AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-09, 12:57   Link #7721
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I have no clue how Blizzard could solve that issue without having new models follow asap.
They only need to give the old races new skeletons, not new models for that. Which they have already done for most of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Besides, it's just the Vanilla races getting a revamp. The BC and Cata races are going to stay the same.
I haven't seen anything that said it was Vanilla only. I agree that Cata ones are fine and don't need new models (except maybe Worgen females), but TBC models are almost as bad as vanilla ones.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 13:17   Link #7722
Xacual

Yeah the only thing I can recall them saying was that the vanilla models had priority over the BC ones, not that they didn't intend to do BC races too.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 14:17   Link #7723
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Hmm. You're probably right. I can't turn up anything when searching for blue posts on the subject. Oh well. And egads, Worgen females....don't get me started on that.
Old 2012-05-09, 14:41   Link #7724
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Remember that people wanted the female Worgen to have the Carameldansen.

The tiny female Pandaren tend to have twintails and look like Azusa from K-On.
Old 2012-05-09, 14:44   Link #7725
GDB

Oh, I just have to share this story about how utterly, utterly pathetic the playerbase is becoming.

So I was in a random Battle for Gilneas last night on my Holy Paladin. Someone had that spying addon or whatever, and revealed I was the only healer for the Horde and the Alliance had 3 healers. Based on numbers alone, things aren't looking up. So, we split 4/6 between Mines and Waterworks (or maybe it was 3/7, whatever), and take both with ease. A while into the battleground, we got about 3 people sitting at each node, and 4 traveling between them to fight whatever had a surge against it. Well, I'm sitting at Waterworks, and all of a sudden a Warrior, Death Knight, Hunter, and Shaman come rolling in and try to take the place. I keep the other two up, along with myself, since they're too stupid to attack the only healer first. They soon realize to attack the guy who's keeping everyone topped off, but guess what? A minute later I haven't been interrupted once. By now, the backup arrived and squashed them.

This happens two more times, and I don't get interrupted either time. The third time, the Death Knight finally silences me, but he does it right as they get there so it doesn't really affect me (especially since I had been standing there, casting Holy Shock on cooldown between their surges, so I had a beefy shield on myself plus three charges of Holy Power in the bank).

The only death on the Horde side for that battle was a goblin who decided to see how many of them were sitting at Lighthouse and got a little too close. No one else died, with a single healer. And for reference, I only have about 1400 resilience, which comes out to about 17% damage reduction.
Old 2012-05-09, 14:55   Link #7726
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Whats the state of WoW PvP at the moment? I left the game at the end of season 10, got gladiator and just had nothing else to accomplish. Are rogues still dominating same with Shadow priests? Are holy paladins still unkillable?

Last edited by Ak3mi; 2012-05-27 at 06:07.
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 21:59   Link #7727
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
To be honest, I have encountered less asshats during Wotlk and Cata then Vanilla and TBC. It is a strange stroke of luck on my end then.

My issue is that these attitudes exists in other games (LoL, HoN, TOR, AoC, etc) and even websites (4chan, Youtube, Reddit). For that reason I do not think we can blame LFD for something that has taken over large portions of the internet, including WoW.

Did it open up a new avenue to be rude? Yes, but LFD is just a tool to find players. The fault rests with the community in WoW and in other internet communities, not a tool.
It's hard to fault the community when there's nothing you can do about it
Over on my server, being an ass would often had you end up guildless,
if you were infamous enough, you'd end up PuGless as well because you'd simply be put on ignore by most
Levelling a new toon would take ages again, so people would think twice before pulling stunts and being dicks

Nowadays, there's no backlash for being a dick, reporting will do nothing (unless it's a violation of the game software)
forget warning /trade about buggers like that, since they are on other servers

Did Pre-LFD grow my friends list, post LFD it just increased my ignore list
LFD allowed people to be Anonymous Asses and get away with it (with profit even)
even without forced paid character transfer (which was the only option to start 'clean' in the earlier game)
Old 2012-05-10, 03:13   Link #7728
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Whats the state of WoW PvP at the moment? I left the game at the end of season 8, got gladiator and just had nothing else to accomplish. Are rogues still dominating same with Shadow priests? Are holy paladins still unkillable?
That and Frost DKs are faceroll.
Old 2012-05-10, 03:59   Link #7729
Westlo
Lets be reality

Off course the new models aren't ready, have to maximise those race changes to Pandas... and than after that dries up, hey look, Vanilla models finally look as good as Blood Elves! C'mon guys race change again!

It's a joke it wasn't done ages ago and considering how much money WoW turns over... lol @ not having enough time and resources. More like they wanted people to pay money to switch to races that don't look horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Oh, I just have to share this story about how utterly, utterly pathetic the playerbase is becoming.

So I was in a random Battle for Gilneas last night on my Holy Paladin. Someone had that spying addon or whatever, and revealed I was the only healer for the Horde and the Alliance had 3 healers. Based on numbers alone, things aren't looking up. So, we split 4/6 between Mines and Waterworks (or maybe it was 3/7, whatever), and take both with ease. A while into the battleground, we got about 3 people sitting at each node, and 4 traveling between them to fight whatever had a surge against it. Well, I'm sitting at Waterworks, and all of a sudden a Warrior, Death Knight, Hunter, and Shaman come rolling in and try to take the place. I keep the other two up, along with myself, since they're too stupid to attack the only healer first. They soon realize to attack the guy who's keeping everyone topped off, but guess what? A minute later I haven't been interrupted once. By now, the backup arrived and squashed them.

This happens two more times, and I don't get interrupted either time. The third time, the Death Knight finally silences me, but he does it right as they get there so it doesn't really affect me (especially since I had been standing there, casting Holy Shock on cooldown between their surges, so I had a beefy shield on myself plus three charges of Holy Power in the bank).

The only death on the Horde side for that battle was a goblin who decided to see how many of them were sitting at Lighthouse and got a little too close. No one else died, with a single healer. And for reference, I only have about 1400 resilience, which comes out to about 17% damage reduction.
I don't get it, what's the difference from 5 years ago?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 07:05   Link #7730
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
That Recuit-A-Friend that's giving people free level 80s and LFR have dumbed down the player base. There is no denying it.

Meh, haven't played in months and not hearing any major reasons to come back.
Old 2012-05-10, 07:16   Link #7731
Xacual

A lot of the stuff in MoP is sounding really good to me so I'll definitely get it and play for a few months at least.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-05-10, 07:20   Link #7732
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
A lot of the stuff in MoP is sounding really good to me so I'll definitely get it and play for a few months at least.
List, I'm not that aware of them. Pokemon battles don't count btw. My subscription goes until late this year from memory, so I have the option to check it out. But I have WAY less time now than I did in previous expansions.
Old 2012-05-10, 07:33   Link #7733
Xacual

Challenge Dungeons, Scenarios, Pokemon Battles , new raids and world bosses. Not to mention since it's kind of redundant but the new continent itself. It should easily give me a couple months of play time, even Cata gave me half a year.

Old 2012-05-10, 07:57   Link #7734
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
They actually have interrupts to use now, and yet still didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
List, I'm not that aware of them.
Leveling as a Shockadin will be viable. That's more than enough! But also, the entire continent looks beautiful beyond belief. Remember how amazing Northrend looked compared to Outland? Pandaria looks just as amazing, if not moreso compared to Cataclysm zones and even Northrend.
Old 2012-05-10, 08:35   Link #7735
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
They actually have interrupts to use now, and yet still didn't.
Let's be somewhat fair to the playerbase though, the state of WoW PvP in Cata was terrible. They really didn't devote much resource time to it at all, or the expansion overall (after launch). I think once they realized Cata didn't go over as well as Wrath, they went back to the drawing board and chalked up Cata as a failed experiment and just did enough to keep it going. The sub drops are a good indication of that. The 1-60 content is great, but that's not enough to hold a subscriber base that is more focused on end game content.

As for WoW's community...no, it's pretty much always been filled with idiots. I do pug, quite a bit, but I've always made sure to get into a guild that had fun people to talk to. It's helped a lot. Even so, my average pug run isn't terrible. The people are usually competent and occasionally fun (talking in a dungeon?! blasphemy!), and I'd say the ratio of good players outweighs the bad. PvP on the other hand....yeah. Don't do a random for serious business, you'll just get pissed at the incompetence (like not attacking the obvious healers). Horde or Alliance, it doesn't matter. The grass isn't greener.
Old 2012-05-10, 09:03   Link #7736
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Let's be somewhat fair to the playerbase though, the state of WoW PvP in Cata was terrible.
Playerbase is fighting a healer. Playerbase has interrupts to stop said healer from healing. Playerbase fails to do so, despite there being four of them, and they fail to dent the healer. How is this Blizzard's fault? Even if the state of PvP is suboptimal, that's no excuse for players being complete morons.
Old 2012-05-10, 10:41   Link #7737
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
That and Frost DKs are faceroll.
The Gladiator was on my Dk So really nothing has changed, its still the same old WoW. Blergh is all I have to say.
Old 2012-05-10, 11:50   Link #7738
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Playerbase is fighting a healer. Playerbase has interrupts to stop said healer from healing. Playerbase fails to do so, despite there being four of them, and they fail to dent the healer. How is this Blizzard's fault? Even if the state of PvP is suboptimal, that's no excuse for players being complete morons.
I said somewhat fair. Yes there are things players should do, but think about it from the players perspective too. Do you know how many games I've played where the number of healers determines who wins? That is poor balance. It shouldn't require "raid strategies" to take down healers, but it often does. If you get into a game where your side isn't as well geared as the other, especially their healer(s), it can be an uphill battle even if your whole team is on the ball. PvP is a lot like PvE, in that you need to be geared, coordinated, and able to execute strategies on the fly. This doesn't lend itself well to random groups of strangers, which is why it seems like Rbgs and LFR/LFG are "dumbed down". Of course, if you throw a bunch of monkeys in a room with typewriters, you'll eventually get Shakespeare, but that's not exactly an ideal process.
Old 2012-05-10, 12:12   Link #7739
GDB

But none of them were interrupting. It's not like they just had bad timing and I could heal up between their interrupts. Not a single one was interrupting. This wasn't throwing a bunch of monkeys in a room with typewriters and hoping for Shakespeare, it was throwing a bunch of monkeys in a room with bananas and hoping for Shakespeare.
Old 2012-05-10, 12:38   Link #7740
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That is when you need a warlock. While fear ward will stop some of our items...Shadowfury will still stun you and Curse of Tongues will make those good heals take longer.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows