AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-01-26, 14:16   Link #1
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Left 4 Dead

Well , i think its the first thread for this game (maybe i'm wrong but i didn't find the thread ) So , I plays Left 4 dead a few days ago and i find its a great game , specialy if you plays with friends or on the net its great and funny
So , there are 4 peoples who fight against Zombies and special infected and have to escape the city .
You can also play a mod who is "versus" and you can be both zombies and peoples !

Here the official site : http://www.l4d.com/game.htm

The blog :

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=2081

Its really a good game from Valve

Here http://www.l4dmods.com/ its a site where some fans is working on news maps and mods !

Here http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/games/222 A site where fans change their skins !

Good Luck and have fun !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 14:37   Link #2
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Aah yesh I love this game too!
zombies scare the living bejezus out of me so I decided to play this after seeing some youtube videos of the gameplay, it is quite entertaining however I am still to chicken to take the lead =P
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 14:38   Link #3
Maikeru-
*Graphic Designer

its very fun game got addictedstraight away!!
Old 2009-01-26, 16:35   Link #4
windstar!~
C'est la vie...

Send a message via MSN to windstar!~
I didn't like it that much, was fun but after a while it got pretty boring.
windstar!~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 16:42   Link #5
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , if you have some friends its very pleasant , you can have good times and even if your friends aren't connected , you can play with some peoples who are friendly ^^
The campaign mode expert , advanced is very pleasant and the versus too
I looking forward for the next patch who contains more maps in versus , the sdk tools (for create maps ) etc ....
Old 2009-01-26, 18:22   Link #6
xYuki
P.A.N.D.O.R.A
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to xYuki
i love this game.. but i want to get it by my self.. i dont have a installer. T_T
xYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 21:24   Link #7
gigaloki
The Silent Ninja Perv

Send a message via Yahoo to gigaloki
hey! this game is pretty cool... xD TOTAL PWNAGE!!

YURINESS

NeverGiveUpPH
gigaloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 22:32   Link #8
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Against everything I love to hate about zombies as a B-Movie concept and as a cop out fallback for movie villains when writers don't want to have to worry about developing that which is menacing the protagonists, I like this game. It works well as a multiplayer game, though it only works well as a multiplayer game. Anybody who has XBox Live can add me to their team if they want. Just send a friend invite to "Kaioshin Sama Z" minus the quotations of course. I'll only go as far as Advanced difficulty wise though as expert is just nonsense unless you are playing versus.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 22:36   Link #9
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My family, friends, and I have the PC version ... this is a GREAT party game (LAN party that is).

Yes, more maps needed.... I take it there isn't a map editor available so far.

My only complaint with the single player is with the team AI.... they're relatively good but they haven't the slightest clue about "STAND RIGHT HERE while I go set up the gas can"....

Favorite fan art so far...

Skins would be fun (looking to play Largo from Megatokyo versus the zombies....). Thanks to the OP for pointing out the modkit sites.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-01-27 at 01:19.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 22:56   Link #10
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Add me. Steam ID HelloKathy, should show up as "Full Frontal".
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 00:06   Link #11
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
My family, friends, and I have the PC version ... this is a GREAT party game (LAN party that is).

My only complaint with the single player is with the team AI.... they're relatively good but they haven't the slightest clue about "STAND RIGHT HERE while I go set up the gas can"....

Skins would be fun (looking to play Largo from Megatokyo versus the zombies....).
They also like to heal you after you take about a quarter of their health bar in damage which pretty much wastes the first aid kit.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 00:17   Link #12
klowny
OH NO

The game is pretty fun online, especially if your a Hunter and you jump on people Tankers are fun to kill and witches are hard to kill without a Molotov
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 01:51   Link #13
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
I disappeared from Steam games for two months and when I came back, all my Day of Defeat Source and Team Fortress 2 friends have moved on to this zombie shooter. Fifty bucks is quite a bit for a game like this. They'll testify that it's a great game, but I don't like the 4 or 8 player limitation, as I like the noise of a full, crowded server of the games previously mentioned.

Furthermore, I don't have the heart to handle Half-Life 2. So I certainly can't handle this.
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 02:14   Link #14
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think the game is more fun with a dedicated local server and all your friends in the same room. Lots of hooting, shouting, and screams (some of our most ardent local fans are female though I'd bet I've heard the guys scream a bit too).

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-01-27 at 02:25.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 09:28   Link #15
plmko

This game is very fun, but unfortunately only fun if you are playing with friends. When I play in public servers people never play as a team and always charge ahead often ruining the game or causing people to rage-quit.

Fortunately I've learnt to only play with friends we have 4v4 "versus" matches all the time and its a blast!
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 09:38   Link #16
xYuki
P.A.N.D.O.R.A
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to xYuki
here's some screenshot

Spoiler for SS:
xYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 12:46   Link #17
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris View Post
I disappeared from Steam games for two months and when I came back, all my Day of Defeat Source and Team Fortress 2 friends have moved on to this zombie shooter. Fifty bucks is quite a bit for a game like this. They'll testify that it's a great game, but I don't like the 4 or 8 player limitation, as I like the noise of a full, crowded server of the games previously mentioned.

Furthermore, I don't have the heart to handle Half-Life 2. So I certainly can't handle this.
It's not scary in the least. Most games you play will have allies talking 24/7. The zombies aren't realistic, aren't scary, and the only thing that would EVER surprise you is if a hunter jumped on you, and even that is preceded by a very loud, unscary scream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmko View Post
This game is very fun, but unfortunately only fun if you are playing with friends. When I play in public servers people never play as a team and always charge ahead often ruining the game or causing people to rage-quit.

Fortunately I've learnt to only play with friends we have 4v4 "versus" matches all the time and its a blast!
I fail at convincing my WoW nerd friends to get this game. It doesn't help that Valve refuses to price-drop this game.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 14:07   Link #18
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

Skins would be fun (looking to play Largo from Megatokyo versus the zombies....). Thanks to the OP for pointing out the modkit sites.
Oh my god , its a great pic oh yeah ^^ need more !!! And think some fans will make a smoker who rape zoey with his tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by klowny View Post
The game is pretty fun online, especially if your a Hunter and you jump on people Tankers are fun to kill and witches are hard to kill without a Molotov
Ahah i give you a hint for witch :

Take the shotgun , when you see a witch , pay attention she's not standing or looking at you , go quicly behind her , and shot his head = one shot = kill Good luck and have fun ^^
Old 2009-01-28, 09:19   Link #19
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post

....... It doesn't help that Valve refuses to price-drop this game.
You must have missed the 50% off steam deal at the start of this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Oh my god , its a great pic oh yeah ^^ need more !!! And think some fans will make a smoker who rape zoey with his tongue
Actually there is a pic like that: Zoeys getting tangled by the smoker, screaming "guys help!," but only having the rest of the crew staring and drooling. Funny picture but unfortunately I can't find it again. I'm sure its floating around somewhere.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 14:01   Link #20
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If you can imagine it, someone on the Internet has tried to draw it (heh).

Tags
fps, valve, windows, xbox360, zombie