AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-06-10, 15:04   Link #201
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But then how would book stores categorize them? They sure as hell aren't going to all update their systems and databases just because a publisher wanted to get cute.
What I mean is that I think it should happen eventually. I'm not saying the change should happen now. I just think it's inaccurate not to have it. I'm not saying they need to do this today, lol.

I'm just saying that they should maybe try revising their system a bit in the future since there are many new genres coming out very often.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 17:08   Link #202
GDB

Once brick and mortar is dead, then they'll update systems. Maybe.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 00:53   Link #203
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Once brick and mortar is dead, then they'll update systems. Maybe.
Lol. Anonymous should just hack their servers/systems and instantaneously solve this problem.
Old 2014-06-15, 01:52   Link #204
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Index OT2 is listed on Hachette for Feb 24th release. So, for now, it will follow the 3 month gap, It seems.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 03:45   Link #205
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
Assuming Index is popular enough in Western markets, it'll take YP 6 years to get to NT. 9 years to catch up to the most recent novel. By that time Kamachi would have finished up with the series...
Old 2014-06-15, 10:45   Link #206
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Depends on what they do. When they first talked about it, they hinted that they plan to change it if it's successful.

But really, it doesn't matter when Kamachi finishes it. A lot of the customers just want to buy the novel officially and they don't care if its done & dusted. I know you probably just pointed it out for the sake of it, but it's not a factor.
Old 2014-06-15, 11:12   Link #207
GDB

I'm a bit surprised it's starting off quarterly. When they said they'd speed it up if it were popular enough, I just assumed that meant it'd start every 4 months and they'd speed it up to every 3. But starting at 3, and possibly speeding up? That's looking potentially amazing.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 21:47   Link #208
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I'm a bit surprised it's starting off quarterly. When they said they'd speed it up if it were popular enough, I just assumed that meant it'd start every 4 months and they'd speed it up to every 3. But starting at 3, and possibly speeding up? That's looking potentially amazing.
Woah... that's pretty good... Also, if you see the recent news about just how many series Yen Press recently picked up (this past Friday) they've REALLY expanded their translation services. They have so much new SAO stuff, it's kind of nuts.
Old 2014-06-23, 10:40   Link #209
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Well if the license doesn't affect the NT volumes, then I won't worry about it. But if they decided to license the NT volumes as well, thebn I might just lose my mind!!!

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 16:27   Link #210
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Well if the license doesn't affect the NT volumes, then I won't worry about it. But if they decided to license the NT volumes as well, thebn I might just lose my mind!!!
Lol, it'll continue either way, but it is more convenient having the awesome baka-tsuki as a host... They'll probably translate NT eventually, but they'll probably wait until they've made headway into the earlier volumes, so as to try to piss off current fans, less.
Old 2014-08-28, 20:48   Link #211
Five_Overs

A certain magical index volume 1 light novel gets a release date: november 18 2014. Hopefully it does well enough to justify bringing over heavy object as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Certain-Magica...+magical+index

Rightstuf:
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/acti...=9780316339124

Last edited by Five_Overs; 2014-08-28 at 21:42.
Five_Overs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 22:15   Link #212
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

No, not Heavy Object. It would just kill the translation project.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 00:00   Link #213
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five_Overs View Post
A certain magical index volume 1 light novel gets a release date: november 18 2014. Hopefully it does well enough to justify bringing over heavy object as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Certain-Magica...+magical+index

Rightstuf:
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/acti...=9780316339124
...... at least its say " cover not final "......

..so 10,49 $ mmmm....

i have my doubt with this "method" of publishing......this is a long series, ...i would have chosen a "pack/compilation version" ......at least ..... 3-4 books per release .... just to see the market reaction.
Old 2014-08-29, 14:09   Link #214
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post

..so 10,49 $ mmmm....

i have my doubt with this "method" of publishing......this is a long series, ...i would have chosen a "pack/compilation version" ......at least ..... 3-4 books per release .... just to see the market reaction.
It'll probably have that larger effect when more of the books are out and people look it up. As of right now, there isn't even an Index manga in the US in English which already means that this will raise awareness of such a thing even existing--which in my book is already a plus.
Old 2014-08-29, 14:33   Link #215
dazo

well...kagaku sell in the us..so this isn't so new....

my "problem" is how the book are gonna be releases....there are too many books and i expect a similar schedule in release as the nt.
------
i am very sure that the license is, at least, for 5 books that "yes or yes" are gonna be released, so the better way , at least for me, its a compilation release.....it give you a lot of "info/hype" so you can "gain" a solid market.

of course, a compilation mean that the price per book is gonna be low, i wonder how many money you gain for book...but at 7$ per book x 5 book= 35$ + a nice compilation cover+ original "poster"....

i don't see a big successful in the actual schedule+ the fandom is in the new testament series...

Last edited by dazo; 2014-08-29 at 14:50.
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 15:23   Link #216
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
well...kagaku sell in the us..so this isn't so new....

my "problem" is how the book are gonna be releases....there are too many books and i expect a similar schedule in release as the nt.
------
i am very sure that the license is, at least, for 5 books that "yes or yes" are gonna be released, so the better way , at least for me, its a compilation release.....it give you a lot of "info/hype" so you can "gain" a solid market.

of course, a compilation mean that the price per book is gonna be low, i wonder how many money you gain for book...but at 7$ per book x 5 book= 35$ + a nice compilation cover+ original "poster"....

i don't see a big successful in the actual schedule+ the fandom is in the new testament series...
You aren't getting what I am saying. Railgun is indeed popular in the US. But the Index manga doesn't exist there and many fans don't even known Railgun is the side-story spin-off of Index, which is good. Maybe they aren't impressed by the anime or something, but the LN's tip them off to it being good.

Furthermore, it should be exciting to Railgun fans because they'll recognize characters like Mikoto from it. And maybe Touma as well... I feel like even if the first book doesn't sell super well... as long as we make sure to support the release when it does come out, and they continue it--then once people realize that this is a long series, then it'll have a large impact all of a sudden. I feel like Yen Press certainly knows what it is getting itself into with translating this--so they see potential in it with the translations. I think that they could have done a bundle, but getting something is better than nothing IMO.
Old 2014-08-29, 23:32   Link #217
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
All that means is that they'll just edit the title on the cover to English.

At worst, they'll blank out the entire cover.

Quote:
..so 10,49 $ mmmm....

Yes, if you're collecting.

No, if you're trying to get new audience.

Confirmation for now is that it's going to be 3 books per year.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 01:03   Link #218
dazo

Quote:
@dniv
Railgun is indeed popular in the US. But the Index manga doesn't exist there and many fans don't even known Railgun is the side-story spin-off of Index, which is good. Maybe they aren't impressed by the anime or something, but the LN's tip them off to it being good.
i can object some points, but in general i agree with you.
but, we cant take the index manga here, because its still(if i am not wrong) in the festival

Quote:
And maybe Touma as well...

Quote:
but getting something is better than nothing IMO.
true

Quote:
@Chaos2Frozen
All that means is that they'll just edit the title on the cover to English.
no, i mean if they are gonna use the "second version" of the first vol cover, if i am not wrong, we already saw a cover with the actual art....its in the image section.

in the case that the image i refers is fake, i wonder if they are gonna preserve the original cover or try to remake all the cover...
of course, i prefer the second choice .

Quote:
At worst, they'll blank out the entire cover
what ? they are capcom or ea ? if they make such decision ..then...they better shoot themselves...
.but .....its true..i have seen worse things .

Quote:
Yes, if you're collecting.

No, if you're trying to get new audience.

Confirmation for now is that it's going to be 3 books per year.
this isn't a new series, is a old series...they are gonna try to appeal to a specific group, and at the same time they need to create a interest in new readers.

a pack is the best option, you give 3 book with a impressive(if they have the money) publishing campaign, in that way, you create interest in a new public and you don't need to fear piracy, at least for a while.

and no, a bundle/compilation doesn't mean "apt to collect "..you can see this with a lot of books( maybe this is different in some countries), it just a way to sell more books and create interest

well, i also prefer a little of gamble when one is dealing with a old work(or a work with fans)

Quote:
Confirmation for now is that it's going to be 3 books per year
i was talking about the license, a license is for a limited number of books, that under contract need to be in printed on a agreed date.

if the series is successful, then they "buy" the license again for a few more books

the schedule of release is a different thing.
---------------

3 book for year at 10 $...i wonder if this can be successful...
Old 2014-08-30, 01:35   Link #219
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

While it is an old series, it doesn't mean they should change there distribution method. The best way is to release one at a time to ease in new readers. Hasn't really been different for other LN's they've done.
Old 2014-08-30, 09:08   Link #220
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Something to take note of from a recent yenpress interview for doubters:
Quote:
Q: What are the most requested titles that you’ve picked up for publication? How are readers letting you know what they want to see in print?

JuYoun Lee: Probably A Certain Magical Index. When we made the announcement at Sakura-con, the fan reaction was overwhelming. We get many requests through our public email accounts, our site, and social media, and it feels like recently we have been getting more license request for light novels than manga!