AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-07, 00:55   Link #4741
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
^Not say dead per say, but yes, he's not around anyway.
A man of his talents would probably be working at McDonald's.
Old 2010-10-07, 01:39   Link #4742
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Well, recalling Stiyl's words after the Deep Blood arc...

that what Touma did was destroy the mental well-being of Aurreolus, to the point he lost his memories and that later Necessarius changed his form and let him "off to the wild".

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-10-07, 01:50   Link #4743
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Bring up Deep Blood again... Ever wondered if Heaven Canceller didn't sitch back Touma's arm the first time at all? I mean, Touma blacked out and all right?
Old 2010-10-07, 01:59   Link #4744
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Bring up Deep Blood again... Ever wondered if Heaven Canceller didn't sitch back Touma's arm the first time at all? I mean, Touma blacked out and all right?
Yeah, I don't think it said anything about his arm getting reattached. Maybe it did grow back. Touma, the human gecko. Losing limbs and regrowing them.
Old 2010-10-07, 02:01   Link #4745
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

A living breathing Gekota turned out to be Touma himself.
What a twist, lol.

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-10-07, 02:39   Link #4746
pampz21
ShipCore

well just like rumors says.....IB grants Touma immunity to death....it also... maybe grants him an high-speed regeneration that surpases Tsuchi's Auto-reg!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-10-07, 05:43   Link #4747
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockeManuel View Post
Adding two more pics

Spoiler for Best pawn ever XD:

Waiting for.. moar spoilers XD
Spoiler for Touma.:
Old 2010-10-07, 05:50   Link #4748
LockeManuel

Oh, another pic:

Spoiler for Mikoto:

Now that I think about it... Mikoto went to a nuclear base, but nobody said something... Did she electrocuted someone? XD

Well, I want the remaining Touma pics XD

Quote:
For some reason it looks like Touma is missing his left arm in that scan.....

Then again it could just be because of the way it's drawn.
Well, there is a hand and the scarf cover the arm, I think...
Something wrong in that pic, it's not well drawn... Waiting for better scan, thought

Last edited by LockeManuel; 2010-10-07 at 06:04. Reason: another typo...
Old 2010-10-07, 05:55   Link #4749
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
well just like rumors says.....IB grants Touma immunity to death....it also... maybe grants him an high-speed regeneration that surpases Tsuchi's Auto-reg!
What ? Does it means death = illusion ?
Quote:
Now that I think about it... Mikoto went to a nuclear base, but nobody said something... Did she electrocuted somone? XD
Did she stopped nuclear or something..?

Old 2010-10-07, 05:58   Link #4750
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
and is it just me or Kamachi sensei announcement of Mikoto would be having major role this coming up novels in vol 20 is just to be left with a scar of gekota strap only and no cellphone or owner of that cellphone.
I think it's the exact opposite, actually. It elevates Mikoto to a particularly important role. I'm sure that once Touma reappears, it will have an profound impact on Mikoto - and who knows, it's not unlikely at all that we'll get a novel describing what Mikoto does to MAKE him reappear. Should Mikoto ever learn that there might be some hope that he's not dead and might be brought back, it would be very much in-character for her to turn the world upside down to make it happen.

It's very much like Kaoru being the one character Kenshin said goodbye to before he left for the Kyouto arc. Authors attribute scenes like that to the designated romantic match, for maximum impact.
Old 2010-10-07, 06:01   Link #4751
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
Spoiler for Touma.:
He's clenching his left fist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
It's very much like Kaoru being the one character Kenshin said goodbye to before he left for the Kyouto arc. Authors attribute scenes like that to the designated romantic match, for maximum impact.
And Touma gets two of those scene; One with Mikoto and the other with Index
Old 2010-10-07, 06:12   Link #4752
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Index is a waste of bitspace. Will she bite his head? Or will she first be relieved, and then for a stupid reason bite his head? I can hardly wait to find out... NOT.

Now, with Mikoto, things might very well be quite different. This is where the real potential for development lies. Not with Index.
Old 2010-10-07, 06:15   Link #4753
LockeManuel

Quote:
and is it just me or Kamachi sensei announcement of Mikoto would be having major role this coming up novels in vol 20 is just to be left with a scar of gekota strap only and no cellphone or owner of that cellphone.
And taking down nuclear missiles, it seems... (unconfirmed, spoilers ignore Mikoto so much XD)
We'll see in vol.23, there is room for her.
Old 2010-10-07, 07:37   Link #4754
AlaAlba

?????

I've not checked this thread for awhile now... and what are these spoilers? Isn't the novel out on 10/10?

???
Old 2010-10-07, 07:41   Link #4755
LockeManuel

Pre-orders have already begun shipping...
Old 2010-10-07, 07:51   Link #4756
Plant42

Quote:
Still I feel the last confession+promise scene with Index(which show such strong bond between the two and deeply feeling from both side)>>>>Mikoto(one side feeling)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Now, with Mikoto, things might very well be quite different. This is where the real potential for development lies. Not with Index.
I can foresee her turning against academy city, but what can she do facing Aleister who is even formidable than that uber hax Fiamma.

P.S Waiting for her dramatic heartbreak scene

Last edited by Plant42; 2010-10-07 at 08:19.
Old 2010-10-07, 08:31   Link #4757
tsunade666

well Kamachi practically put an end to the vol 22 before we even see Mikoto's reaction.

And I got to agree. I like more Mikoto > Index though I still prefer Itsuwa and Lessar but let's face it. Mikoto and Index is the main Heroine specially Index.

And Touma saying Index before banishing is like a big confirmation of feelings.
Old 2010-10-07, 08:37   Link #4758
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
Still I feel the last confession+promise scene with Index(which show such strong bond between the two and deeply feeling from both side)>>>>Mikoto(one side feeling)
Let the guy be, afterall Mikoto is his fav character, what kind of fans doesn't supports their favorite characters?

And yeah, since the jet hijacking incident I also had that feeling about the bond between Index and Touma.

Quote:
I can foresee her turning against academy city, but what can she do facing Aleister who is even formidable than that uber hax Fiamma.

P.S Waiting for her dramatic heartbreak scene
Damn, if MegaFiamma was overwhelmed, curbstomped and then raped by Aleister who in the world can face him without peeing their pants at the first fraction of second!!?!?!

Mmm...

I have some theories about Index and how Fiamma figured the truth about Touma memory loss:

- With the controller Fiamma linked his mind with Index so Fiamma saw through the 103, 000 grimoires but also saw through her memories and thus figured, opposed to Index, that Touma lied in the hospital.

- If that theory is true this also means Index read through Fiamma's mind just like she did with Yamisaka (vol.5) and now she has the info about the Goatskin (more knowledge can able her to read the Book of Law).

- Also, if is true that Laura's control is destroyed already, does this mean that Index is free to use any magic?
Old 2010-10-07, 08:49   Link #4759
Plant42

Now vol.22 is an officially end for the long 'God's Right Seat' chapter(which start from vol.11) and the world will never be the same.

It's really interesting to see which direction will the world(and the war) developed for,
but at least it's seem the infamous Kamijou faction will finally get the remaining three members of 'God's Right Seat' to join.

BTW long time ago there's someone's speculation about the possibility if Fiamma will take a lead role in some part of the story(and the joke about finding and saving one loli) after he got beat up by Touma(same as Accel.)
Old 2010-10-07, 08:52   Link #4760
Miraluka
Banned

Aurrelus/Ollerus and Silvia have about 100 so Fiamma just need to choose one.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen