AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

View Poll Results: Vampire Knight - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 22 30.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-25, 20:49   Link #21
maika_chan

Question: So if Zero was bitten by a pureblood, does that make him a pureblood? Or are purebloods the children of other purebloods? Also, do the vampires age? The 10-years-ago Kuran looks the same as the present one.

I'm still rather confused with the background of the story...maybe I'm just not good at picking up the little hints or explanations contributing to it. Overall, I kinda agree with Raserei_Hojo-san that this episode feels somewhat like a filler.
Old 2008-04-26, 00:15   Link #22
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by maika_chan View Post
Question: So if Zero was bitten by a pureblood, does that make him a pureblood? Or are purebloods the children of other purebloods? Also, do the vampires age? The 10-years-ago Kuran looks the same as the present one.
no. he turns into a "human turned vampire" class vampire. which is second from the bottom.

purebloods have blood from the original vampire in them, meaning their bloodline hasn't been diluted with human blood at all. there are only a few pureblood families left
Old 2008-04-26, 01:39   Link #23
kimchipride
Geass User

I thought it was a real good episode and kind of freaky/scary when Yuuki was attacked by the level-E vampires
oh shiz...
Old 2008-04-26, 02:15   Link #24
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Old 2008-04-26, 03:32   Link #25
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Finally got around to seeing episode 3. I agree with what you all have already posted about the animation quality dropping slightly from the first episode and the deviation from the manga. Kaname's artstyle is very characteristic of the mangaka's style, so I'm not too surprised to see that his animation dropped more than Zero because he's probably a bit more difficult to replicate.

I agree that the Zero bite scene wasn't exactly on par with the manga but that whole level E vampire was done much better than in the manga. I actually jumped when that vampire child suddenly reached out and grabbed Yuuki's hand. It does give you a better sense of fear and demonic characteristic of a level E vampire - and it adds a much darker, scarier tone to the anime now too. Overall, the episode was done quite well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaLideaL View Post
Spoiler for Episode 3:
Spoiler:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-04-26, 07:01   Link #26
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny
Now, what's this about a child vampire? I more or less believed Zero is a vampire, considering all the obvious hints they dropped earlier on, but a child?
some vampires bite kids too, like the beginning of ep1. so ya some of those kids would end up being a vampire.
Old 2008-04-26, 09:58   Link #27
OMchan
オムちゃん

Gah, finally had time to watch Episode 3. I thought the filler part was done pretty well. I didn't think it would have been that good since they probably stuck it in there to just to stretch Zero's bite on Yuki to the end of the episode. And speaking of the bite, it kind of looked like Zero was biting into Yuki's shoulder and not her neck.

Also, for some reason, that creepy vampire kid reminded me of something from LoTR. *shrugs* And was I the only one who laughed when that vampire lady got kicked by Zero? lol

Kimi ni Todoke
Old 2008-04-26, 22:36   Link #28
biiru

I think it was only me but I that's a kind of 'little fanservice' in the Aidou x Akatsuki scene :3
Oh, and I don't remember if Zero calls Ichiru's name in the manga oô like he did in this episode. Anyway, good episode.
Old 2008-04-26, 22:41   Link #29
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Best episode yet. Definitely not a filler - Ending created suspense, we finally saw more action from vampires that are not exclusive to those pretty dormies, and more info on the vampires was revealed. So IMO this is definitely not a filler. But a few parts I really didn't agree with - some parts seemed a bit out of place at times for me. Great nevertheless.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
Old 2008-04-27, 02:21   Link #30
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaLideaL View Post
Spoiler for Episode 3:
Spoiler for Pureblood and Vampirism:
Old 2008-04-27, 16:08   Link #31
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Only thing that annoys me is the volume and contrast casted upon the vampires' eyes. The radiance on the eyes looks off-timed to me when the vampire shots are taken on daylight time.

Everything else for this episode worked brilliantly, since the plot finally took off.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-03, 23:02   Link #32
Avisch
Reality Blender

This episode was very atmospheric. Looks like DEEN was able to take their Higurashi and Fate suspense factors and put them here.

Kid Level E was never in the manga...made the whole thing much creepier.

I'm worried that they
Spoiler for Spoilers for later chapters:

One crazy B****
Old 2008-05-04, 17:24   Link #33
Yonaka-Mikuzuki

I gave it an 8/10 because even though the episode had so much information for new VK lovers to absorb, I was a little disappointed at the ending of it. They only showed Zero biting Yuuki on the neck at the very few end seconds of the episode I was like O.O If someone blinked, they could've missed the most important part form the manga. I thought the part of revealing Zero as a "vampire" a little longer, with not so many interruptions of the past being brought out. But other than that, it was pretty good.
Closed Thread