AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 50 33.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 29.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 21.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 9.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.64%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.32%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.66%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-01-17, 14:13   Link #321
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Suzaku did not figure it out with brilliant deduction or powers of premonition; he did it with an intense biase against Zero, believing him only to be capable of such acts.
I think Suzaku had known about General Katase probably in the past and knew he wasn't the type of person to suicide. (?)
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 16:36   Link #322
Tigryn

There's one thing that I think everyone's missing about Shirley. If Lelouch does end up geassing her, Vil will know that her suspicions about him are correct. If she dies under suspicious circumstances, Vil will be able to draw a similar conclusion.
Tigryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 17:07   Link #323
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, currently they are in the middle of a raging battlefield... not exactly suspicious circumstances if Shirley loses her life there Also - Villeta lost sight of Shirley... if Lulu geasses her now and orders her to forget that she saw him on the battlefield, there is no way for Vil to know.
Old 2007-01-17, 17:46   Link #324
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Well, currently they are in the middle of a raging battlefield... not exactly suspicious circumstances if Shirley loses her life there Also - Villeta lost sight of Shirley... if Lulu geasses her now and orders her to forget that she saw him on the battlefield, there is no way for Vil to know.
Why would she lose sight of her? Good nianja's are unseen ninjas

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 18:10   Link #325
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Poor Lulu made a mistake again Hopefully there'll be C.C. around to clean the mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazardNights View Post

I just hope that sooner rather then later the Black Knights find out what Zero did and turn on him. Seriously with an ally or leader like that who needs enemies?
Actually, Lulu didn't turn against his own group. And even if he did sacrifice some of his men, well, some times warfare does make use of that tactic if you can't do it otherwise, and Lulu doesn't have the fundings of a nation to start a full scale war. He has to use tactics, and it's a valid one. If you have a nation to protect, sacrificing even 1000 people so that 10+ million can live and prosper isn't worth it? Or do you think that war can be fought without such casualties when the enemy clearly has the advantage, and you have to use some sort of tactic to survive? In every battle, a leader knows that casualties are the most probable thing. Damn, ANYONE involved in battle knows that his life is more or less forfeit until he stands alive after the battle ends. If your troops have no chance to survive anyway, why not actually DO something useful with them? Or do you think that your soldiers would prefer holding their ground and being slaughtered instead of being used as a means to win the battle? It's called strategy. People DIE in battle anyway, better use them to win than have them drown in their own blood when they're being slaughtered for no reason at all. A leader unwilling to make such decisions if it can help his people survive might be a saint, but he's a poor leader.

I actually get frustrated each and every time Suzaku appears on screen, I want him to get his ass kicked by Lulu at some point It's one thing to have ideals, and another thing to be stupid beyond salvation. I could accept Suzaku trying to work from within since there didn't seem to be another alternative. But there's no way he'd get promoted with clean hands, but he's too blind and thickheaded to realise that. But since there ARE some people around who DO oppose Britannia, he should have gone and joined them. At least they SHOW that they are indeed fighting what he himself considered a worthless nation.

Let's face it, he's even worse than Lulu in that aspect. Lulu has other things to learn. And he's about to do just that.

Last edited by npal; 2007-01-18 at 01:06. Reason: spelling is your friend :p
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 19:28   Link #326
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigryn View Post
There's one thing that I think everyone's missing about Shirley. If Lelouch does end up geassing her, Vil will know that her suspicions about him are correct. If she dies under suspicious circumstances, Vil will be able to draw a similar conclusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Both good points the situation is very tricky right now. Zero has to be careful of any choices he makes. Granted they are in the middle of a battle and things can get shitty. But with Shirley there and Vil snooping around. Thing could go from bad to worse real quick. However im incline to agree with Skyfall in the confusion if Zero Geasses her and makes her forget she saw him it would kill 2 birds with one stone.
Old 2007-01-17, 22:30   Link #327
FSNxPhantom
ZOMG!!! HEAVEN'S FEEL FTW

Send a message via AIM to FSNxPhantom
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Actually, Lulu didn't turn against his own group. And even if he did sacrifice some of his men, well, some times warfare does make use of that tactic if you can't do it otherwise, and Lulu doesn't have the fundings of a nation to start a full scale war. He has to use tacts, and it's a valid one. If you have a nation to protect, sacrificing even 1000 people so that 10+ million can live and prosper isn't worth it? Or do you think that war can be fought without such casualties when the enemy clearly has the advantage, and you have to use some sort of tactic to survive? In every battle, a leader knows that casualties are the most probable thing. Damn, ANYONE involved in battle knows that his life is more or less forfeit until he stand alive after the battle ends. If your troops have no chance to survive anyway, why not actually DO something useful with them? Or do you think that your soldiers would prefer holding their ground and being slaughtered instead of being used as a means to win the battle? It's called strategy. People DIE in battle anyway, better use them to win than have them drown in their own blood when they're being slaughtered for no reason at all. A leader unwilling to make such decisions if it can help his people survive might be a saint, but he's a poor leader.

I actually get frustrated each and every time Suzaku appears on screen, I want him to get his ass kicked by Lulu at some point It's one thing to have ideals, and another thing to be stupid beyond salvation. I could accept Suzaku trying to work from within since there didn't seem to be another alternative. But there's no way he'd get promoted with clean hands, but he's too blind and thickheaded to realise that. But since there ARE some people around who DO oppose Britannia, he should have gone and joined them. At least they SHOW that they are indeed fighting what he himself considered a worthless nation.

Let's face it, he's even worse than Lulu in that aspect. Lulu has other things to learn. And he's about to do just that.
I agree with everything you stated, especially about sacrificing. All that the general in the ship said was "Where is Todou?" anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Both good points the situation is very tricky right now. Zero has to be careful of any choices he makes. Granted they are in the middle of a battle and things can get shitty. But with Shirley there and Vil snooping around. Thing could go from bad to worse real quick. However im incline to agree with Skyfall in the confusion if Zero Geasses her and makes her forget she saw him it would kill 2 birds with one stone.
One factor you forgot to include in this: "MAO"
FSNxPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 02:59   Link #328
bond4154

I actually enjoy how Lelouch is going around his character development now. I like C.C.'s line in this: "No matter how great you make yourself sound, you're still just a naive boy who's all talk and who only dreams of victory in his head."
bond4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 08:09   Link #329
Bloodseeker

-The 2nd OP is pretty good by itself, maybe even better than the first, but THAT much reused animation FTFF. Viletta is even hotter with her hair down, though.
-A Karen shower scene this is not. Lelouch doesn't need a shower scene! Give us CC!
-Kill that naive idealistic bastard, Karen! (I really hope he dies)
-Shirley is acting annoying. I hope that its just for the short-term... I liked Shirly. I don't want her to turn into Fllay.
-2nd ED is meh... definitely not as catchy as the first. And again with the damned reused animation!

I made a more serious comment as a result of this episode, but I decided to post it in the generic discussion thread instead.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 11:33   Link #330
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

yeah, if they gonna use a new OP-song then put out some new animations too, or atleast make the timing better, cause it sucked!

one of the best episodes imo, and i love the song halfway trough the episode!
Old 2007-01-25, 05:29   Link #331
SinsI

Hmm...
You are surrounded by overwhelming enemy forces, they have complete advantage and are shooting you like sitting ducks. They've ignored your attempts to surrender, and will obviously slaughter everyone, perhaps making an exception for your commander as a torture material to get your supporters' names out of him and murder them as well. And you have a big bomb.
Now, the question.
Why did Cornelia call the self-destruct decision foolish?

Last edited by SinsI; 2007-01-25 at 11:52.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 06:18   Link #332
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Hmm...
You are surrounded by overwhelming enemy forces, they have complete advantage and are shooting you like sitting ducks. They ignored your attempts to surrender, and will obviously slaughter everyone, perhaps making an exception for your commander as a torture material to get your supporters' names out of him and murder them as well. And you have a big bomb.
Now, the question.
Why did Cornelia call the self-destruct decision foolish?
I think this isn't a matter of tactical soundness, which you are suggesting, but of Cornelia's personal taste and preferences. As it was clearly shown in earlier episodes, Cornelia herself isn't against the idea of choosing suicidal last stands over surrender.

Perhaps she was putting herself in their shoes, and would have preferred to fight to the last man (and woman) in their position? I suspect Cornelia would like to go down fighting in melee, rather than the "easy"(?) way of blowing everything up.

As usual, this is just speculation.
Old 2007-10-17, 05:36   Link #333
frozenwaffles

Hey all,
sorry to bump this old thread but has this question been answered yet?

During the Shirley flashback right at the start of this episode, what exactly does she mean by "Shirley...Shirley will become Papa's bride."? So did she want to marry her own father?

and whilst we're on the topic of incest,
Spoiler:
frozenwaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 22:26   Link #334
MystikalLam
Saru Vision!!! XD

Hmm, I'm sorry I'm a bit late watching this anime, but when I saw this episode, there was one particular thing that caught my attention. I've looked through this thread trying to search for the answer to my question but to no luck. I also don't think that I'm violating any rules by asking this. But I would like to know the title of the song that comes on about halfway through the video. If this question has been asked before, I'm extremely sorry for repeating it. Well, thanks for reading, and if you have the title, would you mind sending it to me in a PM?
MystikalLam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 21:31   Link #335
lightbringer
M9000

@MystikalLam:
The song is "Stories" by Hitomi. It's the second track on the first OST.

@frozenwaffles:
I don't think there's a special meaning to it. Nothing strange with little girls loving their fathers As for Lelouch,
Spoiler for spoiler for a later episode:
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote