Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-11-10, 19:01   Link #5261
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Still, I think Vampires a way OP and over exagerated in this anime. that and imo Werewolf > Vampire any day.... eerrr Night..
Vampires aren't overpowered. Take Hokuto for example, it took Moka and Tsukune to tag team to beat him.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 19:10   Link #5262
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
In the anime, yes... in the manga, there are a few things to match up against the Vamps
like the Kitsune? oh wait he was one hit KO'd too...'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Vampires aren't overpowered. Take Hokuto for example, it took Moka and Tsukune to tag team to beat him.
THey didn't beat him he changed his mind remember?

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2008-11-10 at 19:43.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 19:59   Link #5263
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... you're proving your own point there...

anyways, with a little playing around, I created the follwoing image to use on my desktop, and if I knew how, I'd change it to a sig banner... even on my desktop, it manages to scare me

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 20:01   Link #5264
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

They defeated him...he was KO'ed for a bit after Moka's kick. Could he have killed Tsukune at the very end - yeah he could have. At that point, it just depends on the individual to say - but let's say that he was ultimately 'defeated' by Tsukune's resolve - there that sounds better.
Old 2008-11-10, 20:08   Link #5265
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

KO'd means on the ground not moving.... so when I say they beat him I mean actually make him Dead or Knocked out.
Old 2008-11-10, 20:10   Link #5266
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

WEell, I have yet to see anyone actually die in this manga... and second, he was KO'ed for a time, when they rushed to get the barrier back up. It wasn't until Tsukune was yet again putting himself on the line that Hokuto showed up, and I believe that he was out for a while. remember, supernatural beings have a tendency to recover rather fast

Old 2008-11-10, 20:17   Link #5267
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnn, meh, I'll let Magin take this one - I'm editing his story right now anyway. lol
Old 2008-11-10, 20:19   Link #5268
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
WEell, I have yet to see anyone actually die in this manga... and second, he was KO'ed for a time, when they rushed to get the barrier back up. It wasn't until Tsukune was yet again putting himself on the line that Hokuto showed up, and I believe that he was out for a while. remember, supernatural beings have a tendency to recover rather fast
Plenty of people have Died... Saizou died and not to mention whats his face that Nurse-san assassinated as well.
Old 2008-11-10, 20:32   Link #5269
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ones that have officially died:
...Saizou Momiya...(and assumed the ones that helped him as well,)
...Midou Kusabi...
...Mako Yakumaru (Nurse-san)...
Old 2008-11-10, 20:53   Link #5270
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Oh yeah... I forgot about the nurse

but Saizou was killed? Remind me how. I thought he just got a kick and was done with it

... and Tempest... Back to work! The readers are hungry for moar

Old 2008-11-10, 21:07   Link #5271
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Oh yeah... I forgot about the nurse

but Saizou was killed? Remind me how. I thought he just got a kick and was done with it

... and Tempest... Back to work! The readers are hungry for moar
Saizou: No.. help me, please!... Nooo... *gack*
Old 2008-11-10, 21:17   Link #5272
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

I... can't say I actually remember that

was this part of when tsukune went ghoul?

Old 2008-11-10, 21:24   Link #5273
Spags
Computer Programmer

Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
It was when he failed the outcast ayashi, their punishment for failure was death or so they stated. So they killed him for his lack of intel and poor judgment of Tsukune's abilities

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Spags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 21:29   Link #5274
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
In the manga:

Gin can hold his own against Moka, provided he has the light of the full moon shining down on him.

Kuyou was giving Moka a run for her money, though it's hard to say if that's because she gave blood to Tsukune or if he was actually stronger than her.

Tsukune can definitely go toe-to-toe with Moka in an all-out brawl, as seen when he went completely beserk and lapsed into a ghoul state.

I have no doubts that Karua can defeat Moka as well, seeing as she's the older sister and a trained assassin.
Old 2008-11-10, 21:38   Link #5275
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Keep in mind this is also shounen (if twisted)- there are definitely far stronger beings, and of course tsukune will end up beating them all

Old 2008-11-10, 21:45   Link #5276
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
I... can't say I actually remember that

was this part of when tsukune went ghoul?
S1 - Chap. 21 - pgs 7-8

-and-

In both of the fights that Inner was 'serious' in, she was at a handicap - either from giving blood or getting drenched with water. This time, she's got the full extent of her abilities behind her and I doubt that she's going to hold back against her older sister.

With that said, I've seen this many times already - the one with the most innocent and pure personality has a very violent switch in them. When the switch is hit, they just go BERZERK, capable of outclassing everyone and everything we've known up until this point. Karua might have one of these in her personality as well. Moka wouldn't really know about it, seeing as she's been away from her family for so long so the only one who'd have an idea is Kokoa-chan.
Old 2008-11-10, 21:50   Link #5277
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
In both of the fights that Inner was 'serious' in, she was at a handicap - either from giving blood or getting drenched with water. This time, she's got the full extent of her abilities behind her and I doubt that she's going to hold back against her older sister.

With that said, I've seen this many times already - the one with the most innocent and pure personality has a very violent switch in them. When the switch is hit, they just go BERZERK, capable of outclassing everyone and everything we've known up until this point. Karua might have one of these in her personality as well. Moka wouldn't really know about it, seeing as she's been away from her family for so long so the only one who'd have an idea is Kokoa-chan.
But at one point, wasn't the water turned off and Moka was fighting Tsukune full strength? Because she was really beating the tar out of him at one point; blood was just flying everywhere, and Kurumu was on the verge of an emotional breakdown.

And it certainly doesn't help Moka's cause that Kokoa is absolutely terrified of Karua. Kokoa doesn't scare easily, in general. So you know right off the bat that if she's this scared of Karua, then Karua is a force to be reckoned with.

Heck, you never know. We might not even get a full out sister brawl. Maybe Moka will just try to get Karua to come back to her senses before she kills everyone.

And then Moka, Tsukune, and Karua can all triple vampire team that molestor and the spirit of Jack Frost.
Old 2008-11-10, 21:56   Link #5278
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Vampire threesome FTW!... er, vampire triple team ftw! And hey, at least we're getting another major arc, so I'm happy as it is

Old 2008-11-10, 22:17   Link #5279
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
But at one point, wasn't the water turned off and Moka was fighting Tsukune full strength? Because she was really beating the tar out of him at one point; blood was just flying everywhere, and Kurumu was on the verge of an emotional breakdown.

And it certainly doesn't help Moka's cause that Kokoa is absolutely terrified of Karua. Kokoa doesn't scare easily, in general. So you know right off the bat that if she's this scared of Karua, then Karua is a force to be reckoned with.

Heck, you never know. We might not even get a full out sister brawl. Maybe Moka will just try to get Karua to come back to her senses before she kills everyone.

And then Moka, Tsukune, and Karua can all triple vampire team that molestor and the spirit of Jack Frost.
The water was turned off yes, but she was under for quite a while. Her aura disappated and was sapped away and she couldn't move because of the 'paralyzing' effect it has on her. Even when the water got turned off and she could move, she still was wet and it had done the job of dampening her vampire aura. She was using mostly her raw, physical power and martial ability to beat Tsukune up and not using her aura to augment her strength as she normally does.

Reading back, she doesn't really make a facial expression when she KICKS someone, almost like she's not even trying. Only when she's upset in certain cases does she show a severe expression. Even when KICKing the doppleganger, she was like '...hn'. Without their vast aura, Vampires are about 'average' in terms of speed, strength, and durability.

In comparing the coming fight between Inner and Karua, there's only one major difference between them - Karua's a trained killer. Moka can kill but she'd only do it as a last resort, however, for Karua, killing is basically her ONLY resort - if a deal goes bad, kill everyone there - those are probably her orders. She plays a dual role - 'assassin' and 'enforcer'. The rest of the factors between the two are a number of little things that add up just like any other fight - original species of their mothers, if they were not vampires already, how much 'aura' does each have, marital training, things like that.
Old 2008-11-11, 05:27   Link #5280
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
In comparing the coming fight between Inner and Karua, there's only one major difference between them - Karua's a trained killer. Moka can kill but she'd only do it as a last resort, however, for Karua, killing is basically her ONLY resort - if a deal goes bad, kill everyone there - those are probably her orders. She plays a dual role - 'assassin' and 'enforcer'. The rest of the factors between the two are a number of little things that add up just like any other fight - original species of their mothers, if they were not vampires already, how much 'aura' does each have, marital training, things like that.

Mhm, so it should become a very interesting fight...

But I donīt think Moka will be defeated soundly this time.
I am sure, that Mokaīs biggest defeat will come, if the opponent uses HER catch phrase during beating her up!
And for this, there are just two people I can imagine who could pull of such a thing!
The oldest sister or Mokaīs mom!

Come on, did anyone think about it, where did Moka get this catch phrase from?
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire