues were planted firmly in their cheeks while they were making it. I liked that about it; a lot of other people apparently don't.

This. I"m getting seriously tired of seeing manga readers dump on this as well.

I read the manga myself and yes, Mor's little dance was rather choppy animation-wise...but other than that? I adored this episode!

And I can't wait until next episode when Kou comes to cut off Sinbad's dick for whatever he did
Old 2013-02-15, 23:23   Link #1558
Westlo
Lets be reality

Should read gaf, so you can see non manga readers dump on it as well as manga! Dat duck roll hype backfire
Old 2013-02-15, 23:31   Link #1559
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

What the..!? I know this episode had bad quality but I did not notice this when I watched the ep.

LOL! It's like I'm watching a puppet show with a wooden skewer attached to Mor's back
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 04:42   Link #1560
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Haha, people dropping the anime all time, if it doesn't follow the manga 100%. Its normal these days, personally I don't follow the manga and still enjoy the anime. I don't mind the how they cut corners to save money.

and its to bad the manga reader are dropping because I like them posting manga panels of what the anime cut out.

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen