Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-28, 06:07   Link #121
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I guess you can see a similar aspect in DA, but you'd have to be more specific about builds and all that. ME was simply made to appeal to a wider audience. Dragon Age started out as a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate, a D&D computer game. Buffs and spell combos also require certain party members to work together.
If I recall, Bioware talked about this. I believe the comment was something along the lines of 'now that we've made the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate, we can focus on making Dragon Age its own game.'
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 08:39   Link #122
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
/sigh of course theres gonna be a "OMG WHAT DOES THE FEMALE LOOK LIKE"

lol I remember when I was called gay for playing a male BE instead of female. I wanted to kill someone.
Um... why would you choose to play as BE in the first place? BE males are flamboyantly metrosexual and BE females are borderline anorexic.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 09:18   Link #123
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Um... why would you choose to play as BE in the first place? BE males are flamboyantly metrosexual and BE females are borderline anorexic.
why did you play what race you play?

andbecause their the only Horde Paladin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
The fact that she still looks old (at least for me) make me think that she haven't got a new body for her...yet. I guess Morrigan is still alive somewhere .

Wha-? How !? o.o;
I guess I'm building it work because I don't really understand on how to build my character...
i heard in a interview that Dragon Age2 takes place DURING #1

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-08-28 at 19:53. Reason: There is an "EDIT" button you know...
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 09:53   Link #124
Who

Quote:
DA1, including the expansion and DLC, takes place over a 2 year span at most, since the Blight was ended within a few months and Witch Hunt takes place about a year after that and half a year after Awakening. There's still 8 more years after that for DA2.

Apparently, the game's length won't be quite as long as Origins. Which isn't too surprising, since having full voice acting for everyone, including the main character, cuts into their budget. Might be around the length of a normal ME2 run.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 10:00   Link #125
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
You might have missed the part where they said the story goes on for ten years, then... it does begin somewhat concurrent with events from DA:O, tho. How far or long they'll overlap, we don't know, yet.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 13:51   Link #126
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
If i remember, DA2 takes place 20 years after the 1st.
Old 2010-08-28, 14:08   Link #127
kujoe
from head to heel

No, the tale of DA2 takes place after the attack on Lothering. Hawke and his sister flee from the place when the darkspawn arrive. In other words, this places DA2 around the same time as DA:O, at least for quite some time.

I say this because the entire game takes place in the span of ten years. It's basically a past story told from a couple of characters in the future trying to recall and piece together Hawke's story. Eventually, certain later events would be happening years after the Blight of DA:O.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 16:37   Link #128
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
No, the tale of DA2 takes place after the attack on Lothering. Hawke and his sister flee from the place when the darkspawn arrive. In other words, this places DA2 around the same time as DA:O, at least for quite some time.
So were generally gonna hear about tales of "These few Grey Wardens running around" as we play as Hawke? Well during the trailer, I did not quite get what that vision he had (that new model dragon) was it suppose to be something that was close to the Archdemon? While our main hero is taking out the Archdemon, Hawke was going after this dragon?
Old 2010-08-28, 18:07   Link #129
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
So were generally gonna hear about tales of "These few Grey Wardens running around" as we play as Hawke? Well during the trailer, I did not quite get what that vision he had (that new model dragon) was it suppose to be something that was close to the Archdemon? While our main hero is taking out the Archdemon, Hawke was going after this dragon?
Maybe while you're in Lothering, you'll get a mention of what happens at the pub (where your Warden first meets Leliana) because of the fighting between them and Loghain's men. And maybe you'll hear something about the Blight ending but aside from that, don't really get your hopes up too much on hearing about them. The Free Marches, where DA2 takes place is north of Ferelden, is pretty far away. You'd have to take a ship through the Waking Sea to get there OR, pass west through Orlais, go north, then to the east through Nevarra.

Forget what you know of Dragons for the most part. They were the highlight of the first game because it introduces you to this period in time for this setting. There's a Codex entry in the first game where it tells you how a dragon was seen burning the countryside and killing Orlesians, giving the time (and game) the name, Dragon Age. The dragon you saw was Flemeth; watch the video again and freeze when you see its head clearly. There's a headpiece on its head just like the one Flemeth is wearing on the screenshot someone provided here. The point of this game is not dragons, darkspawns or Blights, but Hawke's rise to power and the whole world (or just Thedas) on the brink of war.
Old 2010-08-28, 18:20   Link #130
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Forget what you know of Dragons for the most part. They were the highlight of the first game because it introduces you to this period in time for this setting. There's a Codex entry in the first game where it tells you how a dragon was seen burning the countryside and killing Orlesians, giving the time (and game) the name, Dragon Age. The dragon you saw was Flemeth; watch the video again and freeze when you see its head clearly. There's a headpiece on its head just like the one Flemeth is wearing on the screenshot someone provided here. The point of this game is not dragons, darkspawns or Blights, but Hawke's rise to power and the whole world (or just Thedas) on the brink of war.
So Dragon Age: Origins was more into Dragons/Darkspawns/Blight

While Dragon Age 2 is going to be into more political like explaining more about the races of the "Qunari" since we did see one in the trailer, and how exactly Flemeth got that new look of her.

Hawke's rise to power, do you mean he will become somewhat like a king in the near future? Or am I merely misunderstanding that?
Old 2010-08-28, 18:46   Link #131
Who

Quote:
So Dragon Age: Origins was more into Dragons/Darkspawns/Blight

While Dragon Age 2 is going to be into more political like explaining more about the races of the "Qunari" since we did see one in the trailer, and how exactly Flemeth got that new look of her.

Hawke's rise to power, do you mean he will become somewhat like a king in the near future? Or am I merely misunderstanding that?
DA2 is more "political" as you're dealing with the Chantry (essentially, Thedas is something of a theocracy more than it is a bunch of monarchies/oligarchies with the exception of Antiva as that's like... an assassin-archy) and war. I use quotes around the word "political" because I use it loosely as there's still a lot yet to be revealed.

Now, about Qunari. It's been revealed that most Qunari are born WITH horns. There are a few select individuals like Sten who are born without; they are considered very special and given special positions like becoming vanguards and whatnot. Then there are ones who cut off their own horns like the Qunari salesperson in Awakening but that's a different story.

And Hawke's rise to power as in becoming the Champion of Kirkwall, or its hero. The main ruler of Kirkwall, aside from the Templars/Chantry is Viscount Dumar, the guy you see getting killed in the trailer. He's most likely going to be a key military figure, but not a ruling figure. Key words, most likely.
Old 2010-08-28, 19:46   Link #132
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
And Hawke's rise to power as in becoming the Champion of Kirkwall, or its hero. The main ruler of Kirkwall, aside from the Templars/Chantry is Viscount Dumar, the guy you see getting killed in the trailer. He's most likely going to be a key military figure, but not a ruling figure. Key words, most likely.
Well since Viscount Dumar is dead/going to die in the game, we will probably never know who will be the next king, so it may be possible for Hawke
Old 2010-08-28, 21:35   Link #133
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Now, about Qunari. It's been revealed that most Qunari are born WITH horns. There are a few select individuals like Sten who are born without; they are considered very special and given special positions like becoming vanguards and whatnot. Then there are ones who cut off their own horns like the Qunari salesperson in Awakening but that's a different story.
I thought it was the other way around?

Qunari born with horns are the 'special ones', and they occupy special roles within the qunari hierarchy. Most likely leaders, or voices of authority. Sten is just basically a soldier.
Old 2010-08-28, 22:09   Link #134
Who

Quote:
I thought it was the other way around?

Qunari born with horns are the 'special ones', and they occupy special roles within the qunari hierarchy. Most likely leaders, or voices of authority. Sten is just basically a soldier.
It's quite the opposite. Gaider said so himself:

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archi...i-evolved.aspx

It would also explain why when you have Qunari broodmothers, the Ogres have horns and the other darkspawn don't, although they each have something that reflects the race from which they were from. Genlocks being short and stocky like dwarves, shrieks being dextrous and lithe like elves and hurlocks have no resembling humans.

Sten itself means "platoon commander" in the language that qunari speak. He was probably given the position for his lack of horns, as well as his fighting ability, although it really doesn't amount to much compared to your Warden.

On another note, Qunari seem to REALLY like the color red. Every single Qunari concept art and even the one in the trailer has red tatoos.
Old 2010-08-28, 22:41   Link #135
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
It would also explain why when you have Qunari broodmothers, the Ogres have horns and the other darkspawn don't, although they each have something that reflects the race from which they were from. Genlocks being short and stocky like dwarves, shrieks being dextrous and lithe like elves and hurlocks have no resembling humans.
So basically the Darkspawn Army is like the polar-opposite of all the races in Dragon Age: Origins, just evil and twisted, and deformed?
Old 2010-08-28, 23:22   Link #136
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
So basically the Darkspawn Army is like the polar-opposite of all the races in Dragon Age: Origins, just evil and twisted, and deformed?
The males are killed while the females are captured and 'corrupted' to become Broodmothers who in turn mass produces Darkspawns.

That particular quest was one of my favorite because of the creepy atmosphere of the whole thing.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 00:10   Link #137
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The males are killed while the females are captured and 'corrupted' to become Broodmothers who in turn mass produces Darkspawns.

That particular quest was one of my favorite because of the creepy atmosphere of the whole thing.
Reminds me of Slither >_> with the bloated chick filled with the slither things. *shiver* disturbing
Old 2010-08-29, 00:58   Link #138
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:

I say this because the entire game takes place in the span of ten years. It's basically a past story told from a couple of characters in the future trying to recall and piece together Hawke's story. Eventually, certain later events would be happening years after the Blight of DA:O.
Really? There a rumor going on that...
Spoiler for From DAO:
Old 2010-08-29, 02:05   Link #139
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Really? There a rumor going on that...
Spoiler for From DAO:
Well, if that rumour turns out to be true, then such an event would take place a few years after DA:O.

Moreover, David Gaider himself has said that if you didn't do it in DA:O, then the child wouldn't exist at all. The upcoming Morrigan DLC is supposedly going to tackle this subplot. One wonders however, if Hawke would at least hear about such events and more that took place in the Blight years after it happened. After all, you can load up your Origins file, which sounds to me like a means for the player to determine certain historical conditions in the game. (e.g., Ferelden's new monarch, etc.)

I did read about Nathaniel possibly making a cameo in DA2. Not sure how this piece of info rose up, but there's some talk about it.
Old 2010-08-29, 07:02   Link #140
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
I did read about Nathaniel possibly making a cameo in DA2. Not sure how this piece of info rose up, but there's some talk about it.
A developer gave us a little hint in the da2 forums.

And for future references, here is thread with all the info that has been released.

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360