AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2003-12-06, 13:45   Link #1
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Question Saturday Anime

Does anyoen remember saturday anime on the sci-fi channel a few years back, liek 5? well if anyone remembers any of the titles of the ones they had shown plz post. In perticular there was one about a boy and he was trying ot get into these big ships that horded the earths water and he meets a silver haired girl on the way, itw as abotu the enviroment and stuff, good anime. I would like to know the title of it. ty.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-06, 13:52   Link #2
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Green Legend Ran ^_^

It was released by Pioneer on DVD and it's a great buy...

Other Titles

Armitage III
Akira
Vampire Hunter D
Casshan: Robot Hunter
Project A-Ko (showed 2 of the 3 movies)
Fatal Fury: the movie (the one with the armor)
Dominion: Tank Police
Iria (my fav ^_^)
Record of Lodoss War (first 3 eps)
Tenchi Muyo the first movie
Venus Wars
Demon City Shinjuku
E.Y.E.S. of Mars
damn...too ,many to list...if your curious about others...just ask...i'll try and help...

btw...all of the ones i listed have been released on DVD except for EYES of Mars....

Last edited by Superchop; 2003-12-06 at 14:37.
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-06, 19:15   Link #3
Doan

i have the DVD from "Green Legend Ran" and ... its not special great but not bad too.
Doan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-06, 22:34   Link #4
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Thx a lot man its been so many years and i was so little couldnt remember any titles.
I may nto need to know any more since the only other one i was interested in alot was Gall Force: Eternal story my friend actually remebered it for me . They came out long before anime was popular in my area. Hmm was there also one named tank police? I seem to remember that one being good. Wonder why they ever took off saturday anime? O well
Old 2003-12-06, 22:42   Link #5
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226
Hmm was there also one named tank police?

Sorry didnt see you already posted it.
Old 2003-12-06, 23:40   Link #6
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Your welcome ^_^

but speaking of saturday anime...i remember that during the last 2 years that they aired saturday anime they had aired new movies during weekday nights...and i've seen one movie that i liked but since i missed the first half hour i never got the title...and they only aired it taht once...

ok here's the description...it's a bunch of school kids that get trapped in what i think is their world...but no one else is around except them...and i dont remember exactly but i think they're reliving the same day...all i know is that towards the end two of the chars go around in a tank shooting certain spots to see if it changes...another thing i remember is taht towards the end they realized that the entire town/city/area they were in was riding on top of a giant turtle....
also...one of the characters had a special ability to use lightning/thunder...

I have an idea of what it is...i pretty sure it's Urusei Yatsura Movie 2: Beautiful Dreamer ...but what throws me off is that right at teh end of the credits it says "Dreamers World 2" and if i search for that title...i never get anything close to it...and if i do it's the Beautiful Dreamer Movie...

I just want to be certain it's the movie i'm thinking about cause i've read a couple reviews and even though the majority of them convinced me it was taht movie...there were some taht confused me and made me think differently...
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 02:54   Link #7
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Hahaha the funny thing about that is i remember that one too. I remeber that they were in the scholl and wondering why they were there and stuff. And that they were in the middle of space, and then it ended with the camera zooming out and they never really had a conclusion. It was pretty good. Dont expect me to be too accurate though since i was 10.
Old 2006-06-23, 01:19   Link #8
starfallforever

funny movie on saturday anime

It was called Urusai yatsura 2 or beutiful dreamer 2 in english i recorded all of the ones they aired during that summer and i've watched that one several times over it's my favorite

there were some older ones that i just wish i could remember the names of tho
in particular one about a man who is turned into a cyborg fighting machine and then proceeds to kill everyone who was involved with making him a cyborg it was a really good movie but i have no idea what it was the only thing i think i remember is that he was called cyborg 13 it's very frustrating!
starfallforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 02:06   Link #9
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfallforever
It was called Urusai yatsura 2 or beutiful dreamer 2 in english i recorded all of the ones they aired during that summer and i've watched that one several times over it's my favorite

there were some older ones that i just wish i could remember the names of tho
in particular one about a man who is turned into a cyborg fighting machine and then proceeds to kill everyone who was involved with making him a cyborg it was a really good movie but i have no idea what it was the only thing i think i remember is that he was called cyborg 13 it's very frustrating!
That was probably either Casshan: Robot hunter, or 8-man After. I think it's the latter, but it's been a while.