AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-23, 14:38   Link #21
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet

But... just 13 episodes? Aww...
11, actually... According to moonphase, anyway. That's probably for the best, since there's only 3 volumes worth of manga out there. If you don't want any filler, this is the way to go.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 18:05   Link #22
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
11, actually... According to moonphase, anyway. That's probably for the best, since there's only 3 volumes worth of manga out there. If you don't want any filler, this is the way to go.
So... 11 is the new 12, huh? 8)

Seriously, what is it with Fuji TV and 11 episodes? I understand why some channels sacrifice a week of programming for some special event (truncating a coul from 13 to 12), but now they are cutting off an additional week?

PS: I just realized that besides Rie Tanaka, this series has Kazuya Nakai, Yuji Ueda and Atsuko Tanaka! That is so awesome!
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 21:09   Link #23
wao
OK.

WTF?!!! Kazuya Nakai and Atsuko Tanaka?

That completely rocks! Even more reason to watch this show with an interesting premise... I'm really eager to watch it now - but let's just hope it doesn't go the way of that other 11 episode Noitanima show...

But yeah, I don't know why they want to cut it so short. I guess they really want to keep it very compact. Which can be a good thing in some cases, I guess...
Old 2006-09-24, 14:45   Link #24
solomon

hmmm, nice trailer, im interested in watching the show. Despite me being primarliy epic adventure type guy (and allergic to most shojo). I must concend that all of the previous Noitamina shows were good watches IMHO (Parakiss and H and C especially). I only remember Tanaka Rei as Yomi from Azumanga, so it'll be interesting to hear her in this kind of role. Plus we got Atsuko Tanaka and Kazuya Nakai (very nice seiyuu) on board too. I haven't seen the manga but Anno's designs look very strikingly stylized and elegant at the same time. This seems like the rawest example of a show aimed at Noita's demographic so it'll be interesting to see how it'll turn out.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 12:01   Link #25
mippa
Mahou Shoujo~!

Send a message via AIM to mippa Send a message via MSN to mippa Send a message via Yahoo to mippa
Yes! The trailer is out now. Check it out! The first episode premieres on October 12th!
mippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 21:45   Link #26
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I suppose it's about time to move this thread to the Fansub section since there is a torrent listed for the promo in Asuki's main page. Yay!

The surprising thing for me is that Arienai has subbed the promo which made me wonder if the good folks in Arienai realize there will not be any magical beings in Hataraki Man. j/k I'm just glad they have shown interest in subbing this potentially very good show since I'm a huge fan of their encoding in general.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 22:40   Link #27
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
I suppose it's about time to move this thread to the Fansub section since there is a torrent listed for the promo in Asuki's main page. Yay!

The surprising thing for me is that Arienai has subbed the promo which made me wonder if the good folks in Arienai realize there will not be any magical beings in Hataraki Man. j/k I'm just glad they have shown interest in subbing this potentially very good show since I'm a huge fan of their encoding in general.
But, it's called "Hataraki MAN!" Doesn't that mean Hiro transforms into some brightly colored spandex warrior to fight evildoers?

I've been decieved!~!!

And I might remind you Arienai has subbed Tide Line Blue and Ginban Kaleidoscope, both of which didn't really feature any magical transformations .
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-09-27, 00:28   Link #28
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I was collared by rooboy666 and told this was my kind of sashimi and I should troop over here. Looks quite interesting so far and being totally unaware of the manga means I'll just be able to get a clean impression of the anime as it stands.
Old 2006-09-27, 00:30   Link #29
mippa
Mahou Shoujo~!

Send a message via AIM to mippa Send a message via MSN to mippa Send a message via Yahoo to mippa
*laughs* Yes, I managed to use some rather convincing threa--er--arguements to get Quarkboy to pick this puppy up...I was so afraid that if we didn't do it, no one would! T_T
mippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 01:34   Link #30
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
But, it's called "Hataraki MAN!" Doesn't that mean Hiro transforms into some brightly colored spandex warrior to fight evildoers?
And let me guess... s(he) will be wearing a HAT, right? 8)
Old 2006-09-27, 03:18   Link #31
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mippa
*laughs* Yes, I managed to use some rather convincing threa--er--arguements to get Quarkboy to pick this puppy up...I was so afraid that if we didn't do it, no one would! T_T
If I had a different personality I'd be saying "I love you"...

Even if this show somehow manages to suck at least someone's subbing a show that features (hopefully) mature and more realistic women and, y'know, problems that working people face.
Old 2006-09-27, 03:43   Link #32
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
a show that features (hopefully) mature and more realistic women
Yes, yes, she is quite mature. 8)

That comment in the trailer made me laugh. 8)
Old 2006-09-27, 07:12   Link #33
wao
OK.

D'oh!! I didn't meant it that way, but LOL. That's a hilarious thing to put there (I haven't watched the trailer yet...)

Doesn't 元巨乳 mean "used to be large-busted", though?
Old 2006-09-27, 07:54   Link #34
Sunsh
a.k.a Arsen

Any shoujo-ai/yuri implication? I'm searching for one yuri series for fall...

And what is this anime about? Only about this big-breasted girl?
Sunsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 07:58   Link #35
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

I think the "large-breasted" part is just tongue-in-cheek. It's not really about that.

And no yuri here, or so it seams. Again, it's a different type of show: it's about life, not fanservice.
Old 2006-09-27, 08:54   Link #36
wao
OK.

Your closest bet is probably RED GARDEN (a whole host of girls and a mystery/suspense kind of story, set in New York, though it doesn't seem typically fanservicey), and maybe Sasami Mahou Shoujo Club season 2.

Actually how about we list all the anime in the whole moe kind of genre (I don't have a good word to describe it)

I'm not entirely sure about some of these but...

-Sumomomomo Momomo (prolly?)
-Galaxy Angel II
-Tokimeki Memorial Only Love
-Negima!?
-Happiness!
-Rabudoru - Lovely Idol-
-Yoake Mae Yori Ruriiro na
-Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru
-Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!
-Kanon
-Gift
-Kujibiki Unbalance
-Sasami 2
-Soukou no Strain (? partly)

Arrr, I'm saved by Hataraki Man alright...
Old 2006-09-27, 09:28   Link #37
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Galaxy Angel II? That's a game. Unless it's been confirmed for anime as well and I just haven't heard about it.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 11:41   Link #38
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Not that I won't look at the moe shows and the SF shows and a couple of the evil monster shows, but this does look like the one series that might have a whiff of Honey & Clover about it. From the preview it looks like it might be H&C on caffeine. It's about a hard-working woman editor.

But I always find that there are more good shows in a season than it seems during this pre-season period of hope and doubt.

As for yuri, the closest thing seems to be Otome wa Boku ni Koi Shiteru, but the main "girl" is a guy in drag, and it's really a moe show. There may be some real yuri feelings in Red Garden, but as wao said, probably no actual fanservice.

And yes, Galaxy Angel II now has spun off an anime (Sunday nights at 1 am).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 13:00   Link #39
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
D'oh!! I didn't meant it that way, but LOL. That's a hilarious thing to put there (I haven't watched the trailer yet...)

Doesn't 元巨乳 mean "used to be large-busted", though?

Actually, that's a pretty "new" word, it's not in any dictionary. If you google it, you mainly get links to hataraki-man sites .

I'm pretty convinced it means "originally giant breasts", which is supposed to contrast "fake giant breasts" (i.e. ones that you didn't have "originally")

But why are we arguing about THIS topic?
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-09-27, 13:19   Link #40
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
But why are we arguing about THIS topic?
Oh, that's because the fascination with breasts (especially large breasts) are never ending!

Btw, I enjoyed Tide Line Blue.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noitamina, office, seinen