AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note - Episode 37 Rating
Perfect 10 208 44.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 79 16.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 55 11.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 37 7.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 22 4.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 9 1.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 39 8.30%
Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-30, 12:10   Link #321
finalventje
Your ecchi, give it to me

Thx for the reply.

Seems i had forgotten about Light intentionally trying to get L to suspect the police, it has been a couple of months ago that i saw the episode . I get forgetfull from watching to many anime.
Old 2007-08-08, 09:07   Link #322
Hiking_Bear

The ending was good. Light finally got what was coming to him, although I kind of wanted them to keep in the part where Ryuuk calls him a loser and doesn't kill N for him. An alternate ending where Light won would have sucked. We already sort of got that type of ending when L died and it really brought down the series for a while.

Btw, I still think that L>Light. First of all, Light was fortunate enough to meet a second DN user who was totally in love with him. And secondly, he was lucky that Rem was willing to sacrifice herself for Amane. Without the help from the Shinigami and Amane, Light would have been found out much earlier. After L obtained the notebook, everything made sense except the 13-day rule. Once L exposed that rule, he would probably have Light arrested again, since he knew about the memory loss rule.

However, I think L could have protected himself better by making it clear that if he were killed, then Yagami Light would also be killed. But I think it's because L's morality is different from Light's, so he won't operate like that.
Old 2007-08-20, 22:37   Link #323
andromeda0201

I'm not a manga reader but I've been more or less spoilt by the 'swimming lessons' ending. Even then I liked this episode a lot, maybe its because of the superb voice acting, maybe also because of the tension build-up....overall it was great.
I don't particularly like Near compared to L but then I didn't want Light to win either, someone had to bring him down, and it was either Near or Ryuk which had to do that, can't stand another O or P appearing
The part where he was running was really sad in a way too....its like he suddenly became totally normal, nothing left, no one beside him, no longer god-like and the L image appearing at the end was a nice touch too
It was a brilliant ride, I enjoyed it a lot
Old 2007-08-22, 16:07   Link #324
hierophant
anime freak

I got extremely shocked and saddened to the unfair way Naomi Misora (Raye Penber's wife) got thashed. Light killed her lover and made her go through a psychological hell for 48 hours before killing herself alone in some dark dirty corner where no one go. And he made all this with a smile in his face, enjoying his power.

But, God, that last ep made for it all!!! I couldn't be more happy for it.

Spoiler for episode 37 comments:
Old 2007-08-22, 16:17   Link #325
Echoes

Well, there was a way, they followed Mikami to his bankbox and realized he kept the real one there, then quickly dealt with the matter. Mello was the tragic hero who had to die for the cause. What I have trouble believing isn't that it happened, but that Mello was able to predict such an event. L dying is regrettable, I wished he could have stayed alive as well, but I'm not saying it's bad writing, it's just not fitting to my personal preference.

About Amane Misa, I probably shouldn't say anything in this thread just to be sure, but the manga explains in details what happens, if you ever want to find out, or just PM me.
Old 2007-08-24, 09:59   Link #326
Breakdown

Whoever says that Light was lucky to meet Misa and have her death god kill L and so on, think again. Light could have taken the deal of the Death Gods and killed L without even so much as meeting any allies. The way it ended for Light is tragic, if he had taken the deal, the only time he'd lose would have been spent in prison. It is lucky that he met them, but it's also lucky for the Kira opposers that Light never made the deal.

One thing that bothers me is that by killing L, Rem extended Misa's lifespan. However, Rem kills Watari first. Killing Watari should alone extend Misa's lifespan and cause the Death God to die before being able to write L's name.

When I first started to watch Death Note Anime, I was certain that Light would eventually be aware of his way to insanity and then write down his own name in the Death Note. Should I be even more frank, when Light is caught being Kira, I expected Light to realize his defeat and ask Ryuko to write down Light's name in his Death Note.

Being honest, I was marginally disappointed with the ending. I wanted to see results from the judgements while at the same time how a person with extraordinary intellect could gain supremacy even when up against capable opponents.

Finally, Light did really win the duel of wits. Or at least, he won more than he lost. He managed to kill two out of three of those needed to stop him using less allies. This means Kira was more compitent than any of his opponents, but he was just out-numbered.
Old 2007-09-09, 09:07   Link #327
hierophant
anime freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakdown View Post
Being honest, I was marginally disappointed with the ending. I wanted to see results from the judgements while at the same time how a person with extraordinary intellect could gain supremacy even when up against capable opponents.
But the anime/manga show the result of the judgments! After L dies, the story jump to few years later there Kira is already law in Japan. The police quickly stop pursuing kira and acknowledge him. Crimes drop far low, but people live by fear of being suddenly killed. The anime even show families crying for their dead victims, arrested criminals crying for not being exposed to media, and people threatening others for putting their names on internet to be killed by kira. The scenes showing the people's reaction are few, but it is there. And there is even the Kira TV, with armed security and permission to kill. Did you missed that???

Also, Light's reaction is very understandable. His only motivation to be Kira was to change the world and rule it (as a God). NOTE: In his mind, he was ALREADY a God! (it is clearly shown even before L's death) It is quite astonishing for the person who think himself as an undefeatable God to be suddenly busted and shot down. Also note we wanted to rule the new world he created as a God, so he didn't wanted to die. There wouldn't be any sense at all for him to write his own name in Death Note.
Old 2007-09-14, 18:39   Link #328
GutZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakdown View Post
Finally, Light did really win the duel of wits. Or at least, he won more than he lost. He managed to kill two out of three of those needed to stop him using less allies. This means Kira was more compitent than any of his opponents, but he was just out-numbered.
Out wit? He had Godly powers...Misa could of killed L without a sweat, that doesnt mean Misa was superior to L. he was definitely smarter then Light...I really don't need to point out why...because I feel its painfully obvious and you all should know it.
Old 2007-09-14, 23:05   Link #329
DarknessFaLLs
Eliminate! Eliminate!
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to DarknessFaLLs Send a message via Yahoo to DarknessFaLLs
its perfect!.. but i vote good -_-
Old 2007-09-22, 02:42   Link #330
ScytheBlade
Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to ScytheBlade
The ending was crap. Light deserved much better than that.
Old 2007-09-22, 07:19   Link #331
Echoes

A sadistic, grandiose, murderous man with a God-complex deserved much better? Are you judging him based on his intellect alone?

I would have thought it'd be very interesting if Light actually defeated everyone, but I can't agree with you when you say he deserved it by any means.
Old 2007-09-25, 05:59   Link #332
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
why do people stick with morals?(they suck)
the world we live in needs a real KIRA
Old 2007-09-30, 11:53   Link #333
hierophant
anime freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
Then we would need some other Kira to kill the Kira.
Old 2007-10-01, 03:14   Link #334
Renchan

Quote:
And real L.
We don't need anyone like Kira in our world. We only need real Death Note
Old 2007-10-02, 12:23   Link #335
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renchan View Post
And real L.
We don't need anyone like Kira in our world. We only need real Death Note
Sigh, have a read at this article then.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-to-death-note

Someone do...wants to be Kira, i suppose...
Old 2007-10-02, 16:18   Link #336
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce View Post

All violent anime banned in 3....... 2.........
Old 2007-10-03, 05:37   Link #337
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce View Post

He's!.......................................... A noob
we're lucky that this series is over that delay on higurashi was cuz by something like this
axe girl owns dad
Old 2007-10-03, 06:53   Link #338
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
He's!.......................................... A noob
we're lucky that this series is over that delay on higurashi was cuz by something like this
axe girl owns dad
1. Light didn't call himself Kira.
2. He's supposed to say that he's justice!
Old 2007-10-03, 08:34   Link #339
Echoes

Light probably also knew how to spell. ~~

Not that any of this is funny, really. It is quite sad, if it's true.
Old 2007-11-03, 10:44   Link #340
SemperMalum

My personal feelings on the ending:

I thought the ending of Light and Misa, albeit a one-sided love relationship, getting away scott free, with L dying though having been reaffirmed, in my opinion, that Light was indeed Kira would have been perfect enough. Why? Because, sometimes, the bad guys win. Everything just feels so tacked on from the very moment that L dies. These two prodigys? The entire fake notebook, but it's a real notebook, or is it a fake notebook? What if there's a few pages? I mean, come on. To be honest, I didn't even think that Rem actually being -shown- and all the secrets of the Death Note being revealed should have happened.

If you were going to have Light even lose, he should have lost to L.

Light losing in the very end does not even close attune for everything he's done. Karma? There is no karma here. It just isn't. I admit to it that he was 'evil', and stupid for not realizing that the best method is to take it slow and steady. But if he was going to lose, then why not to the rival who almost bested him? That would have been karma. Been in his presence for so long, having the option at any point to just -get- his name... and then suddenly losing without a chance of redemption. Never having even a chance to best him, who he was playing that first game of chess with.

However, again, I didn't wish for Light to lose. My ideal ending would have been the method of the Higuchi Kira never having been found out. 'nd they're lost forever. Everything's square. Maybe it's because I actually -liked- Misa, although maybe it's because I thought she was extremly attractive, and her submissive nature only accentuated her attractiveness, 'nd I wanted to see Light and Misa just coast until their years were over. Perhaps Light was -forced- to Shinigami eyes, or risk everything and then lost his memory. There was such a buildup when it was introduced... 'nd then Misa and some other idiot who I didn't care for ended up grabbing them. It would have been more befitting for Light to grab them. Who knows? I would have preferred anything over what we got. Maybe it doesn't help that I also liked Light, 'nd I've gotten so tired of anime companies snuffing out the main character, regardless of the 'side' he/she is on. Sure, it makes sense. But it would have also made sense, if you did it correctly, if they didn't get snuffed.

My two cents.
Closed Thread