AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-04-06, 21:21   Link #6681
Rey Za Burrel
Taiyou no Tsubasa

so what about this
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...o/DSCF0696.jpg
I havent paint any of my kits yet , since my local shops dun have any paint for model kit , and I dun have any credit cards or pay pals acc to go shopping OL
Rey Za Burrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 21:57   Link #6682
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey Za Burrel View Post
so what about this
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...o/DSCF0696.jpg
I havent paint any of my kits yet , since my local shops dun have any paint for model kit , and I dun have any credit cards or pay pals acc to go shopping OL
check hobby supply shop, where i am at, toy shop sells gundam, hobby shop sells all the tools
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 00:26   Link #6683
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

HG Gundam Throne Zwei: The Summary

My lil' bro got himself a Throne Zwei for his birthday(And I don't!).

-Head (Pretty small... Like the Eins, only w/o the "horn", it's smaller than Dynames' head!)

-Torso (Like the Eins, only w/o the uber GN Launcher backpack. Instead it's replaced w/ something even smaller)

-GN Fangs (Go ahead and scream "FANGU!", the Fangs won't listen... Why? Cause they CAN'T move... They are molded into the skirt armor.)

-GN Buster Sword (A nerfed Zankatou... I dunno why but I can't seem to get both of Zwei's hands to hold it properly. Yet again, beamless beam sword)

-GN Hand Gun (Looks cool from every angle... Guess what, they used REAL wires for the cable thingy which is to be plugged in the Eins.)

OverAll- Fair: The Zwei has cool looks and cool weapons... However, due to the oversized skirt armor, mobility is severely hampered. My second Throne and yet.... NO RED PLASTIC BEAM!!!!
Old 2008-04-07, 00:38   Link #6684
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
My lil' bro got himself a Throne Zwei for his birthday(And I don't!).

-Head (Pretty small... Like the Eins, only w/o the "horn", it's smaller than Dynames' head!)

-Torso (Like the Eins, only w/o the uber GN Launcher backpack. Instead it's replaced w/ something even smaller)

-GN Fangs (Go ahead and scream "FANGU!", the Fangs won't listen... Why? Cause they CAN'T move... They are molded into the skirt armor.)

-GN Buster Sword (A nerfed Zankatou... I dunno why but I can't seem to get both of Zwei's hands to hold it properly. Yet again, beamless beam sword)

-GN Hand Gun (Looks cool from every angle... Guess what, they used REAL wires for the cable thingy which is to be plugged in the Eins.)

OverAll- Fair: The Zwei has cool looks and cool weapons... However, due to the oversized skirt armor, mobility is severely hampered. My second Throne and yet.... NO RED PLASTIC BEAM!!!!

ya, I was upset too, more about the quality of this HG. color it self is already not that great, and the skirt part was really gay, I painted mine with spray can, glad i had the color. can't wait till Drei /sarcasm
Spoiler for swei:
Old 2008-04-07, 00:43   Link #6685
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
ya, I was upset too, more about the quality of this HG. color it self is already not that great, and the skirt part was really gay, I painted mine with spray can, glad i had the color. can't wait till Drei /sarcasm
Spoiler for swei:
Looks like both of us have the Eins and Zwei, lol! Nice docking... but the Ein's GN Rifle needs to be aligned properly.

PS: I didn't spray the Zwei... Coz it's not mine. It's my lil bro's. Worse yet, I never sprayed any of my models... That's why I don't dare to post their pictures here in the Forums
Old 2008-04-07, 00:51   Link #6686
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Looks like both of us have the Eins and Zwei, lol! Nice docking... but the Ein's GN Rifle needs to be aligned properly.

PS: I didn't spray the Zwei... Coz it's not mine. It's my lil bro's. Worse yet, I never sprayed any of my models... That's why I don't dare to post their pictures here in the Forums
 the official website shows Drei firing the cannon  and Zwei connecting the cable. ya i had problems  docking them together.

PS: Post ur collections !!! i sprayed an entire ki t once and didnt turn out too well, never finished  it also cuz I ran out of paint (so does the store  lol) Now I only adds color when necessary, mostly  HGs, MGs is OBB for me 
Old 2008-04-07, 02:30   Link #6687
Like_Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like_Clockwork View Post
i have a question about painting the eyes, whats a good color for them? preferably tamiya or model masters stuff cuz thats what my local hobby place has
help please
Like_Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 05:04   Link #6688
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like_Clockwork View Post
help please
For HG 1/144s, it's really hard to see the eyes even you paint them(sometimes, you can't even see them at all), so what I do is cut the eye sticker at the right size and put them at the right place.

As for MG 1/100s, they always come with clear parts for the eyes and main cameras, so they're a lot easier to deal with than the 1/144s.

@ Astrana: I like how your Zwei turned out. It's actually giving me a second thought about buying this kit.
Shiro-Oh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 06:29   Link #6689
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Got my first HGUC, Nu Gundam. I'm really impressed with it. The detail between the joints are nice and it has nice posebility too. Too bad no Funnel effects part . I can't wait to get my hands on Sazabi to have an Amuro VS Char fight!
Old 2008-04-07, 13:09   Link #6690
GameraBaenre

Not sure if there is an interest.. but I'll continue posting
Here's my weekend update on the hguc nu I've been working on.

I did a quick assembly of most of the parts for a primed vs snapped comparison picture:
Spoiler:

Next up, I found the back of the knee cables a little bland, so using some magnet wire, I wrapped around them creating some springs. Hopefully this will look good when I finish painting this part.
Spoiler:

Initial base color for the white parts were painted on, I used Intermediate Blue from Mr Color.
Spoiler:

Finisher's Pure White was then sprayed on using the intermediate blue as a preshade color:
Spoiler:

Closer comparison pictures
Spoiler:
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 13:12   Link #6691
Like_Clockwork

^ very nice definitely cant wait to see the final result, GameraBaenre, always brings greatness haha
Old 2008-04-07, 18:10   Link #6692
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
MG Force Impulse sneak pix

duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 18:24   Link #6693
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Not too fond of the MG Impulse design. It just seems...off. The rifle looks to small, and the legs look awkward.
Old 2008-04-07, 20:01   Link #6694
philmein

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post

That is badass....
Although I'm not at all an Impulse fan, the design and how it turned out is very sexy.
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 20:07   Link #6695
Critias

Looks to be a solid kit, the folding Force Silhouette pack is a plus for me
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 21:11   Link #6696
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Impulse is looking good.

.. but someone please tell me that it comes with a display stand.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 21:25   Link #6697
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Strike copypasta isn't appealing to me. Definitely not. Still waiting for upcoming images of Shin Musha which is the real must get for me
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 22:09   Link #6698
Like_Clockwork

Impulse looks really nice idk about a must buy for me but I think it definitely looks really nice
Old 2008-04-07, 22:50   Link #6699
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

I like the sword sillouet better, probably get MG Musha instead of this. from the game pics Musha is very detailed with all the armor, I wonder how it wold turn out for MG. Hope it doesnt require to add much color
Old 2008-04-08, 03:41   Link #6700
EXEs
Hallelujah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post

Oh wow, even though I don't like Seed Destiny, I must say, their mobile suits look very good. Sort of want.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy