AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-22, 08:42   Link #81
Peanutbutter

Woohoo! Kaoru! Finally!

After hearing Nobume in Gintama, I'm really starting to miss Hirano Aya's voice-acting.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 10:45   Link #82
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Woohoo! Kaoru! Finally!

After hearing Nobume in Gintama, I'm really starting to miss Hirano Aya's voice-acting.
Just hoping that it's not a cameo appearance... She's the Queen!

Speaking of The Children, any chances of ZKC having another season... as in 52 episodes?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 17:00   Link #83
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Just hoping that it's not a cameo appearance... She's the Queen!

Speaking of The Children, any chances of ZKC having another season... as in 52 episodes?
There was the OVA from 2010 where they said, in English, that they'd get another series if they sold 20k of them. That was probably partially in jest, but you never know. This might be as close to an animated sequel as we get.

At the same time, Hayate is on its 4th series here soon, so you never know. Maybe The Unlimited is a prelude to another series.

It should be pointed out that we got our first loli-con joke as well.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 14:00   Link #84
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Interesting the the male fanart is tenfold while children is nowhere to be seen

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 20:15   Link #85
Miraluka
Banned

Cool, too bad ZKC didn't have that much ;_;
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 22:49   Link #86
SinsI

Episode 3's villain was... very strange and very stupid, to say the least...

Why did he try to assassinate princess while being practically surrounded by a horde of witnesses (armed and ready to arrest him, to boot)? Sounds extremely unbelievable for someone whose stated motivation is greed.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 23:44   Link #87
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Episode 3's villain was... very strange and very stupid, to say the least...

Why did he try to assassinate princess while being practically surrounded by a horde of witnesses (armed and ready to arrest him, to boot)? Sounds extremely unbelievable for someone whose stated motivation is greed.
The end bit stretched things a little, but he also knew he was had, so there's a desperation angle there. But probably best just to hand-wave that and not worry. We got Sakaki and Minamoto playing an 8-bit console game on a PS3 to solve who the assassin was. There's a certain level of silliness in the series, though that last confrontation scene could have been better done.
Old 2013-01-24, 00:04   Link #88
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I'm really enjoying this series so far. Hyobu has got be my favourite character here. I'm also betting that he already sorted out Andy's little trick.

I'm curious by what Hyobu said in ep 2...did he really die and was brought back to life? That scar on his forehead looks a lot like a bullet wound.

This series reminds me of Towa no Quon with all the esper kids under Hyobu's care and such.

Hyobu also mentioned something about his Queen...
Spoiler for prediction:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 05:31   Link #89
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I'm really enjoying this series so far. Hyobu has got be my favourite character here. I'm also betting that he already sorted out Andy's little trick.

I'm curious by what Hyobu said in ep 2...did he really die and was brought back to life? That scar on his forehead looks a lot like a bullet wound.

This series reminds me of Towa no Quon with all the esper kids under Hyobu's care and such.

Hyobu also mentioned something about his Queen...
Spoiler for prediction:
From your comments, it's pretty clear you didn't watch the main ZKC series, or read the manga...

All your thoughts and predictions you have already have their answers revealed, but I'm not sure if the story will attempt to showcase and retell all of Hyoubu's mysteries in UNLIMITED.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 14:35   Link #90
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
From your comments, it's pretty clear you didn't watch the main ZKC series, or read the manga...

All your thoughts and predictions you have already have their answers revealed, but I'm not sure if the story will attempt to showcase and retell all of Hyoubu's mysteries in UNLIMITED.
Is that so? Haha, you're right. I've never read or watched the original ZKC series. I'll look into it later but won't spoil myself now.

Edit: Okay, broke down and went to take a quick look at a summary of the ZKC manga. Hmm, I kind of prefer Hyobu as the MC than those 3 girls. =_= Haven't read or watch the whole thing so don't know the details...will do that later. And manga is still ongoing?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 14:36   Link #91
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I found manga better but is up to you really

Old 2013-01-24, 15:02   Link #92
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
And manga is still ongoing?
Yes, it's still ongoing. Also, Minamoto is closer to the main character of ZKC than the children, most of the time anyway.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 20:34   Link #93
Miraluka
Banned

Next episode preview!!! *-*

Spoiler:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 20:38   Link #94
Midonin
Last Engage

The effects for psychic powers have gotten a little flashier since the franchise changed hands. But that's the trio I know.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 22:31   Link #95
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

So official twitter confirmed that today's episode will have special OPEDs, and it's only too easy to assume what they will be all things considered. Thank you Manglobe, thank you.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 23:32   Link #96
pampz21
ShipCore

read the manga....but never bothered with the anime cuz Kyousuke is barely in the manga....and more of a comic relief than an antagonist....!!!! but im excited to see the children in action

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 23:40   Link #97
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
read the manga....but never bothered with the anime cuz Kyousuke is barely in the manga....and more of a comic relief than an antagonist....!!!! but im excited to see the children in action

In the anime, Hyobu is really an anti-hero. A Magneto-type, really. He's not on our "good guys" side, except when it serves his needs, but he's not an antagonist, either. Which is what gives the character a lot of room to operate and generally makes them a lot more fun.
Old 2013-01-28, 05:53   Link #98
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well this explain something

Old 2013-01-28, 12:20   Link #99
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Ohhhh so much win.
Spoiler for Ep4:

I really feel the respect that the staff has towards the original work.
Although Aya seems to be missing the mark with the acting a little.
Let's hope they show up again sometime later.

Spoiler for Ep4:
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 14:03   Link #100
Midonin
Last Engage

If a series is going to bill itself as "courtesy of Zettai Karen Children", it wouldn't be wrong to expect The Children to show up at some point. This is that point. And it made for a pretty exciting episode. While it's been a few years since Hirano, Shiraishi and Tomatsu played these roles, I'm glad to have all of them back. There's no roll call and the atmosphere isn't nearly as comical as the main series... but their presence does give the episode an air of familiarity that I find pleasant. Wasn't expecting the Catastrophe to go all Peter Pan at the end, either. Seeing Fujiko back was also a nice surprise, as was the few bars of "Over the Future" (I also would've accepted "My Wings".) Even if the girls don't make a reappearance, Minamoto looks like he'll continue to be a major part in the series.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem