AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-15, 13:51   Link #41
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melty Snow
Lol I thought ep 3 came out when this thread was staying afloat. O well, so is it true that it's 1 episode left? Someone mentioned earlier that it ep 3 could end an arc.... so the OVA is going to end without closing the story?
We'd have to see episode 3 first. If it ends with a next episode preview then we'll know it continues. If it doesn't, then it was needlessly short. >.>
Old 2004-10-08, 04:41   Link #42
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Yeah, that girl at the stop lights looked like a silver haired Cal. I guess they're going to skip her story... but then again you see her very distinctive curvy sillhoutte during the church scene in the OP.

The scene with Ein cleaning her gun was strangely erotic.

ANyway, the 3rd episode should end with the harbor battle, and thus ending roughly one third of the entire story. I hope they expand the story to continue the remaining arcs.
Old 2004-10-08, 05:51   Link #43
Akirasuto.

I am pretty sure they will just end the whole thing in ep 3.
Old 2004-10-09, 17:02   Link #44
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirasuto.
I am pretty sure they will just end the whole thing in ep 3.
According to Anime News Network its a 3 episode series.
Old 2004-12-08, 14:07   Link #45
Takemi_Ikazuchi

As I predicted, it followed the game and ended it at the end of chapter 1. The animation was lackluster too.

This covers roughly a third of the entire story.

Those who didn't play the game are going to left in a daze to what happens next.
It's quite a shame since the 2nd chapter is really what Phantom is all about.
Old 2004-12-08, 14:17   Link #46
VittorioJC

So how many chapters are in the game? Would the game be the same as Phantom of Inferno (DVD)? here's a link (clickme). If it is I might as well buy that...cause I feel there will be something left to be wanting when this last ep gets subbed.
Old 2004-12-08, 14:20   Link #47
Mentar
Banned

Are you positively sure that they ENDED the anime? Is it _really_ certain that no more OVAs will come out? Hell, the intro showed the famous chapel scene from chapter 3 - therefore I was certain that more OVAs would follow.

How can you possibly "end" the anime in chapter1? It's impossible. I'll believe it when I see it. Lately so many mistakes were made in reporting anime lengths that I opt to disbelieve.

*goes to download the RAW*
Old 2004-12-08, 14:28   Link #48
Takemi_Ikazuchi

>>VittorioJC
Yeah, that's the game. It's in English.

>>Mentar
IIRC, there's no plans for the 2nd and 3rd chapter.
PS: You know about Phantom too? Man you sure get around.

But who knows they might release Phantom the animation: Las Vegas in the future..
or even better... adapt it into a 12 episode TV show.
Old 2004-12-08, 14:34   Link #49
Mentar
Banned

If you don't do the second chapter, the anime isn't even worth starting. And I doubt that the Claudia endings would be worthwhile. Therefore I really can't believe that they can do without chapters 2 _and_ 3. And hell - tell me that the intro doesn't show Zwei in the chapel.

The game was the best DVD I ever bought in my life. Based on recommendations of a fan. Whoever felt only the least bit interested in the anime direction disaster of the first two episodes should go out and buy the game. Like right now.
Old 2004-12-08, 14:37   Link #50
VittorioJC

Thanks Takemi. I guess I'll go off and buy it. I don't know about you all, but I liked the pace that was given to this OVA, but yeah I would personally like to see a TV season for this. That way you could actually see more character development.
Old 2004-12-08, 14:40   Link #51
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VittorioJC
Thanks Takemi. I guess I'll go off and buy it. I don't know about you all, but I liked the pace that was given to this OVA, but yeah I would personally like to see a TV season for this. That way you could actually see more character development.
Actually, I liked the sheer corniness of ep.1 and good mix of action and romantic tension in ep.2

Ep.3 doesn't have anything particularly special, though.
Old 2004-12-08, 14:47   Link #52
VittorioJC

Well that's sad to hear about ep. 3. I'll just have to get my fix through the game and wait patiently for the sub.
Old 2004-12-08, 14:50   Link #53
Mentar
Banned

The game is awesome. Whoever has $25 to spare - this is one of the best translated games I know. Probably _the_ best of its kind.
Old 2004-12-08, 15:19   Link #54
MartAnimE
willingness to die

I'm sure there'll be another OAVs covering the respective chapters in the game...

Spoiler:

Besides, I haven't seen episode 3 yet, but I guess it wouldn't make much sense to end the series there... unless they're going for a really open ending...
Old 2004-12-08, 15:29   Link #55
Mentar
Banned

[QUOTE=MartAnimE]I'm sure there'll be another OAVs covering the respective chapters in the game...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-08, 15:47   Link #56
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-08, 18:20   Link #57
ultrataro

Phantom DVD game

Let me just second that the game is pretty good. Of that genre of game, it is so far the best I've played (U.S. released stuff, haven't played any Japanese ones yet). It's apparent that the original makers spent quite a bit of effort in creating it. Kikuko Inouye is pretty well known v/a. They spent resources making actual FMV clips. Other games I've played so far don't have many/none besides maybe the opening sequence. The 'talking head' character on screen they drew quite a few different ones which i found actually adds a lot to keep from getting too repetitive. There a good amount of story branches and endings. Art itself is pretty typical, certainly not lacking. Only small thing I found annoying is you can't chapter skip if you already know what's gonig to happen, can FF/scan but my old player sometimes barfed on that. One of the few (actually only one so far) that I'd consider buying. I rented it more than once & still didn't see all the endings.
Old 2004-12-09, 17:46   Link #58
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

If they don't continue the OVAs to cover atleast the second chapter of the game the series will be a complete waste of time. As for the third episode, the only good part was indeed the last two minutes or so. ^^;
Old 2004-12-15, 20:02   Link #59
noob saibot
Brotherhood of Shadows

Send a message via AIM to noob saibot Send a message via MSN to noob saibot Send a message via Yahoo to noob saibot
Phantom the animation episode 3 and up...

does anyone know where i can download phantom the animation episodes 3 and up? i only got 1 and 2 and the series was getting pretty awesome. did it get licensed?

Last edited by Keitaro; 2004-12-16 at 01:42. Reason: Merged thread
Old 2004-12-15, 21:12   Link #60
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

It wasn't licensed but you'll still have to wait for Phantom 3. It only came out in Japan last week. >.>
Closed Thread