AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-08-29, 00:19   Link #1081
Nofear3838
Hainiryuun

Boomswitch activated.

Got my 2-Dan back.
Nofear3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 04:10   Link #1082
kona~chan
ヘタレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasaru View Post
lol, ok that was awesome!

Nice!!! Dude that full pin suit hand was sexy... Dealer baiman plus ura-dora? Yes please!
for noobs like me...chinitsu and honitsu are easier

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 21:55   Link #1083
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Haha, I never get ura-dora. Not even kan uradora, but I always get hit by it. I'd stare down a yakuman threat before daring against a dealer Riichi.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 23:11   Link #1084
Kyuu
=^^=

Really? Getting Ura-Dora is like... finding a present.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 01:17   Link #1085
Dasaru

http://tenhou.net/0/?log=2010090214g...-00d7e2b1&tw=0

South Round 3 RAAAAAGE!!!

East 3 I had Haneman with potential baiman and South 3 I had a ninja haneman and I didn't win T_T

What do you guys think about my playing? Was it good? crappy? What do you think I could have done better? I need more help on my game XD
Dasaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 04:40   Link #1086
Dasaru

What is the most fu you can get for a hand without hitting mangan? I'm a bit confused because the point charts that I'm looking at all stop at 90 fu. Is that a fu cap or something? Or did they not list 90+ fu counts?

For example:

If I have two concealed kongs, both of them terminals. (like a kong of 1 pin and 9 pin). If my total fan was 3 (say from riichi and dora 2), if you ronned someone, I calculate at least 100 fu (30 base + 32 kong + 32 kong = 94, rounds to 100). Is it not listing the fu on the chart because it's extremely uncommon or is it not possible?
Old 2010-09-05, 15:25   Link #1087
Kyuu
=^^=

110 fu, ma boi. Didn't ya watch Saki?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasaru
What do you guys think about my playing? Was it good? crappy? What do you think I could have done better?
Just seemed like your luck of the draw game. Sometimes things just don't go your way - no matter what you do.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 21:27   Link #1088
Dasaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyuuA4 View Post
110 fu, ma boi. Didn't ya watch Saki?
I actually watched Akagi and Saki without knowing all of the rules of the game. Then after I learned the rules, I realized how rediculous those hands were lol.

Now I can watch them all over again to get double the entertainment!
Old 2010-09-06, 05:00   Link #1089
exkurizu
Twilight

Send a message via ICQ to exkurizu
2 han 110 fu is the highest possible hand... all higher hands will make at least mangan

I think hand would look like this i.e
(let's say this is seat wind east and win by tsumo on east tile)

i don't know a way to make it higher than that.
exkurizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 06:19   Link #1090
Dasaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by exkurizu View Post
2 han 110 fu is the highest possible hand... all higher hands will make at least mangan

I think hand would look like this i.e
(let's say this is seat wind east and win by tsumo on east tile)

i don't know a way to make it higher than that.
Oh I see. But if all three kongs were closed, wouldn't the count be: 30 base + 32 kong + 32 kong + 32 kong?? Making a total of 126, rounded to 130 fu??

In other news...

What is up with this game!? http://tenhou.net/0/?log=2010090619g...-39b72f3e&tw=1

We had Saki playing with us this game... Aparently they got +/-0 at the end of the game... not only that, but I had exactly 0 points...

crazy...
Old 2010-09-06, 07:40   Link #1091
exkurizu
Twilight

It would be 140 not 130
30 ->closed ron winning
3x32 -> 3 concelad kans
2 -> tanki wait
2 -> tanki from seat wind
2 -> tanki from round wind
----------------------------------
132 fu -> 140 fu

However when you change into concealed kan it will be then
sananko + sankantsu
meaning you will have 4 han 40+ fu so it will be mangan

0.0 and 0 points in one game... Wow looks crazy just like Saki xD

Last edited by exkurizu; 2010-09-06 at 08:19.
Old 2010-09-07, 11:17   Link #1092
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Grr...I've lost for the past three days. Yesterday's loss was a retarded bug where the game wouldn't recognize a dual pon wait so I couldn't Riichi and gain the benefit of the uradora I placed.

Today's was bad play, I admit it and accept it. In the final round, I had two Hatsu in hand, with the Hatsu as Dora. I had one Haku and one Chun, and three sets of incomplete melds. I used Caterpillar to draw a tile to complete one meld, created two new Haku and replaced the Chun as the uradora. Then I drew another Chun, and placed it as the second uradora, then created a new Haku and declared a hidden Kan. After that I got caught and couldn't draw the necessary tile (Ii Shan Ten: 3-4 Man, 6-7 Sou, w25m, w58s) to go into Riichi. I drew it far later, after passing up two Hatsu calls, but my opponent won with a Tan Yao before a winning tile flowed out.

What I should have done was take back the two Chun I set as uradora and waited for someone to discard the two, completely disregarding one of the melds (retrospect it was the 3-4 Man, but either would have worked for fast DSG tenpai). Then I played another game and was also blocked by a fairly cheap win.

Bad luck two days ago, stupid luck yesterday, stupid play today.
Old 2010-09-18, 15:10   Link #1093
exkurizu
Twilight

I stopped playing for a while on main account and try to play for fun in temporary account.

http://tenhou.net/0/?log=2010091904g...-6db7f71d&tw=3

And now this game owned me, My first time tenpai sou sushi yakuman(last round) and in the end i take only second place +/- 0.
Old 2010-09-19, 09:00   Link #1094
Dasaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by exkurizu View Post
I stopped playing for a while on main account and try to play for fun in temporary account.

http://tenhou.net/0/?log=2010091904g...-6db7f71d&tw=3

And now this game owned me, My first time tenpai sou sushi yakuman(last round) and in the end i take only second place +/- 0.
Ohh! I'm so sorry! The guy across from you had 3 wests in hand! >.<
Old 2010-09-19, 09:22   Link #1095
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Grr...I've lost for the past three days. Yesterday's loss was a retarded bug where the game wouldn't recognize a dual pon wait so I couldn't Riichi and gain the benefit of the uradora I placed.
You sure it was not just you being on furiten?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 10:25   Link #1096
Nijiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
If he's playing using BvS, it bluntly tells you when you're in furiten, though he may have not noticed it.
Old 2010-09-19, 19:10   Link #1097
Nofear3838
Hainiryuun

Quote:
Even if he was, you can still declare riichi while furiten.
Nofear3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 00:36   Link #1098
Dasaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijiru View Post
If he's playing using BvS, it bluntly tells you when you're in furiten, though he may have not noticed it.
It's also possible that there were 3 or less tiles on the wall. You can't riichi unless there are 4 or more tiles left. (there might have been kongs that reduced the wall)

-----

As for my playing...

http://tenhou.net/0/?log=2010092013g...-5a97709c&tw=1

Thank you for playing into first turn riichi!!!! 8D

Also East 2 I had dealer Baiman (24,000) but was in furiten
Old 2010-09-21, 20:24   Link #1099
tlautrec
weirdo

Send a message via MSN to tlautrec
Hi guys!

I play on Tenhou from time to time too. Got a new id 2 days ago and it seems that it's been giving me good luck so far. However my biggest weakness in riichi mahjong is in defense; anyone has any tips to dispense regarding to that? (I have a decent winning rate but I also tend to play into people's hands alot )

The last hand of this hanchan made my day
http://tenhou.net/0/?log=2010092209g...c2c0ebe0e&tw=2
tlautrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 00:58   Link #1100
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijiru View Post
I wasn't in Furiten, all of this occurred on the original draw -

As you can see, it's not a matter of me having six Haku, waiting on a pair of Haku and something else. I've got two complete pairs and should be able to Riichi off the Xia, dual Pon wait on the 1-Sou and Nan.

I BR'd this, because while the game is too simple to differentiate between excessive Haku combination, this was a likely case of the Haku screwing up wait calculation, thinking I had three pairs (and one Kan). I busted after cheating one more time, but I declared the Kan anyway, so I don't know what would have happened if I had successfully declared a hidden Kan then restored my closed triple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasaru View Post
As for my playing...

http://tenhou.net/0/?log=2010092013g...-5a97709c&tw=1

Thank you for playing into first turn riichi!!!! 8D

Also East 2 I had dealer Baiman (24,000) but was in furiten
That link isn't working for me. It might be something with Tenhou, though tlautrec's link is working just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlautrec View Post
Hi guys!

I play on Tenhou from time to time too. Got a new id 2 days ago and it seems that it's been giving me good luck so far. However my biggest weakness in riichi mahjong is in defense; anyone has any tips to dispense regarding to that? (I have a decent winning rate but I also tend to play into people's hands alot )

The last hand of this hanchan made my day
http://tenhou.net/0/?log=2010092209g...c2c0ebe0e&tw=2
If you've made a strong start and just want to survive until the end of the game, a strategy I like to use is to shoot for Kokushi until someone calls twice or Riichis. It stacks your hand with terminals, tiles less likely to be legitimate waits, and pushes the burden of winning onto the other players since you've likely screwed with their hands by throwing away potential winning tiles long before their hands formed.

I tend to shoot for Kokushi anyway when my hand has a high Shan Ten count, because winning with a hand that far from Tenpai varies depending on hand composition. A lot of times, I end up in an edge wait for a common tile, say a 4-6 Pin, with two 4-Pins in the pond, no 6-Pins. One thinks, "I'll win on the 6-Pin" but it turns out someone had an an kou of the 6 Pin, an either the remaining 4/6-Pin were used up or not drawn yet. Forcing people into this situation is really easy yet effective, especially if they're in last place with sour luck.

Triples are desirable with this defense, but pairs limit your hand and should be discarded. Meaning, you shouldn't shoot for triples intentionally.

Whenever you play defense, it's generally alright to play efficiently and logically. But if you see two+ Dora indicators, and you're not near or already at Tenpai, give up. Most players can recover from a Tsumo'd Dealer Baiman. But not a Ron.

Tags
mahjong