AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-23, 06:33   Link #1201
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Whatever. I didn't particularly enjoy Steins;Gate's ending arc either, for pretty much the same reasons I didn't enjoy Robotics;Note's. A plot that should, on the surface, be epic in nature, ends up being very small-scale and personal in actuality. So, I find it more than a little amusing that those who hold SG up to high heavens have so many issues with RN.

I can't help but wonder if it's more a reduced emotional connection to the characters than all the other reasons people are grasping at to like one over the other. Coincidence or not, there's no Rei Ayanami-type character in RN, as opposed to SN, and the comments in their respective threads shows by that omission.
If you are thinking about Moeka as the "Rei-type character" then it's not my case. AFAIK she is not very high on the list of most loved heroines, due to her role in the show.
My enjoyment of S;G has more to do with the carefully constructed plot, which actually works (admittedly with some minor hiccups) and the characters. Especialy Okarin is a unique protagonist and his romance with Kurisu was so well crafted that in the end I was cheering for them to reunite.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 08:49   Link #1202
Makino

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
seeing as this was the last ep I decided to catch up to it (I dropped this pos after mizukas death.)

wow. . B.S. all over the place.

-Cliche ending, wtf astronauts now?(after watching space borthers I findthis highly unlikely)

-Sawada's net handle should be deus ex machina (pun intended because...ROBOTS)

-and who the hell is Sawada anyway, we don't even see him in the show!

-Stupid Romance shoehorned in last ep(really they should have left it alone and left it unresolved between the blond chick, kai, and aki)

-Brainwashed by a computer program from a guy who was killed and somehow uploaded his consciousness or whatever to the net after he died? And even if it was just a program, how would it know how to torment misa and guilt trip her, and and and. . .fuck too many b.s. ass pulls there...so many questions I don't feel like typing wtf.

-BRAINWASHING?! ffs, seriously guys.

-Kimijima Kou not being able to kill a robot just standing there while he can run mach5 and kais robot is a rusty bucket that can barely move. . .

-one heart emp to kai knocks him out for like three days, but the next day he can take three in a row, and still have energy to yell and get out of the robot. . .

-the "tears" every time aki "pressed the button" like seriously. . .we all knew Kai was in no danger

-Misa for being a plot device. seriously her character was bad

-committee of 300? even akatsuki was more interesting as the cliched "evil organization" Hell Pokemon's "ELITE FOUR on GAMEBOY was more interesting.

-Subaru's Dad... why is he such a dick again? nope move on to Rusty Robot

-Monopoles? oh yeah we forgot.

-blond hared chicks mom? meh Kai kissed aki, so she doesn't matter anymore.

fuck this was bad...

Imagine if Gen would have done this instead. . .he would have let kimijima succeed in the end because the show is just so sappy, that it needs to be annihilated.

1/10 that 1point is for the arc with the blond chick, Kai, and the story about the mother, that was the high point of the series actually

the rest of the show was just fucktarded
lol very harsh, yet true. Frau's character arc was the high point of this series, if they actually built upon that instead, the series would proabably be a lot better.
Makino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 11:40   Link #1203
Aqua Knight

Series contained both drama and light-hearted stuff mixed.
But the final composition at the end didn't work at all.
Old 2013-03-23, 14:02   Link #1204
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

So since the series has already ended, can anyone answer anything about the monopole? I mean it was Geji-nee that told the club about the monopole and where to find them which helps them build a robot that could move.. but wasn't Geji-nee under Kimijima Kou? Surely Kimijima won't want to lend a helping hand to anyone that could've disrupt his plans.
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 22:04   Link #1205
MCAL

So word is this was the Aki ending of the game, but there is a Frau ending which is apparently more conclusive. Can anyone with VN knowledge tell me how the story ends for Frau? In spoilers please?
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 22:10   Link #1206
Kakkou
Tch.

Kimijima: "Misa is gone! I'm in control!"
Kai/Aki: "No you're not!"
Kimijima: "Dammit!"

[Next scene]

Kimijima: "Now she's gone!"
Kai/Aki: "No she's not!"
Kimijima: "Damn!"

...Sigh.

I guess I can say I enjoyed R;N as a whole. It's an okay show but had many things (some stupid) that hindered my overall enjoyment. Frau is the only character that I actually cared about to a certain degree and her arc was the only one I really liked. Kai too but I'm still not sure how much of it was simply because I love hearing Ryohei Kimura speak.

Robotics;Notes definitely is the least memorable of the Science Adventure Series though. In terms of characters, story, setting, everything.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 03:37   Link #1207
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
So what an ending it was, but I guess the Committee is still around for another, eh?
Pretty much. I am guessing the next one would be in space.Considering in the end, the main couple become astronauts.
Old 2013-03-24, 12:35   Link #1208
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2
Considering in the end, the main couple become astronauts.
Someone didn't get to go to space. Look closely at Gunvarrel's shoulder in the last scene.
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 17:58   Link #1209
Kitsu Breaker

What a epic Finale!
dammit!
I love so that much, I can´t stop watching now.
Thanks Production IG!

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 20:16   Link #1210
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
That was an intense finale! I enjoyed how it ended. I was a good series overall, but it wasn't grand or anything memorable.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 20:21   Link #1211
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
So since the series has already ended, can anyone answer anything about the monopole? I mean it was Geji-nee that told the club about the monopole and where to find them which helps them build a robot that could move.. but wasn't Geji-nee under Kimijima Kou? Surely Kimijima won't want to lend a helping hand to anyone that could've disrupt his plans.
That, for me, is the one unanswered question (and yes, there are a few) that really stands out.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 21:09   Link #1212
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

I'm so frustrated with this series.

I LOVED it in its first half. It was solid. For something that promised to be "kids saving the world through geekiness", it sure felt subdued. Every character had quirks but they were mostly realistically acted (especially our lead). The overarching plot was interesting too but I love that the focus wasn't on that. They really made an amazing buildup here.

It's just that . . . WHY DID IT HAVE TO CRASH AND BURN? Eventually it turned into a huge cheesy epic "save the world through robots" that just didn't work for this series. I am forever annoyed. The characters did not deserve a crappy ending like this.

I'd like to say I still like the series even then but damn I really don't feel like it. Part of my frustration is that I even liked this more than Psycho Pass at points. But while P-P remained consistent all throughout, R;N just -- ugh.

I feel bad and annoyed. I wanted to be that person to justify that "NO Robotics;Notes isn't bad" but now even I can't do it. It was being unfairly compared to Steins;Gate in the beginning but now it's just terrible in its own merits.
Old 2013-03-25, 13:19   Link #1213
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That, for me, is the one unanswered question (and yes, there are a few) that really stands out.
Same here. I can deal with the rest no matter how far-fetched it is, but this is way too much.

Only answer I've found was "read the fucking VN", which is not very helpful. And it doesn't make the adaptation any less bad for leaving that out completely. Monopoles' existence hasn't even been proven and yet a ton of them were raining from the sky in this show. You'd think they would at least attempt to provide an explanation for that.
Old 2013-03-25, 13:38   Link #1214
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
I have a theory on that one: We know that uploading someone's personality to the net creates an independent personality. Airi (original) =/= Airi (AI). So, Kimijima (original) might have wanted a backup-plan should Kimijima (AI) screw him over. Kimijima (original) always seemed to me to be some the kitsune-trickster archetype, not power-hungry as such, more causing trouble for everyone (including, probably, the committee and his AI-alter-ego; no telling how the AI would have ended up had the upload completed).

Even if that's somewhat close to the Kimijima's motivation, though, I have no idea where the monopoles actually come from. Also, I'd think that, if they revealed that the robot was running with a monopole motor, that might eclipse the robot aspect, no? It feels a bit silly: monopole discovery not shared, but used in secret to build a giant robot. Yay.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 20:25   Link #1215
larethian

Overall I enjoyed the last arc of the show. Episode 23 was kind of sweet. Though the astronaut ending was a little...... meh? Now contemplating on reading either the VN or LN. The SF parts do leave much to be desired, but if I'm reading it, I guess it's more for the characters, which I hope are more developed than what's depicted in the anime.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 05:17   Link #1216
Kitsu Breaker

That music in the end. make this episode very special to me.

FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Old 2013-03-26, 11:28   Link #1217
Diveman

I'm still pissed that Kai chose Akiko for his girl after the tease we got from Frau. Clearly she was a better girl for him.

Overall it was an "ok" series, but I consider Chaos;Head to be much better.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 05:03   Link #1218
Kansokusha
Skyclad Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
seeing as this was the last ep I decided to catch up to it (I dropped this pos after mizukas death.)

wow. . B.S. all over the place.

-Cliche ending, wtf astronauts now?(after watching space borthers I findthis highly unlikely)

-Sawada's net handle should be deus ex machina (pun intended because...ROBOTS)

-and who the hell is Sawada anyway, we don't even see him in the show!

-Stupid Romance shoehorned in last ep(really they should have left it alone and left it unresolved between the blond chick, kai, and aki)

-Brainwashed by a computer program from a guy who was killed and somehow uploaded his consciousness or whatever to the net after he died? And even if it was just a program, how would it know how to torment misa and guilt trip her, and and and. . .fuck too many b.s. ass pulls there...so many questions I don't feel like typing wtf.

-BRAINWASHING?! ffs, seriously guys.

-Kimijima Kou not being able to kill a robot just standing there while he can run mach5 and kais robot is a rusty bucket that can barely move. . .

-one heart emp to kai knocks him out for like three days, but the next day he can take three in a row, and still have energy to yell and get out of the robot. . .

-the "tears" every time aki "pressed the button" like seriously. . .we all knew Kai was in no danger

-Misa for being a plot device. seriously her character was bad

-committee of 300? even akatsuki was more interesting as the cliched "evil organization" Hell Pokemon's "ELITE FOUR on GAMEBOY was more interesting.

-Subaru's Dad... why is he such a dick again? nope move on to Rusty Robot

-Monopoles? oh yeah we forgot.

-blond hared chicks mom? meh Kai kissed aki, so she doesn't matter anymore.

fuck this was bad...

Imagine if Gen would have done this instead. . .he would have let kimijima succeed in the end because the show is just so sappy, that it needs to be annihilated.

1/10 that 1point is for the arc with the blond chick, Kai, and the story about the mother, that was the high point of the series actually

the rest of the show was just fucktarded
Spoiler for VN spoilers:

There are more I want to say. The original material is still decent. It just got fucked up by Hanada's hand of god awful.
Kansokusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 05:42   Link #1219
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansokusha View Post
Spoiler for VN spoilers:

There are more I want to say. The original material is still decent. It just got fucked up by Hanada's hand of god awful.
Thanx for the very informative post, Kanso. At least now I know that the source material is not a complete disappointment (the anime still is though).
Old 2013-03-27, 07:08   Link #1220
Kitsu Breaker

This Finale, I can´t stop watching and listening!
is so awesome!

FIGHT FOR THE YURI

Tags
science fiction