AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-03, 14:49   Link #341
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
The game's length is around 30 hours, unless you skip side missions and cut corners, and even longer if you play pacifist on highest difficulty. That's quite a bit longer than Deus Ex 1.
I got 25h on my clock on normal, and i think i done most side quest, including the one where you get the grenade launcher. To be fair if i did not got lost every time, and fiddling with the item storage, i probably could beat it faster.
Does playing as a pacifist unlock something in the game? I still have a backlog to get through, so until the DLC is out I don't see myself playing it again.
What i have to say it that the game runs great on low spec machines. I ran it on a I5-460m+gt330m, got on average 30+ fps, rarely dipping below 30, with SSAO disbaled. Played it mainly on my laptop, since I still cannot find a replacement for my old Sony CRT.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 13:41   Link #342
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

A special ad for The Missing Link DLC.

Old 2011-10-15, 03:54   Link #343
Sides

Missing Link DLC pricing, $14.99/£8.99 for PC and 1200 MS points for 360. Kind of pricey, probably going to wait for steam sale, since a lot of games are coming out in the next couple of months.
Source eurogamer
Old 2011-10-15, 14:27   Link #344
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I was kinda hoping it would have been more around the 800ms price point. =/

Oh well hopefully by the time I've finished all the other games I have sitting waiting to be played it will be on special offer or something.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 14:37   Link #345
Alchemist007
*Author

Not even going to bother.
Old 2011-10-15, 18:42   Link #346
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Now that video really added another MGS-like impression for me
Reminded me of Snake's tanker chapter in MGS2.
Old 2011-10-21, 05:30   Link #347
Sides

So I went ahead and bought the DLC. I have to say, it is more fun than the main game. The DLC is more or less a standalone thing, it launches independently from the main game, although it might be tied in now. The section takes place on the cargo boat.

Last edited by Sides; 2011-11-15 at 14:03.
Old 2011-10-21, 06:54   Link #348
Mentar
Banned

I'm not through yet so far, but - the new DLC is quite entertaining. It also offers some extra insight for Deus Ex veterans. A "Missing Link" in fact.

So, it would get my full recommendation.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 14:00   Link #349
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

"checks the Japanese wiki"

Damn, the Square Enix team knew who to pick for the VAs.

Spoiler for The VA of the Big Bad:
Old 2012-01-23, 14:33   Link #350
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Question about ENB mod

i try to use this ENB series to remove gold filter

the problem is i need to use MAX setting which annoying because i dont have powerful computer

is there anyway to remove gold filter without using Max setting

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 21:19   Link #351
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Steam has a sale on all Deus Ex titles. 75% off all of them and the DLCs for Deus Ex Human Revolution. You can buy all the games and DLC for $14.99 and Deus Ex Human Revolution for $7.49. The offer ends on June 25th.
Old 2012-09-24, 01:13   Link #352
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Well, just finished this for the first time. I had been sitting on the game for over a year now I think, 26hrs in up to Hangsha, but the last two weeks I dropped 25 more hrs into it and finally finished it.

Yeah, those endings... honestly I don't know what I'd pick. They're all pretty extreme. I felt for Sarif, he's a visionary and wants to advance humanity and he'd do to himself what he wants to do with others (hence his own augments). But that much 'leeway' with corporations seems to much. Not everyone is like Sarif. That and framing the Humanity Front like that seemed... extreme. He could have tried to push for limited regulations as opposed to the harsh ones Tagget wanted

Tagget does have a point with regulations, it would give checks and balances to the system, and stop things being extreme. But like with Sarif you're putting a lot of trust in those that make the decisions to make the right ones and as seen through the story the Illuminati want to essentially mind control everyone, so can they really be trusted. Ethically I think, Taggets ending was to.. clean, it presented a good front but.. hmmm.

Darrow's ending of absolute chaos, I didn't really consider an end at the time. It's pure anarchy, and doesn't solve anything. Sure everyone knows the truth, but what would the fallout be. It would get the Augmented folks off the hook probably, temporarily, but there would be chaos afterwards for years. Pretty sure wars have started for less.

Destroying Panchaea... seemed like quite the cop-out to me. Passing the buck, essentially. Story wise it did make sense in a way, but its not much better than Darrow's ending. It will still result in the chaos, just that this time people would have no idea what happened. That and I felt destroying Panchaea and killing everyone on it, wasn't exactly fitting the 'Pacifist' Jenson run I had been doing (and somehow missed out on despite only using the stun-gun, tranquiliser non-lethal takedowns and two gas grenades), particularly after I had 'saved' (stunned) the girls inside Hyron.

In the end though, I did go with Sarif, because I find the idea of Augments and cyberpunk stuff to be pretty damn awesome. I just figure that Adam would have helped curtail Sarif's zeal, and maybe push for 'limited' regulations. But whatever... still watched all four endings.

But, in the end, the Illuminati got away, that.. they... are still out there. Still looking to control everyone. The post credits scene, was interesting. Damn Megan *was* in on it.

Well, guess time to play Missing Link now.
Old 2012-09-24, 06:04   Link #353
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

^
I think the Sarif ending completely eradicates the notion of regulations, it's all about using Adam's DNA to make augs available to everyone without the side-effects and complications of using nu-poz. The problem I see here is that in this scenario the only regulating factor is money. If you've got the money you can make yourself more advanced - the powerful getting even more powerful. To me that'd be even worse than the illuminati ending.

I thought Darrow's ending was more about resulting in a complete ban of augmentations than chaos. A global ban, however, would strengthen the black market. The technology is still there, some people won't stop creating and using augs. The result would be a huge field of crime in which criminal organisations like the harvesters could attain immense power.

To me the "fourth" option seems to be the best when it comes to regulations. The mess Darrow's signal caused without people knowing the reason would force politicians to pass regulations no matter what. Sure the illuminati would still have some influence on that but it seems much better than their ending, that has just a few people deciding on those regulations
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 07:05   Link #354
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
It's actually best to play Missing Link before you get to Omega Ranch, since that's where it fits in continuity-wise. I don't know why they didn't simply make it insert into that portion of the game. I don't understand "standalone DLC" that isn't actually standalone. x_x
Old 2012-09-24, 08:33   Link #355
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I didn't consciously consider money as a limiting factor when I picked Sarif's ending, sure at the beginning it would be but once it was wide spread I'd believe augmentation would be more widely and cheaply available (but than again healthcare is some abominable demon entity in the USA when compared to the one we have here in Australia, so my experiences with our system probably color my expectations when it comes to getting access to medical related stuff). But I can see the rich get richer thing still, far as I'm concerned that's always gona happen regardless of what ending you pick, its just who gets richer is the difference (my comments about Adam and regulations in that ending were just me justifying things to myself a bit).

I had the impression Darrow wanted to abandon all science related to humans, not strictly augmentations, and leave it up to the people - maybe i read to much into that. But like you said, pandora's box has been opened, there is no real closing it... it's just going to result in power struggles and conflict, hence chaos and anarchy. If only a 1/4 of the world was Augmented the sheer chaos and loss of life and damage to infrastructure would astronomical, it would essentially send humanity back decades of not further, and I have a feeling it would have been even higher than that based on how many Augmented people you come across in the game (practically every second person).

I would think it would be very hard to not have regulations after the events of Panchaea, no matter the ending. Governments would have pushed for an explanation for why half the world went batshit crazy, blaming dodgy Neuropozyne, or Terrorists, would just mean that there would have to be better quality controls (which would mean government standards/oversite generally).

The illuminati weren't on Panchaea either, other than Zhao and Darrow. Bob Page, and others were still... elsewhere. I think regardless of ending, its just one stumble in their grand plan.. as you see/hear from the post credits dialog, they were already concentrating on further research... which leads to the events of DX1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It's actually best to play Missing Link before you get to Omega Ranch, since that's where it fits in continuity-wise. I don't know why they didn't simply make it insert into that portion of the game. I don't understand "standalone DLC" that isn't actually standalone. x_x
I kept getting told to play it after finishing the game, because I was going to play it like how you mentioned. But I held off.
Old 2013-04-03, 09:50   Link #356
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

The Director's Cut version for the WiiU:
http://gematsu.com/2013/04/deus-ex-h...-debut-trailer

I was thinking that the console and PC versions could get patched to match the WiiU version, but I kind of doubt it since many of the new features seemed to be specific for WiiU's controller.
Old 2013-04-03, 10:58   Link #357
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
The Director's Cut version for the WiiU:
http://gematsu.com/2013/04/deus-ex-h...-debut-trailer

I was thinking that the console and PC versions could get patched to match the WiiU version, but I kind of doubt it since many of the new features seemed to be specific for WiiU's controller.
The gamepad features seem quite nice for immersion (less for gameplay, though).

If the rest of the features made it to a PC/console patch (or DLC ) then that'd be a nice addition for future playthroughs but since I recently did one (on hardest diff, stealth/shooty lethal path) I'm good for the next 2 years or so I think.

PS: lol at the scene in the video where Jensen uses the Typhoon in a mob of crazed Panchea civilians. Even in my lethal playthroughs I just KO'ed, tranqu'ed and stunned them
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 19:51   Link #358
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Now that I read it again, the gamepad features mostly giving easier/alternative methods of control. The only one that adds new mechanic is the grenade throw-back.

Looks like there's a chance for a patch then it might also be in DLC form too considering the extra missions (tong's rescue mission + missing link). The changes are mostly tweaks, so even if it's a DLC, it should be free I guess...

Yeah, I almost never use typhoon in the game, though
Old 2013-04-03, 20:20   Link #359
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Now that I read it again, the gamepad features mostly giving easier/alternative methods of control. The only one that adds new mechanic is the grenade throw-back.

Looks like there's a chance for a patch then it might also be in DLC form too considering the extra missions (tong's rescue mission + missing link). The changes are mostly tweaks, so even if it's a DLC, it should be free I guess...

Yeah, I almost never use typhoon in the game, though
Re-doing the boss fights is pretty epic though, able to win by stealth or hacking rather than a sudden Wolvenstein-from-the-90s with 3D graphics (I.E boss fight in a armory)

But I am not going to buy a Wii for that.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 20:57   Link #360
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
If the rest of the features made it to a PC/console patch (or DLC :mad: ) then that'd be a nice addition for future playthroughs but since I recently did one (on hardest diff, stealth/shooty lethal path) I'm good for the next 2 years or so I think.
There is in my opinion no excuse for said 'rest of the features' remaining exclusive to one platform... especially as said features address the major complaints that have plagued the game. It could be argued that this is insult upon injury to those players who bought the other versions and had to deal with the problems said new features address - hardly a recipe for customer loyalty or satisfaction.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote