AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 15 17.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 29.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 31.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 17.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-28, 18:00   Link #101
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Hei's behavior is inconsistent because he showed no qualms about killing an unconscious August back in episode 2. The reason he was not the the one to kill her was simply because he needs to be vindicated in Suou's eyes for most of his actions.
He stopped when Suou yelled out to stop. (probably just a temporary distraction though) Then he didnt kill Tannya back in episode 3 because Suou was crying. But as I said, here he would have killed Tanya in defense of Suou, and we all know he wouldn't have a problem killing a bad guy to defend someone.

And I'm with Kaoru Chujo; Suou's development has been consistent so far and I'm happy with it.

And talking/debating about whether or not a body floats when dead in anime is another one of those "bringing too much realism into a fictionated television production" situations. I doubt it changes the fact that Tanya kicked.
Old 2009-11-28, 18:04   Link #102
Hobbit
. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Didn't he tell her that as long as she has that fragment, he will find her? I think it was in ep. 1.
Exactly. In ep. 1 he guiged her throught the house, like he was aware of the whereabouts of all agents or like he has foresaw the future.

Maybe he shot Tanya to make Suou part from Hei? @__@ Let's wait to see, but I've the feeling that Shion is the key of the story, and Suou will make the "final decision", like shooting Shion in the end.

If Suou is a doll and Shion can control she, maybe he even can control Yin... LOL I don't have any proof that lead this way
Old 2009-11-28, 19:19   Link #103
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
And talking/debating about whether or not a body floats when dead in anime is another one of those "bringing too much realism into a fictionated television production" situations. I doubt it changes the fact that Tanya kicked.
But it makes for a nice discussion. How many titles have even brought this up?

Not too mention, how many pieces Tanya is suppose to be in after getting hit with an AT rifle round.

Fun stuff.
Old 2009-11-28, 19:26   Link #104
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But it makes for a nice discussion. How many titles have even brought this up?

Not too mention, how many pieces Tanya is suppose to be in after getting hit with an AT rifle round.

Fun stuff.
The cockroaches were obviously acting as a barrier shield which reduced the impact.
Old 2009-11-28, 20:45   Link #105
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ow , i forgot to say , something was weird for the bullet's impact .
If you look closer on Tanya , the impact is like Suou's rifle direction .
But , Shion wasn't in the same direction , he was at Tanya's left side .
Shouldn't the bullet cross Tanya's body on the left ?
Old 2009-11-28, 23:04   Link #106
Bombo
TSF Fans

I'm very happy gai and kiko will be back next episode <3 <3\...
Old 2009-11-28, 23:31   Link #107
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Okay let's stop talking about this whole sinking or floating thing...really. If we really want to talk about what would be "real", shouldn't we talk about how Tanya only managed to have such a small chunk of her blown off? I mean, that's an anti-tank rifle we're talking about...that thing should've (upon impact) blown her in half, if not more.

Forks and knives, forks and knives. Before Hei's might, neither food nor foe stand a chance.

"Like crap man. You don't see that every day. I mean that doesn't seem possible with all those body organs and cartilage and bones. I mean I'm no doctor or nothin' but that was like one clean chunk."

We've got a Russian magical girl summoning an anti-tank rifle over here. No, I think you'll fit in just fine.
Old 2009-11-29, 00:31   Link #108
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I myself find Suou at least as cool as Hei, but in a much different way. She's not the knowledgeable fighter, she's the ordinary person -- you or me -- suddenly thrust into a strange situation and coming to terms with it pretty quickly. And she has even more feelings than Hei, and expresses them more clearly, which I like. I find her character totally riveting, myself. But I know different people like different things.
Agreed completely. This is the reason why I liked her character from episode one.

Quote:
I thought Suou kept developing on exactly the same lines she has been all along. She becomes a bit more determined and self-starting, while still yearning for things from her old life, and not being fully committed to contractor life, as well as having complex feelings toward Hei and his orders.
Yes I might have overexaggerated a bit. Still they're twisting her character in various directions really fast. 3 episodes ago she couldn't kill a crane and now she pointed a gun at her friend and the only reason she didn't shoot seemed to be because she remebered what Hei said. Not the time she spent with Tanya not anything connected with her but the words "don't shoot" . That was quite different from the moment where Suou hugged her in the train and said she that Tanya was her firend which in terms was quite the step from the impailing with glass part in the previous episode.
That moment felt really strange for some reason since Tanya wasn really doing anything to hurt Suou - just stop her. The bugs were just flying around. It felt like a "I'll beat you up and bring you back" moment when Suou pointed her rifle.

Quote:
As for killing off Tanya, that was done at a reasonable moment. Her role was to create a link to the old life, as well as to show another path of contractor development and to show Suou's goodness and feelings. I loved the scene where Suou embraced her. But even though Tanya is a more classic contractor, still some of her old feelings linger. I don't consider her a "main" character.
I don't consider her a main character either but I considered her an important one because of the contrast you mentioned. As the only character that could connect Suou to her happy past it was a big letdown to end like this. That was mostly because it could have played out in a very different way that would have had more impact on character development and probably have more of dark and gloomy atmosphere.
This felt rushed and both the pool and Shion sniping scenes felt too convinient thus a bit unnatural.

And again the fact they're killing off every new contractor really fast is a bit annoying since we actually only get character development for Suou and some for Hei and none for everyone else.

Well depending on how they handle it in the next few episode it might turn out just fine. At the moment though it still doesn't feel like it. Or at least not for me.

Quote:
As for people not noticing that the shot came from another direction, I don't believe any of them were within sight when the shot was fired, and once the body was in the water, they didn't know its original orientation.
Hah well yes but still there was no hole in the ground where the body should have been. That was nothing major though and I don't believe anyone cares about it

That's the reason I don't vote right after I watch the episode. I don't see some of the good points in it that are sometimes pointed out by others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
"Like crap man. You don't see that every day. I mean that doesn't seem possible with all those body organs and cartilage and bones. I mean I'm no doctor or nothin' but that was like one clean chunk."
I believe that was first because the shot was off and second the ammo is for tank armor thus it will just go through her body like a piece of paper.
Old 2009-11-29, 00:34   Link #109
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:

And again the fact they're killing off every new contractor really fast is a bit annoying since we actually only get character development for Suou and some for Hei and none for everyone else.
There's still Genma and Hazuki if it makes you feel better.
Old 2009-11-29, 00:44   Link #110
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Ow , i forgot to say , something was weird for the bullet's impact .
If you look closer on Tanya , the impact is like Suou's rifle direction .
But , Shion wasn't in the same direction , he was at Tanya's left side .
Shouldn't the bullet cross Tanya's body on the left ?
I believe Shion was on the grassy knoll.
Old 2009-11-29, 01:40   Link #111
Shibataea

All I want to know is whether or not Shion was still wearing that skirt.

That's all I want to know.
Old 2009-11-29, 01:40   Link #112
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I believe Shion was on the grassy knoll.
AHAHHAHAHAHAH!!! You just killed me there. XDDDD
Old 2009-11-29, 04:52   Link #113
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Considering the main focus is Suou and her development as a contractor and that we're only having a 12-episode series, I don't really see the point of wasting time on other contractors and their development, it really seems irrelevant to me to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised seeing people complain about the series focusing more on side characters than the main characters if they really did some background and development for other contractors.

We're only 4-episodes away from the ending, considering Tanya got killed at the 8th episode, I don't really see a problem with it and I'm surprised she didn't get killed earlier. What she did to Norio was irreversible and her powers disgusted me as well.
Old 2009-11-29, 06:32   Link #114
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Sorry to detract from your regular discussion, but... someone pointed out that Misaki was rewinding the audio despite what the accompanying animation (seeker position and track movement) was telling us. I looked back to the last episode of S1 and found out that that part of the boss's speech was at the end of the recording, so it is highly likely that it was indeed being played in reverse (they made a mistake in animating the software's GUI).

Anyway, I made a reversed version of the recording:

Quote:
Rough translation: You, who are listening to this.

Credit goes to GerrardW for interpretation and translation.

Audio taken from DTB Season 2 Ep08, near the end. This is part of the recording of Misaki's Boss's confession regarding the syndicate back in the last episode of Season 1. I think the voice in this clip comes from Amber.

Even though the seeker in the video shows it being played forward, that particular part of his speech was near the end of the recording, so Misaki might have been rewinding it instead at 10x speed. Once again, slowing it down to 10% didn't make much sense.
Your own interpretations are welcome. Same goes for the other (non-reversed) one in my previous post.
Old 2009-11-29, 09:58   Link #115
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Pulling a Cloverfield on us?

Not too much is prob on that tape then imo. Just enough to whet the appetite I bet.
Old 2009-11-29, 21:09   Link #116
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
probably the worst episode of the series so far.

also not too sure how i feel about Yin now having contractor powers.
Old 2009-11-29, 21:19   Link #117
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
also not too sure how i feel about Yin now having contractor powers.
Nobody said anything about Yin having Contractor powers. They only said that for the past few years, there's been an increase in Contractor "suicides," and the cause has been traced to a doll. (obviously Yin as inferred by the episode)
Old 2009-11-29, 21:43   Link #118
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Holy shit! That was crazy. I got owned too. I thought Tanya was going to come around after getting splashed in the water but then...BANG...and that was over.

I thought I learned my lesson from the first season with getting attached and being hopeful. lol.

Anyway, the story is moving along nicely. I really want to know what happened with Hei & Yin though.
Old 2009-11-29, 22:58   Link #119
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Very nice episode. Plot advancement and ties up a few plot point. Suou finally confronted Tanya and I'm glad finally Tanya bit it. I couldn't feel any sympathy for her as Tanya changed too much and too cruel as soon as she became a contractor.

I'm pleased to see Hei's old eating habbits returned and he got to kick ass. And even better, looks like next episode he's having a hair cut and shaved!

More about Yin as Izanami and how everyone wants. The secret in the tape is definitely Amber. This will be great!
Old 2009-11-29, 23:35   Link #120
Vulcannis

Is this the first time Hei has admitted to killing Suou's father?

Also, I don't think that Yin's power is literally suicide inducement. I still think she takes control of their powers and actually does the killing. From the result it might look like the contractor used their powers to kill themselves, but the contractor Yin killed back in 6 did not seem to be using her powers when she died.

Also there's a fairly easy reason for Shion being able to find Suou--she's still wearing the necklace that he gave her, isn't she? There could be some kind of tracking device in there at the least.
Closed Thread