Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-11, 04:48   Link #2661
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Tohka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
Most likely they want to experiment on her like a lab rat. You know, test new weapons on her, try to use her along with the 2nd spirit to create artificial spirits as human weapons to take over the world something. Btw aren't they also targeting Shidou because of his powers to seal and use the spirits's angels.
What I meant was
Spoiler for Tohka vol. 7:
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 04:57   Link #2662
ImperialFlameGod8190

The cliché I think that would apply is they want to figure out why the spirits have the spacequake power and figure out how to harness it. once they figure it out they'll use it to take over the world.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 05:16   Link #2663
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
What I meant was
Spoiler for Tohka vol. 7:
He actually doesn't do anything, really. He verbally scrolls through a few things like drugs, rape, and torture, thinking of what would hurt her the most, then he figures out that she's most scared of Shidou dying, so he just goes with that and doesn't do anything else to her.
Old 2013-05-11, 06:18   Link #2664
Trung-t-rung

Now that's I think about it, the author is scared of what will happen if the DEM use the whole torture, drugs and the thing I'm scared of saying up there to the fans. FAN'S RAGE IS REALLY SCARY. *LOOKING AT FAN'S REACTION TOWARD RAISER IN DXD AND Death of Yuuki in sao*
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 06:40   Link #2665
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Now that's I think about it, the author is scared of what will happen if the DEM use the whole torture, drugs and the thing I'm scared of saying up there to the fans. FAN'S RAGE IS REALLY SCARY. *LOOKING AT FAN'S REACTION TOWARD RAISER IN DXD AND Death of Yuuki in sao*
But it does not change the fact that things like that happen in real life, and some authors use them as plot devices,whether we like it or not.

Not to mention, that after all ,we read stories to feel emotions ,whatever they are negative or positive.

And if we have these reactions that's means that the author has done a good job.

Though, I'm happy that none of this thing happen to Tohka .

Last edited by Soji; 2013-05-11 at 08:10.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 06:49   Link #2666
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I don't have anything against using drugs, torture, and yes even rape as long as its done in good taste to further the story and not not just to draw in fans of hentai. If anybody wants to do that, there's always a calling in 18+ doujinshi and manga. But used as a part of the story, I wouldn't hate on the author for it. Like Soji said, it's a part of real life and there are real life rapists and sadists who get off on that stuff, which actually makes it far more logical and realistic than taking over the world and such.

People have even less to complain about when the aforementioned actions are only discussed briefly in the text and not carried out.

Furthermore, look at Law & Order Special Victims Unit. The series is literally themed on sexually-based crimes, AKA rape. If fans/readers of fictional entertainment media can complain about rape used in the story, how is it that SVU is and has been so incredibly popular for almost 14 years?

I'm not pointing any fingers or trying to start a debate on the subject, but I'm just stating the lay of the land. Too many people rant against Japanese light novel authors and anime directors using rape in their stories, when one of America's most popular TV shows is themed on rape and child abuse.
Old 2013-05-11, 07:41   Link #2667
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Wait, Yoshinon is a girl?????????
Well it was flat out stated that Yoshinon was every thing that Yoshino wants to be. Pretty much her ideal self. The some what frighting thing is that had Yoshino had a bit more conflict with Yoshinon she could have easly ended up like the twins
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 08:03   Link #2668
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
But it does not change the fact that things like that happen in real life, and some authors use them as plot devices,whether we like it or not.

Not to mention, that after all ,we read stories to feel emotions ,whatever they are negative or positive.

And if we have these reactions that's means that the author has done a good job.

Though, I do happy that none of this thing happen to Tohka .
Yeah, I agree about that.
But I guess using those kind of things in a light novel like Date a live seem not really appropriate.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 08:52   Link #2669
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
But I guess using those kind of things in a light novel like Date a live seem not really appropriate.
Under what standard you do thing they're "not really appropriate"?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 09:06   Link #2670
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post

Though, I'm happy that none of this thing happen to Tohka .
I am glad that nothing like that happens to her. I guess the IV is some sort of sedation or whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if something does happen to one of the girls in the future though. Just a hunch.
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 09:20   Link #2671
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
I am glad that nothing like that happens to her. I guess the IV is some sort of sedation or whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if something does happen to one of the girls in the future though. Just a hunch.
Its kinda ironic actually date a live has been so clean so far somethings bound to happen. The fact is there's no bad guy so far plus no explanation to why mana was told to come to the city. There's no real bad guy and that's what date a live honestly needs.
Old 2013-05-11, 09:25   Link #2672
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Its kinda ironic actually date a live has been so clean so far somethings bound to happen. The fact is there's no bad guy so far plus no explanation to why mana was told to come to the city. There's no real bad guy and that's what date a live honestly needs.
I'm pretty sure Wescott and DEM count as bad guys. We just don't have anything deep on them yet.
Old 2013-05-11, 09:25   Link #2673
ImperialFlameGod8190

I haven't read 6 and 7 plus most of 4 besides whats on BT so I don't know everything so far
Old 2013-05-11, 09:46   Link #2674
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
I haven't read 6 and 7 plus most of 4 besides whats on BT so I don't know everything so far
Ah, I see.

Still, Kurumi counts as an atagonist easily.
Old 2013-05-11, 09:59   Link #2675
ImperialFlameGod8190

ha I suppose although not as much tohka and yoshino were antagonists first. Ha its amusing how many people are waiting for 7 and i'd wager most of you could sub the episodes without knowing an ounce of Japanese because of how much u've read this next section.
Old 2013-05-11, 10:02   Link #2676
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Well I'm one of those fortunate enough to have Japanese language skills. No waiting for subs or Bakatsuki translations for me!
Old 2013-05-11, 10:06   Link #2677
ImperialFlameGod8190

ha but here's what I find funniest. Most of you guys love kurumi whose a yandere yet I bet most of you loathe Gasai Yuno and School Days. Some of Kurumi's stuff rivals the freakiness of the end of school days and U KNOW IM RIGHT.
Old 2013-05-11, 10:21   Link #2678
Iggy_Pop

I like Kurumi because she's a Yandere who's presented as an antagonist, not as a villain protagonist. Yandere protagonist tends to annoy people I think. Then again, I only read a little of Mirai Nikki and never watched or played School Days.
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 10:27   Link #2679
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
ha but here's what I find funniest. Most of you guys love kurumi whose a yandere yet I bet most of you loathe Gasai Yuno and School Days. Some of Kurumi's stuff rivals the freakiness of the end of school days and U KNOW IM RIGHT.
Yuno...............I actually find to be attractive, really.
But Kurumi will always be my Number 1 yandere, because she makes yandere look good, rather than just plain psycho. Ayase from Oreimo is my Number 1 comedic yandere.

Now School Days, I disagree that that yandere crap is comparable to Kurumi. That was pretty much fully psychotic bloody gore material, designed solely for shock factor.
On the other hand, Kurumi, again, is actually awesome in here yandere-ness, rather than just being some jealous chick who snaps over her boyfriend/love interest sleeping with another girl, then proceeds to jump off a rooftop or gut the boyfriend/love rival.
Old 2013-05-11, 10:39   Link #2680
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Kurumi is a yangire, not a yandere. There's a difference between the two, and me and some other guy already mentioned this previously on this thread. Also, Gasai Yuno was a horribly written character with the most forced motivation ever for doing what she does and School Days was a one trick pony where it's only memorable because the last episode was a thing. (and it doesn't even necessarily mean it was good either) I guess it also helps that Tokisaki actually manages to be better written than any of the characters in those two series.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy