AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2011-08-11, 19:39   Link #261
GDB

Two more seasons? That's pretty cool. If each one is also 4 episodes, that's pretty much an entire actual season of the series.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 07:18   Link #262
calorie

Can't believe this has been slipping under my radar for so long. The illustrations are doing a heck of a job at drawing you in. Oh well, at least it won't be a very long wait for me now.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 16:24   Link #263
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
262 posts for an one-shot OVA (probably) is hardly under the radar
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 17:00   Link #264
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
one-shot OVA (probably)
Nope, check the last post of the previous page (or post before my previous one, if you use some other posts-per-page setting). 2 more OVAs (4 episodes each, like this one) are due by the end of the year. That's a season's worth of episodes.
Old 2011-08-12, 23:36   Link #265
calorie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
262 posts for an one-shot OVA (probably) is hardly under the radar
Clearly, but I wasn't around AnimeSuki and I had't read any news on it even though I had stayed up to date with the seasonal anime etc (on my own).
Old 2011-08-13, 06:00   Link #266
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This first batch betrayed all of my expectations, in a very good way.

So many references and jabs to the antics from original VN/games, it was really the pure definition of fanservice. Honestly, it has been a while I didn't laugh continuously for a good while.
My only "complain" is a bit too much Arcueid centred scenes for the Tsukihime crew (ironically, Saber got nearly the shaft for the Fate side), but it was really well worth the wait.

Oh yeah, Shiki and Shirou demonstrated how hellish it is to be a harem protag, especially Shiki being stuck between a rock and a hard place, when you look at his harem

Looking forwards to the second OVA batch.
Old 2011-08-13, 07:43   Link #267
nfsac

Can you link us to the episodes?
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 13:21   Link #268
ukulelembo
Detective

Opening:

Ending:
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 14:11   Link #269
GDB

Pretty boring ED, video-wise. Just a scroll-show of all the characters in random poses. And while I knew Bazette was in it, I didn't realize Caren was too. Makes sense, I guess, since they're both from Hollow Ataraxia, but still. If that's the case, we better get some Saber Alter at some point.
Old 2011-08-13, 14:17   Link #270
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Cool OP & ED. Can't wait to watch this.
Old 2011-08-13, 16:06   Link #271
tsunade666

The ova's or episode are full of lolz. It doesn't give you time to stop laughing. From the altered grail war to beach episode, arcueid in shiki's school, Shirou sleeping and my favorite part the problems of Rin with bluray recorder and shirou and shiki's harem problem conversation. Though I find it lacking the part about alleyway street? alliance. The part with sacchin. And also the part with magical girl Arcued. It always depicts youkai Akiha as the enemy. The neco arc are also interesting when they show up.

Well overall it's pretty nice one and it looks like it will be having a next season.
Old 2011-08-13, 16:11   Link #272
calorie

^ For someone who has only played through the Arcueid's routes of Tsukihime, the whole F/SN visual novel and its anime and the movie, and KnK movies, do you think there will be too many references and jokes that will go over my head?
Old 2011-08-13, 16:34   Link #273
GDB

Possibly. I know when I was reading the manga, about 80% of the Tsukihime jokes were dead to me since I've never played the game or watched KnK. You'll probably fare a lot better since you've at least done one route and watched KnK.

But then again, I'm mostly interested in the Fate portion anyway. Maybe I'll end up liking some of the Tsukihime characters enough to play the game and watch KnK afterward.
Old 2011-08-13, 16:51   Link #274
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobodan View Post
^ For someone who has only played through the Arcueid's routes of Tsukihime, the whole F/SN visual novel and its anime and the movie, and KnK movies, do you think there will be too many references and jokes that will go over my head?
Far side of the moon routes isn't exactly that necessary, but knowledge from Melty Blood and Kagetsu Tohya help a lot for various antics with the Tsukihime characters.
Old 2011-08-13, 17:00   Link #275
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Read the Melty Blood manga. That would do the trick.
Old 2011-08-13, 17:16   Link #276
tsunade666

what's the meaning of KnK? melty blood and kage tohya did introduce some characters from the main cast of tsukihime but still you can probably understand the show even without playing it because most of the time you will just laugh it out instead of paying too much attention to it and this is the type of show where you just laugh and not watch it seriously.

btw I didn't notice kelaido ruby in the show or even hisui? or is it kohaku.. not sure but it's one of the pv or is it a scan.. I'm getting confused but it's the part where they show magical girls. There's arcueid, rin and hisui/kohaku. Most of the time I get only no reaction to the princess moon part. The episode itself is nuts. it's jumping incredibly.
Old 2011-08-13, 17:23   Link #277
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Damn, I was hoping so badly KnK and Canaan to be included in this show too I'm just obssessed with the two Aozaki sisters arguing about there Mage's Association. Man, Type-Moon's so amazing

Btw, just a noob question... Do I have to read the novels/games to to understand the whole thing what's going on? I see many new characters though.
Old 2011-08-13, 17:26   Link #278
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I doubt canaan would even be part of the same universe than Tsukihime / fate, unless Nasu suddenly include that (which wouldn't really add anything in the lot to say it bluntly).

Anyway, as explained, you would be fine with these OVA if you know the original story of Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night.

However, few subtles points and jabs might not make any sense if you don't expand to the other stuff such like Melty Blood (Shion and Risbief would be total mystery for those who just read tsukihime and F/SN).
And considering the opening and ending, there are also some trend within nasuverse that would be hard to get by without the other more obscure stuff (Kagetsu Tohya and Tsukihime plus for Ren and Satsuki etc).
Old 2011-08-13, 17:28   Link #279
GDB

At the very least, wiki the names of the characters. That'd probably be the most beneficial thing you could do without spending days or weeks on the games.
Old 2011-08-13, 17:32   Link #280
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I doubt canaan would even be part of the same universe than Tsukihime / fate, unless Nasu suddenly include that (which wouldn't really add anything in the lot to say it bluntly).

Anyway, as explained, you would be fine with these OVA if you know the original story of Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night.

However, few subtles points and jabs might not make any sense if you don't expand to the other stuff such like Melty Blood (Shion and Risbief would be total mystery for those who just read tsukihime and F/SN).
And considering the opening and ending, there are also some trend within nasuverse that would be hard to get by without the other more obscure stuff (Kagetsu Tohya and Tsukihime plus for Ren and Satsuki etc).
Yeah, don't worry about mangas I've already read Melty Blood but I'm going nuts with this Kagetsu Tohya stuff

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-08-13 at 17:33. Reason: please dont mention that.
Jean Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fate/extra, fate/stay night, melty_blood, tsukihime, type-moon