AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 1 2.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 21.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 26.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 11.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 4.76%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 16.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-02, 01:44   Link #81
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belum_nabum View Post
You should have sympathy that Faldio lost all his men in the battlefield and is depressed BIG TIME!
That doesn't tell me how and why Welkin would not punch Faldio in an outburst of rage after learning the truth behind Alicia's shooting. Welkin didn't hesitate to do it (in the game) although Faldio lost most of his men there too as well as to speak up LOUDLY his vision of how to fight this war (going against Faldio's machiavelian approach).
Old 2009-09-02, 02:46   Link #82
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

I wouldn't expect Squad 7 to act realistically like comrade in arms who have bonded through hardships when the anime has consistently portrayed them as angsty school kids instead. It's been quite obvious since the beginning that the animation crew doesn't have the knowledge to make it realistic militarily, so we might as well forget that.

As mentioned before, as gratifying as it might have felt, Welkin is not the kind of man to punch a tied up Faldio. Now if only he had been free of his movements...

Now looking at the bright side, Welkin hasn't been wearing that silly garrison cap since the end of episode 21!
Old 2009-09-02, 03:32   Link #83
blewin

I like this episode. It's pretty realistic in how squad 7 doesn't stick with Alicia (initial confusion is to be expected) and how Alicia thinks she herself is a monster. The exchange between Welkin and Faldio also brings out how matured Welkin is by not punching Faldio. Just because Faldio did the dirty work..... It's what you'd call a true dilemma. Sacrifice one person for the sake for thousands? or sacrifice thousands for one person? I don't think there's an answer.

As for the romance between Alicia and Welkin, I'm expecting Welkin to step up on it and break the barrier Alicia's put around her.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-09-02, 05:27   Link #84
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
Unlike Selveria's Val Powers, Alicia's debut looks to those people (or at least for me), well, not too well-controlled. At least she's not conscious when she's using that, and that's why I considered her as "an uncontrollable WMD".
This is very important, the only reason Alicia was able to defeat Selveria so easily and like many people said was because she was not concious. I know Alicia is going to fail in using her power in a very important moment and guess who is going to show up to help her.... Walkin. We are being set up for this plot.
Old 2009-09-02, 06:49   Link #85
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
You should have sympathy that Faldio lost all his men in the battlefield and is depressed BIG TIME!
I do believe, in a real world scenario, a sole survivor would be closely monitored and given psychiatric care as well. Faldio is obviously "shot" in the head now.
Old 2009-09-02, 07:43   Link #86
Belum_nabum
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I do believe, in a real world scenario, a sole survivor would be closely monitored and given psychiatric care as well. Faldio is obviously "shot" in the head now.
Exactly my point why he did something like shoot Alicia at first. Say it with me: PARANOIA!
Old 2009-09-02, 08:08   Link #87
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Exactly my point why he did something like shoot Alicia at first. Say it with me: PARANOIA!
Well, they explained why: to awaken her power. Although with those flashbacks, it looked like he shot her because he was afraid of her.
Old 2009-09-02, 09:26   Link #88
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I like this episode. It's pretty realistic in how squad 7 doesn't stick with Alicia (initial confusion is to be expected) and how Alicia thinks she herself is a monster.
It seems pretty fake to me how all these squad members that never gets any screen time jumps in and gangs up on Alicia.

^
Who's that girl!!?

Last edited by Sassarai; 2009-09-02 at 09:43.
Old 2009-09-02, 09:49   Link #89
KariOhki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Who's that girl!!?
That's Aisha Neumann. She's a shocktrooper in the game, but we all know how the anime kinda messed up with weapons. Also, she's 12 years old XD
Old 2009-09-02, 10:12   Link #90
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
It didnt take a genius to see how this was going to turn out. Even without playing the game one could guess that #1 the military would want to use her as a weapon #2 regular soldier's would fear and has reservations about being near Alicia. Her own squad though damn thats rough the only ones that really tried to help were Welkin, Largo and Rosie. Roise already learned her lesson about discriminating and im sure she didnt want to see Alicia leave. It easy to see what Alicia is feeling and i suspect its just a hair above outcast.

Faldio the little respect i had for him is just gone now however i am not heartless losing your squad must be tough. Im just hoping he manages to pick himself back and up and support the people who are still left.

Looks Maxi has a new ace up sleeve i am sure he had his engineers build a new super weapons or something.

The series has been decent but no where as good as i had hoped however i did find the last episode pretty decent.
Old 2009-09-02, 10:34   Link #91
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I like this episode. It's pretty realistic in how squad 7 doesn't stick with Alicia (initial confusion is to be expected) and how Alicia thinks she herself is a monster. The exchange between Welkin and Faldio also brings out how matured Welkin is by not punching Faldio. Just because Faldio did the dirty work..... It's what you'd call a true dilemma. Sacrifice one person for the sake for thousands? or sacrifice thousands for one person? I don't think there's an answer.

As for the romance between Alicia and Welkin, I'm expecting Welkin to step up on it and break the barrier Alicia's put around her.
Realistic in a non-military setting sure. The bond that soldiers share though once they've gone through battle together, is damn near unbreakable. In this aspect, the anime couldn't have portrayed the scene any worse than it did. My disappointment for this show grows with every episode. -sigh-
Old 2009-09-02, 10:42   Link #92
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariOhki View Post
That's Aisha Neumann. She's a shocktrooper in the game, but we all know how the anime kinda messed up with weapons. Also, she's 12 years old XD
So militia enlists at what.. 10 years old? That's all kinds of stupid.
Old 2009-09-02, 11:02   Link #93
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
It seems pretty fake to me how all these squad members that never gets any screen time jumps in and gangs up on Alicia.

^
Who's that girl!!?
Spoiler for just a personal rant against the likes of Aisha:

Obviously, it's silly reactions like that which makes me fall out in disgust on how fellow soldiers from Squad 7 reacted. I really wanted to see the older ones (Largo, Rosie, Zaka) bring back some order in the squad, remind everyone Alicia is still one of them and scold/reprimand anyone making rejection-prone comments about Alicia. Lay down the law, Rosie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Realistic in a non-military setting sure. The bond that soldiers share though once they've gone through battle together, is damn near unbreakable. In this aspect, the anime couldn't have portrayed the scene any worse than it did. My disappointment for this show grows with every episode. -sigh-
You got that right: damn near unbreakable.

I don't know whether or not local military advisors are called sometimes in creating Japanese anime films/series, but they always need military advisors in American/European movies and series to tell how soldiers act, live and even breathe. They should have called for some here (if done already, call for better advisors) with such lack of realism in the department.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2009-09-02 at 11:25.
Old 2009-09-02, 11:42   Link #94
Joe_fh

In reality it's unbreakable unless under extreme conditions were it kind of goes every man for himslef and even then it's rare. But looking at squad 7 do you even for a moment think they're an army squad that is fighting unless they're in a battle scene? I'm left with the impression that most of the time they talk, bake bread and hang loundry.... In a situation where you're almost dead and one of your squad mates shows up with an incredible power and saves you and all you're friends you don't say he's scary do you? You're grateful that you've been saved.

So those reaction were completely out of the blue. Especially form the girl that lived in the same town as Alicia and was one of her best friends (can't remember her name) But hey they tried to make it dramatic and stuff XD

And yeah this anime is at a total loss if you look for any military or even rational tactics. Heck in the previous episode when it was painfully obvious they can't kill a Valkyria like that why not attack the weaker flangs and surrond her. But noo....Welkin had to show up and tell them to flank her, when in reality any idiot would guess that when there is a hardpoint you suppress it if you can, to prevent major losses, and surrond it. And what were all the tanks sitting around for while the Valkyrias were fighting? That was a golden opportunity for a counteratack. if they missed it (like they did) who knows if Alicia would have one. The best time to strike is when the enemy is confused and scared. Yeah basically that last part shows just how much common sense there is in this anime...
Old 2009-09-02, 11:44   Link #95
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
So militia enlists at what.. 10 years old? That's all kinds of stupid.
According to Gallia, I believe minimum age for volunteers is 15? Aisha was an exception. Perhaps not the best decision, but hardly unbelievable. We've had child soldiers before and during WWII, and heck even to this day their are child soldiers in less developed countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
I don't know whether or not local military advisors are called sometimes in creating Japanese anime films/series, but they always need military advisors in American/European movies and series to tell how soldiers act, live and even breathe. They should have called for some here (if done already, call for better advisors) with such lack of realism in the department.
Strike Witches had one...he did a pretty good job despite the predominating content and focus of the series, it's too bad VC doesn't/didn't have one.
Old 2009-09-02, 12:01   Link #96
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariOhki View Post
Blah you cheated! You played the video game. Does she even have any other lines in the anime? Would you of known her name if you didn't play the game?

Seriously if I was age 12 and a friend/comrade of mine has super hero powers and saved me from death, my eyes would light up like seeing Santa Claus. I would scream wildly like a little fangirl even KYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! Alicia sama suteki! Besides there's a ton of more stuff she should be afraid of at age 12 like dying in war, monsters in closet, Fabio, etc
Old 2009-09-02, 12:19   Link #97
Snowman24

she said her name afew times in the anime, but mostly she's only gotten two or three word phrases, sentences or words in the anime. She's never said more then 3 or 4 words in the actual anime at a time. but she did have a long speaking moment for the preview parts at the end of each episode...don't remember which one. But she did say her full name and how old she was.
Old 2009-09-02, 12:35   Link #98
Sassarai
Army of One

Blah! rep for actually remembering that much about a character that no one cares about. Well maybe it's just me not paying attention to loli characters. I bet Shiroth would of remember everything in fine detail.
Old 2009-09-02, 13:42   Link #99
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

I liked this episodes save for some slight details...

- They Seem to be making The General Actually seem like a competent Military strategist, I think he's getting too much Credit .

- Where did the Princess go? You'd think she should have a say in something as big as "Another" Valkyrur.

- Valkyria are supposed to be the hero's of the past. Why is Alicia being treated like a monster? The people are supposed to be worshiping her, not shunning her.

- Squad 7. Too flaky for a squad that's been through that much. Welkin still is a horrible pansy, although he is a little better.

Other then that I loved this episode. Emotions ran high and drama about.
Old 2009-09-02, 13:48   Link #100
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
And yeah this anime is at a total loss if you look for any military or even rational tactics. Heck in the previous episode when it was painfully obvious they can't kill a Valkyria like that why not attack the weaker flangs and surrond her. But noo....Welkin had to show up and tell them to flank her, when in reality any idiot would guess that when there is a hardpoint you suppress it if you can, to prevent major losses, and surrond it. And what were all the tanks sitting around for while the Valkyrias were fighting? That was a golden opportunity for a counteratack. if they missed it (like they did) who knows if Alicia would have one. The best time to strike is when the enemy is confused and scared. Yeah basically that last part shows just how much common sense there is in this anime...
yes and many more examples that i gave up in mentioning, i already accepted this show is not really a war story....

and the face of Alicia while she walked away after telling Welkin to leave her alone, i thought she might release her frustration by massacre the Empire troops...
Closed Thread