AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-26, 21:28   Link #221
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Did you just go there?!

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2007-11-29, 17:25   Link #222
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
So, I just sort of listened to the drama CDs. It makes me want to at least learn the basics of Japanese even more. >___>;;;;

It's pretty much the light novel as someone as said before. I'm trying to figure out what Mai and Natsuki were talking about. I can't understand what they're really saying, aside from Natsuki being surprised to see Mai and something involving clubs. I believe Mai did say something about Natsuki and the Seto Kaichou-san, which made my ears perk up. And what was Mai dragging along? It sounded kind of heavy. Maybe it's related to that short manga.

There's also a part with Natsuki and Shizuru that screams ShizNat to me. Shizuru seems to have that teasing tone in her voice and she even says "ikezu". Why do I get the feeling that there's going to be a Shizuru's Prelude, similiar to how Natsuki had one in Mai-Hime? Not like that'd be a bad thing because I'm curious about what took place those few years before Mayo arrived.

Haha, a few things remind me of the Sentai Ranger parody in the bonus track of the second Mai-Hime drama CD. xD;

One last thing. In the first Destiny drama CD, did Haruka say that Mai was Tate's girlfriend? It felt like that and my knowledge of the language is non-existant, rofl.

I believe the 'heavy' sound you heard with Mai was her traveling through the sewer grates...XD She's suppose to be 'incognito' but she's doing a horrible job. I think she's doing her own background research on what's happening at the school. It's like she's on Natsuki's side of things but doesn't want to be caught up in the drama so she stays away. And her saying 'Nao~chan' XD
Here's hoping that Tate and Reito comes back too...somehow. Someone needs to handle the Shizuru powerhouse.
I haven't gotten to the first Destiny Drama CD yet...maybe in time.

I have no idea what Sunrise is doing - the Destiny novel, the Destiny manga, and the Destiny Drama CDs - PICK ONE AND STICK WITH IT, SUNRISE!
Old 2007-11-29, 18:12   Link #223
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I believe the 'heavy' sound you heard with Mai was her traveling through the sewer grates...XD She's suppose to be 'incognito' but she's doing a horrible job. I think she's doing her own background research on what's happening at the school. It's like she's on Natsuki's side of things but doesn't want to be caught up in the drama so she stays away. And her saying 'Nao~chan' XD
Here's hoping that Tate and Reito comes back too...somehow. Someone needs to handle the Shizuru powerhouse.

I have no idea what Sunrise is doing - the Destiny novel, the Destiny manga, and the Destiny Drama CDs - PICK ONE AND STICK WITH IT, SUNRISE!
wait, their making a manga?! when's the first chapter gonna be released
Old 2007-11-29, 19:22   Link #224
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

^ there was supposed to be a manga, but we haven't heard anything from it if I recall. I thought someone said it was supposed to be around 90 pages long and it was scheduled to be released sometime at the end of October....

The only manga thing we've seen is the groping adventure. Lmfao, Nao-chan, lmao.

Quote:

Oh, thanks, rofl. I forgot she was sneaking around and.... ew, sewers. I really miss Mai-chan. I was watching Xenoglossia and hearing Mai's voice come out of Ritsuko made me want to watch some old episodes of Mai-Hime.

Didn't Reito appear in the novel, as part of the Student Council unsurprisingly? -foggy memory-

Or at least release them in a timely manner, ne? I'm so curious as to what happens next. e_e

The commercials and the part where the cast talks in the second drama CD amuse me so. It's so funny when it's Naomi Shindo's turn and everyone says DOSU. xD!
Old 2007-11-30, 07:23   Link #225
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

He was mentioned but that was it - an afterthought. The only guy to make a splash in the novel so far has been the school head - Reito's brother. In the drama CD, it was Takeda back in action after Natsuki. It's always amusing to hear him, especially when he gets pwned by Mayo later on in it.

I'm really curious about Shion's description of Mai and how they actually related her to the drama CD story since she's really not suppose to be around in the novel's version... -.-

As for the manga, Mai gets to show off her skillz - she's a competent fighter now and doesn't shrik from it like she used to. I find it interesting that Natsuki didn't once even try to help Mai out at all. Either she knew Mai could handle four guys, or she was just lazy. She's above Shion's combat ability, that much I can tell but I doubt if they'll make her to be near Kaichou's level.

Although Nagi and Nao working together still scares me. o.o
Old 2007-11-30, 19:10   Link #226
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Poor Tate, probably shafted again. If there was a choice between him and Sergei, I'd go with Tate. >w>; I wonder if Reito actually does something in the novel, since he is the brother of the school head and all. Well, aside from being able to annoy Haruka just by saying "Now, now". -chuckle-

Takeda shouting "KUGA!" when Natsuki is telling Mayo, assuming the novel bit is placed here, that they don't actually kill people was definitely the best part of him showing up for me. Harhar, poor Takeda-kun.

Lol, now you've got me thinking about a Mai versus Shizuru showdown, something I wish could have happened in Mai-Hime. I mean really, Kiyohime seemed to be able to stop Kagutsuchi in that one episode, but then I need to remind myself that this is Destiny. Who actually would be able to take her on, aside from the dark Mayo and possibly a scantily clad Natsuki? -winks at the latter suggestion-

Yeah, I'm getting a little confused with the whole drama CD, manga and novel thing. Maybe they're planning to bring them together in the future with something to milk more money off us. -cough-

-sigh- I just wanna hear/read something new involving Destiny. I feel cliffhungover'd, like the ending of the first season of Code Geass. Why Sunrise, whyyyyyyyyy~?
Old 2007-11-30, 23:08   Link #227
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
As for the manga, Mai gets to show off her skillz - she's a competent fighter now and doesn't shrik from it like she used to. I find it interesting that Natsuki didn't once even try to help Mai out at all. Either she knew Mai could handle four guys, or she was just lazy. She's above Shion's combat ability, that much I can tell but I doubt if they'll make her to be near Kaichou's level.
Did you find the second part of that groping manga? I only read the first part that had the cliffhanger with Mai.
Old 2007-12-01, 05:18   Link #228
volk

actually I have second part but you also can find it at YAMIBO too, I got it from there.

I can send you yamibo's link if you want but you have to be register to see, I guess?
Old 2007-12-03, 02:29   Link #229
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
I really need to catch up on all this.
Old 2007-12-03, 20:34   Link #230
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Yamibo doesn't like me or my comp so I had a very good friend send me the two chapters with Mai in it. But I haven't seen translations for it though...
WHY!?!?!

Destiny's suppose to be Shion's and Mayo's story so I'll have to let it be for now...but so far, they haven't impressed me very much. I guess it's because the story has too many notable characters in it - everyone has their favorites and it's hard to give that many characters plot time.

I need translations...hurry...
Old 2007-12-04, 22:45   Link #231
viciousambitious

Could you send me the links too? All of them?
Old 2007-12-13, 07:42   Link #232
Icarisain
Shizuru Supporter #43

Send a message via MSN to Icarisain
Manga spoilers, the continuation. reference taken from the scanlated version of part 2 at yamibo.com. Part 1 can be found at page 11 of this thread.

Spoiler for Manga spoilers for part 2 (END):
Old 2007-12-13, 15:53   Link #233
Sakuya
*Artist

On page 24:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-14, 08:01   Link #234
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

That was IT!? All that doramua was for THAT!? I shoulda known better...I really should have... The entire situation was a theft of a 'petty' object ... Probably won't be 'petty' in the future but...C'MON!!
*deflated*

The probability of Destiny living up to any part of MY expectations is ... 0%
Old 2007-12-14, 10:51   Link #235
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Guys, i would like to what's is Mai Hime Destiny Drama CD is all about? i listened every tracks but i don't know what the hell is going on around there. let's see, Mayo journey to the hokkaido, and uh....
Old 2007-12-16, 07:20   Link #236
babybro

Hey all, just wondering if there is takumi in the mai-otome series or mai hime destiny novel book. I only watch the mai hime series because of mai's relationship with takumi, so since mai otome was different, didn't really watch it.
Old 2007-12-16, 09:50   Link #237
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybro View Post
Hey all, just wondering if there is takumi in the mai-otome series or mai hime destiny novel book. I only watch the mai hime series because of mai's relationship with takumi, so since mai otome was different, didn't really watch it.
He does appear later on in Otome, but his role is significantly reduced in comparison. I don't even think Mai ever really talked about Takumi, just the other way around in that one episode.

I don't recall him appearing in the five translated chapters of the novel, either. Eh, Mai was barely in the second drama CD and that side-story comic.

.... I MISS MAI. ;~;
Old 2007-12-16, 12:00   Link #238
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Though you could say that Sergay is sorta like an adult Takumi. Hell, when I first saw Sergay my first reaction was 'woa, someone grew up here'
Old 2007-12-16, 12:37   Link #239
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Though you could say that Sergay is sorta like an adult Takumi. Hell, when I first saw Sergay my first reaction was 'woa, someone grew up here'
I don't know, Sergay seemed more like some combo between tate and takeda to me.
Old 2007-12-16, 14:06   Link #240
defiant

Problem solved. Thanks

Last edited by defiant; 2007-12-17 at 10:31. Reason: Problem Solved
Closed Thread

Tags
light novels, shounen