AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-09, 06:38   Link #1741
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
If you can get used to ryukishi07's art you can get used to those.
Ryukishi's art is technically shit but is very expressive. This is the complete opposite; perhaps the models aren't bad per se, but their expressions don't convey any emotion. And that is the most important thing about VN sprites.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 08:52   Link #1742
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Hmm... so, when this comes out and I get it, would you guys like me to tell you the changes/additions/removals in the Xbox 360 version? I know for a fact I'm going to do that on GameFAQs, but I wanted to know if any of you wanted to hear them as I go along.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 12:24   Link #1743
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Hmm... so, when this comes out and I get it, would you guys like me to tell you the changes/additions/removals in the Xbox 360 version? I know for a fact I'm going to do that on GameFAQs, but I wanted to know if any of you wanted to hear them as I go along.
That would be very much appreciated.
Old 2011-10-09, 13:04   Link #1744
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
With the revival of the SDR brand, are they trying to start some kind of "Number"-series with Dunamis15 and put Ever17 as part of it?
Cyberfront still owns Ever17, so 5pb can't incorporate it as part of a new series. Nevertheless, you're right that it's a crafty ploy to direct Infinity fans toward Ichikawa's new games. The "15" in Dunamis15 and the simultaneous development of the Ever17 remake (which should ideally have launched first) imply that.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 16:14   Link #1745
Elvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Ryukishi's art is technically shit but is very expressive. This is the complete opposite; perhaps the models aren't bad per se, but their expressions don't convey any emotion. And that is the most important thing about VN sprites.
True, but I assume they'll have motion to work with in terms of expression. I'm not saying I'm impressed with the sprites but it's a bit too early to say it's ruined.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 02:21   Link #1746
waffo
25% Unknown

Send a message via AIM to waffo Send a message via Yahoo to waffo
Well, some of the screenshots look okay to me and some, like the one VDZ posted, looks pretty bad.

On another note, I was listening to the OST with one earbud in and learned that Kopfsprung is one of those that has each side play a different part. It was so odd hearing it and I had to wonder why it sounded so off until I stuck the other earbud in. I love when songs do that, though.
waffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 11:33   Link #1747
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Noriko Shitaya Interview:

Quote:
――Now that recording's over, discuss your feelings.

You is a powerful girl, so while recording, I had to be energetic as well. I was happy to be able to play You again!!

――Please tell us your first impression when you first saw your character.

My impression of You was "What a feel-good girl!!" since I could clearly see so many expressions and emotions from You. Playing her really was fun.

――After re-recording "Ever17", what where your favorite parts about your character, what did you enjoy about playing her, and what parts were difficult?

As usual, there were a lot of difficult parts (laughs). It felt like I gained a lot of extensive knowledge from it, though♪

――Please leave a message for the fans, if you would.

"Ever17" is a masterpiece!! A really interesting story!!!! For those of you playing for the first time, please play through it in order to discover the "secrets" of this work!! For those of you know already know of "Ever17", I hope you enjoy playing it just as you did your first time!!
Old 2011-10-12, 21:57   Link #1748
MidoriHiME

So, I know this is a LONG shot, but I recently found out that Hirameki had interviews with some of the Ever17 creators up on their site when it existed. Does anybody have a cached link to the interviews or something? Or sort of remember what they say? I'd love to read them, but I think I'm 5 years too late for it ;.;
Old 2011-10-13, 09:26   Link #1749
Lordray

EVER17 MANGA HAS BEEN TRANSLATED!!!!
By Sora Scans...

Link On Mangareader:
http://www.mangareader.net/ever-17

My DA: http://rpg-no-zero.deviantart.com/
My FB: http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=1598149010
My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RPGNoZero?feature=mhum
Lordray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 14:13   Link #1750
Jade Magatama
その目、だれの目?

Hello, Sora (Seriously, it's a coincidence) Scans' translator for the Ever17 manga here ~

Chapter 2 was just posted up on Famitsu, and I'll do my best to get it translated as soon as possible. There's no furigana and the manga just started using German words (What is フェアボデン [Katakana reading: feaboden] anyway? I don't recall that being the name of a place in LeMU, unless it means something else...), so it's getting a little challenging. xD
Jade Magatama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 14:35   Link #1751
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
"feaboden" could be "verboten" (German for forbidden.)
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 15:18   Link #1752
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Magatama View Post
Hello, Sora (Seriously, it's a coincidence) Scans' translator for the Ever17 manga here ~

Chapter 2 was just posted up on Famitsu, and I'll do my best to get it translated as soon as possible. There's no furigana and the manga just started using German words (What is フェアボデン [Katakana reading: feaboden] anyway? I don't recall that being the name of a place in LeMU, unless it means something else...), so it's getting a little challenging. xD
Yeah, as a fellow translator, I'm stumped on that too. I've been looking it up, but haven't gotten anything yet. I'll let you known if I find something.

Edit: Pretty sure Roger Pepitone is right, it's supposed to be "Verboden". When I looked up フェア in German roots, I found that it means "ver". So it's logical that it would mean "Verboden"

Spoiler for :

So overall, I think "Verboden" is the correct translation.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2011-10-13 at 15:39.
Old 2011-10-14, 02:42   Link #1753
Rebellion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Yeah, as a fellow translator, I'm stumped on that too. I've been looking it up, but haven't gotten anything yet. I'll let you known if I find something.

Edit: Pretty sure Roger Pepitone is right, it's supposed to be "Verboden". When I looked up フェア in German roots, I found that it means "ver". So it's logical that it would mean "Verboden"

Spoiler for :

So overall, I think "Verboden" is the correct translation.
What context is it in?
And to be precise Verboden is Dutch, while Verboten is German
Both can mean Forbidden though.
Rebellion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 09:20   Link #1754
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebellion88 View Post
What context is it in?
And to be precise Verboden is Dutch, while Verboten is German
Both can mean Forbidden though.
Well, Ever17 never uses Dutch, so there's no doubt that it's German.

It happens when Takeshi and Tsugumi meet up with Sora.

Quote:
Sora: Please, get out of here quickly!
Takeshi: Just what the hell happened!?
Sora: T-That's... フェアボーデン... Level Delta... Tief Blau...
Takeshi: H-Hey? What's wrong?
Sora: ... System Wieder aufnehme...
Spoiler for Takeshi's Routes Day 6:
Old 2011-10-15, 01:57   Link #1755
Jade Magatama
その目、だれの目?

Since it feels odd to leave words like Tief Blau untranslated and yet changing others, I think the way I'll do it is by leaving the German words the way they are in the chapter, then adding a separate page at the end of the chapter describing what they mean. Kind of like a TIPS page, almost.

So far, here's the German words used (Not especially sure on the three floors though, I only remember out of context) :

Insel null = Island Zero
Erste boden = First Floor
Zweite stock = Second Floor
Dritte stock = Third Floor
フェアボーデン (Verboten?) = forbidden
Tief Blau = deep blue
System Wieder aufnehme = ?

You's not wearing her nametag that reads 'T. You', but I'll just keep it as is and stick in a pronunciation note. Maybe I should also say the tanuki was actually a lemur. But well, that doesn't seem to be of importance anyway.
Jade Magatama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 07:20   Link #1756
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Since it feels odd to leave words like Tief Blau untranslated and yet changing others, I think the way I'll do it is by leaving the German words the way they are in the chapter, then adding a separate page at the end of the chapter describing what they mean. Kind of like a TIPS page, almost.

So far, here's the German words used (Not especially sure on the three floors though, I only remember out of context) :

Insel null = Island Zero
Erste boden = First Floor
Zweite stock = Second Floor
Dritte stock = Third Floor
フェアボーデン (Verboten?) = forbidden
Tief Blau = deep blue
System Wieder aufnehme = ?

You's not wearing her nametag that reads 'T. You', but I'll just keep it as is and stick in a pronunciation note. Maybe I should also say the tanuki was actually a lemur. But well, that doesn't seem to be of importance anyway.
According to what I dug up during my searching, "System Wieder aufnehme" is not actual German. Correct German would be "System Wieder aufnehmen". This translates out to "System resuming".
Old 2011-10-15, 08:53   Link #1757
VDZ

Quote:
Maybe I should also say the tanuki was actually a lemur. But well, that doesn't seem to be of importance anyway.
It has some importance, as the point is that the lemur is the mascot of the theme park based on Lemuria. But that's something that should be handled in the story, not in the TL notes.
Old 2011-10-15, 13:17   Link #1758
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Also
Spoiler:
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 15:23   Link #1759
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

On the Ever17 website, there's two new pieces of art you can download and use as a wallpaper: one is the game's cover (left side) and the other is promo art (right side).

http://5pb.jp/games/ever17/special/wallpaper.html

Spoiler for Cover wallpaper + End game spoilers:

Also, the official opening movie for the game has been released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8biltdXfwvo

New CG at 0:34. What the...

Spoiler for Opening movie + End game spoilers:

On a positive note, the new LeMU is looking cooler and cooler.
Old 2011-10-17, 16:54   Link #1760
winkel

Ichikawa has said on the Twitter that Ever17 is complete and gone gold. Now they are just waiting for the release date.

This worries me, because they still have another 2 months to do stuff with the game, such as improve on anything that might need to be improved (the 3-D models certainly aren't where they could be) I hope the final game is everything they wanted it to be, otherwise...

On the other hand, it also confirms my suspicion that the delay with the game was purely for marketing reasons, to give space for code_18 and Dunamis15...
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
visual novel