AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 29 29.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 30.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-15, 15:33   Link #141
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Sunrise has produced nothing but trash with the sole exception of Planetes since GaoGaiGar in 1997, following the split of its studio and the departure of its best staff to BONES.
I object to that I agree that some of the new shows by Sunrise such as Gundam Seed Destinyweren't as good as Planetes, or GaoGaiGar, but Sunrise has stil made some pretty good shows lately, such as Code Geass.

I guess we should start getting off this topic before the mods get pissed.
Old 2008-03-16, 06:08   Link #142
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I love how Carmel acted as the over protective mother, Shana is infintely cute in this episode. Great stuff
Old 2008-03-16, 06:20   Link #143
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Yet, you always need to keep the production quality.

These are just few many of the tittles they did.

Thos were good by your usual anime studios standarts but there were quite a few trash tittles as well.

Recently, their work really dropped in terms of quality, or are you going to say that ZnT II was a masterpiece or that Kimikiss was financial success (it is pretty easy to say even without the last episode how "great" it is and will be doing in the future)?

Shakugan No Shana and Zero No Tsukaima made them famous but thair recent string of failures makes them more and more famous in negative sense of the word.

I mean a studio who manages to screw up Kimikiss game's popularity must have same serious talent on screwing up. Even on the summer there was a great anticipation of the project and quite many believed that this could be their financially best title (better than Shana or zero).

But after really bad ZnT II they also somehow managed to screw things up with Kimikiss as well (I guess changing shounen romance into josei drama doesn't work).

Now they are making some negative reputation.

Shakugan no Shana II is doing fairly well, so at least this tittle seems like successful and even without the end it is still much better than ZnT II nor does it has ridiculous experiments with the genre (Kimikiss).

Thats why they do suck, even if they had some great tittles they also have an impressive list of non-successful trash tittles, or, recently, even plain bad failures that should have been great success (ZnT II, Kimikiss).

Yet, with Shana even if second season isnt as good as the first, it is pretty fairly done and if they do not seriously screw things up with the ending they will get a pretty successful continuation of the first season.

In case of Shana we really should wait with our conclusions, but all and all - J.C Stuff is a rather sucky studio.

And as in case of many other anime you have to wonder what if KyoAni would have been doing their tittles. Though i guess it is not fair as KyoAni is on completely different level than J.C Staff...

Well we have what we have, and in SnS II it is doing pretty well so lets wait with the complaining until it ends.
I haven't seen Zero No Tsukaima or Kimikiss. Most of the anime I've watched were recommended to me by one or both of a couple good friends of mine who were anime fans before I was. There's a few exceptions (Magic Night Rayearth was an anime I watched due to how I searched various internet databases for a magical girl anime I might like, and Rayearth caught my eye), but by and large, most anime I've watched were recommended to me by friends who are anime fans.

So, in fairness to you, I haven't made it a point to watch all of the anime produced by a particular studio, or all of the most recent anime titles. Maybe that's a good thing, though - it sounds like I'm avoiding crap that way. OTOH, maybe it is making me judge anime studios on the basis of their good titles too much (as I'm by and large not seeing the crap).
Old 2008-03-16, 08:46   Link #144
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

While the cannibalism of JC Staff continues, I reckon it has gotten to the point where it doesn't make a difference watching with or without subs. I've always avoided watching raws since my half-baked knowledge of Japanese will totally spoil the episode; however, since it's already that bad, it can't get any worse right?

Well, the more you expect, the worse it'll get. Or something along that line. As cliche as it gets, the expression is still true nonetheless. Probably someone could provide affirmation, but for this episode, I think the animation isn't done as badly as I felt it had been for the past episodes. I partiuclarly like the scene at the bridge with Yuji & his dad. The sky is pretty well done, so is the peaceful day mood. Of course I had no idea exactly what they were talking about, but I roughly understand the gist.

Of course, it could be that the lack of need to read the subs and comprehend the plot had made me pay more attention to the art and animation and appreciated it more, but still, I have to say I enjoyed this episode more than the rest. I should probably watch the whole series with subs off before giving an overall opinion.

That's not all. Here are some scenes which I enjoyed:

Spoiler for Episode 22:

Lastly, though it not be my matter (or whatever way to put it), I think we should leave the JC Staff bashing to the Overall Series Impression thread (if there would be any), or the dedicated thread after the whole series has ended. I ain't advocating or encouraging such discussion, but I think it'll be apt to judge those things only after the series has completed. Even if you decide to drop the series, reserve your comments until then, and you might just gain a different perspective as time goes by.
Old 2008-03-16, 23:45   Link #145
nines
I much prefer the 2d

so from what im reading is this like the end of the second series :O if so wtf....
Old 2008-03-17, 00:31   Link #146
The Real Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
so from what im reading is this like the end of the second series :O if so wtf....
No there are still two episodes left, this is just the point where for better or for worse the anime deviates from the novels once again.
Old 2008-03-17, 01:57   Link #147
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I pray for a 3rd Season... which theres a good chance for since the series is quite popular... but, it won't be for a couple of years... just as it took a couple of years for season 2 to come out >_>...
Old 2008-03-17, 02:04   Link #148
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I pray for a 3rd Season... which theres a good chance for since the series is quite popular... but, it won't be for a couple of years... just as it took a couple of years for season 2 to come out >_>...
By the time a 3rd season will be out, hopefully the novels will be finished so we have no original ending.
Old 2008-03-17, 06:18   Link #149
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Anbody else feel that considering the situation at hand, that Kazumi just might use her hougo to summon Pheles? I sure hope so XP
Old 2008-03-17, 16:17   Link #150
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Anbody else feel that considering the situation at hand, that Kazumi just might use her hougo to summon Pheles? I sure hope so XP
So Kazumi's gonna use the Hougo in an anime original ending...yeah that makes sense.
Old 2008-03-17, 17:08   Link #151
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
So Kazumi's gonna use the Hougo in an anime original ending...yeah that makes sense.
If this is to happen, then J.C. Staff will pretty much not have a third season, since Kazumi is almost central to the storyline. But it will have a great ending. This will answer the question "How greedy is J.C. Staff in terms of money."
Old 2008-03-17, 17:43   Link #152
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well at least I'm caught up in the discussion. Lot of heat coming at the studio, but since I haven't read the novels will try to stay out of it.

Good on Ike to do what he had to. Even if he knew it wouldn't go well for him, better to get it out there than to just float around. Can now move forward in whatever direction he chooses.

Just knew the letter thing would have a problem. Any time Shana gets close there is just another disaster on its way. This time Yuji doesn't even get to head in her direction before we have a problem. Really Hecate read the mood a little .

Yuji's next training needs to go on reaction time to a surprise situation. Sure never easy to react quickly, but seriously need to improve on that.

Sabrac's still kicking as well. I guess someone that impressive has to hang around for another day.

Well let's see how things turn out. Have to get the Reiji Maigo back or its not going to matter one bit who Yuji wants to be with.

Damn Shana have to love the baby question. She just had everyone completely thrown for a loop. Though her blushing when Kazumi told her about telling it in public being more embarrassing than being in the nude. Still something pretty entertaining about Shana wanting Kazumi to teach her about that subject .
Old 2008-03-17, 18:36   Link #153
Kristen
*Author

South Exit! South Exit! Don't go to the North! The north is Shana, and it's cold in the north! Cold means winter, which is symbolic of death! Warm in the South means Kazumi, Spring, everlasting life!

And I actually liked Wilhelemina for about 2 minutes as she was telling Shana to give up on love with Yuji. Then she betrayed my sudden liking by helping Shana. Stupid talking headband...

Overall, this episode was interesting for me because I was constantly urging everything in the right direction. When they showed Ike and Kazumi, I was so happy when she rejected him, and my heart nearly skipped a beat when Yuji was waiting for them.

The steal of the Reiju Maigo makes a lot of possible plot devices come into play. Yuji can't fight anymore, as he just has a torch's P.O.E. Thinking further, it was night when it was removed, so he probably isn't at a full torch's potential. Do they end the series by having Yuji disappear?

Or, maybe they have Shana realize that the only way she can show Yuji love is to die for his sake, and she makes Yuji into a flame haze by some unknown means, and Kazumi becomes Pheles's and they live on for an eternity together. ^_^

Since I was intrigued by this episode, it gets an 8.
Old 2008-03-17, 18:40   Link #154
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, it has been mentioned previously that Yuji's has a Guze no Ou level POE, so it should be a while till he runs out of it and needs to resort to Tomogara like methods to restore it.
Old 2008-03-17, 18:46   Link #155
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Well, it has been mentioned previously that Yuji's has a Guze no Ou level POE, so it should be a while till he runs out of it and needs to resort to Tomogara like methods to restore it.
Because of the Reiju Maigo. I thought it was that the P.O.E. was extremely high because of what Hecate did to the Reiju Maigo, so it contained more. Or did the container itself expand?

Regardless, I don't think he'll fight. It's very risky for him to do so without a limitless supply.
Old 2008-03-17, 18:49   Link #156
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Reiji Maiko go out too easy. LOL

Now We know the name of the future Yuji brother... Yuji.
Old 2008-03-17, 19:16   Link #157
Tendou88

Now it is clear that kazumi will use hougo and maybe become a torch after.
Yuji will be a torch for next episode since he dont have his reiji maigo, i wonder if he can still fight.

And i was surprised that Sabrac was alive, maybe he will help the good guys and become Yuji's tomogara or Satou.
Seems like bal masque used Sabrac, u could tell from their eye sights, but Sabrac aint stupid it seems.
Old 2008-03-17, 19:31   Link #158
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Why does this always happen?!? I mean like it always gets to the point where an important event is going to happen, and then we get interrupted. Although I'll let it slide this time because it's about time Bal Masqué enters. hopefully these next few episodes will be good or elseeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-03-17, 19:44   Link #159
HayashiMugen
(O_O;)

Send a message via AIM to HayashiMugen
Has anyone noticed that the karaoke is messed up for the end song?

In episode 21 it went like this
ー 祈る天展に 無限の様な時が止まる

In episode 22 it went like this
ー 祈る天展に 夢のような時が止まる

English Translation (Eclipse Fansubs)
I pray to the stars in the sky, and the surreal time stops.

夢 means dream.
無限 means unlimited or unmeasured.
天 means heaven.

I know that 天展 (tensei) would be the stars. Now to the point where 無限 or 夢 comes in to play. Why would you replace 無限 with 夢? (Mugen with yume.)
Old 2008-03-17, 19:53   Link #160
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
South Exit! South Exit! Don't go to the North! The north is Shana, and it's cold in the north! Cold means winter, which is symbolic of death! Warm in the South means Kazumi, Spring, everlasting life!

Or, maybe they have Shana realize that the only way she can show Yuji love is to die for his sake, and she makes Yuji into a flame haze by some unknown means, and Kazumi becomes Pheles's and they live on for an eternity together. ^_^

Since I was intrigued by this episode, it gets an 8.
You do know there is a south pole right ? Nothing is wrong with the North. They get summer too you know. Plus great fun in skating, skiing, and snowball fights during the winter.

Also isn't the one most likely to die for Yuji's sake, Kazumi? With her talking about using the hougu for Yuji and Shana's sake if she wasn't chosen.

Anyways I think they should just hurry and get the Reiji Maigo back. Instead of testing Yuji's POE capacity.